be careful what you wish for
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 300+
Dated September 29, placed right around AniWaya so that Hanna can be coming home? C: And take as much time as you need, I'm certainly in no hurry.

The colors of sunset were emblazoned in the sky, the cooling autumn air dipping to a lower temperature, threatening of frost in the morning. Fallen leaves crunched beneath the tall canine's footpaws - how could it be fall already? The caressing warmth of the summer sun had been his constant companion, and now, winter was looming on the horizon, grey and cold and merciless.

The mad king did not like cold weather, and it was this unpleasant observation of the changing seasons that had spurred his wanderlust. His horse race and his card games had been pleasant distractions, but they were gone already, and the past was behind him. The only thing in his future now was snow, and he did not like it.

Jacquez Trouillefou stood gazing at his reflection in the crisp water of the Grandfather's Tears spring, unaware of the morbid legend surrounding the area, oblivious that he could be considered a trespasser by the AniWayans. Not that the quirky tribespeople would put up much of a fuss, considering his open invitation for them to visit his land. He was untouchable as usual.

The one-armed man sniffed the air, the rich scents of the forest enveloping him. He did not spend much time in this sort of environment - having done his time as a sailor, he liked open spaces and the reassuring rhythm of the ocean. The salty scent still clung to his russet fur, since his kingdom had so much of its territory along the shoreline. Forests were dim and claustrophobic for the most part. But a change of scenery was what he was looking for, and if it had to come inland, so be it.

The Luperci squatted on his haunches, brushing the springwater's surface with his claw to watch the ripples spread through his reflection. The water was so naturally chilly, he withdrew his hand, grimacing at it. "Must everything around here be cold?" he grumbled, plumed tail slowly lashing amidst the dried leaves of the forest floor.

[/html]
[html]

*Dies of posting overload* But it's all good, because no matter how worn out I feel, Miyu-threads inspire me. Smile))
Word Count: 380. Worth 2 points.

Hanna was on her way home from her Spirit Journey. She had met Cian at the edge of Rabbit Lake; the blue-eyed tiger padded nearby, she knew, but he had elected to show off his disappearing skills. After encountering Maldrid at the perimeter of Crimson Dreams, Hanna's feet had taken her south to the coast. She had waded through the frigid waters of the ocean until they were past the majority of the claimed lands. She had then veered to the northwest and entered AniWaya.

Hanna was not sure what possessed her to enter Grandfather's Tears. Unlike Jacquez, Hanna had been warned of the legend surrounding the weird blue springs. She only half believed them; they were too odd to to be believed at least a little, but the likelihood of things randomly turning up dead seemed too good to be true. Perhaps that was the driving point for her little side trek. Maybe she caught some whiff of the collie king's route in. Whatever the catalyst was, Hanna treaded very carefully as she neared the quartet of pools. All was quiet in the dense forest, but for the crunching of the dried autumn leaves and the occasional plop-thud as a well-placed kick knocked a walnut into a tree trunk.

The further Hanna walked, the darker it got courtesy of both the dying rays of the sun and the thick trees that obscured most of the golden orb's light. Her movements became instinctively furtive as she blended easier and easier with her surroundings, but she hurried as well, eager to be away from the cursed place. It was not long before she reached the four pools.

A lone figure was crouched beside one of the pools, his claws dripping water. He asked a question of the wind, studying the water, and Hanna answered him from beside a tree, neither hiding herself nor making a show of herself. "Of course. It's autumn, after all, and Canada. Cold is natural here." At this she approached the man, being sure to crunch the leaves a few times as she did. "You're Jacquez, right? The king of Cour des Miracles." Even if she had not been introduced, there was no mistaking the one-armed leader that had invited them for a race the month before.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 300+
Aww, it's so awesome to see so many posts from you! -stalking-

A fall wind stirred the dead leaves, chasing some of them scudding up into the air before dropping them onto the pristine surface of the pools. The wind chased a shudder down the one-armed man's back, goosebumps raising the fur on the nape of his neck. It was too cold already. How much more frigid would it be when the land was enveloped in white? Someone spoke, unexpectedly, and he cocked his ears, curious to the welcome distraction.

Jacquez raised an eyebrow at the feminine voice, straightening to his full height before turning around. It was the dark-furred tribeswoman from the race, he was sure of it. The one who he'd winked at. She carried herself with a confident grace, and up close he noticed the three parallel scars across her muzzle, marks of a story. There was something captivating about the intensity of her gaze - it took the mad king a moment to finally notice that her irises did not match, that she had heterochromia. The black fur of her face made the pastel jade and blue stand out - it was a subtle combination that he took a liking to.

She had addressed him politely enough, he should really stop checking her out and come up with a decent response. "C'est moi, le roi," he rhymed, flashing what he thought to be a charming grin. "And we were not formally introduced, were we? Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting on this fine evening?" He strode fluidly, closing the distance between them so that he could catch her hand with his own, delicately brushing her soft-furred knuckles. Better to spend the cold night with a warm female than all by his lonesome. "'Canada', you say. Someone should really do something about that," he quipped, although not entirely joking. There was no reason it had to be cold here, right? It had been comfortably warm during the summer, when he'd "landed" his ship on the rocks. It could have stayed at that balmy degree.

[/html]
[html]

*fails at getting replies done today*
Word Count: 410. Worth 2 points.

Hanna was unfamiliar in the ways of romance, and so was perhaps more charmed than other, more experienced females might have been with Jacquez' display. His use of French, however slight, piqued her intellectual side, and the soft touch of his lips against her hand momentarily stunned her, making her lips part ever so slightly. This was the most attention any man had ever paid her, the most interest any had seemed to have, and the novelty of it was a heady thing. She felt chilled by the cool breeze and warmed by his presence all at once as she answered him quietly, "My name is Hanna. Pleased to meet you."

She seemed to snap out of her daze at his wry comment about Canada, though she neither backed away nor snatched her hand from his grasp, but smiled and tentatively raised her other hand to play through the fur on his shoulder. It was much the same texture as hers, rougher guard hairs masking downy soft insulating fur beneath. "Ah, but at least your fur will keep you warm, at least when under cover. And if you need an extra blanket, you need but ask; I can make you one." Her voice was slightly amused, and her mind could not but wonder what 'under cover' was for Jacquez. A cabin like hers? A hole in the ground? Perhaps Jacquez slept in the barn?

At this, Hanna traced a line from shoulder to elbow with one finger, glancing down for a moment and then up at Jacquez' face from under her lashes. The femme hardly realized she was doing so; flirting was something she'd not done much of, and something she knew next to nothing about. Her vision focused on the King as her salmon tongue darted out to moisten her lips. His fur was so many brilliant hues that seemed to echo the pigments of autumn itself. Rusty reds, burnished golds, and browns that were perhaps most beautiful because of the neutrality of the colors that were mixing with the warm hues. His arm was lean and muscular under all the shaggy fur, which made sense considering Jacquez' previous life as a sailor, but like hers to him, the feature which drew Hanna's attention back again and again was his eyes. Deep brown, almost ebony in color, Hanna would almost have sworn she could fall into the dark pools.

And maybe she could, at that. She leaned forward subconsciously...

[/html]
[html]
WC: 461
:>

Her hand was warm, her fingers small and delicate in his gentle grip. He had expected her to flinch or shy away, since by his standards she appeared proper and dutiful to her tribe - not at all his usual type, or at least the type to be drawn to his shameless flattery and lasciviousness. But then again, he was never picky when it came to women, as long as they were into him... and when the dark-furred lady instead raised her other hand to play with his fur, keeping the warmth between their bodies, he knew she was at least interested.

"Enchantée, mademoiselle Hanna," he crooned, holding her mismatched gaze with his intense black eyes. This was fun. While he was very much the novelty here, with his foreign accent and colorful dog's pelt, from his viewpoint wolves were the exotic and unique ones. He had yet to really court any of them in the time he spent here - he flirted with his packmates Firefly and Svara, sure, but they were too proud to let him touch them. And the two Lykois he enjoyed the company of were clearly coyote mixes, so - if Hanna accepted his advances, she would be the first wolf to rendez-vous with him.

A thought occurred to him as she glanced at him shyly through the veil of her lashes - was he to be her first, as well? She was his age or older, but she did not act like a woman experienced in the ways of men. There was no manipulation, no motives behind her innocence. If he knew the meaning of guilt, he might question his motives, but alas, the deluded monarch had no such shame. Hanna should at least know what she was getting into, a harmless night of fun on the borders of her own packland... He would make it worth her while. He was royalty, after all.

"You would make me a blanket? That is sweet, chère fille, très douce... But you know, it will not keep me as warm as you could by yourself..." Jacquez felt her leaning closer, irresistibly drawn to his magnetic charm. He released her hand, letting it slip to fall against his lean chest as his white-furred fingers brushed the graceful lines of her throat. Her breath was warm against his cheek, a welcome sensation in the chill air creeping in around them. They were close, so close! but still he held back for one moment more, his lone hand lightly touching her cheekbone. "Do you want this, Hanna?" he asked her, his whisper soft and husky. If she backed down now, he would simply leave, never to return. And if she said yes... there would be no further questions.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the horrible wait. Spore likes to make me not post.
Word Count: 512. Worth 5 points.

Hanna's hand drifted to settle on Jacquez' chest, smoothing the fur there and tracing gently over his pectoral muscle. Her fingers then made their way down to his ribs, her eyes following the path of the raven digits until his own brushed her jawbone. Her breath caught in her throat and the icy and jade eyes grew wide as he stroked her neck. Hanna's slender muzzle rose, exposing the tender flesh of her throat. She could feel the shorter fur rubbing against Jacquez' the wrong way; when his hand moved to her cheek the woman could not help but nuzzle against it, pressing her jaw into his warm palm. It was dangerous, she could feel the rush of it in her blood, her pulse pounding in her ears.

She was somehow intoxicated by his actions, by his nearness, and perhaps by the differences and the sameness of him. She was monochrome, he multicolor, their species slightly different, yet both had the same essential shape about them. Her chest began to rise and fall a little quicker and her right hand rose from his torso to his cheek as his had been on hers, lingering a moment before moving on to explore the rest of his face, her knuckles gently brushing over his features and exploring his face. Her attention was rapt on his face, and at length, her eyes still wide open with adrenaline, she answered his question, her voice hushed but seeming stentorian, and a little rough. "Yes... I want this."

As intent on his features as she was, her mind could not help but wander to more serious matters, to the reactions others might have. Would she be in trouble? Her mind dismissed that one; it was not as though she would be the first to have a relationship outside of the members of the pack. But what if she ended up with child? Would he care for her and the unborn litter? Tayui's children apparently had no present father and Dawali accepted them just fine, but would she, would her case, be different? She forced the thoughts away. Hanna had never been with a man. Jacquez seemed more than willing and was probably far more experienced than she; what was to stop the medic from having one night of fun for herself? Why should she not live it up while she still could?

Slowly Hanna drew her hands down his cheeks to his shoulders. In case any doubt had flickered across her face, the woman wanted to make sure he knew she meant her words. Her voice suddenly husky, she whispered, "Show me how to keep you warm, my Roi," her intelligent brain linking 'roi' to 'royalty' relatively easily, hoping to impress him. Her eyes locked on his face, her face upturned to his. She smiled, the action reaching even her eyes. She was really liking the way this night was going, it was new and exhilarating. And for that, she would make him a blanket anyway. He would probably like it, even if he did not need it.

[/html]
[html]
Longest... wait... ever! // WC: 347

Hanna nuzzled her soft cheek against the pads of his palm, her pulse fluttering at his fingertips. Jacquez felt a stirring of his own as she whispered, her voice husky with anticipation. This was nature at its best, two fine beasts drawn together in the wilderness by each other's exotic appeal. He could see her breath freeze as it left her lips, the white mist dissipating before her shining gaze. His attention was securely rooted now, to this tribeswoman who came to the right place at the right time...

His hard-muscled arm snaked around her waist, pulling her dark body against his abdomen. "To warm me, you'll have to touch me," he crooned against her ear, brushing his fangs lightly against the sensitive area. He knew how to dance this waltz, although he hadn't taken the lead for some time. His hand began to stray lower, feeling the curve of her lower back beneath her plush black fur. She seemed lean and agile, her form spreading warmth by proximity.

Her hands were resting lightly on his shoulders - would she know to keep them moving, to hold on for dear life, or claw him when the passion arose in her? The mongrel dog tilted his head, nudging her slim arm to encourage her to explore. She could do no wrong, really, unless she changed her mind about wanting his company. And why would she do that? She should be thanking him, really, how many women were lucky enough to land a man of this quality on the first try?

The shadows had already lengthened as the autumn sun vanished below the horizon, shedding trees cast in silhouette. The pools of icewater became like black glass, mirroring the peaceful night sky. "Au claire de la lune, Hanna, you are like a fragment of the velvet sky yourself," he murmured throatily, the shadows casting his deep eyes fathomless. The falling darkness muted the rich palette of colors, making him fade in comparison to this nighttime beauty. She had chosen a good time of day to be in her element.

Table by Sara-joe!
[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: I nearly rivaled it though.
Word count: 309. Worth 2 points

The dark woman found herself pressed to the King’s body and pressed herself closer still, her tongue wetting her lips once again before it grazed the edge of Jacquez’ ear. Her slim but muscled arms stroked down his chest yet again, this time her claws extended to prickle against his warm flesh. Unsure of herself, she kissed him, planting her lips against his and hoping to Luna he would guide her further before she made a fool of herself. Her fingers, claws extended still, persisted further down his body, the sharp points disappearing before moving back to his back, tracing the muscles there. She found the base of his tail, the firmness of his rear end, and realized now she was here, she had no clue what to do.

“Show me,” was her quiet, insistent demand, the mist billowing further from her throaty exhalations. “Show me how to touch you, Jacquez. I am afraid I have no idea what it is I need to do.” Her lips gently brushed his jaw, once, twice, three times and she tried to simply immerse herself in the moment instead of putting deep thought into what she was doing.

Sighing heavily, though more to get her breath than due to any boredom, for how could she be bored with such engaging company spending time with her, Hanna dipped her head, going on instinct, and nipped gently at his collarbone, licked his sternum, trailed kisses and nips as far as she could comfortably bend, her hands firm at his hips to keep her balance. She was aware of the heat resonating from his body, especially from the area just inches from the tip of her nose. This was the area she next focused on, but she did not touch, not yet. She did not know just what kind of touch that place would require.

Speak, think, act

[/html]