an epidemic of the mannequins [j]
[html]

Character Name: Lolita Monroe

Character Birthdate (including year): 4/10/08

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Yes

Species: GSD x Malamute x Wolf

A secondary form of contact (AIM): HuggleSquishGirl

500+ words.

######Stretched out at the base of the tree, Lolita was being very careful to stay far away from the heavily scented borders of the pack, but she was close enough that she would surely draw attention to herself eventually. The bark of the tree was hurting her shoulder, but it wasn't really worth moving, since it could do her no harm. Indeed, even if she had chosen to wander into the pack's territory, nothing could really happen to her. It was unlikely anything would happen to her, ever. She was doomed to wander in this form and this existence forever, unable to let her body rest. What was it they said about the dead? Something about letting them rest in peace, but rather, it seemed that some were meant to suck it up and keep going, and she was one of those. It truly was a bother, being dead when no one else seemed to be. It meant that no one ever understood what she meant when she explained the situation to them. The concept wasn't hard. Perhaps she would have better luck with this pack than she had with all of the others she had unsuccessfully tried to join.

######"It truly is a shame he killed me," she muttered wistfully, one long finger tracing the seams of the faded leather bag sitting on her stomach. "My life would be significantly easier, if that were the case." She wouldn't have had to leave her sister, for one. It was not that awful to think about having to leave Pello and Rashelle, but she surely was going to miss Pippa something terrible. It had been months since she had seen her last, a minimum of six months. Thinking this over, a shocked expression settled on her face as she realized she had been dead for half of an entire year. That was crazy! Would anyone miss her, or even think about the fact that she had been dead for so long? For a while, she had tried to let the life drain out of her body completely, believing that it had been the only way she could really rest, but unfortunately, the dead girl had kept on walking. Then, she had found the stuff that could keep her body animated, even when it technically should be rotting in the ground. It was a strange plant, but with all of the things she had found in various human houses - usually in messy bedrooms with pictures of people with odd manes on the walls, silly 80s music - Lolita had figured out what it did, and she liked it.

######Reaching into her bag, she decided that it might be prudent to try and make herself as lively as possible for if and when someone came across her. Her claws scraped across the large clump she had pulled out, and she inhaled the scent with a pleasant shudder. The other hand wrapped around the nearest piece, while fishing around for her box of matches or one of her many lighters. Lifting one out, she smiled a successful grin at the strange purple object. It had taken her a while to figure out how to work it, but with how many she had found, it was very much worth it. She deftly packed her bowl and lifted it to her mouth, lighting it in one swift motion. As she felt the calming high begin to settle over her (it only ever took one or two hits for it to begin), she exhaled slowly, her eyes closed and her toes tapping against the ground. It was marvelous.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]
[html]
Sorry about the wait.... I am really busy, but I will try to reply to this as fast as I can.
300+

She went hunting. Soon the pups would not require as much attention from the warrior, but still they required her aid. Her mind dwelt upon the prior day, and she heard the Raven’s call as if he knew that it was he of whom she thought. The gaze was lifted to find the silhouette of the strange bird, pied and marred. And she followed his guidance then that lead her away from the hunt, and she followed him to the boarders.

The scent did not smell like fire, but the unmistakable hue of smoke and fire lingered within that strange scent. The warrior decidedly did not like that scent, finding the colours of the scent itself to be of an intolerable shade and tone. An imperceptible frown touched the warrior’s lips, and yet, the tranquility seemed undisturbed. The white orbs moved through the trees as her body was put forth in motion once more, those fluid movements as the wind or the water. And the woad-marked she-wolf moved as a shadow in silence, the banded ears listening to the silence until she found a strange sound, one that did not fit within the symphony of the woods. Briefly her eyes closed, and then they opened as she listened. And then she paused, the movements ceasing so suddenly (or was it gradually?) that the beginning and the end was unknown.

A flamboyant creature stood there in the presence of a tree, and the smoke came from that creature. The white orbs considered the maw of the other that seemed to produce smoke, but she could see that it was the thing within the hands that danced most clearly with that strange smoke. The Dahlian warrior, unfamiliar with many such humanesque practices, was able to recognize the general idea of a ‘drug’, but not exactly what was done. But, since it was not that thing of smoke that was in her interest, the pupiless orbs lifted to the other. "Do you seek another?" The quiet, alto melody danced with silver feet upon the air and the one-eyed Raven with the shattered beak landed upon the wolf’s shoulder.

[/html]
[html]

=D It's been a while since I've had a Cmwfen thread! 500+ words.

######The presence of another was expected and was welcomed warmly by the deceased girl. Lifting her gaze to study the woman, Lolita was surprised by the strange blue markings that adorned the woman's body. "Ez így lehűlni," she mused in the tongue she had taken up in her travels, studying the strange markings with interest. She held an unnatural marking as well, the tattoo on her forehead, but it was strange to see someone else with something so different. Everyone wanted to be the same, to conform to what everyone else wanted them to be like. She had always been different, though, and from what she could tell of the pack woman, she was not your average wolf either. How different the black and blue woman was, she was not able to tell just by looking at her, but it was reassuring to know that she wasn't the only one who ventured a little out of the ordinary.

######Realizing that the woman likely wouldn't understand the language she had inadvertently used, she smiled sheepishly, sitting up against the tree she had been laying beneath. "Did you want some? Or did you not mean it like that," she asked, the seconf part not really a question, since she suspected that it was not what the woman had meant. It did not occur to her that there was anything wrong with the idea of smoking on a pack's borders, or she might have said something more than offering the smoldering bowl to the pack woman. Smoking this herb was such an important thing to her. Otherwise, she would feel less alive in her current state, even though that was a lie in itself. It made her feel like she wasn't going to crumble and decompose instantaneously into the ground beneath her feet. There was nothing unusual about what she was doing, in her eyes, but she supposed that others might see it as such, so she would put it away if the blue marked female didn't want any of the lovely.

######In a second response to her question, Lolita felt that she had answered the question more appropriately when she said, "Actually, I guess I was waiting for someone. . . Anyone, really, but it's not like it was urgent or anything. I have all of forever, basically. This smelled like a pack, so I thought I might be able to join, if possible. No one likes to be alone in their life, right? Well, I can tell you from first hand experience, it kinda sucks when you're dead, too." Being dead really was such a hassle. First of all, everyone seemed to think you were crazy, and it was always annoying to consider how most of the dead got to sleep and rest or whatever, but she had to keep on walking. And then there was the fact that she always felt a little under the weather, except right after taking a hit. Right now, she felt pretty good, but she knew the annoying tendencies of being dead would catch up to her soon. Hopefully it would wait until after her meeting with this woman, though, considering she didn't seem like she was interested in Lolita's stash. It would be terribly rude to pull it out a second time during their very first meeting, indeed.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]
[html]
I know! ^=^ And I am just making it crap for you, OnO
300+

The woad-banded aurals pressed forward in a single, subtle movement that seemed to push the erected posture forward. The tranquility, however, seemed unfazed by the foreign words that escaped the other’s tongue. She listened to those words with hidden meaning, and listened to the song that was placed upon the air that was a silent sigh. What they sang of she did not know, but the colours did not seem unpleasant. The warrior did not respond and was quiet with unhurried silence as the white orbs considered the other wolf. And the black fae realized the potential ambiguity of her words only when the other replied in an unexpected way. There was a brief silence that followed the white female’s words, but it was not of uncertainty. It was seen by the Caledonian-Korean that the offer was a gift of sorts, and it was improper and impolite to refuse a given thing. And yet, the warrior had no desire to diminish her body’s ability to move and sing, and so she decided, for the first time, to decline that offer. "I thank you for the offer," the soft melody replied with a slight dip of her maw. "But I must decline." It did not seem as if this particular female would be troubled by such a thing; the calmness about this female, however, was strangely unnatural. The black fae wondered if the smoke created such an effect, but she did not know for she stood at a distance where the wind would carry it from her.

"You seek to join a pack," the quiet song continued, "And our boarders are open." Only a few days prior the Adonis had accepted the young wolf Taika into the Dahlian ranks, but there was yet room for another within the flower lands. Cwmfen did not mind the solitude as this female, nameless still, did. Indeed, her solitude was now filled with her pups, and it was filled by Onus too. She desired his company often, and she desired him. But the solitude between their meetings was tolerable. Soon, when the pups would leave the den, the solitude too would be tolerable. But she understood that many did not desire the silence of a single soul, and a brief nod was given. "You will find much company here. What will you offer Dahlia in return for such a thing?"She spoke formally as if a ritual sacrifice must be made, and yet surely the act of joining was not so intense a process.

The black fae’s head tilted imperceptibly, allowing the silence to persist before allowing her voice to fill it. "Why is it unfavorable to be dead?"

[/html]
[html]

No you aren't. =3 700+ words.

######Nodding silently, Lolita slipped the piece and the lighter back into her bag out of respect for the woman. She was not unhappy that the blue marked female didn't want to share her smoke, not perturbed in the least, as she knew that many did not smoke this particular herb, or even any at all. That was definitely their own choice, and she had no right to even think that they should if they didn't want to. Everyone had to do what they wanted to in their life; it was their right. That was the marvelous thing about life, and death, in her case. Everyone was free to make their own decisions, once their personal demons were gone. Ultimately, she supposed the one she carried with her left when he killed her. Pello surely would never find her again. But, Lolita was very sad about losing Pippa. . . It was tragic. Since her death, Lolita realized, she had become quite a bit more insightful, and she liked that very much. "Az ilyen csodálatos dolog." The words were barely a whisper, even, meant for her own ears.

######Dahlia was the name of this place, then? It was a very interesting name, and she would have been pressed to find another name so elegent sounding. Lovely names mean something to her, of course; not the name itself, but the sound it created. The lovely things in life kept her going in death, even if it truly was annoying to be dead. The woman was very beautiful, she also made note of. She seemed cleaner than Lolita was herself, with her knotted long hair and vibrant colors she'd given herself. Though the blue was not natural, she assumed, it seemed less obvious than her own bright reds. Soon, she would look into more tattoos or dyes for herself. "That is good, then, for I have been very lonely for the past six months," she explained, recalling her earlier thoughts of how long she had been dead. The smoke she had taken in had not done enough to make her forget everything she had been thinking, as she had been interrupted very early on in her toking. It was unfortunate, but not unwelcome, and she could always light up again later on.

######To offer, she really had nothing. Perhaps that was something she should have considered before lounging on the borders as she had been before. An answer to that question would have been something she would have appreciated right then. For a moment, she considered what to say while she stood up to face the woman, a bit more formal than sitting on the ground with her legs crossed as such. She didn't think she really had many skills, except for being able to look out for herself quite well. After all, she had kept her dead body up and moving, hadn't she? "I suppose I can tell stories well, since I have much experience with the world. . . And I'm pretty good at hunting and protecting and all that jazz. . . The normal stuff that everyone surely tells you. There's nothing spectacular about me or what I can do," she admitted, hoping her honesty would be appreciated by the black and blue woman. It was all she could offer. "Oh! I also know a lot about plants and stuff," she said with a bit of excitement, having almost forgot about that. It was certainly true, and probably evident in the fact that she knew what to smoke to feel alive and what would be bad for you to even try to ingest.

######The question came as a surprise to her, and her eyes seemed to convey this without her needing to think of it. Lolita did not see any reason to have to explain it, because there were the obvious problems with the situation. . . And who wanted to be dead, anyway? Shaking her head slightly, she tried to think of a way to answer it in an acceptable way. Maybe this was just a test of some sort. Or maybe there were other dead folks here, too! Normally, everyone thought she was crazy, and she had never met another dead soul trapped in its body. "Well, it's just not right. First of all, aren't you supposed to rest when you're dead? Well, how come I'm not resting. . . My brother killed me six months ago, but I have to keep on going. It really is a hassle, trying to find somewhere to be when you feel so strange. . . Your body feels weird when you're dead." Hopefully, the Dahlian would not be like the others, and would not think she was insane. Really, she was not, but she was annoyed by being dead. She wanted somewhere to call a home of sorts, and that wouldn't happen if the Dahlian thought she was crazy or a potential threat.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]
[html]
300+

Silently, the warrior listened, her body motionless with effortless ease. She was patient in her listening, carefully feeling the tones and the colours upon the air. Indeed, a storyteller could be useful—perhaps she could be paired with Mew’s music, although, at the moment, Mew bore life in her womb. It was the lattermost thing, however, that caught the warrior’s attention. "You know of plants," the soft melody repeated, almost as a clarifying statement. Colibri, too, she had heard, was a woman of plants. But Colibri had not taken a healer’s position, and the warrior did not think that Haku’s daughter knew that particular use of plants. "What is the manner of your knowledge?" Dahlia most definitely was in need of a healer. Most acutely, the warrior wished for Mew to have aid in the processes birthing of which she was so terrified.

"The soul doesn’t die," the soft melody explained. "It is eternal. The body dies, and the mind can die too. But the soul will remember." The soul was one thing that, like time, could not be destroyed. The soul was, in essence, a part of time itself, an intangible entity without change, and yet it was constantly changing. It was something inexplicable through words, and so the warrior, who knew less of words than action, did not try to explain it. It was not something that required understanding, for it was not something that could be changed. Instead, it required only acknowledgment, and so the woad-marked fae presented to the flamboyant fae the idea to be acknowledged. But it seemed as if the girl believed herself to be dead; perhaps the mind had died, but the body was, most certainly alive, and so the mind must not be dead but dormant. The warrior wondered why the girl believed herself dead. "Death has a cold hand—like the cool breeze of autumn on a summer’s noon." There was a brief pause. "Perhaps you are simply lost." The Dahlian Adonis believed that the words explained such a thing, but she knew very little of this female’s life.

"How did he kill you?" The words were spoken quietly, and yet they rose with ease upon the air, gently and without need. Had the situation been different, the warrior would not have asked. Indeed, it was unbecoming to pry into the business of another. But this female sought passage and acceptance into the pack of Dahlia de Mai, and the warrior wished to understand who it was that stood before her so that she may act accordingly.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I went home this weekend, and had no computer time, while I thought I'd have a little bit. :< 500+ words.

######Nodding, Lolita considered what she knew of plants. There wasn't too much that she knew, in truth, but she knew a fair amount, and she suspected she could learn more. She had all of eternity to learn about the plants and how they could be used and misused, and perhaps someday she could know others to spread her knowledge to. "I know what plants are good for you and what plants are dangerous, and I know what plants can make you feel better," she offered. Though the explanation was fairly vague, it was more than truthful. She didn't know exactly the names of plants, but by appearance and smell, and living on her own in death had given her time to explore the idea of using plants for her own purposes. The plant she smoked, for example, made her feel alive. Grass could easily make one vomit profusely, if consumed in large quantities, but that wasn't allows a bad thing. Sometimes, you ingested something that didn't agree with your stomach and you actually needed to rid your system of it quickly. In such a case, eating grass was helpful.

######"Naw, I'm not lost, I'm just dead," she dismissed, her tone nonchalant. Lolita had accepted her death long ago, and that was all that was important. It truly didn't matter if no one believed that she was dead, since she knew it to be a fact. "He caught me with a lover, and because he always hated me, he blamed me for what we were doing, and attacked me. I've got the scars, mostly on the inside of my leg, but a small one on the back of my head, too, underneath my hair." She cleverly left out mention of who her lover was, though she desperately missed her sister. Admitting such a thing would surely not please the Dahlian woman, and it was almost like her own dirty secret that she kept to herself for her own use. No one needed to know that she was in love with her sister, but that she was separated by a barrier of life and death. The lovers she had taken since being killed could not compare to Pippa, male or female, but she kept searching in hopes of easing over the loss of her sister.

######In the time they had spent talking, Lolita knew that some progress had been made. If all went well, she would be accepted into this pack and she would be able to rest for a bit of time. She was always tired, always aching. It was probably just another component of death, so she couldn't say it wasn't expected. A realization dawned on her then, vividly dark green eyes widening a bit with the surprise of how little manners she had. "I'm sorry! I forgot to say it before, but I'm Lolita Monroe. I guess being dead makes you forget important stuff like that," she joked, her adolescent nature coinciding with her want for a home. The Dahlian woman had no real reason to accept her, but the young girl, only seventeen months old (less than a year, in her own mind), could not fight the hopes that had risen.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]
[html]
No worries! Sorry about the crap though ><
300+

"Do you know the art of an Apothecary? Or is it another kind of practice?" The warrior was always in search of a healer. She knew also that her children would follow the path of war, and she wished for them to be safe. Her life was already long-lived for one of her path, she supposed, and she wanted for her children to surpass her.

"Not all are accepting of the ways of others," the melody responded, an imperceptible nod of understanding given to the other. The warrior knew very well of such things, for her own culture did not coincide with the laws of these lands, nor, even, of some beliefs of her lover. At times she felt guilt—and unfamiliar feeling—that she brought such things to her lover. "Such a wound will be deep and eternal.... but it will heal if you allow it to." The scar would remain forever. Cwmfen could understand such a thing now.

"Lolita Monroe," the soft melody sang, her woad-bound maw dipping in that respectful greeting. "I am Cwmfen nic Graine, Adonis and Warrior of Dahlia de Mai." Formality was a thing that came naturally, that always seemed to sing within her voice and within her ever erected posture. She walked as a queen might, with elegent poise. And yet, for her modesty, her elegance was diminished. And she was no queen but a simple warrior, her life purposed to end in violent ways. A soft smile flickered across the tranquil maw, the white orbs beholding the optime shape of the other. "You may be dead, and this wound may never heal," the alto song continued, "but it may diminish with time." There was a brief pause as if she considered the other. " Dahlia can provide for you a home and a solace," the Adonis offered, knowing it to be true. When she had first come to these unfamiliar lands, she had sought only protection from one now dead (although he lingered still within her life—a ‘demon’ as Ezekiel had called him). But she had found much more than she believed that she could, and the boarders, still opened, were beneath her care so that she may offer that same place of solace to another.

[/html]
[html]

It's not crap, silly! 300+ words.

######She assumed that an Apothecary was something like a healer, in which case, it was something she was comfortable agreeing with. Her skills were not overly abundant, but she was confident that she could figure it out fairly quickly. How hard could it possibly be, anyway? Surely it wouldn't be all that hard to acclimate herself with the plants in the area and start growing her own. In her bag, she had some seeds, as well as some plants that may well still be alive. Her garden wold bloom, and anyone who sought comfort in it would be welcome. "I suppose that's an accurate description. . . I can learn more as I go along, but it's something that interests me." If she could prevent anyone from suffering the death she now dealt with, then she would do so willingly, no matter how much she might want someone to have something in common with. Lolita, though she wanted company, was not selfish enough to wish this fate on anyone else in the world, except for Pippa, perhaps, so they could stay together.

######Lolita did not necessarily agree with what Cmwfen said, but thus far, the strangely marked female was the most understanding individual she had met thus far regarding her condition. There was no way she could ever heal from this - she was dead, for heaven's sake - but she was glad that the Dahlian did not seem to think badly of her for this situation. The fact that she had not immediately turned her away when she had mentioned how annoying it was to be dead meant a great deal to her, and she already respected Cmwfen immensely. Hopefully, her little knowledge of plants, her youth, and her respect for the woman would all help her in gaining acceptance. "Does this mean I can join?" she asked hopefully, trying to keep her building excitement from flowing into her flat expression. There was no reason to get excited yet, since she had not been officially accepted into the pack, but she could certainly hope.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]
[html]
I went ahead and had you titled yesterday; I figured that we could end here if you didn’t mind? (Sorry about the suddenness.... OnO) If you could PM me, I'll Lock and Archive it, ^=^
300+

"Dahlia is in need of a healer," the alto voice explained with a faint smile. "If you could provide such services, we would be grateful." And she was sure that she spoke upon the behalf of all members. Even for wolves that were not regularly attacked, a healer would be a great asset. And it was not only the physical that healers dealt with. Mew seemed to suffer from wounds that could not be seen. Perhaps this girl, regardless of her age, would know how to accommodate such wounds, for surely the Adonis did not.

"If you give your loyalty to our pack, then I will permit you beyond the borders." The black she-wolf stepped to the side as if to allow the red and white fae passage. "Your rank will be that of Gazon, although, should you show your contributions to the pack you may be promoted. Although not necessary, co-ranks are not given until you have obtained the rank of Mai; you have until then to learn and decide." There was a brief pause as the tranquil melody faded from the air, that soft, almost distant smile still upon her lips. Her words were not given in a threatening fashion but in a way that would simply do as they were meant to do: inform. And yet, the warrior, as all warriors, would always deliver words and actions with that underlying threat, and, as Adonis, the warrior would uphold her duty. Should Lolita Monroe betray the loyalty required of the pack or show disrespect to members, consequences would be witnessed. But it was as all things were. She did not doubt that Lolita Monroe understood this. "Welcome to Dahlia," the soft song greeted with a slight dip of the woad bound maw. And then she was gone, disappearing into the darkness of the woods.

[/html]