Mother knows best
[html]
ooc: For Xeris!

The woman stretched her entire body out, yawning. She was able to shift now but had chosen not to for a little while, feeling that she was better able to feed the pups when she was in her lupus form. She wasn't inside a den, which was the norm, she was inside of the cabin that Geneva had shown her. She'd taken the mattress off of the bed and laid it on the floor so that the pups wouldn't roll off of it.

There were four total, three girls and a boy; Caprica, Lucia, Rio, and Harlowe. The last, Harlowe, didn't move around quite as much as the other ones...he slept or ate almost all of the time, something that she found odd. But he was gaining weight just as quickly as his siblings were, so she wasn't worrying about his health.

The white wolf stood up despite the protesting squeaks of the pups, heading over to the window. It was now rigged so that she could open it up without a problem. Naniko pushed it open, breathing in some of the nice, fresh air.

[/html]
[html]

whee, puppies~ also, xer's in optime here

Today was, in Xeris' mind, the perfect day to go for a walk. Then again, most days were "perfect days to go for a walk." It had become a habit of hers, to rise early and spend the morning wandering--she supposed one could call it patrolling, but she never really did too much in the way of being on patrol. And of course, she was still ever-wary of the coyotes and always trying to stay within the borders.

She had begun to think as of late that a cabin to sleep in would be nice. The white woman was at the proper rank and had been for a while, and it was getting a bit tedious to find a comfortable nook or cranny beneath a tree or in an unused den. There were cabins all over the place, that much Xeris was aware of, but where precisely they were and which were already owned by one of her packmates, she did not know. It was just as she was thinking about this very subject that her golden eyes happened upon one of said cabins within her line of sight. She decided to maybe at least take a look inside, to see what the interior was like.

As she padded closer to the wooden structure, Xeris' ears pricked forward at the sound of a curious noise. A small, high-pitched, almost squealing noise. Xeris hadn't heard or seen newborn pups since she arrived in Phoenix Valley, but that was certainly what this sound resembled. Approaching the cabin's window, she peered inside slowly, and was surprised when she was met with the face of another white-furred woman. "Oh!" she said. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were in here." Her eyes wandered behind the woman and spotted four tiny pups; she couldn't help smiling at them. "Are those pups yours?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

She hadn't met many pack members since joining...only Geneva, Jefferson, and Kvaesir. She had already known Geneva before, from back when the female had been a part of her own pack. Naniko was no longer a leader of anything and had no desire to lead again for a good long while, if ever again. She had not felt comfortable going back to the pack that she had been kicked out of, and did not feel that she would be able to take care of her pups as well over there. She would be too worried about Savina and Anu and about what her older children thought...here it was easier, away from everything.

The only down side was that Ehno was not with her. She did wish for him to stay, of course, but she wouldn't press him on it. They were good friends and would stay good friends no matter what happened. She would be here for the pups even if he couldn't be. But she would not bring them into Crimson Dreams for any reason, unless she was certain that she wouldn't be intercepted by someone other than the wolf she was going to go see.

A face popped up in front of hers and she gasped in surprise, but a smile almost immediately replaced that expression. "Why hello there! That's ok! You're from Phoenix Valley too, right? I'm Naniko...I haven't gotten out too much lately because of these guys. Gets pretty boring in here. Do you want to come in?" She went for the door, pulling it open with one paw. "Yes! They sure are. They're not too old yet...only a couple of days."
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Xeris was pleasantly surprised by the other's friendly attitude; she had feared that there would be an irritated response to the white female barging in on the newcomer's privacy. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Naniko," the golden-eyed wolfess replied warmly, "I'm Xeris." Naniko invited Xeris inside the house, and she nodded politely in response. "Ah, thank you, yes, I'd love to come inside."

She walked quietly into the cabin, her eyes focused on the tiny, wriggling puppies lying on the mattress. "They're beautiful," she said with a smile. Curious, she knelt beside the mattress to get a closer look at the small beings. One day Xeris might have her own pups--they would be just as small and adorable. It was an intriguing thought. She had just recently spoken to Pendzez about the matter, and she still wondered about what it would be like to have children.

"So, what brought you to Phoenix Valley?" Xeris asked, turning back to the other white female. "I haven't seen you around before, are you new here?" Xeris' curious nature would never fail to get the best of her when it came to meeting her new packmates.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: I love Xeris ^^ She's so nice. and owww I just burned my hand on a plate from the microwave and it hurts to type D:

She had been cooped up inside the house and hadn't been able to get out and meet all of her wonderful new packmates. Naniko felt sure that this would be a good pack--why else would her good friend Geneva be over here helping to lead it if she didn't believe in it? She had faith in the gray wolf, faith that Geneva knew what was best for herself and that Geneva would know what was best for Naniko whenever Naniko went astray. That was what friends were for, in her opinion. Non-jugemental...always supportive. She would follow Geneva just as the wolf had once followed her.

"Thank you! I was surprised that there weren't any white pups in this litter...my last two litters had at least one white pup, like me. This one is a bit different. MOre browns and darker colors, like their father." She grinned. Naniko didn't want a mini-me, but she did think it would be interesting to someday birth a pup who looked like her. Brooklyn came close, but she had the clear blue eyes of Naniko's mother Kaelyn, and not the jade of the Valley wolf's.

"I had a problem in my last pack, and was exiled." She answered quickly and honestly before she could choose to make up any kind of a lie. "Then I became pregnant, and needed a place to live. I chanced upon Geneva and she offered me a place here, in Phoenix Valley. I was the leader and a founder of Crimson Dreams." There was no sadness in the woman's voice, her tone flat as she explained. She wasn't sad about this. Moving to the Valley had been one of the smartest choices that she had ever made.
[/html]
[html]

hee, thanks. and owww your poor hand D:

The tiny beings before her eyes were fascinating. They were little more than tiny balls of fur, or so it seemed; and yet, one day they would be grown to adult size. Though they were not even her own pups, Xeris felt a strong attraction to these children. Maybe it was because their mother was so similar in appearance to Xeris herself. The white wolfess looked down at the pups for a few moments until Naniko replied.

The jade-eyed mother wolfess revealed that this was not her first litter. Xeris wondered if Naniko had a mate somewhere. She hadn't heard of anyone in Phoenix Valley who was to become a father, so she assumed that their father lived elsewhere. Xeris smiled at the thought of little white pups, pups like she herself might someday have. Naniko continued, telling briefly of her past in Crimson Dreams. "You were a pack founder? Wow, that's pretty cool." The quick answer that came from the other made Xeris think that Naniko didn't want to divulge the rest of her past, so the golden-eyed woman refrained from asking about it.

And then a question came to her mind, at first in the very corner of her thoughts and gradually more and more dominant. "What's it like?" Xeris asked, rather hesitantly. "To be a mother. To have pups." Xeris had been wondering about her future family with Pendzez; what better way to find out about motherhood than to ask an experienced mother?

[/html]