Help!
Allrighty well i've read all of the rules and understand them all =D but umm i ain't got a clue of where to start oh excuse my rudness i'm Jayme i just join and i'm also known as jockers, or 11jockers on other threads =D so anyways umm i already have a character in mind but i don't know where to start *whimpers* -l0l- can yall help me and piont me in the right direction please C=
Ohithere!

Well, you can join as a loner or a pack character, though as of right now we have a tonnage of loners and some of the packs would need more members. Big Grin If your character is at least a quarter coyote, you can join Inferni, but if your character is a wolf, s/he should go to one of the other packs. ^^

When you join, you can join OOC or IC. When you join OOC, you fill out an application and someone will post an acceptance message for you. When you join IC, you write your character coming to the lands, someone replies, and you go from there. ;3

Either way you decide to join, to start yourself off, I would fill out some of your profile and get your ideas as far as your character goes settled down a bit. Get some stuff down about his/her appearance, personality, etc. I find it's useful to have at least a little bit jotted down before I dive into playing a character.

Some people find it more useful to write a skeletal profile with the barest of information, and develop the character as they go, while others prefer to write down all of their details at once and play the character based on what they've already got down in the profile. :3

Hope that helps? Big Grin
If you're hesitant, another idea that I've seen work multiple times for people completely new to Souls is to adopt an Open Character. Since people post characters that already have relatives or connections to other people, it's a lot easier to assimilate into a pack and have more to work with when you're first starting off. I've suggested it to quite a few people and seen it work multiple times, so keep that in mind if you are having a hard time or aren't comfortable with making your own character. ^^
Thank you yall are both very helpful to me and see i've mainly stayed on one forum just because it has been quiet active over the past year so this is all very very new to me -l0l- but i think i might look into the open characters first that way i can have some help and push in the right direction if you know what i mean C= and aslo i don't even know where to start if i were to start off with my new character which would be Jayme and if i do an open character does that mean i have to change my screen name?? or do i pick my own name?? sorry i havn't actually gone to look at it so i will probly be answering my own questions in a few minutes XD but also i was goning to bring over the same character i have on another thread that is totally based off of myself and also she fits better with the werewolf theme i guess =] so i already have a personality and i was already forming a history of her in my name =) alrighty well i'm rambling.....-l0l- oh and what are Catacombs?? and how am i suppose to post my character on this forum??
[html]Ahh, your little wolfy graphics are cute. XD

If you were to adopt an open character, they usually already have a name and several details plotted out for them, so yes, you'd have to alter your name. Since you're planning on bringing Jayme over here from another forum, this probably won't work out too well. ^_^

For you to post as your character, start a new thread in one of the pack forums, the one you are interested in joining, and write a post describing Jayme coming to the lands, finding the border, maybe howling to ask for someone to come and see her. You have to include some other information, which is detailed on the joining page in the OOC section of your new post.

The Catacombs are little skully icons you use to display achievements you've gathered over your time here. :] E.g. once Jayme has been a member of a pack for 3 months, you can get the blue skull which signifies that. There's a section in your profile that you can use to display them.

Just out of curiosity, can I see the other place you've been roleplaying? It might help me to help you if I can see the differences there versus here. Smile[/html]
Hi there!

I can basically just back up the info given by others, but; here are some useful links you might want, if you haven't found these things already!

The joiner archive - these are old joiner threads. Reading them is useful for understanding how these threads work!
The 'Souls RP Guide - some of your questions might be answered here. Full of fun and useful information.
The 'Souls wiki - find detailed information about a lot of past and existing characters, as well as packs and families.
Pack tally - prefer a big pack or a small one? Some raw info on member tallies

Also, here are the pack websites, if you haven't been able to spot the links:
Inferni
Dahlia de Mai
Phoenix Valley
Crimson Dreams
AniWaya
Cour des Miracles

Hope any of this is helpful! :]
The forum i have been playing on is very simple to me -l0l- so yea this website is totall blowing my mind -l0l- but i hope to join this thread and branch out and try new things if ya know what i mean

Giderah