Like the Squirrels in the Tree
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/I ... fodils.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Finally got it up! ^=^ Sorry about the quality~
300+

The day was warm, but the cool hint of Autumn was already present. The creamy pup didn’t mind though. As she ran and played, she became hot, but the coolness in the air kept her from overheating. She paused from her running exploration of the field of flowers—or what was a field of flowers. Most of them had begun to fade away, leaving behind seeds that got stuck in her fur coat and made her itch. Sitting, she used her hind leg to scratch at her should and neck, the perpetrating seeds flying from within. Satisfied, the blue and green eyes watched a seeding dandelion sway in the soft wind. It reminded her of Char’n’s last visit, for she had picked a flower just before she had found him (or had she found her?). Amata was sad that Char’n had left again, but she thought that she would see him again. The large wolf was, after all, her guardiangel. Guardiangels just didn’t disappear, from what the stories said. He would come again, and they would play again. Her tail wagged happily at the thought—she looked forward to that ‘next time’. Rising, she continued on her way.

She passed a tree. It was short and it leaned close to the ground. The thick trunk seemed to provide to her a pathway, and the girl was determined to climb the tree. Princess Chance had been in a tree too, and Amata had thought that it looked fun. So she walked up to the trunk and looked up at the slope, noticing how much steeper it seemed up close. Jumping up, she attempted to get atop the tree, but she couldn’t reach it. A little furrow was made in her brow, but it quickly brightened as an idea popped into her head. Turning, she walked a good distance away before turning back to face the tree. With a determined breath, she bolted, running as fast as she could toward the tree. As her paws hit the bark, she was launched up its length, and she could see the plateau that was created by the tree—but the speed and momentum of the little girl had not been enough, and she fell back to the earth. With a soft thud, she landed on her back. Immediately, she rolled over, a little pout on her maw. "I can’ts do it," she explained to the tree, but she continued to sit there and think about it.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Why does everyone say their posts lack that or that or something? I think they're all great :3 And thank you for starting it ::Word Count:: 600+

The soft light of the autumn day spread its rays over the lands of Crimson Dreams; the light's pale hues of gold mixed with the rich oranges and reds of the leaves, giving a lustrous sheen to the rusty quality of the trees' fallen crowns. The bowed heads of the once proud flowers, now turned into flimsy, dying buds, stripped of their majestic petals, seemed lost in prayer, facing the earth as they were. Their plea simple, their voices silent, they begged, as always, the ongoing cycle of nature to spare them and, as always, their entreaty went unanswered. Nude, barely hanging, their withering roots grasping as much soil as they could, the flowers of summer remained bare under the glare of the stubborn sun, stoically facing the heat. The cool breeze only added to their obvious discomfort, tugging on their thin stems, as if trying to gather every drop of life left in them. Desolately, the dying children of the earth leaned nearer to the ground, in an almost ridiculous attempt at finding a bit of shelter-- their tiny frames painted the picture of helpless plants, caught between their inability to withstand the heavy assaults of the weather, but also incapable of accepting the natural sequence of the seasons.

The ivory femme watched from a distance the tanned colours of autumn as they spread over worn-out green and sickly yellow, merging in the distance with the faded blue of the sky; it was a view worth contemplating, and the moment was treated with silent respect by the blanched Crimson Dreamer. It felt as if this subtle change in colours and atmosphere was something grave, in itself of the utmost importance in the balance of the world's life; witnessing the path of time as it dutifully followed its predestined route, not once thinking of wavering in the face of the likely, of the "about to happen", the white Crimson Dreamer was reminded of the obvious advantages of never having to worry about the Unknown. Although its ways through the world had never changed, the thrill of completing the same steps held time true to its steady pace-- countless generations of flowers had asked for penitence for faults that may or may not have belonged to them, yet time had never once lent its ears to hear their sorrowful, painful stories of endurance stretched past the limit.

A little speck of cream caught the corner of the pale female's eyes; a small wolf, perhaps? Her curiousity perked, the pearl femme started in the direction of the tiny dot that grew as the distance between it and herself shortened. The mite of colour took shape as she neared it, so that within a couple of minutes she was able to decipher the silhouette of a creamy pup. It seemed as if the light child was trying to climb a tree whose once impressive trunk now leaned close to the ground. From where she stood, the alabaster she-wolf could make out the plateau created by the subdued tree, and her guess was that the flaxen-haired girl had been unsuccessful in climbing the bowed trunk and reaching the desired spot. The fair Crimson Dreamer smiled at the innocence of the girl's words, which she had barely been able to pick up. Her coat colour reminded her of another pack mate, and she wondered idly whether this could be one of Gotham's sisters. She seemed just as curious and playful as Gotham was, which lifted the female's spirits. Carefully, she approached and reclined to her haunches with great ease. She cleared her throat slightly, to indicate her presence, in case it had evaded the pup's still imperfect sense of smell. "Need help with that tree?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/I ... fodils.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry for the wait ;;
300+

Those blue and green eyes stared for a long time at the tree. How had Princess gotten up the tree? She couldn’t figure it out, because she had tried just climbing up it and she had tried running up it. And all of her attempts had ended unsuccessfully. The little girl didn’t want to pout and give up, but it seemed as if that was the only choice that she had. Another thought came into her head suddenly: what if she had to be able to shift in order to climb trees? While that thought lessened her sadness, it did not take it away. She wanted to grow up so that she could do all these things that were fun. She was tired of waiting.

She turned suddenly to look at the place from which the voice had come (and she decided that it was not a tree that was speaking). The young girl found the white adult immediately, but she was a little startled by the sudden appearance, and she jumped a little. The blue and green eyes widened as she sat without moving for a few moments longer. Had the adult she-wolf appeared magically? How else had she gotten there without Amata knowing? But after several moments, she decided to not be surprised anymore. After all, if it had been magic, how could it be explained? So, instead, she bounced up, smiling as she wagged her tail. "I’s thinks that I’s needs a little help," the pup replied cheerfully, the bi-coloured eyes sparkling delightedly. She very much wanted to figure out how to get up on top of those tall plants. "I keep trying," the girl continued, "but I keep fallin’ backs to the ground." Her grammar was slowly improving, but there was still much to perfect.

The Sadira pup took several steps forward, her head craned up to look at the much taller wolf. She did not think that she had met this wolf before, so she introduced herself politely. "Hi! I’m Amata and I live here!"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: This is kind of late and of a really bad quality :/ ::Word Count:: 500+

The pearl femme's amber eyes rested on the pale pup before her, focusing on the latter and her features, wondering idly why the colour of her pelt looked so familiar. It took her a bit to realize that there weren't other pups in Crimson Dreams besides Savina and Kansas' children. Indeed, she had only met Gotham so far, but she knew that he had two other siblings, so her curiousity was naturally peaked at the sight of the cream girl, tirelessly trying to climb the bowed trunk of the tree. Indeed her fur held a close resemblance to that of Kansas-- just like Gotham's cerulean orbs were his father's. These small similarities made the ivory Crimson Dreamer wonder what the other child, Cambria, looked like-- surely more like her mother than either Gotham or the pup in front of her did? However, the little cub was talking to her, and so she found her attention focusing on the creamy offspring of her ebony friend. A soft smile settled on her muzzle and she shook her head as if to indicate that the pale girl didn't have any reason to worry about it. "Well, I think I know a way we could do it." Her pause was only meant as a reassurance that Amata was indeed listening to her; knowing how distracted Gotham could be, the blanched female felt entitled to suspect the same would apply to the coffee-coloured boy's sister.

Urma's smile widened as the Sadira-Marino child plunged into an enthusiastic introduction. It seemed as if nothing could put out this lively girl in the slightest, which only strengthened her belief that the offsprings of the Commander and her mate would turn out to be fine wolves themselves and honour their parents as was fit for a child. She decided it would do well to match the lively pup and answered along the same lines, "Well, Amata, I'm Urma, and I also live here." Now that the formalities were over, she again turned her attention to the tree the creamy pup had tried to escalade earlier. Her mind working on a way of getting the small Crimson Dreamer up the tree without making it seem as if she had helped all that much, she offered, "I think you haven't gathered enough speed. It's a big leap. Maybe you should go farther from it and run as fast as you can towards it, so that the speed will carry you onto the flat spot at the top." She tried to keep her explanation from falling into something hard to grasp for the young pup. Realizing this was still too impersonal to gain Amata's trust, she added, moving slightly farther away from the tree, "Here, I could show you how and help you up, if you'd like." The alabaster femme reached a suitable spot, situated at a pertinent distance from the tree so as to not tire the girl's small legs in running towards the bowed trunk, as well as make it seem as if, when she reached the generous plateau, it had been her own doing, unaided.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait~!
300+

"Hi, Urma! I didn’t know that you lived here too!" Amata was delighted to meet someone else in Crimson Dreams that she hadn’t met before. "I’m glad to meet you," she said politely. But she was also genuinely glad to meet this white adult wolf.

At the adult’s offer to help, Amata smiled brightly, her tail wagging happily. "Okay, Urma! Thank you!" And the creamy pup listened carefully to the adult’s explanation. It seemed like a very simple solution, and Amata was pleased by that. Nodding vigorously, she said, "I’s will try it!" and leapt up, turning to run at a very great distance. For a moment, the girl stood there, squinting at the tree in the distance. And then, setting herself and squaring her shoulders, the girl began to ran. As the distance between herself and the tree decreased, she could feel herself going faster and faster until she couldn’t go any faster, and she thought that Urma might be right and that she could leap up and climb the tree. She smiled brightly and when she got to the tree, she jumped up, using her paws and her speed to push herself up there. And she was so very close, her little body shooting right up the crooked trunk of the tree. But still the tree was too tall, and so she simply fell back to the earth with a soft thud and a disappointed squeak.

Maybe Princess was right and she had to wait until she could shift in order to climb trees. Amata had just wanted to try it out, but she could understand what Princess meant now. The creamy girl sat in the grass, looking up at the tree and then to the white, adult wolf named Urma who also lived here. "Iss okay," the girl said with a smile. It wasn’t that she was giving up or wanted to give up but that she simply thought that she should wait until she was better suited to complete such a task. "I’ll just wait until I get bigger and can shift. Then I will be able to climb trees and catch butterflies and help others!" Suddenly her goals of life were spilling out, but the girl was used to sharing things like that with others, especially to adults. Amata liked to meet people and to get to know them, and she wanted others to meet her and get to know her too. "Do you know what else we can play, Urma?" the girl asked suddenly. She liked to play.

[/html]