I'm just a Whisper
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OCC: This is my temp Character Whisper. She is bringing in Svara's daughter night as an NPC for now.

Whisper sat down with the pup in her jaw. The black ball of fluff wiggled in her grasp trying to free her tiny body so she may jump around on the ground. Finally giving into the infantes demands she set her down gently and watched her do little puppy squirms on her still young legs. At three weeks old Night wasn't very coordinated or useful. Whisper still couldn't keep the grin off her face as she watched the little bundle. It hurt to see the healthy black pup and know it wasn't her own child.

She had left her home in search of Svara Thames. The women had left Night with her, but she had seen the complete pain in the womens eyes when she had left the child. Whisper still didn't understand why she had left her when there had been so much love in the mothers eyes. Though she had been Scarred and harsh in additude, Whisper didn't think that there were much better mothers in the world. The red she wolf had told her she would return soon, but when she hadn't worry had set into Whisper.

She had owed Svara after the healer had saved her a sure death in childbirth. Her pups hadn't survived, but the red female had made sure that she had lived through the ordeal. The grey she wolf remembered even now Svara telling her not to cry over the dead infantes, that it was never meant to be. Leaning down she let her tounge drift over Night's back, the little girls puppy fur soft. A soft mewing came from her as she moved on very wobbly legs towards her nipples to nurse. Whisper didn't object to her action, but she couldn't help but admit the pup ate like she was starved.

Sniffing the air she was sure she had found the pups mothers location. The area reeked of Svara. Whisper only waited a moment before grabbing the sable girl by her scruff and jogging on and following the scent. It hadn't been to hard to follow Svara, since she had known what general direction to follow, and when she had caught a large scent of wolves she figured the red women had gone towards it. Thankfully she had been correct. Moving deeper into Cour Des Miracle territory she found a cave.

The cave reeked of Svara. Whisper was sure she inhabited the dark area currently. Why hadn't she come back for her daughter then? Had she not planned to come back!? That thought was swiftly let go. The grey she wolf knew that Svara adored her daughter, and would do everything for her. Setting the sable girl down Whisper didn't know what course of action to do. Did the wolves around here know the rustic she wolf? Was it smart to let them know of her presence? She thought it over. Finally she figured the only way she would get anywhere was if she started asking. Throwing back her head she let out a beautiful howl, her voice was her most attractive trait next to her gentle beauty. The song was sweet as it trailed through the land. The sable girl tried to make a noise like it, but only got out a mewing like before.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 373
Okay, I need to go to bed now... xD

Jacquez stomped moodily along the coastline, his shoulders hunched as he glowered at the sand. Last night Svara Thames had killed herself. The memory made him darkly mutter a string of curse words, his black eyes flashing. She had finally found a way to get under his skin, it seemed, but he would never get the final word this time. Never before had one of his packmates taken their own life. Drowned at sea, sure, that was a risk any sailor took; killed in battle, well, that was probably the best way to go; even starvation had its place in his recollections. But suicide? Pah! How was he expected to forgive her for leaving him hanging?

The clear melodious howl streamed through the air, and he reluctantly raised his muzzle, a veritable pout forming on his lips. He was hardly in the mood to deal with a newcomer, although... he could use a distraction. He hated to brood too long on one topic, and lately he had more and more unpleasant things to brood over. Perhaps this would be worth his time.

The lean dog jogged along the sand, heading in the direction of the grotto. The call had been unfamiliar, but did not come from the scent borders. Whoever was summoning him was trespassing. Jacquez huffed, passing the entrance to his own dwelling cave on the way. He would probably hole himself up after this, and drink a lot of booze to make the bad things go away. Perhaps he would get Finn to spend the night alongside him, or ask Heath to share some liquor. He just knew he couldn't stomach Ruri's grief; as much as she needed him right now, the sight of her tears was too unsettling.

He found himself slowing down as the scent trails mingled; the stranger had been tracking Svara right to her home. Jaw clenched, the moody king kicked a spar of driftwood into the rocky wall, watching it clatter harmlessly outside the entrance to the cave. "You are trespassing in the kingdom of the Cour des Miracles. State your name and business," he growled, uncommonly formal. Whoever was lurking in the dead wolf's home, she had better step outside sharply and greet the monarch.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Whisper let her head fall back down as she looked back down at Night. Grinning at the pup she nosed her playfully and the little girl made a small sound close to a mewing giggle. Even this young Whisper could tell the girl was intelligent, and had a strong stable personality. It was something that made her proud, even if the bundle of black fur wasn't her own. Laying down in the cave along Svara's scent and belongings she watched her adopted daughter fall asleep between her paws, her small head resting over her foreleg as she snoozed.

Now she had to figure out why svara had left Night with her, or at least why she hadn't come back for her! It was comforting to sit in the healers den among her scent and things. Right now she lay on a thick deer skin that was soft and comfortable. The light aroma of herbs moved around the large space, hinting to Svara's occupation as a healer. Whisper sighed as her light pale blue eyes looked around her. Something just wasn't right, but she couldn't place it yet.

It didn't take as long as she thought for a voice to dissrupt her thinking. Getting to her paws she didn't even wake Night who rolled over and snoozed on with her little pot belly. Making sure the little girl was safe in the darkness Whisper moved out, his sharp voice caused a slight shock of panic through her. What if these wolves were untamed beasts? What if they hurt her pressious night! It was unlike her to be visious, but there was nothing the mother wolf wouldn't do to protect her adopted daughter.

Lowering her head a little and letting her hairs on her spine stand up she was cautious around the male. "I came for Svara Thames. Do you know her? I have to give her back her....daughter." she was reluctant to admit Night was Svara's, this would mean she would have to give up her baby girl. That alone made her heart start to hurt. It had to be done, no mother wolf should have to endure not having their child and Svara had never wanted to give up Night, Whisper knew it. She waited on the male before her with the missing arm, still holding an offensive position to warn him of how serious she was in protecting the little sable pup.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 300
Jac-jac is mean. :>

Jacquez was a bit taken aback by the light-furred female who emerged; her pale gaze guarded, her stance cautionary. Did she intend to fight him on his own territory? When he towered over her in this form? He snorted dismissively, peering behind her into the gloom of the grotto. She had brought a pup. Somehow their kingdom was swarming with puppies now, one of which belonged to him. This was hardly a daycare center - whoever this wolf was, she had better be staying to raise this kid, or he'd throw them both out this instant.

"You're a day late," he growled, too stung to tread gently around the delicate topic. "Svara Thames is dead. Si vous êtes venus chercher ses conneries, she left behind that damn collar-" Jacquez's grumblings trailed off as he processed the information he had been given. That pup, the little black scrap of fur, it was... Svara's? His look of disbelief was almost comical as he squinted at the slumbering wolf cub, trying to put the pieces together. It wasn't Leroy's, not that he could tell. Nor Haku's. It had happened when she went missing... Had that been some version of maternity leave, why she had left her duties without a word? In her letter, she had apologized, after all... but she certainly had not mentioned childbirth!

He leaned his one arm against the wall of the cave, eying the mother wolf suspiciously. "Is this some kind of joke? It looks nothing like her, and she mentioned nothing of the sort when she returned here." If it was true, he wanted details. He would need some convincing. Was postpartum depression enough to make a young mother throw herself off a cliff? It was one way to get out of parenthood, but a bit extreme in his opinion.

[/html]
[html]

His words left her stunned. Whisper stood there for a second feeling faint and frail, contrary to her huge size. She had never been a small wolf, her name was ironic since she was so large. In that second she felt the world was engulfing her. So Svara had never had any intentions of coming back, she had given Night to her. Her pale blue eyes started to sting and her heart ached in her chest. She felt pain for the red she wolf, her brothers mate, she had been so damaged before he had found her and now she had joined him in death, leaving Night behind.

Swallowing she kept her emotions at bay, thinking of the little girl she had to fend for. The male mentioning a collar made her ears lay flat on her skull as she tried not to let the sobbs come out. That stupid leather thing had been her brothers as well, she had seen Svara wearing it the day she had left Night with her. "That Collar was my brothers. Svara was his mate, he is also Night's father." Whisper said softly as she looked over at the little girl. The male seemed to move closer for a better look before she knew what she was doing a growl emitted from her as if warning him, she shimmied closer to night and between him and the cave enterance. "I don't have to prove anything. If she's.....gone, then I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I just couldn't imagine the pain she endured when she left her with me. I knew something was wrong when she didn't come back." Jogging into the cave Whisper picked up the sable girl from her scruff. Instantly she curled her bottom legs up and came slowly awake. Whisper moved up to face the man again ready to leave this land. Svara was no longer alive, so it was a mute point.

Night looked up at the large male set before her, the little sable girls eyes came open wide and bright against her charcol pelt. Bright blue eyes looked up at Jacquez, her little puppy face half asleep and filled with curiosity at the two legged dog before her. Since Whisper didn't change, it was a strange sight for her. She squirmed until the mother wolf sat her down. The grey she wolf hadn't wanted the girl to fuss now, she wanted to get away from all this, apparently she wasn't welcome here, and she had no proof for these wolf that this was Svara's pup. It was best to get out now. Night wobbled on her baby legs in front of her adopted mother, still looking up at Jacquez with big striking blue orbs.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 344

The grey wolf seemed to crumple, her defensive posturing fading into a weary mourning. Jacquez frowned, uncomfortable around such a strong reaction. Since he could not properly process deep emotions such as grief, he never knew how to act in response. He remained silent, brows furrowing at the mention of "mate". Fallen in love, had she? At least that explained the collar... and the reason she gave birth to the child... "Hmph," he grunted, acknowledging the information.

"Where will you go? It will be winter soon," Jacquez commented idly, examining his claws as though they were more interesting that the woman and her niece. If they really did have a family connection to Svara, then it was their right to stay here... and of course, their creed was not to turn anyone away, should they ask. He was in too surly a mood to outright offer her a place to stay, but it would probably bother him if they did vanish without a trace.

Curiosity was eating away at his broody haze. The kid might grow up to be like her mother... Ugh, it was too strange to picture Svara as a mother. At least she had done him the courtesy of being absent during her pregnancy; he could not stand the sight of distorted bellies. It was just so creepy and... unnatural. He was distracted by the child's squirming - bright blue eyes gazed up at him, dark fur blending in with the shadows of the cavern. Night, did she say?

"I am Jacquez Trouillefou, ruler of this kingdom. If you would like to see the collar, or her note... I can bring them to you later." He regarded the grown wolf imperiously, black eyes studying her pale gaze. If she wanted to befriend Ayita, they could raise the young puppies together. Although it would be interesting to see Leroy's reaction, adding his ex-mate's surprise offspring to his litter. The tall dog shuffled his footpaws in the sand, impatiently awaiting her reply. It was as close of an invitation as she would get.

[/html]
[html]

Whisper was still reluctant to accept the red she wolfs death. Had so much happened so quickly? Her brother and now his mate, all she had left was her niece. Night looked up at her Aunt as if she could feel something was wrong, like always the child didn't dissappoint as she gave a grin. As the grey she wolf thought the little girl waddled her way closer to the large male. She ran into his large foot and her small sharp teeth started chewing on his digits. Sinking her teeth into his flesh as she nibbled quit furosiously.

Whisper saw this and quickly picked the girl up by her scruff and putting her closer to her again. His words had caused her stomach to drop. She could protect herself from winter, but what about the little girl? Was she as strong as the sable pups real mother? Even she knew she wasn't. Whisper may Dwarf Svara and may other wolfs with her huge body, but she was no fighter, she was passionate and determined, but not all that strong.

"I don't know what I'm going to do." She said it meekly, almost to herself.

His offer made her look up with pale eyes. "I'd like that. The collar, she wished you to take care of it?" The grey she wolf understood how much the leather scrap had meant to Svara, and she couldn't imagin her not wanting well of it. Whisper remembered her brother wearing it. "She probably joined him in death. It was for the best I'm sure, but she shouldn't have left her little girl like this." Her pale blue orbs looked at the black ball of fur who was waddling around some more. Her own eyes were not a match for nights, who's were like an aqua and teal that show so bright it was distracting at times. Of course it didn't matter since her eyes could still change color before she reached a month old.

Whispers blue eyes filled with tears as she finally let it all sink in what was going on. "What the hell am I going to do! I can't do this! How can I protect her? I'm not as strong as Svara! Damn it all!" The grey she wolf growled to herself. Night could feel her mothers distress and her own puppy ears lay flat on her skull as she mewed her puppy noises. Looking back at Jacquez it was almost as if the black pup glared at him blaming him for the distress he had caused her mother.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 372
ooc: Your avatar is so pretty, btw! Big Grin

Jacquez's hackles bristled upright as the orphan bumped into his footpaw, automatically sinking her puppy fangs into his toes. He growled, trying to resist kicking the devilspawn into the rock wall to teach her a lesson. The caretaker wolf moved quickly to pull her from harm's way, and Jac let his prickling fur smooth down, ears pressing flat against his head with annoyance. Perhaps it was Svara's kid after all.

"I'll leave the collar in your care, then. You have the most claim to it." He didn't directly answer her question, since she would see the letter soon enough anyway. Perhaps Svara had left the collar behind deliberately, knowing her sister-in-law would would eventually seek her out. If he had been capable of empathy, he might have felt sorry for the poor aunt, arriving just one day too late. Instead, he just mused at the sick irony - that collar was bad luck, killing its owners. He wanted nothing more to do with it.

The grey-furred wolf broke down before him, unable to remain strong any longer. Jacquez jutted his jaw, trying to compose what to say in order to make the tears stop. He didn't know what it was that made women cry so frequently, only that it made him testy and uncomfortable. He was still raw from losing Svara for good, but rather than grieve like a healthy person, he would rather lash out irrationally and drown in alcohol. "Svara said she loved this pack. Since her position is vacant, you may take her place here as a pack member, if you wish. There's another young mother here you could share child duties with."

The word "child" left a bitter taste in his mouth, and he stared incredulously at the mewling black pup. Why did anyone want to create such nuisances? He would have to remember to steer clear of this cave in the future, the same way he avoided Leroy's cabin now. Unfortunately, this cavern was much closer to his own grotto. He raised an eyebrow, glaring back at the little girl as though to warn her against trespassing. She would be growing up here, then. He would be seeing more of her whether he wanted to or not.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Thanks! I wanted her to be really pretty, but like a jolly green giant LOL she's very sensitive about her massive size

Whisper looked at him with skeptical pale eyes. Why would he so willingly let her stay, when he didn't even believe her plite? The mother wolf found herself frowning, her beautiful features distorted with the look. Night stood between her two legs looking up at Jac still with threatening blue eyes, there was a fire in the little pup even at three weeks old. Whisper nodded to him after a few moments accepting his offer for a home. She was sure he meant them no harm, this had been Svara's home it could be theirs.

The Grey she wolf let her ears flatten on her skull as she watched the king. His comment on her brothers leather collar hadn't escaped her, and even angered her slightly. Svara hadn't known her well, she had trusted her because her brother had (svara's mate). Svara took Night's word very seriously, and his opinion. The red women still hadn't devulged much about herself to Whisper while they had spoken. It was unnerving how harsh this man spoke of the recently dead women.

Growing agitated by his snappy additude the she wolf felt her beautiful face distort with anger. "If this is how you treated my sister, then I am not surprised she took her life. Fine give me the collar, but don't ask for it back." The mother wolf was angry at him now, even with his offer to give her a home he had been nothing but rude. Maybe Svara hadn't been loved around here... Was this the right decision?

[/html]
[html]
Short post is short, wrappin' this up! We can have a newer thread whenever you like. Smile

The wolf's sweet face twisted with defiance, her pale eyes growing hard with rejection and anger. But Jacquez let a slow smile spread on his face, amused by her defensive reaction, even chuckling under his breath. "This is how she wanted to be treated. She was abrasive, rash, headstrong, vulgar in every way. How well could you have known her? Did she tell you I made her my second-in-command?"

He raised his eyebrow, challenging her. Svara had kept her secrets well from both sides. Jac still found it hard to believe the little dark-furred whelp was his former Constable's pup. Still, stranger things had happened. The mirth in his eyes faded abruptly, mood swinging back to his former surliness. "I have not taken another leader since. I lead alone. You would do well to not question my decisions... I will not ask for the collar back." The tall Optime exhaled in a huff, his inscrutable gaze lingering on little Night for a moment longer before he breezed out of the cave, back into daylight.

[/html]