left hook, you've got dead aim
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
yay, thread! 320 words. she's at her den, which is on the coast at the very tip of Nevaeh Ravine~ if it's okay, this could be backdated to like 10/2?

Colibri had proven to know nothing about where Princess had gone. Tokyo absolutely refused to believe that her daughter had just left. Yes, they had fought during their last conversation before she disappeared, but Princess wouldn't do that sort of thing to her mother. She was a good egg, a smart kid, kind and loving and beautiful and she just wouldn't do that! Tokyo had almost worked up into panic. She had to talk to Cercelee. Not even the more familiar Haku or Cwmfen would do, she needed to talk to the wolf that was in charge here, because this was an emergency. Her daughter was missing, was missing, and no one seemed to care, no one had even seemed to notice beside Tokyo herself! Not even the leaders. Weren't they supposed to keep track of things like that? Unless.. Unless they knew. That was the only explanation that made sense, which was why Tokyo was going straight to the top, the person who would know, who had to know, if a pack member had left for any reason.

Tokyo had no idea where Cercelee lived. She only had the name, she didn't even remember what she looked like, although her scent was vaguely familiar for marking the borders. Tokyo had seen her once, at the pack birthday celebration, but that was way way long ago and they hadn't spoken at all. So she howled, a request for the leader. This howl was of the utmost politeness, the complete opposite of how Tokyo had summoned Colibri the other day. She knew how to get things done, and when the person you sought information or a favor from was a higher rank than you, you sucked up. You were polite, and submissive, and charming and delicate and lovely. It was only with a lower ranking member that you could afford terror, anger, and blunt rudeness as viable methods for extracting information.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! Backdating is fine!

The call that Cercelee had been waiting for finally sounded, and reluctantly she rose to answer it. Throwing back her head, she answered, her message stating that soon they would be face to face and that whatever issue needed to be addressed would be. Cercelee already knew the issue as she set out, and with a start realized that Tokyo’s den was not so very far from her own. In lupus form she made good time, and it was hardly enough time to get back into character. She recalled the day she had come upon Princess, so distraught, and the pleading and begging of the girl. She recalled the story they had conjured and then the role she had assumed. As if it were not all an act Cercelee had adopted an authoritative voice, and commanded the girl to leave and had bid her to gather her stuff before the chance was lost to her. In a “thank-you” that Cercelee would soon not forget the girl had acted her own part and stormed off, leaving the Rosea to wait for the day the girl’s mother came calling.

The day had finally come and Cercelee arrived merely moments after the original summon. Dipping her head only slightly at the female, Cercelee sized her up all the while her face was warm, pleasant, a perfect mask. Always Cercelee knew how to wear a mask, but playing the part was a more difficult task. As her navy eyes, so quickly, looked over the women she had seen only briefly before, she recalled the words of Princess once more. The accusation of the past wrong doings on the part of the mother, and Cercelee pushed them from her mind. It was none of her concern now, for Tokyo had done nothing while in Dahlia de Mai that Cercelee knew about, and so when Cercelee addressed the Mai it was with a respectful and welcoming tone. “Greetings, how are you on this day?” Introductions were unnecessary, and Cercelee knew it, and she guessed (or rather hoped) this women would get straight to the point of the matter, acting a part was tiring work and not a job Cercelee wish to take part in longer than she had to.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
wait is okay, because as you can see i'm slowww atm too. XD. 365 words. sorry this post is sort of weird. oO

Tokyo had no problem whatsoever with the masks she wore; it would have been harder to face someone without one. A mask prescribed a certain set of behavior. Once twitched into place, decisions were not an issue. She knew how she was supposed to act, and she knew what she was supposed to achieve. The fluidity of her transitions made it incredibly hard to pick out anything fake about her various personas. Part of that was surely due to the fact that.. she didn't really know too much who she was without wearing a mask, so as much as she knew she was faking something, it was when she was faking something that she felt most like herself. It was a very convoluted thing that she didn't really like to dwell on, so she usually didn't. Who decided that this worm should be crawling around her mind now of all times, when she was supposed to be striking a good first impression with her leader of all leaders?

Give her humility, politely angled tail and ears. Give her worry; paint the lines beneath her eyes, fill the icy orbs with heavy sorrow (that was easy to draw from a secret well somewhere inside). Give her hesitancy, lace the words with concern. "Not.. not too well, actually. My daughter's been missing for quite a while - Princess, did you ever know her? She was a member of the pack. Do you.. maybe know anything about where she might have gotten off to?" Tentative hope hung on the last few syllables, working it's way in there as if Tokyo was trying so hard to keep it out, to keep from believing that Cercelee might know.. As if she had hoped too many times before, only to be disappointed. The worm, again, gnawing at her thoughts. How much of this was real? How much of it was at least based in reality, but exaggerated for a good show? A flutter of panic coincided with the realization that Tokyo didn't actually know, but the tight control she held over her body language kept it from being expressed in the slightest, stifling it as rapidly as it had initially burst.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for such a weird post, and also to make you wait so long for such a weird post.

Thankfully Toyko did get straight to the point and Cercelee did not have to keep her practiced speech on hold. Navy eyes were sympathetic, genuinely, for despite the unhappy words that Princess had spoken about her mother, Toyko had to care a little. The girl’s absence had not gone unnoticed. Cercelee did not mind holding her emotions from others, becoming an unreadable statue, but she did not like outwardly deceiving others. Nor did she like letting them down, and she wouldn’t let Princess down. Though her emotions were torn, Cercelee played the part flawlessly. “I must apologize for not coming to you sooner, you see…” A pause, and she tried to read the female’s face. Did Toyko suspect anything? Would she be angry? Did it matter? Deep breath and then jump in.

“Your daughter-- Princes-- has been banned from Dahlia de Mai.” Her words were definite, her voice steady and strong, as if her decision was final. And it was, as far as Cercelee was concerned, Princess has joined the ranks of Svara and Firefly, an outcast, unwelcome in her lands. The only difference was that Cercelee truly like Princess. And though Cercelee spoke in a no questions asked way, an explanation was due, because she knew that if one was not provided then she had not tied up all the loose ends. “She was stealing. From me actually. On several occasions. I gave her several chances but…” Cercelee shrugged helplessly, unwilling to say that Princess had failed, or perhaps Toyko had, and that once a thief, always a thief and thief were unwelcome. “I‘m sorry.” As she spoke, she almost forgot that she was just pretending, and it was startling to feel the role she played come to life so naturally.

[/html]
[html]
i made you wait even longer! x_X. 303 words

Stealing? Or more accurately to express the source of Tokyo's indignation, caught stealing? Princess knew better than that! She had always seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, and Tokyo had tried to teach her the important things in life, like how to get away with shit like this... And she should have weighed the risks better! Stealing from the leader, more than once after being caught.. That was just, so amazingly foolish that Tokyo could barely even believe the words that she was hearing. Her sense of professionalism was wounded, too. She had taught Princess her entire life how to avoid situations like his, and now she had failed in such a massive way that the young girl had been expelled from her pack. From her mother's pack. From her mother's den, from her mother's side, from her mother's love and attention and guidance..

No matter what part she unknowingly played in driving her daughter away, Tokyo's grief-stricken expression was unfeigned. "It's.. okay." Automatic response to the apology, then a realization of what she just said, and a short, bitter laugh. "Well, it's not, really, but.. You had to do what you had to do for the pack. I'm sorry that she was stealing from you. I didn't know that it was happening. I wish I had.." A bit of reproach slipped into her voice, inappropriate though she knew it was to direct at your leader. "I might have been able to talk some sense into her." The unspoken "but now it's too late" hung in the air. Honestly though, there really wasn't much more to be said on the matter. Even the possible guilt Tokyo's words might have inspired in the leader only held a faint bitter charm. She turned away, and slowly padded away from the white female.
[/html]