Joining
Revian awoke to an empty hut, and the black darkness. He sat up slowly, hearing a fire crackle outside. He shivered a little at the vagrant breeze that drifted in, but he shook it off, more or less ok. He laid back down and stared up onto the heavily shadowed woven ceiling. He had nothing to do, but go over what little he had been told on the way into this new village; he was temporarily lamed and he was on the back of a larger female for what had seemed like a week.
He closes his eyes and breathed in the aromatic smoke that was wafting in from the camp-fire and sighed happily: This was not what he was used to, but he would not abandon it for anything. He giggled darkly at the though. How did he know that this tribe was not flesh eaters? He actually confirmed that by inhaling a new scent: Fish, and very good quality fish at that. His belly growled at him and he groaned a little. It had been a long while since he had eaten anything at all, but fish was his favorite, but being from Greenland, there was never an occasion to have fish. It was odd as well, for he was the only one in his prior-tribe who ate fish at all. Regardless, he knew that he was in no position to ask anything more of these people. One of them had plucked him from death’s jaws and shared their home with him. No one can ever ask to be saved like he was, so he made a vow to repay the tribe and his savior by whatever means he could. He sighed one last blissful time and slunk into a peaceful rest, dreaming of absolutely nothing.
[html]

Hello! Katie said you'd be joining soon - is she going to take part in this thread, too, or is it just the two of us? You can decide :]

A strange scent had entered the village not long ago, and the red wolf found it uncomfortable not knowing who ad why they were here. Of course, it hadn't been long before he found out that it was centered around Hanna's den, but he had made no move to solve the mystery. If Hanna did have a guest, however, he felt that it was perhaps somewhat inappropriate not to announce it, but to keep him in her hut - for it was definitely a male. Hanna was a fresh member, and it wasn't that he didn't trust her, but until she had truly established herself in the tribe, she should perhaps be more polite than this. Then again, Dawali trusted she had her reasons - Hanna had seemed very much capable of assessing any situation when they had talked, and she didn't appear to be one that acted before they thought.

Now, he moved towards the den of his new-found tribesmember, interested in simply unraveling his worries. They were probably unneccessary - he hoped they were. It was hard for him to know whether Hanna was home or not - her scent was all over the place anyway. Stopping at the door, Dawali knocked a couple of times, shark sounds reverberating through the structure of her den. "Hanna, are you in there?"

[/html]
I would probably need Katie here to help explain everything, and help Reeve there with his injuries. I'll try to keep posting up as much as I can here. And I know that this one will be a little choppy at first, but I’ll get better.

Revian Blinked "There is no such Luperci here, just I, Revian. " . He sat up and looked towards the door and nodded "But if it is the one called Hanna that lives here, I must thank her anyway possible" He reached out for the male, as if to shake
[html]

Marit, we'll do as previously agreed, and Hanna will respond only when directly addressed? I took this as an address, so here she is! Also, I'm going to make a picture sometime soon of her cabin, and the thread where she builds it is forthcoming.
Word Count: 316. Worth 2 points.

Hanna was around back of her little establishment, working on erecting the frames she used to stretch her hides during tanning. It was one more thing she needed to do before winter struck, to begin making furs for herself as well as any tribesmembers who wished for a little extra warmth. She likely would trade for any knowledge she had that they didn't; that way both parties benefitted from the arrangement. A few elk skins would do nicely to begin with, she thought, if she could get a hunting party together to help her bring the beasts down.

Hanna hadn't liked keeping Revian a secret, but she had been busy, and was also looking for the best way to reveal his presence to Dawali, and also trying to ascertain if the loner wished to join AniWaya rather than just being in the territory without pressuring him either way. When she heard her leader's voice, however, she knew the time had come, whether she was prepared for it or not. She lashed the last two corners together on a small frame perfect for stretching rabbit skin, dusted her hands off, and crunched through what fallen leaves she'd not swept away yet to the front of the house.

She stopped a few paces from Dawali, mildly annoyed that Revian had answered her door without her permission, but outwardly seeming fine."I'm here now. I was around back." She stepped toward the Kalona, just a couple steps. "Dawali, would you like to come in and sit? Unfortunately I have only furs to rest upon, but the three of us need to talk, I think." With that, she entered her cabin and began arranging places to sit in a circle in the center of the floor, handing Revian his crutches, which she'd fashioned from sticks padded with rabbit fur, so he could better move about the cabin if he pleased.

[/html]
[html]

OK! Dawali addresses both now; I guess Hanna can explain quickly, so the attention of this thread lies more on Revian? Smile
Sorry for the little wait.
Word Count: 355

The male's voice rung through the door, and Dawali listened, intrigued. Who used the word 'luperci' in common speech? It only added to the idea that this Revian was from elsewhere, where perhaps that word is more normal. Again, Revian spoke, and now Dawali found it strange that he did not know Hanna by her name. His face wore a puzzled look just as Hanna strode around the structure, taking a firm hold of the situation. In a sense, that was comforting to him; he'd been utterly confused, if certain of his authority, and at a loss at how to deal with the male and understand the situation. Luckily, Hanna somehow established some calm in everything, striding in and simply announcing that they all had to talk. That was, after all, the part which Dawali felt uncomfortable. He was glad that Hanna felt responsibility that strongly; he respected her greatly for it.

The male stood in the doorway with his hand outstretched, and Dawali shook it gingerly, but politely. He never really understood that gesture, but he would follow such conventions if brought to him. Hanna invited him in, them all in, and he replied to this; another meaningless convention. "All right. Oh, furs are fine." He himself had only three chairs, odd things, which he had manufactured himself. They were crooked and strange-looking, but he did not mind. He did not mind furs either. Once inside, he lowered himself on one of them, and turned his attention to the male, Revian. "I am sorry for not introducing myself - my name is Dawali, and I am the chief of this village." Pausing, he could not understand what kind of relationship the two had. Friends knew each other's names, yes? "I wish you would have told me we had a guest, Hanna." A slight reprimand, and an indirect inquiry for information. Unusually subtle for Dawali, a man of direct speech. Though his could have meant he was angry at the female, his face was not; it shone with the usual politeness and gentleness that he harbored towards anyone. Few had ever seen him look differently.

[/html]
[i] Sorry about the Lupricy thing, I kinda figured that we were beyond the word people at this point. Anyway, sorry for the wait, I’ve had to take care of some family business rather recently, but I’ll try to keep up

Revian simply nodded after he took his paw back from the other male, obviously the leader here. “Well met, Dawali.” Once he saw Hanna moving the furs, he shook his head and chucked “ No thank you, I’m fine here. But thank you for the crutches… Hanna” He had spoken the last word rather off-handedly, as if he were a child just learning to speak. It was the name of his almighty savior, and he would never lose it.

He did however, straddle the cot he was on and sat up as strait as he had dared to, he was stiff from being comatose for so long, so his back let out a loud ‘Crack!’ as he did, causing him to fall off of the cot in shock, yelping as he hit the ground..
[html]

This kinda sucks. x.x And yeah, they are, just.. it's kinda like someone asks what race you are and you actually take the time to say Caucasian, instead of saying "white". The wolves know they're Luperci, but they don't usually use the word, they're just wolves.

Word Count: 219. Worth 0 points.

The three of them entered her house and sat down, and though he did not actively scold her, Hanna's ears laid flat at Dawali's statement and her head drooped. She felt bad, because she knew it had been wrong of her, and it was the knowing that made it worse. It was in Hanna's character to want to make it up somehow, but she knew that there really was no fair justification. After all, if Revian had woken up while she was outside the packland and gone on a random killing spree, she would have been personally responsible for every single death.

As there was no true excuse, Hanna could only explain and hope that Dawali was not truly angry with her. "Dawali.. I'd meant to tell you about Revian. But things kept getting in the way. Shortly after I brought him here, I had to go stay with my neice. She was expecting and worried -- but I'm getting ahead of myself. Perhaps Revian should tell as much as he knows, and then I can fill in from there?" As Hanna had not heard that much herself, she thought it was a good idea.

Her ward then fell off his cot, and she stood to assist him back to a seated position on the safety of the floor.

[/html]
[html]

This is quick and dirty as my taxi is here in ten minutes oO
Also, don't worry about the luperci thing. Dawali the character thought about it, but that doesn't mean I OOC'ly criticized you. It's perfectly fine to say that, but to Dawali it would sound strange, because he takes for granted that everyone is a luperci - he's so used to it.

Hanna explained, and the red wolf nodded as he listened. He would trust her, of course, and Revian seemed like (so far) a perfectly capable and polite person. The red wolf also understood the urgency of pregnancy, but his point was still valid: it was even more of a reason that she should have told him, so he could know and deal with it while she was gone. Because she was gone. 'Nevermind it', he thought. It didn't really matter now, seeing as he was here and the matter was being explored.

Dawali's gaze was directed at the injured male and his eyes studied him curiously for a moment before he spoke. "So, Revian? Unravel the mystery." A wink played in the corner of his eye as he spoke now, his mood now lifted by the passing of the more unpleasant parts of this encounter.
[/html]
Well, sorry! Marit, please add my yahoo to whatever messenger you have so we can talk OOC so I don’t blunder into anything else like this. And do you think I could see to Rev getting his own house soon? (I’ll PM my IM to you, Marit)
Oh, and do you think that you can change my title from “Red Wolf “ to “grey wolf” I changed it on his profile
10/19 No Idea if I'll be able to post again in awhile, outlook is a little grim. But I'll try .

Revian sighed and looked into the (Center of the circle or Fire pit?) and sighed “ I wish I could, Dawali. I have no Recollection before Hanna plucked me from the Beast’s teeth on the coast line. I was half-hoping that one of you would know, but no matter. I just know my Name is Revian Deschain, and that I can drop almost anything at a distance of two-hundred and thirty meters with that cross-bow there” he points to a fierce looking weapon and the barb-tipped bolts to match. Revian could not read it, but there was an old Norse battle-hymn carved along the length of the stock.
He hugged the knee he could move towards him and rested his head on it, looking like he was about to fall to pieces. He breathed deeply for a few minutes and then sat back up, flattening his leg back out “Please forgive me…. It’s distressing to try and recall what isn’t there…” he trailed off before a single tear dropped from his cheek and hit the ground with the weight of the world.
After what had seemed like an eternity, he shook his head and looked up into Dawali’s eyes , hoping for an answer…
[html]

Katie gave me your IM-address, so if you see me on or see my add just go ahead and accept me, and I'll help you with anything you need Smile (if my add didn't work, try adding me: M-bernt [ at ] online.no ).

He listened intently as Revian explained - or attempted to explain. From what Dawali could tell, the male seemed to suffer from memory loss or something, seeing as he could not remember. But his looks were certainly exotic for these lands, and Dawali found trust within himself, for the male. When he mentioned his skill with a bow, Dawali smiled broadly; he'd always found working with bows and arrows to be particularly satisfying. His smile soon disappeared, however, as it was clear to him that the male was struggling with his new-found consciousness in a new-found world. The Kalona would not know how it felt to be in such a situation, but he didn't imagine that it was easy. Sitting in silence for a moment, after Revian's apology rang in the air, Dawali made no comment on anything. This would be the type of situation when his obligations to the old ways sang clearly to him; one should offer a home to those who had one, and give what companionship and trust one had to those who needed it. He hadn't cared much when all these ideologic thoughts and opinions had been fed him as a young male, but now when he sat in the leader's chair he understood much better; with the position he held came a great opportunity to help those who needed help, and that was what he could do right now. He kept his distance, refusing to impose on another male's problems, but instead he spoke. His voice was normal, with a hint of an offer in it. "I see. Well... Revian, you are free to stay among us until you have recovered —and after. If Hanna has come to trust you, then so will I." Even if Hanna was a fresh member, she had proven that her mind was on the same level as his own.

[/html]
[html]

*works steadily at her replies* Sorry for the delay on this, and sorry I wrote a book.
Word Count: 514. Worth 5 points.

As Revian curled into himself in sorrow at losing his past, Hanna extended an arm to place a hand on his shoulder in support, but said not a word. She doubted he would want pity for something that could not be changed, but strength was a different story. Likewise Dawali said nothing until Revian seemed better. Only then would the medic remove her hand and place it back in her lap. She kept her face relatively blank, letting no emotion she would not want seen enter her eyes, again keeping from seeming overly sympathetic or patronizing. Then she began her part of the tale, weaving it as best she could.

"That day, I was exploring north of here, walking along the coast. I saw something that didn't seem right and, when I investigated, found Revian. He was unconscious and had an obviously broken leg, but seemed dry, like he had either been on the sands for awhile or arrived some other way than swimming." She had not seen the boat that carried the greyscaled male, having come up just after the watercraft was out of sight. "I walked part of the way back here trying to carry him and his supplies, but nearly dropped everything, Revian included. The few seconds of the trip he was awake, he asked for water, and that's what I got him to as quickly as I could. Claire helped me by carrying his crossbow and bolts and I carried his box and him. When I put him in a shallow stream off of the river, he came to and we walked here after I got a staff for him to use."

From there, the trio had traveled to her little cottage and with Claire's help, Hanna had set Revian's leg and splinted it. It was painful and she knew it, but as she had probed around the medic had found that the bone was beginning to set in the wrong place. She was worried at first, in fact, that she would have to re-break the bone to fix it. Everything ended up working out, however, and with just a little bit of work, Revian was on his way to recovery. She had stocked her cabin up with plenty of food for him so that she could get out and about, and was more than pleased she had thought ahead as she left with Mew when she came. Her niece was now the proud mother of three pups after a fairly uneventful couple of weeks in Dahlia de Mai(though she had met plenty of new faces and been happy to see old ones, too). As an afterthought, Hanna spoke again, "Come to think of it, that splint should be nearly ready to come off. It's been long enough, and probably then some." She glanced to Revian's face. If he okayed it, she would remove the splint now while Dawali was available to help her help the other man to his feet. She was likely strong enough to get him up, but if he fell she might have further problems.

[/html]
Thank you, Marit. And you too Katie. My life has been rather hectic as of late, but I have a system in place to keep me posting as smoothly as possible, against the conditions. Anyway….
This is it. It’s rather unpolished, but it must do for now. 11/23

Revian nodded and perked his ears up a little, but smiled back rather darkly, saying “I a, sure that I wouldn’t now know how to get back to wherever it was I came from. And I am also sure that there would be no place for me there…” he shook his head and chuckled for a bit, realizing that he probably was better off detaching his past from himself than to try to reach it.

He looked to Dawali with more resolve now, saying “ I must get a house of my own as soon as possible. Hanna has healed me well enough, and I thank her from the bottom of my heart.” He nodded as low as he could while sitting. “but I would take my leave of her as soon as I reasonably could. “ He leaned over to the cot with his good arm, and worked himself up, standing with the crutches.
Revian nodded and perked his ears up a little, nodding over to hanna “Help me up then, please. These crutches are too much for me to take.”