check out any time you like
[html]

Open to anyone. Halifax.

As he flopped down onto one of the beds, the musty smell of this entire place seemed to increase tenfold. He gathered the fabric of the comforter in a fist and brought it to his muzzle. Yup, it was definitely the fabric. Features contorting in mild disgust, Silas released the handful of fabric before rolling onto his back and staring up towards the ceiling. The sun was filtering in between the horizontal slats of the shades, though more permeated some places due to broken off blinds. It was still early in the day – only late morning at best. Silas had already been up and about, and had done some exploring in the city. He returned home after an hour or so, content on just relaxing or possibly even sneaking a nap. He knew he should be out exploring the areas beyond the city, but he just hadn’t brought himself to wander too far yet. There was far too much the city held that Silas had yet to discover.

The door to his room squeaked open, and the Russian boy looked up half expecting to see Rurik or Lily standing in the doorway. When no one was there, he let his head fall back to the sheets. "Whatever," he mumbled to himself in native tongue, figuring it was Lily who had stopped by, only to decide she didn’t feel like seeing Silas. She sure was acting weird lately. It was obvious she didn’t want to be here. Silas loved her to death, but had started to wonder if maybe it would have been better to just leave her at home with Verusha and Anatoliy.

[/html]
[html]
picture of said hat: http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/142/..._chibiwakki.jpg it's a squid hat!

It was such a nice day outside today! He wiggled with delight as he walked, his bottom swaying back and forth. The sun kept him good and warm. There were times when it would hide behind one of the overhanging clouds and the lands would become a bit darker, his nose a bit chillier, but then it would pop right back out to greet him again. One thing that kept him warmer, too, was the hat that he had found in the street. He didn't know why someone would throw away such an awesome hat and had maneuvered it with his paws until he'd been able to get it up onto his head and walk with it on. It was much too big but he was trying to wear it the best he could. The little tentacles on the hat hung down to the ground dragging a bit as he walked.

The gray and black hybrid hummed as he went, looking up at houses and storefronts. Everything here was so shiny! He admired himself in one of the windows before moving on to the house next to it. There was a funny smell coming from this one, a smell he didn't recognize, and he wanted to investigate it. He used all of his weight to push the front door open, following the smell all the way to another door. Why were all the doors in this place part-way closed, anyway? Did someone live here? He frowned and moved to pull this door open, getting it open wide enough so that he could just barely pass his body through the crack.

Just as he was starting to look around he heard a voice, a big one that was much deeper than his own. Turquoise eyes widened and he backed up again, his rear hitting the door and pushing it shut. Oh no! He was trapped in here with whoever had spoken! He swallowed. He would have to fight his way out. He had to get back home to his dad sometime today, and this was the only way to get out. "Non lo prenderete mai vivo!!!!!" He squeaked, running at the bed. The hat hung over his eyes so he couldn't see above him...but he would sneak attack their legs if they were hanging over the side!

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Otto and his hat are the cutest. things. ever. <3

He brought his hands to his face, shielding his eyes and blocking out the light that had managed to filter past the blinds. For some reason, Silas just felt like being lazy today. He had already gone out, but not much in the city had kept his attention. His room in the hotel was just as boring, but the thought of having a nice, long nap didn’t seem too awful to him. Silas let out a soft groan, letting one arm fall to his side while the other lay bent across his forehead. "What a day," he muttered to himself, squeezing his eye lids tighter so that his world would darken even further.

But it didn’t seem like Silas would be taking a nap anytime soon. A voice rang out and spoke something in gibberish. Silas barely had time to open his eyes and sit up before something was colliding with his legs which had been dangleing idly over the side of the mattress. "Что ебать?!" He yelped, mostly out of surprise than anything. In one swift movement, the Russian boy managed to leap onto both feet, standing precariously tall on the bed (so tall, in fact, he had to duck his head to avoid hitting the ceiling). Standing crouched, Silas peered over the side of the mattress to find his attacker. What he saw was the squirming back end of a puppy sticking out of some sort of weird, knitted contraption. "Uhh, allo?"

[/html]
[html]
Sace is gonna knit me a hat like that! Big Grin And thank you!! I love Otto :3

Ohhh ho ho! This was a big one! It seemed like only a second passed before it was on its feet and he looked up as high as he could look, trying to see its face. The hat really did get in the way. He nodded his head up and down, trying to get it to fall back off of his eyes so he could get both a better view of the stranger and better understanding of his current situation. The other creature was so tall he couldn't even see all the way up to its head! Its coat was real pretty, though. Reminded him of his sister Godelieve's, a bit! Otto's was dark and his father's was dark...and Vasco's was pretty dark too. They were boys. And his momma and sisters were light colored.

He hadn't recognized some of the things that had come out of the stranger's mouth but did recognize a few other words. English? But what did "what a day" mean? was it like "one a day"? That reminded him of the phrase "A fish a day keeps the medico away" Or was that the wrong word? Doctor? Docteur? He knew three languages, and sometimes they got confused in his head.

In any case, he could have stared at that pelt all day. What pretty colors! He was still a little afraid, but he hadn't been attacked back. Did that mean Silas was afraid of him? "You are a pretty boy!" He shouted. He could see black in the pelt--that meant this one was a boy, like him and Vasco. "You wiw wet me out?! I Is 'tack'd yew and yew is jumped on da bed! I is winner?"

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Omg, lucky! It's such an adorable hat. Also, I love this thread already! <3

At least this time when the little child spoke to him (or rather, shouted) it was in a language Silas somewhat understood. The words tumbled out of the little guy’s muzzle so fast, however, that the Russian boy barely had a chance to decipher them. "Uhhhh," he started, crouching down before taking a seat on the bed, "vhat? I do not understand." He could see now that there was a tiny little noggin under that strange hat, and the tentacles that hung down either side of the boy’s face made Silas chuckle. The hat was much too big for him, so much so that it dragged a bit on the ground. "You are vinner? Of vhat?"

The icy blue eyes then left the pup for just a moment and went searching the door. This had to be some sort of joke – a prank from Lily. "This isn’t funny, Liliya," he complained in Russian. The door had somehow managed to close itself and no one else was in the room with them. But who was this little guy and how had he wound up in Silas’ room? "Uhh, you live here?" He asked, turning his gaze back on the wriggling pup. Silas had never really been around anyone this much younger than him; he wasn’t sure how to act.

[/html]
[html]
Me too!

He was such a powerful little pup--a good fighter! He had gotten this wolf to stand up on the bed and then sit back down. Maybe he was sitting down because Otto had broken his leg by smashing him so hard! His tail wagged at the thought of his big win against this wolf. He'd tell Beppe all about it later when he got back to their seaside home.

"I broked yew leg and won!" He said. English wasn't his best, having only spoken it in a group setting back home (his mother spoke french and english, father spoke itallian and english), and he tried to find the words he wanted to say. "Who yew talkin' to? An' I dun live here, noes. At the beach, wiwve dere. Where yew wiv?!"

It was exciting to talk to somebody new. He was used to having only Beppe around now that his momma and siblings had gone and gotten themselves lost in in the river. "Whatcher name?!" He hopped a little from his spot on the floor, trying to see how high he could get. Could he get up there to the bed? Otto made a leap, hitting the side of the mattress and bouncing off. It wasn't too high of a jump, though, and as soon as he hit the floor he was back up, bouncing again.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Let me know if you'd like the pp at the end changed. :]

"Mine leg?" Silas patted it, grinning to himself. He was just fine, but he now realized that this youngster was playing some sort of imaginary game. Silas could play along. "Aga, it hurts." But Silas barely had a moment to play up his act, because this little guy was already firing off questions and wriggling with balled up energy. Silas was afraid if he didn’t answer fast enough, Otto would burst!

"I talk mine seester. Ve live here." He motioned to the room, raising a hand and moving it in a broad circle. "Mine father and seester live in different room. Ve from Russia." Otto started wriggling again and Silas was worried he would make another pounce – perhaps go for Silas’ arms this time? But instead, the pup made a leap towards the bed, asking another question for the Russian boy all the while.

"Mine name Silas." He watched as Otto failed to clear the side of the mattress and fell back to the floor. As he made the jump again, Silas reached down and grabbed the pup by his scruff (crumpling some of the knitted hat in his fist as well) and lifted Otto onto the bed beside him. "Here you go," he chimed, releasing him with a grin. "Vhere your father and mother?"

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin it's cool!

"Why yew talks so weirwd? Whats a seeeestew?" Whoever the seester was, they lived here too. Maybe they were out, though, because he didn't see them anywhere! Or invisible!! Otto looked around a few times to make sure, his eyes going over the corners of the room and even up to the ceiling. Maybe the seester was another kind of animal, one he didn't know about yet! He only knew about a few kinds...ones that he ate and ones that were dangerous, mostly. But he didn't like eating some of them--some of them were so cute!! "I wike bunnies! Will I wike this seeestew?? And you know what? I found a hat!"

He grew quiet as he was lifted, his legs curling beneath him, eyes going blank for a moment as he was lifted. It was his off-switch, the scruff of his neck. His momma had always carried him or lifted him that way too, when he had needed help in the past. "Fank you! He said, pleased that he was now up on the bed with the bigger male. He looked around again for a few moments before his attention was caught by the question that Silas asked. "My momma? She is gone! She went in the river wiv my bruffers and sistews. I didna' go in dere...Papa founded me and he taked me to a howse by a ocean" He explained.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Sorry about the wait. <3

"Vhy do you talk veird!" Silas retaliated, grinning all the while. "Seester? You not know seester? Et like brother, but girl." Silas watched as the little pup took in their surroundings, checking out all corners of the room with a sweep of his eyes. Silas hadn’t had the opportunity to be around a puppy as young as this, and he was already finding himself much amused. He wouldn’t mind company after all.

"Yes, bunnies very yummy. Yum, yum. Mine seester very nice. You vill like her, but she not here now." Silas watched silently for a moment as Otto settled himself onto the bed. After a moment, Silas took some of the knitted fabric of the hat between two fingers and lifted gently, as it had begun to sink down on the little guy’s head and his eyes had been lost for a moment in a sea of fabric. "Zhere you are!" Silas chimed when he situated the hat so that Otto could see.

He did not quite understand Otto’s story about his parents, but Silas did assume that his father was around here somewhere. After all, the city was by the ocean and there were plenty of houses where Otto’s father could have taken him. It was just curious to Silas, though, that Otto’s father had managed to let this little guy out on his own. The city was a big, bad place for a pup like him. "I see. Vhat are you doing today?" He asked, curious as to what sort of adventure the pup most likely had brewing in that small noggin of his.

[/html]