blow by blow, i didn't see it coming
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/n ... ottoms.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:350px; border:1px #bdee23 solid; font-size:11px; font-family:tahoma; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">
I put her near Oberon's Spring, I hope that's okay! ~400 words.
---

Tired of her long, mostly-self-imposed isolation, Eliza ventured out of her newfound home and decided to wander in search of some company. If, indeed, I am still fit company, she thought over-dramatically. The longer she was alone, the harder it became to go out and actually find her packmates. She was in danger of becoming a full-fledged hermit at this point, as far as she could tell. She wondered what they thought of her, the others in Dahlia de Mai, then shook her head briskly and tried to forget she had wondered at all. Only depressing thoughts lay that way.

Comfortable in her lupus form, she swiftly made her way due East from her den toward the distant sound of rushing water. Despite her plentiful supply of empty days the past few months, she had never taken the time to explore the packlands very thoroughly, mostly held at bay by her immature, superstitious fear of the odd-smelling water that had plagued her trek Northward, which she had thus far been to cowardly to confront or name. The Spring to the East of Berwick, however, held water fresh and pure, though it was much closer to the corrupted water than she generally felt comfortable being. She hated how cowed she was by her fear, but she had rarely been forced into contact with anything so alien as this in her short life, and she found she was not as courageous as she would have previously liked to believe.

As the pale female approached the gently flowing waters, she paused, considering. Deciding she was thirsty enough, she dipped her head to drink. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a good-sized fish, and, after a second of deliberation, quickly turned and pounced, childishly leaping into the shallows of the spring in pursuit of the slippery thing. It was a joyful thing, catching fish -- she wasn't skilled at it, and the fish evaded her attack easily, but there was something so fun in trying to catch prey that was so slick and fast. She was an effective hunter on land, but didn't normally take much pleasure in the chase, unless she happened upon an animal that was particularly wily. Fish, though, were always a challenge. Splashing about in the shallow water like a pup was embarrassing, vaguely, but if no one was around then there was little harm in it.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tloops.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #5B476D solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

Sorry for the wait. . . Do you mind if we date this to the 8th? And sorry this post is TERRIBLE, but I'm way behind and didn't want you to have to wait forever. .____. 300+ words.

#####Back within the pack lands, Lolita was doing just fine and dandy today, despite her outburst and obvious anger and pain the day before. Her gait was practically a chipper skip, though she would not go as far as to move in such a jolting manner. In her left hand was a lighter, and in her right hand was a packed bowl. It was simply marvelous, indeed, and she had already made use of it on the walk. Once she found a comfortable place to sit and relax, she would finish off the lovely. Her normal hideaway beneath the trees of the forest was not a suitable place, she had decided, and instead, she was seeking the strange comfort of water. It was not something she normally sought, having never felt any particular attraction to the element, but occassionally it was nice to sit by the (hopefully) calm waters and smoke her amazing smoke.

#####As she ambled along, Lolita considered the possibility of beginning her own garden very soon, as she very much enjoyed growing her own marijuana and smoking that, rather than what she took from her stash. The high was almost always better, without much chances of failure. It was also much more comforting to know that she had grown her own lovely, rather than finding it elsewhere. That way, she knew just how much love and work went into growing the plant. A sound broke her thoughts midstep, cream ears perking up curiously. Walking more quickly now, she stopped abruptly at the sight of the white wolf in the water. "What are you doing?" she questioned, listless green eyes wide with some unknown emotion. It was possibly a mix of alarm and amusement, which would have been an accurate description of how she was already feeling towards the flailing wolf in the clear and fresh-smelling spring.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/n ... ottoms.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:350px; border:1px #bdee23 solid; font-size:11px; font-family:tahoma; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">
SO TALK ABOUT WAITS. I'm really sorry. >.< Things got totally mad over here with school and stuff. Shows me to take 20 units, sigh. Dating to the 8th is completely fine. I've also heard you're sick (DSmile, so don't worry about replying any time soon. ^^ ~350 words.
---

She had almost caught the damned slippery thing when she heard a voice behind her. Eliza froze, mid-snap. How had she completely missed another wolf's approach? Beyond her embarrassment at being caught acting so immaturely was her embarrassment at getting so caught up in play that she lost sense of her surroundings. That wasn't a good idea, and it wasn't like her to forget herself so completely. Her fur was drenched, dripping and considerably flattened. Eliza didn't go in the water often, even in shallows, but she always had the feeling she looked rather foolish soaking wet -- she was rather fluffy normally, and she figured looked rather like a drowned rat after jumping through the spring.

In her discomfort, she vaguely registered that the other wolf had asked her a question. She turned, finally, to face her packmate. The other's coat was white like her own, but oddly marked. Strange. Eliza hadn't seen very many examples of fur modification where she came from, and the idea of it was still very odd. "I was just--" Eliza began, and then stopped. She had been about to finish "catching fish," but in all honesty that was clearly not the case. Unfortunately, no catching had been taking place, much to her chagrin. It was embarrassing enough to be caught acting like this, but to be caught blatantly failing at her puppyish pursuit... it turned out that she could feel awkward in wholly new, awesome ways. Suddenly feeling somewhat chilled, she shook herself briskly, trying to try out a bit, and headed closer to the other female on dry land. "I was just trying for some fish," she finished, lamely.

On getting closer to the strangely-marked wolf, Eliza noticed that she looked rather... out of it. She wondered if perhaps the female wasn't feeling well, but then tried to dismiss the thought as none of her business. She was holding some rather peculiar looking objects which, to her nose, smelled quite unlike anything she had come across before. She was curious, but then the other wolf's possessions were none of her business, either.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tloops.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #5B476D solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

I'm always sick. xD; So it's not too big of a deal, although my current ouchie is worse. :< 300+ words.

#####Though she did have a fairly light colored coat, the one emerging from the water was still lighter than she, even wet as she was. Lolita had always wished her fur to be a lovely white color intstead of the cream color that it had always been, but she could not really complain. It was harder to dirty her creamy fur than she expected it to be for a white coat, and she had her ever lovely and shocking red hair and tattoo to accent the lovely colors of her natural state. The maintanence required to keep the color bright and shocking was annoying, and it would be so much easier if her coloring was simply natural that way, but it was something she did without much complaint. After all, her drastic and flamboyant appearance drew attention to her, and she rather liked turning heads. Even if the attention was not always positive, she loved getting it anyway. There was something completely exhilerating about having all eyes on you wherever you went.

#####Fishing was something she had never attempted, and the idea was not completely appealling. Fish had been a rarity when it came to nourishment in the pack she had been born in, so she still preferred eating the land-dwelling prey that she could easily catch. "Oh. I see," was all she said in response, still finding the actions of the other bizarre, but her attention was now elsewhere. It was not uncommon for her paraphanelia to draw attention as well, and though it was only for a fleeting moment that she thought the female had been looking, Lolita was now curious about whether or not the lighter one was interested in it, or if she even knew what it was. "Did you want some?" The indulger's etiquette, as she liked to refer to it, meant that she was morally obligated to offer her smoke or drink to anyone she thought was interested or thought might make for a good partner. It was only polite.

[/html]
[html]
I'm sorry to hear about owwie. >.< I hope you feel better! ~290 words.
---

From up close, the other wolf's coloring was really quite shocking. Eliza had very little conception of how such things were done, and couldn't help wondering just how she had gotten such a vibrant red out of the base of light-colored fur. The difference in their heights was also more pronounced, and after a moment of awkward indecision, Eliza shifted into her Optime form so she could look the other female in the eye. She hoped it wasn't bad manners -- it seemed appropriate to try and match her form to the other's.

The other wolf's bemused reaction to Eliza's behavior made her feel even more embarrassed, but she tried to shake it off. She was out of the water now, and her actions were in the past now. Nothing to be done, and she didn't have to justify herself. Doing so would just make her seem weak or wishy-washy. She was surprised when she was then offered... something, though she still couldn't say she knew exactly what it was the marked female was offering. She supposed her interest in what the female had been carrying had not been as subtle as she had hoped. That wasn't terribly good, staring was pretty inconsiderate. It was very polite of her to offer Eliza some, she thought, even despite her rudeness. She hadn't had a clue until now that whatever it was was even shareable, but it was still kind of her to offer some to a stranger. "Oh, that's very kind," she began. "I-- well, what is it?" she asked, somewhat nervously, vaguely ashamed of her ignorance.

Eliza realized she had no idea what the other female's name was. Feeling rude, she hurried to introduce herself. "I'm Eliza, by the way. Pleased to meet you."

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####It was polite of her to shift so that they were on a more even level, considering Lolita could no longer shift out of this form. Though this form was more useful to her, since it allowed her the use of hands instead of only paws, she did sometimes miss having the ability to run on four legs. It was such a shame for a canine to lose the ability to run and frolic as they were meant to do, but she supposed that went along well with how tragic it was for someone to die, and yet, they were forced to stay on the Earth in their physical body. Waiting patiently, the flamboyant woman averted her eyes, just because of the possibility of the white woman being one of those that preferred privacy when shifting. Though Lolita found t to be a perfectly natural (if not relatively new advancement in the lives of canines) instance, she knew that some found it unnerving to do in front of others. Frankly, she didn't know why, but whatever.

#####"Lolita Monroe," she said, delicate voice still holding a tinge of her amusement at the other female. "And this is something you smoke, an herb. It makes you feel good, but I have to do it. It's nice, if you want to try," she explained, glancing down at the bowl in her hand and the lighter in the other. The explanation was not a very good one, but it illustrated the positive light of the herb. For a moment, she considered whether or not she should show Eliza, but decided that it would ultimately be better if she showed her now, rather than handing it off to the woman's own devices. "Here, I'll show you how to do it, and then if you want to try it out, then you can do it and know how." Lifting the bowl to her lips, she deftly lit and inhaled deeply, holding it in as she pulled it away from her mouth and held it, along with the lighter, out for the female. "And then you just exhale after a little while," she said, exhaling as the words spilled forth to demonstrate her meaning.

[/html]