Change comes slowly
[html]

ooc: 300+ words

The first few days at Phoenix Valley were challenging for Seven. He had already found accomodation, a nice den and some good spots to rest. He had also caught a few small rodents, but didn't really feel like eating. Mostly, the wolf just sat on the sandy shore and gazed emptily towards the horizon. Somwtimes he would sit so close to the sea that the crashing waves would touch his feet. The dark male didn't notice how a week had passed. Life was so empty here, he just couldn't find a cause to keep on living like this. Grassy meadows, sandy beaches, friendly folk, lost of food. Life was too perfect for him, too dull.

Yet againg Seven found himself sitting on the wet sand, inhaling the salty air of the ocean. He watched the horizon, but what did he expect to see? A vessel, crafted by his Master, drifting slowly towards this land? Why would he want that? Why was he so accustomed to being a servant? True, he was a creature of habit, a creature of rituals, even. I got so used to home, I didn't realise that I could be far away from it. Seven thought. Every single day he would come here and sit aimlessly for hours. He didn't eat, he barely drank any water and sometimes, he wouldn't even blink. The same, boring routine, but it had some meaning for him.

But, like any other wolf, the hunter had limits. He slowly stood up, shaking the sand off of his belly. His stomach was protesting, shouting, trying to tell him to grab atleast a little bite. Finally, after seven days, the dark male truly felt hungry. Seven jogged off towards a patch of trees. It wasn't too big, but it surely housed some sort of animal - a rabbit, a squirrel or maybe a mouse. Easy prey for him. Seven raised his muzzle and sniffed the air. Yes, there was some sort of rodent nearby. Instincts kicked in, and soon he was slowly walking towards an unexpecting mouse. Seven felt his stomach rumble even harder. Such a tasty treat...
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

The white-furred woman, in her optime form, had chosen to wander the forest as opposed to the shoreline today. Her continued search for the perfect cabin to stay in was leading her all over the territory. Why she chose to go on such an extensive search, she didn't know. If she was going to raise a family, then she supposed that they needed to have the best place to grow up as possible. She was thankful that the rain had stopped, if only for a short time. It made travel more pleasant. Perhaps if the weather stayed like this Xeris would go for a stroll by the beach.

Suddenly, her ears perked forward at the sound of a noise nearby. Looking down, her golden eyes came across a tiny rodent, a mouse. She wasn't particularly hungry at the moment, so she decided to let it scamper past her unharmed. Bored and curious, Xeris decided to follow the little creature and see where it went. Frightened, the mouse darted about quickly. Xeris, like a playful cat, saw this as an opportunity for a bit of fun. She stalked the mouse as best she could in this form, kneeling down to watch it. It paused for just a moment, and Xeris dashed forward, landing a foot on its tail. It was then that her gaze found something else--an unfamiliar black wolf. "Oh, hello there," she said. "Did you want this?" She gestured down toward the mouse trapped beneath her toes.

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The dark male felt his muscles tightening. The tingly sensation of killing something enveloped his body, causing him to shake just a bit. But suddenly, the mouse scurried away, making him slightly disappointed in himself for taking so long and wasting that opportunity. Even more suddenly, he noticed another - much larger figure - pouncing on the mouse. It was Luperci, one in optime form. A strange choice for hunting.

Seven thought that he could watch her as she played with the rodent while not being seen. The male was terribly wrong, as his packmate soon noticed him. She seemed nice enough to give him his meal back. But Seven wasn't like that. He had too much of what some called "hunter's pride". The male would rather die of starvation than eat something another wolf had caught. Hi... You can keep the mouse. You caught it, anyway. He watched the little critter squirm.

Although his pride wouldn't let him accept the meal, he hoped that she could help him in another way. The wolf felt a bit nervous, but still, he needed the information. Seven bowed down a little - he still had the habit - and slowly picked the words to say. My Lady, yet another habit of his, may I ask you for a small bit of information?
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

The white female's golden eyes looked over the male before her, from his dark-colored fur to his eyes, of a similar color to her own. She had never seen him before, but he smelled faintly of Phoenix Valley; perhaps he had been here for a little while and she just hadn't come across him. Xeris was always pleased to meet newcomers. She hoped someday to hold some kind of position in the pack in which her job was to greet them. Maybe that wasn't possible, but she would like it very much.

Xeris could feel the mouse's tail squirming as it lay trapped between her toes. The dark-colored male before her responded that he didn't want the mouse. Xeris shrugged. "Well, I wasn't really going to eat it, anyway." she said. The male spoke again, and the Luperci was rather perplexed as to the way he addressed her. She had never been called "My Lady" before. But she didn't press the issue for now. Leaning her back against a tree, Xeris sat down so as to be at a closer level with the unfamiliar male. She picked up the mouse and watched as it skittered over her hands for a moment before dashing away. "Sure. What do you need to know?"

[/html]
[html]

Seven felt that she was looking staright at him, analysing his every detail. He tried keeping his head down. He still had a lot of fear and respect for the Luperci. He knew that they weren't superior in any way in Phoenix Valley. Or were they? As far as Seven knew, there were no other wolves around these parts. A couple of them as loners, though. Maybe that was why they were loners. No one wanted to accept wolves into their packs.

The dark male watched in disgust as she released the rodent. It's not too bright to hunt "for fun". How hypocritical of him. Wasn't he the one who hunted, even killed his prey and left it to rot? Of course, that wasn't "for fun", he hunted to let of some steam, to let his mind rest for a few minutes. Nevertheless, it was still not right. He quickly realised that and calmed down.

Yeah, about that... When Geneva accepted me into the pack, she said something that got me scared... But now I see a lot fo potential in it. She said her brother was a regular wolf, but somehow turned into a Luperci. So, is it a virus? The whole Luperci thing? And how can you exactly catch it? Seven stated his point quite boldly. He needed to know. He would ask every wolf on this bloody land if he had to. If what he assumed was true, this could mean a revolution. Well, not exactly here. He would need to build a boat and get back home first. And he didn't even know where home was. Come to think of it, did anyone around these parts even know how to make boats? He sure didn't. To make a boat, you'd have to be a Luperci... And Seven didn't intend to become one.
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Xeris noticed that he seemed rather wary of her presence. She didn't know why; she felt that she was one of the least intimidating wolves in Phoenix Valley. Perhaps he was just nervous as she had been when she first set out on her own. She realized that she'd forgotten to introduce herself. "I'm sorry, I haven't told you my name. It's Xeris." The wolfess offered him a smile, hoping to make him feel more comfortable.

He also seemed perturbed by her treatment of the mouse; again, Xeris wasn't sure why this was. She was just playing a game of chase with it, and she didn't hurt it at all. But she supposed that different individuals had different views on that sort of thing, and resolved to avoid playing games with rodents while she was around this strange dark-furred wolf.

He asked about the Luperci virus. It was at this point that Xeris knew her new acquaintance was not a Luperci like she was. She bit her lip. The white wolfess knew quite a bit about the transfer of the Luperci virus, but it was a difficult subject for her to discuss... "It is like a virus, yes," she began slowly. "I was born a regular wolf as well. The Luperci traits are most often transferred through...well, exchange of bodily fluids, to be blunt. But I obtained it from a fight, back when I was younger. My family and my pack were all regular wolves, you see, and Luperci were looked down upon for accepting human customs and leaving their wolf heritage behind. So that's why I was sent away, and now I'm here." Xeris exhaled slowly. She never enjoyed speaking of her family or her past, but at this time she felt it was necessary.

[/html]
[html]
Ty sighed as he wandered his way to the ocean, bored as usual. Ty was beginning to see that not much happened in the Valley, or maybe it was still because he was still changing from a war time setting to a rather peaceful setting. Sure, there was a bit of tension between the valley and the infernals, but nothing to what he had witnessed and participated in before. He was trying to be more lazy, but it was getting harder and harder to sit still, perhaps soon Ty would go visit the neighboring packs, just to see what they are all about. He had only heard of the infernals being hostile, but he was curious about the others, would they be so welcoming? Ty was thinking about finding out for himself.

But just as he reached the beach, a place where he often simply sat and went deep into thought, he found that two other wolves had beaten him to the area. One wolf he recognized, a good friend of his, one of the white wolves, who happened to be mates of course. This was the female half, as he so recognized, so it must be Xeris. The other wolf on he other hand Ty did not recognize. His fur was black, but, like Xeris, he could smell the Valley on him, so it was assumed by Ty that this was a new pack mate. A small smile appeared on his face as he crossed his luperci arms and admired the view. He liked seeing new pack mates for the first time, as this was how he would remember them for the first time, he wondered what this new wolf was like, was he nice? Was he fretful? The assumption excited Ty, meeting new people was always a thrill for him.

As he walked onto the beach, he waved one of his hands and shouted out to Xeris "Hey there!" He then jogged over to introduce himself to the new wolf, and catch up with Xeris as well.
[/html]
[html]

Seven felt like the introductions weren't necessary. He wasn't used to being treated nicely, nor was he used to introductions. Not having a proper name didn't help either. But still, she told him her name and the dark wolf felt like it would be wrong not to tell her his. I'm Seven... My name is Seven, that is, I'm much younger... He smiled. Sometimes his number did work in funny ways.

But, all introductions aside, he pivoted his ears as Xeris starting talking about the virus. So... She was just like him? Well, not exactly like him, but she didn't have the virus. And there's a community that hates Luperci? Bodily fluids meant that he can't even get in a fight with a Luperci if he doesn't want to risk becoming one. And worst of all, he couldn't have a family without becoming a Luperci. Seven thought that he would be overjoyed to hear this. But on the contrary, he was frozen in fear. I... I can't even get in a fight? It's a virus, shouldn't it kill you or something...

The wolf barely managed to say a couple of sentences. He didn't even notice yet another one of his packmates incoming. He swallowed a huge ball of mixed emotions. Right now he could be shot in the head and still not feel it. Only when Ty's words reached his ears did Seven react. The male flinched, turning towards the Luperci and grining his teeth. Half a second and he would've attacked. Luckily, his sanity kicked in and said: "Dude, let me handle it".
Seven lowered his head and stared at the ground. He nearly attacked his packmate, what if someone starts picking a fight with him? What if he would snap and lose control of himself? I'm sorry, Sir... You startled me. Seven whispered.
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Xeris cocked her head to one side at the newcomer's introduction. It was odd to be named after a number. Perhaps he was one of seven children who had uncreative parents. Ah well, she thought, every family has their own ways of doing things, and Seven was just as acceptable of a name as her own. For now, she wouldn't press the issue.

She noticed his adverse reaction to what she'd said about Luperci. It was as if he had a fear of becoming one. She supposed that wasn't too uncommon, as it was a tremendous change--she knew this from experience. "Well, sometimes it takes massive wounds to transmit the virus," she said, hoping to reassure him somewhat. "The virus killed off the humans, they say. But to wolves, it gives us new abilities. I don't really know how it works. I wish I could tell you more about it, but honestly I don't know." It was only the truth. After all, she herself had been suddenly thrust into the situation of becoming a Luperci against her will.

It was then that she heard another voice, and turned to see her friend Ty. A smile immediately rose to her face; she hadn't seen him in a while. "Hello Ty! It's nice to see you. How have you been?" The white wolf noticed Seven's sudden tenseness upon Ty's approach. Wow, she thought, he's really skittish. "Everything okay, Seven?" she asked politely.

[/html]
[html]
Ty was startled when the newcomer swerved on his heel and bared his gleaming white rows of teeth. However, this was not to say Ty was caught of guard by the threat, on the contrary, his background as a warrior made his awareness much more acute to these things. While his face reacted in surprise, his body was quickly hunched over with claws extended in front ready for an assault. It wasn't an open attack stancehowever, Ty was simply preparing to defend himself if the stranger did attack.

Lucky for both of them however, the essence of sanity quickly fell over the newcomer, and he apologized for his aggressiveness. Standing back into a relaxed posture, Ty smiled kindly to the wolf and spoke in a calm, relaxed manner. "Hey, don't worry about it." He said to the wolf. "I'm sorry to have startled you though, it wasn't my intention." He then momentarily nodded to Xeris with a friendly grin spread across his face. "Well, hello Xeris, how's life treatin' ya?" He made a small glance between the black wolf, than Xeris again, and spoke agian with a small bit of worry. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?"
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The dark male took a few moments to grip himself together. It was strange having packmates, they were all so kind and laid-back. Seven, on the other hand, was naturally quite sensitive, not to mention his current state. He released the tension from his muscles, standing once more in his usual pose. It's not your fault, it's just that I'm hyper-sensitive lately. He explained.

Seven noticed that the two knew eachother quite well. Ty's presence didn't really please the male, but he didn't want to be rude. No, I do believe Xeris told me all I needed to know... And probably a few things I would've been better of not knowing. Seven bowed once more, but was reluctant to leave. He came here first after all, it was sort of his spot, he chose to catch some food here. I wonder if there are any good fishing spots here? Master got me used to them.
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Xeris turned her golden eyes back to Ty as he spoke to her. Should she perhaps tell him about...that? What had happened between her and Pendzez? No, she wouldn't. Not now. "I've been all right," she replied simply. "How about you? What have you been up to? It's been a while since I saw you last." A friendly smile came to her face as she conversed with her friend. She was glad that she had Ty. Not only was he a good friend to her, but to Pendzez as well.

She frowned a little when Seven spoke up. There was definitely something odd about him. And he kept bowing, as if she were royalty. It was flattering, but...odd. "You're not particularly fond of the whole Luperci thing, are you?" she asked him, curious. What was it that had made him this way? There was clearly something that had happened in his past to cause him to exhibit such behavior, and the white wolfess' naturally curious nature was getting the best of her as usual.

[/html]
[html]
Ty smiled and nodded as Xeris told him her status, glad she was alright, her wounds from the coyote attack were healed over,which also was a good sign. He hadn't talked to her much since her venture into inferni territory, when she came back beaten and bloodied. It was good to know that it hadn't overly phased her, she had a good strong head on her shoulders. Addressing the question she made back to him, he sighed lightly and shrugged. "I honestly haven't done much." He replied with a rather bored tone. "I've been thinking about visiting the other territories, but I haven't mustered up the effort."

Ty noticed the uncertainty, skittishness, and unprompted grovelling that the unnamed male was giving, which raised Ty's curiosity about the male's past. One wouldn't act like that unless they hadsome past experiences that forced them to be that way, and it was raised even higher when Xeris asked Seven if he feared luperci, to which he felt somewhat guilty for showing up in werewolf form. He had heard of wolves and coyotes alike having a small bit of fear and prejudice around the luperci people, so he spoke again with a rather downtrodden tone "Oooohhhhh.......You aren't a big fan of luperci? I'm sorry, I didn't know." And with those words, he quickly shifted into full wolf form. "Is this better?...Forgive me, I was born a luperci, so I'm not very good at being tactful to others fears around it...."
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

It was true Seven wasn't too happy with Luperci. He was afraid of them. Even though he had started a new life the werewolves still had quite an influence on him. Yeah, I'm not exactly a big fan of you guys, sorry... And like that wasn't enough, Ty decided that it would be better for him to shift to his Lupus form. Now, that was very kind of him, trying to make Seven feel more comfortable by looking less Luperci.

Unfortunately, the dark male wasn't quite used to this transformation. Bloody hell! The male shouted as his packmate shifted. It seemed an easy process, but, in his mind, Seven imagined that it must hurt terribly. But how was he supposed to know? He had never seen a Luperci shift before. Sure, he knew that they still obtained the form, some Luperci even preferred it around these parts. But it was a surprise to him that they could just change whenever they wanted.

Being the skittish wolf that he was, Seven just let his instincts take over. Also, being the idiotic wolf that he was, he, instead of running, jumped into a nearby tree and hid amongst the branches. Even though the male was unseed, you could clearly make out his location by the shaking branches and the growling noise that he made. Wh-What the hell is going on? He shouted from amidst the leaves.
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Yes, Xeris thought, There is definitely something wrong with him. She was rather shocked by Seven's reaction to Ty's form shifting; she herself had considered going back to lupus form but if this was the sort of reaction that would result, it probably wasn't worth it. The white wolfess' naturally peace-loving personality kicked in and she immediately felt the need to calm her new packmate down.

"Seven--" she began, but the word had barely left her mouth before the black wolf was suddenly high in a tree. Xeris sighed, looking to Ty for a moment. "Seven, it's all right," she continued. "We just want to make you more comfortable. If you don't like Luperci then we can go back to lupus form, see?" Xeris closed her eyes and allowed herself, a bit reluctantly, to shift to her quadrupedal form. "See? We're more like you now." Xeris hadn't spent much time in her lupus form since the accident. Her right foreleg still bore the mark of the coyote woman's teeth and was less steady than her other limbs. Despite this, she remained standing on all fours, doing her best to look up through the tree branches to spot the strange dark-colored wolf.

"You don't have to be afraid here," she said kindly, Jefferson's words suddenly returning to her mind. "Though you might not be able to tell by looking at me," Xeris gestured toward the scars covering her body, "Phoenix Valley is a place of peace." She looked to Ty, hoping that he could do some more to calm Seven down.

[/html]
[html]
"Whoa, hey, relax there buddy, there is no reason to be afraid." Ty said, raising his paw to try and settle the male, who had already skittered up the tree, which was quite impressive considering wolves can't usually climb trees. "You are among friends here, relax." he called out again, hoping Seven would listen. Ty was worried about the skittish male, he was acting irrational, frightened, creatures like this would usually lash out at those who approached them aggressively. Ty knew the best way to handle this was to talk him down. He spoke as cool and as calm as he could, trying to soothe the situation. "We simply shifted into wolf form, with a luperci, it comes as natural as breathing. It's not dangerous, nothing bad is going to happen, just relax."

He looked to Xeris, who was also trying to coax the black wolf to the ground, although she was having as much luck as he was. However, he couldn't help but chuckle lightly at her comment about her own scars, all he could do was chuckle. Leaning over slightly, he said to her "If you look bad, I look like a train wreck." adding another chuckle afterward, and for the record, he was right. Ty's wounds and scars covered his body, each one a sort of trophy from one of Ty's experiences, or a nightmare from a bad memory, but he didn't mind joking about them, he was just that kind of guy.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: 16 replies already? O_O

Calm down Seven, just calm down and listen to them. They're your packmates, they're not going to hurt you. He tried to calm himself down. His mind was much clearer now, but the wolf still found it hard to breathe, gasping for air as if he was choking. This was hard enough for him without the two Luperci trying to reason with him. It just made him feel like an outcast. Taking a moment to assess the situation, he looked around. Holy shit, how did I climb this tree in the first place? Seven was amazed at himself. He had never climbed trees before.

The young male tried to slowly and carefully descend from the tree, but his legs were shaking too much. He ended up falling down and landing in the most awkward position. Ow... Don't ever make me do that again... He smiled sheepishly. Atleast the worst was now over. Seven quickly stood up and shaked his limbs a bit. Everything seemed to be intact, aside from his pride and sanity. He ripped those two apart a couple of minutes ago. Sorry about that... You're not exactly the type of Luperci I'm used to. The dark wolf lowered his head and let out a silent whimper.
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Xeris was confused. What exactly was wrong with this wolf? His skittishness and sudden fear were bothering her a bit. She was starting to lose patience. As she looked up to the black male in the tree, Xeris wondered if he was just doing this for attention or if there was really something mentally wrong with him. She continued to watch as he rather awkwardly made it down to the ground, grinning as if it had all been a joke.

"We didn't make you do anything," the white wolfess said, a hint of annoyance in her voice. Why didn't this guy just explain what was going on instead of freaking out? He mentioned that he wasn't used to this kind of Luperci. What in the world did he mean by that? "And what kind of Luperci are you used to? I didn't think there were that many different types."

For a moment the white wolfess hesitated, contemplating her rather sudden harshness toward Seven. She wasn't usually so rash. Could this have something to do with...? No, let's not think about that now, Xeris, she thought to herself. That was not the matter at hand right now. She had other things to talk about.

[/html]
[html]
yikes, have I been off the ball lately :|

"Hey, don't worry about it," Ty said with a calm smile as he allowed the wolf to regain composure. "I'm sure you have a very good reason to be acting the way you were. But it's different here, whatever types of Luperci you've met before, we aren't those types, we are your friends, your pack mates, and we will stay that way." He then sat down and grinned brightly, his tail wagging in a friendly manner behind him as he nodded lightly to Seven "So relax, you have nothing to worry about!"

Ty was relieved that the wolf had finally calmed down and accepted him as not dangerous, however, it was no longer Seven and his antics that were worrying Ty anyway. No, what was worrying Ty was now Xeris' behavior, how she was talking to Seven in a rather annoyed bratty tone, a tone that made Ty raise an eyebrow in suspicion. Ty had never once heard Xeris act like this or even be slightly mean to another wolf before, so what had suddenly changed her mind? Something was up, Ty could feel it, but he stayed silent. Addressing an issue like this would make Seven uncomfortable again, and they had just gotten him out of the tree. He wasn't going to just let it go permanently though, even though it was just a suspicion. He'd keep an eye on Xeris, and talk to her about it if need be, right now he didn't know if it would actually hinder her life at all, and that would be the only time he'd act, if it was becoming a large potential issue to him or the other packmates. But it still didn't settle right, what was riling up Xeris inside?
[/html]