Look out, here I come! |D Accept or reject, it's up to you. ;D
WC: 643, 5 pts

1. Character Name: Ailbhe Latis

2. Character Birthdate (including year): 2o.o2.2oo5

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

4. Species: Canis Arctos Ortus

5. Gender: Female

6. Secondary Form of Contact: MSN: childlikeheart90@hotmail.com

7. How you found 'Souls: An Ad on Giderah. (Go bother Psych about that, |D)

8. Profile Page: Snow and Wind.

9. Initial post:

After traversing Ethereal Eclipse and bits of Shiloh Hills from January to October, the haggard, tired white lady entered the Serena Reserve, the itch in her tired paws finally relieved. All those years of unsure futures and broken dreams... those few golden years of wonder dabbled in-between... they would not be for naught. Slim lupine form was pocked with months old slices from that day on the mountains, thick snowy pelt slowly growing in over them. Ribs protruded from their ivory cover, for though she had been eating, it was nothing more than a rabbit here, a beaver there... worry of poaching on another pack's lands had kept her from hunting much more than that. After all, who would miss a tiny rabbit? The elk and deer in the area would certainly make up for that. Skinny ivory fae paused a moment before a tall, leafy tree at the border to AniWaya, as she had heard it called, nerves getting the best of her.

What skills could she offer them, beyond entertainment and Salon work? Sure, when well-fed she was a powerful fighter, perhaps reminiscent of a soldier, like her father once was. Ailbhe did not care much for fighting- agile lady felt more at home with a dancing beat or a pot of color in her paws- but she certainly was capable of it, formerly rather defensive of her now flame eaten home. Memories of those golden years slipped through the ivory girl's head, and she quickly shook them away. No. This was the future- her future. No longer was she tied to the siblings who made her heart ache with fond memories. No longer were sibling rivalries common place, nightly 'sleepovers' had dimmed and died. A free, thinking spirit, the ghostly female was now- and she needed to start acting like one.

Deep, dark paw pads carefully, quietly carried the decently sized femme past the tree that had been marked AniWaya, and directly into their territory. She would offer what talents she had, and hope for the best. The worst thing they could do is tell her no, right? Ivory harks flattened in a submissive state while thick plume dropped low to the ground, watching, waiting. Dark nose scented the air from time to time, while icy gems scanned the world before her. The area seemed pleasant enough... now she only needed to find someone. Slim maw split in a weak call.

"Is anyone there?" She sounded meek. Ailbhe didn't like that, but she supposed her nerves were still getting to her. Was this pack usually kind with outsiders? She had heard Cour de Miracles was far more accepting- but they were closer to a group of former friends and related vagabonds. How could she fit into a close-knit group like that? AniWaya was supposed to be more of a Native American styled pack... like the humans that had once lived in the area. Another thought reached witty, but dulled mind. These wolves were mostly Optime, weren't they? It had been awhile since the malnourished fae had shifted into Optime form... close to two months. She wondered if she would still be able to shift as quickly as she had while out on the shoreline. At this point, it would not matter- she could easily pose herself more submissively as a Lupine than an Optime. It was more difficult to seem submissive if you were 6'6" than merely 28" at the shoulder. Sure, she wasn't much larger than the average female Arctic wolf, but facial expressions and body language were also too easy to convey in Optime form as well- Ailbhe feared she would not know what to do with her hands while meeting anyone important. Perhaps once she felt comfortable in the area, she would shift more readily and be able to stand still without fiddling with her humanesque hands.

[/html]
[html]

Hai :]
Word Count: 386

Dawali hummed as he sat atop Belle, one of his favourites among the horses in the stables. He'd trained her himself, and she was young. She also accepted newcomers openly, and was a calming presence to the foals they kept now. He did wonder, sometimes, what they were going to do with all these horses. Every season they bred, and they did not have enough riders. Unlike cattle, he did not feel as if he could just... eat a horse. Well, he could, but he was also so used to using them - like companions, more than prey. Cattle, however, was a wholly new aspect for him, and they looked like big, walking meals. Like a living, fresh storage - how was that not handy?! His thoughts circled the storage, and how dried and salted meat and fish didn't really taste that nice in the winter months —but fresh meat on the other hand... His mouth watered as he let the horse pick a path, carrying him out towards the borders of his tribe. A little adventure, perhaps, while he was thinking about how to rapidly increase his count of cattle from just the bull, to an actual stock. Shouldn't be too hard, if they bred as happily as the horses.

Chilled wind ruffled his feathered mane as Belle carried him along the path, soon reaching the areas where the tribe's scent gradually weakened, replaced by no pack's scent at all. Travel far enough east and the scent would belong to Cour des Miracles, but Dawali was not visiting Jacquez or Svara today. He was riding simpyl to spend time and relax, but his duties called him as he spotted a white figure ahead. His tongue smacked and the horse entered a relaxed trot, approaching the stranger more firmly. Once within a comfortable range of the other, Dawali called out. His voice carried its usual authoritative boom, but his face was mild and and in pleasant folds, even if his posture clearly stated his rank within the lands. "Hello there! May I help you?" The stranger was obviously weary; skinny even (and frail-looking in that sense). He wouldn't be surprised if she sought to join them - after all, the coming cold season could be fatal to a loner, especially one as ill-fed as this one.

[/html]
[html]
Why Hallo there! <3 Just as a note, I might not reply to your next post until later tonight- have to leave for work in about twenty minutes. |D

WC: 392, 2 pts

Skinny snowball had continued her quiet trek, barely going more than a few meters into the AniWaya grounds. Near translucent orbs scanned and scanned, and finally, after a few minutes of seeing nothing, the four year old recovered from her crouched position, and stood a little more confidently. Okay, so far she hadn't been mauled. That was good right? Just as she went to take another step forward, a voice, distinctly male and hinting authority, reached ivory harks. The poor startled lady nearly jumped out of her skin, successfully leaping a decent height above the ground in surprise. Soft ears flicked forward, then flattened again as she-wolf was presented with an Optime sitting upon a horse. Curiousity filled her eyes as Ailbhe stared at the hoofed beast, rather amazed that one could ride something edible. Snapping back to reality, formerly focused gems sought the feather-adorned male above her.

"Oh! Ah, yes... I hope you can." She said, tail low one because this brute had an air of authority about him, and two because she was slightly terrified by the prospect of his horse stepping on her should she not seem worthy enough. What a painful way to go that would be. "I'm looking to... to join the AniWaya..." Nerves pricking up on her again, the snowy fae had a little trouble reorganizing her original thoughts. What was she going to say again? Oh! Right... she should probably give him her name, right? Right. Sure. Oh dear.

"M'name's Ailbhe Latis, ah... Sir." She mumbled, unsure of her own words. A sheepish smile crept over slim fairy maw, while crystalline gems looked up a tad timidly at the hopefully AniWayan authority. He was a handsome brute... probably a Red from his colors, and perhaps a soldier from his musculature... or perhaps something different, but accustomed to hard labor. Crafter? Judging by the horse he rode, perhaps a farmer? Or a Rancher? She had heard of wolves farming foods and keeping cattle, though such an idea seemed foreign. Sure, she lived in a human house before, but why raise your own food when it can raise itself? Too easy to get fat and lazy raising your own stock... if meat is immediately available upon walking down the street to the stables, no one has to really work for it, after all.
[/html]
[html]

That's fine, I have dinner soon anyways :]
Word Count: 368

She seemed startled, and Dawali easily noticed her nervous glances to the horse. Perhaps he was too accustomed to his life and rank, and the member of his tribe, that he from time to time forgot how foreign his appearance and ways could seem to someone unfamiliar with him. He smiled, wanting to comfort her, but he did not step down from his seat. He did not like the idea of being unseated when there was a stranger here - for the horse's sake. She had been nervous during the race some moons back, and he had noticed that she seemed to feel more calm when someone was in control atop her. Despite not hopping down to be on her level, he did greatly adjust his tone of voice to her nervousness. Now, he spoke more quietly, and bent forward to pat the horse's neck as he listened to her speak. Once she was finished (he did let her have some moments of thinking time, instead of rushing onto conversation), he sought her eyes with his own and greeted her the way he greeted most; his nose turned to point to the ground —though not all the way— and he kept his head there a moment. Perhaps, in the human world it would have been considered something of a small bow. With his head in this position, he introduced himself, before lifting it again. "It is nice to meet you, Ailbhe. My name is Ututsi Tsugi Amara, commonly referred to as Dawali. I am the chief of the tribe you seek, AniWaya." Pausing, he considered her stance again. "Please, relax. I do not bite." A small wink was offered her, and a smile with it. In general, Dawali was rarely unpleasant or 'bossy', but he did step up when needed. He did prefer informal conversation, however.

So, he was right —she did seek membership. "So, you wish to join us? Do you have anything in particular to offer us —any skills, for example?" His smile reached his eyes; his politeness was rarely fake. Only when he felt threat would he perhaps display faked polite gestures, but not now. The stranger's nervousness didn't lessen his urge to comfort her.

[/html]
[html]
Dinner? O: OH RIGHT! Different time zones. Lol! Enjoy your sleep, hun, since I'm probably posting this while you're in bed. ;D
WC: 479, 2 pts

Ailbhe's heart could have stopped in her chest, striking the fragile female dead. This was the chief?! Discolored tongue caught in her throat, while beneath ivory fur, soft skin went ashen. Truly, she was white as a ghost, trembling in slight from her now increased nervousness. After a moment or two of simply looking at each other, the handsome red Chieftain offered comforting words and gestures to help ease her troubled demeanor. After a few more seconds of silence, in which the snowy fae worked to retain her usually level head, the topic of her joining was picked up once more. Translucent irises focused once more on the male. Was he... bowing to her? It was difficult to tell, as he did not get off his horse, but Ailbhe couldn't fault him for that. He was the Chief after all.

"Ah... skills. Well... I... um, I'm handy with dyes and whittling..." She began, slightly uncertain of what this could lead to. She had to offer up everything she was capable of. Everything. Surely something would be of some use to these Tribal creatures? "I have been told I have a knack for dancing-the elaborate, ceremonial kinds of things?" Formerly nervous tone lightened at the thoughts of her favorite past-time, a slight smile crossing slim maw before the ivory fairy continued. "And I have a little past-time as a soldier..." Her tone faltered a little here, shifting from something more enjoyable to something far less fun. This comment was not entirely a lie either- her father had trained his young in the ways of the soldier, but it had been so long ago, while she was very young. She remembered much of those lessons like crystal, but fighting was not something she enjoyed doing. Just leaving those to sink into the feathered brute's head for a moment, she pondered anything else she could say that might help her get into the pack... or at least offer some condolences to her lack of skills. Finally, silver marked maw opened once more.

"I'm terribly sorry I don't have much to offer beyond these... the only other 'skill' I can think of is really not a skill at all..." She offered up another sheepish grin, chuckling lightly. She was slowly getting more confident in her words and mannerisms, comforted by Dawali's non-threatening presence. He wouldn't attack her for no reason, right? Or even if she was unacceptable? Malnourished fairy resumed her words with a slight flick of her tail. "I am willing to learn. Anything that would be of use to your way of life, I will learn, if you'll have me." A slow, fluid bow of ivory cranium followed this statement, hopes high that maybe, just maybe, she had said something right. Even the slightest bit of interest in her, anything at all, would be an accomplishment.
[/html]
[html]

Thou art correct! sorry for the little wait on this one, I had a university assignment due today, had to be delivered by interne before 00:00 and I've been sitting with it all day. 'tis around 23:45 now so.. just in time! Tongue
Word Count: --

Her nervousness did not seem to diminish, and Dawali thought, slightly unsettled, that perhaps he should have come down from his seat after all. However, he hadn't done so this far, and it would be strange to do so now. Instead, he focused on being as pleasant as possible, and maybe to get this encounter over quickly. The poor girl was probably eager to get started anyway, if it came to acceptance, and eager to get on her way if the result was not. He smiled again as he listened to her speak of her positive traits, and thought to himself that never had anyone been turned away from membership among them anyway. And his large pool of trust had not failed him thus far; none of the members had turned out to be murderous killers. The second he believed she was finished (the silence between them had lasted long enough for that), she spoke again, now apologizing for her 'lack of skills'. As she continued to explain, he made a gesture with his hand, as if dismissing her apology. "Willingness to learn new things is more valuable than having acquired skills already." He paused, simply looking at her, hoping that his gaze was interpreted the way he meant it to - reassuring. "I think you will fit in nicely, Ailbhe." Rarely was he as short-spoken as this, but his mind was so heavily occupied with other thoughts lately.

[/html]
[html]
Oh no! Please, excuse this wait. Work is terrible, you see. |D Oh! And, does this mean the thread is basically done, or are you gonna take her back to the Village? And then I get the neat-o feather by her name?
WC: --

Quartz plume curled between spindly limbs as the northerner fae listened to her verdict, caught up in the Chieftain's eyes. Oh what an unworthy wraith she was in comparison to his brilliance- like snow to sunlight, Ailbhe could merely reflect the glorious beauty of the brute before her. How could he not find fault in her specter like form, thin and frail, white and ghastly as a ghost. Finally, his verdict seemed to be reached, and after he paused a moment to gaze at the malnourished banshee before him he completed his sentence. Nervous wraith-spun lady fell into yet one more bow of sorts.

"I'm sorry to have..." Began snowy pelted female, before she actually heard what he had said."Really?" The four-year old said, amazement and shock coloring her voice. Icy blue orbs focused in awe upon remnant of red sun mounted before her. Excited, happy was the wanderer fae. No longer would she wander. No longer would she scrap for morsels to survive. No longer would she be alone. No more loneliness.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you so much! I promise to honor your trust!" Bright, unhindered smile crossed slim jawline, brandishing ivory daggers in a non-threatening manner. Thrilled with the prospect of a new pack of friends to meet, Ailbhe's snowy harks raised and fluffly plume wagged in anticipation. How many were there for her to meet? Were there any pups about? Oh, the culture she could learn! Where in the world should she begin?

[/html]
[html]

We try to finish joining threads as rapidly as possible, in order for the new member to start roleplaying on their own asap. So, this thread is now finished, and you don't have to post again.
Please consider our website, especially our rules on the spirit guides and professions. Let me know if you have decided on a profession, and PM me (or Ember) if you have any questions at all! :]
And yes, I've already sent a request for your pretty feather Wink
Word Count: 327

The femme's face kepts its nervous folds even as his sentence was completed. He looked at her curiously, listening to the beginning of an apology of sorts. But, once she realized what he had said, her face changed altogether: now there was joy, and some disbelief? Surely, she did not think as badly of herself, that no one would take her in. He lived by few social rules, but one of them was to help whenever possible. Even if this female had had no skills at all would he have taken her in, for it was quite obvious she was in need of a home and companionship, lest the winter might consume her. He would not have her life on his conscience, and as she seemed both polite and amiable, he saw nothing wrong with letting her say. He smiled earnestly at her promise not to let him down, and as he spoke he moved his hands and gestured towards the village lights. "Your rank will be Itse until you take up a profession - there are others among our members that can train you in what you wish to do. See that strong light over there? Our ceremonial fire; you will find it in the heart of our village. If you wish, you can set up a hut to serve as your den there, or you can live in a different place; it is your choice." Smiling, he took up his reins again, and soon clucked to get Belle to start moving. His work here was done, and he knew that several other individuals were around the village right now. He was being selfish, for once, but it was time he exercised that right, having not done so in several years. Hopefully Ailbhe would not feel less welcome because of this. Before the Kalona left her completely, he spoke a simple sentence, enhanced with a wave of the hand. "Welcome, Ailbhe, and I'll see you around."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.