Winter song
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ptable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

This is in the unclaimed, southern part of Overgrowth Sunrise
The pups look like the ones in this table :]
Word Count: 392

The children giggled. They toppled around each other in the grass by her feet, getting rid of their excess energy. She had shifted for the first time after their birth only days ago, and they had spent a long time getting used to her shape. Now, they were used to it by far, but it was most practical to be in the lupus form when they craved meals. Still, they had begun to nibble the meat she brought home some weeks ago, and she was proud to see that they enjoyed both the meat they could nibble off themselves, and the meat she brought them from her own body. In addition to the milk, they gained weight quickly, and the oldest were already plump and looking well-fed. The smallest one, Vesle, looked not as healthy, but perhaps that was simply because she was smaller. Apparently, it was not uncommon, and such weaknesses might even out with time. To think that they would be fully weaned in just a month was unbelievable to the new mother, and she already dreaded the day the litter of three wished to sever the tight bond of the family by starting their own. Now, after all the anxiety she had felt, all was full of love.

Her fingers plucked the strings calmly, eyes watching the three and her voice humming lightly. She'd brought them out here so they could —already now— start to see the world, and other places than the packlands. Though, part of it was that she had wished for privacy from the pack's ears. She had not played her instruments in months, and she had longed to do so ever since she realized she could not shift because of the litter around her waist. Now, her front claws were shortened so her fingers could better find the strings. Soft tones sprung from the instrument: the player did not notice her surroundings outside the idyllic image of her three children playing in the grass. Grass that would soon be covered in snow as white as her own pelt, and the song upon her lips fit: it was an old song of the winter, although she did not know that. She had merely read the melody somewhere, and it was pleasing to the ear as much as the sight before her was pleasing to the eye.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... remake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
©table code and image to jacoby: Thanks so much for starting! <33

BIC: Daisuke was in a good mood. It had been two days of providing for the bitch and her whelp, and he was still able to function enough to walk around. He had not gotten too much sleep in the past two nights, only because he was worried that something might come in the night and he might be too dead asleep to notice that there was danger. So he stayed up most of the night, and dozed off only two or three hours before sunrise, and then he had to leave the den and find food for the three. Now you may be asking...Does Daisuke already have a family here? Well, no, he didn't sire any pups. He had no family here. So your next question is: Why is Daisuke taking care of a bitch and whelp that were not his own? The answer to that was that Daisuke had found the two, the mother half dead, and the boy almost motherless. He couldn't not help them. They were in danger, and one was about to loose her life. He was too nice, and therefore he stopped and helped them. He invited them to one of his many different chosen dens, and offered to take care of them until they were able to leave. That meant that he needed to hunt for not only one, but three. You are now thinking "What the fuck, Daisuke. How are you going to pull that off?" Truth is that Daisuke always was hunting for more than himself. So he didn't have much of a problem in that category.

His staff hit the ground softly as he walked along, his own melody going on and on in his musical little brain. The scents and noises around him were drown out by his own melody, and his eyes closed, fingers snapping to an imaginary beat until the beat of another had thrown the boy off of his own beat, and it made him stop. His eyes opened, and he looked around. There was not one in sight, but he could hear the sound of something else. The golden boy continued to walk, trying to find the source of the music. He moved swiftly now, his azure orbs looking for the source of the music. He rather liked the sound of the melody, and he was excited to see what it was. He trotted along now, his staff only hitting the ground every third or fourth step that he took. The boy took an extra two or three minutes before he finally saw the scene of a mother with her pups. The mother (he supposed) was holding a wooden contraption that he had never seen before. (There were a lot of those types of things here) Daisuke couldn't help but approach the feomora with a bright smile on his face, though he did make sure he was cautious. He did not want to approach and then get his face ripped off by the mother whom would obviously be protective over young ones. Daisuke's audits pulled back submissively as he approached, and he dared not to come too close, maybe like 10 feet away from the children. Hello! I was admiring your music.. Can I ask what exactly that is, m'lady? he asked, as he pointed to the guitar. He made such a pretty sound, and he really liked it. His tail wagged gently behind him as he awaited an answer from the ivory mistress.

Word count:578
speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ptable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

No problem!
Word Count: ---

Their tranquility was broken by a stranger's scent on the wind, and Mew's fingers ceased to move as her nose took charge. Male; stranger; not from Dahlia de Mai. Her pups were oblivious to the male's presence nearby, but Mew rose to stand closer to them. Any stranger showing even a glimmer of hostility would get an unpleasant introduction to her fangs and claws. She had not suffered so much as she had only to give up everything because she was careless. When the male finally came into view she stood ready, her guitar resting behind her against a dead, fallen tree.

He spoke, and neither his voice nor his demeanor was threatening (quite the opposite!), but one could never know. She kept her stance, though her suspicion lessened somewhat, and her voice was calm and pleasant when she replied.
"My music is my own." Not because she had made it, because she hadn't, but because she had come here to be alone with it. "It is a guitar", she said, hand pointing towards it behind her. "I'm glad you like it though." Half a smile was granted the male, before she urged again; "Tell me, what brings you here?" Only when she knew his intention could she know if he was a threat.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... remake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
©table code and image to jacoby

BIC: The woman had stood up, and slung her guitar behind her. She looked in his direction with caution, like any mother would do to a scent of a male that they did not know. My music is my own. well that was good. She liked to make her own music, like he. She actually had a way for everyone to hear her music though, while Daisuke was stuck jamming to his own beat in his head. The sentence made him nod his head eagerly. So you actually can make your own music. he concluded with a friendly/submissive smile and a wag of his bushy tail. He still stood that same distance away from the pups and their mother, finding it quite rude if he was to advance closer without permission from the feo first. He did not want to anger her, for angry mother's were as bad as stepping into a rose bush unknowingly. They might be pretty, even beautiful, but as soon as you step in there, your leg is going to get all kinds of caught on thorns, and your skin ripped and bleeding. He did not want to risk this one either. It is a guitar. A guitar? He liked even the name of it. He wanted one. I'm glad you like it though. she let a half smile appear on her lips, and Daisuke returned the favor with his own full one. Oh, yes, m'lady, It was beautiful! One of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. he spoke, rather excitedly before she urged him. Tell me, what brings you here? she asked him, and he cocked his head lightly, and then a thoughtful look appeared on his face. What exactly was he doing here? Well, he was a loner, not to mention an adventurer, so that's more than likely what he was doing, and he was also hoping that he ran by some form of meal to bring back to Lady Alaine and Caillen.

Well. I was looking for a meal for three at first, but then my feet wanted to adventure, so I started to adventure, and my adventure brought me here. he spoke, his hand pushing his staff into the ground so it would stand by itself, and then he leaned lightly on it. The skull's nose was pointed towards the children and mother. But your music was so beautiful, it took me out of my music world and made me find where it was coming from. he explained to her, his tail still wagging behind him lightly. He then quickly decided that he too wanted to be able to make such beautiful music. M'lady...Would you mind teaching me to make such beautiful music? I know nothing of these instruments, but I would love to learn. he asked, before he realized that he didn't even say his name before he asked her to teach him. Oh, how rude of me. My name is Daisuke Ghanjai-Urahazu. I'm a wanderer, not of any pack. he spoke to her, still being as polite as he could to her, since she had something that Daisuke wanted. And that...That was the gift of music..

Word count:
speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 383

The stranger's conclusion was different than what she had meant, but it was ok. She did make her own music, but what he had heard had not been created by her. It didn't matter, and she let the sentence slide without a comment. She blushed at his compliment and mumbled a faint Thank you, but chose not to speak further on that either. She was bad at taking compliments, and did not want an entire conversation around whether she was talented or not. She liked her music and she had been taught by some nice folks, but she didn't really know whether she was a talented person - or just one well trained. When he started talking of his reason for being here, she felt herself relaxing more, but was still tense and her eyes did still glance from the male to the children every so often.

The way he phrased himself was strange to her, but maybe he was new to this place. Foreigners did have a different way about them, as she had learned when traveling two years ago. Her tail made a little jerk as he mentioned feeding three - so he had a family too?! She loved talking about families now that she had one. In fact, there was no other subject she'd rather talk about, but music held a strong second place. "So you have a family, too?" She smiled, interested.

His request to learn the art of music broadened her smile; she was teaching Alexey to play the piano, and she enjoyed every second of it. She learned so much by teaching others that it became a resource of growth in itself, although she had had little time for that after the litter was born. She was about to speak when he interrupted himself and gave his name. Mew gave a little smile again. "My name is Mew, and those three are Dexter, Keeleigh and Vesle." The trio looked up as they heard their mother speak their names, but quickly went back to playing. "I.. can certainly teach you, but it's not done in a day, I think." Unless you're very very talented. Her head was cocked sideways as she looked at him, before it her hand moved in a gesture that told him to come closer.

[/html]
[html]
©table code and image to jacoby

BIC: He had looked to the children the second she had mouthed the words "Thank you" and he didn't hear the mumble either, so he ultimately didn't catch it. So you have a family, too? she asked him. He perked his ears at the question and then chuckled lightly. Not exactly, m'lady. You see, I came across a mother and her whelp last night. They were hungry, and weak, so I had to bring them back to my place to help them out. Ya' know, it's rude to leave a wounded soldier on your front porch. he spoke, speaking to the female with a casual tone, like it wasn't anything special that he did t help someone. His tail wagged gently though, his eyes still getting distracted by the playing children. My name is Mew, and those three are Dexter, Keeleigh and Vesle. she spoke, introducing herself and the three children. He noticed how each of them pricked their heads as their names were called, but once they had realized that they were just being introduced and not talked to directly, then went straight back to playing. He thought it was funny, and he chuckled lightly. He remembered when he would do that. It wasn't that long ago.

I.. can certainly teach you, but it's not done in a day, I think. she went on to speak. I'm sure it doesn't. As long as you can teach me, then I will let you teach me. I have nothing better to do after Lady Alaine and Little Caillen leave. he spoke to her, nodding his head lightly as he tapped the top of the deer skull that sat upon the top of his staff. He saw her motion to come closer, and he did so, before he smiled lightly. So let's start. Where do you think I could find one of these guitars? Is there someone whom makes them that you know of? Or something? he asked, his head cocking lightly, while he put his chin on his hand that had been sitting on top of the deer skull on his staff.

Word count:350
speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, and for the length of this oO Word Count: 543

She smiled and nodded as he explained how the two were not his family. It strengthened her perception of him as a trustworthy individual, that he would not only take in a wounded mother and her child, but also actively attempt to feed and care for them, instead of simply passing them on to someone who were able. It also told her a lot about his paternal instincts, in a way. She didn't linger on these thoughts, but moved on, turning her attention fully to what he was saying. When he finished she smiled again, and gave a little laugh.

The male chuckled at the three small ones as they reacted to their names, then continued playing. That was their world, now. Playing, eating and sleeping, and not much else. Little did they know of sorrow or pain, and their world would continue like that as long as she could help it, for she had suffered far too much for one as young as herself. Barely a year older than the average age for a new mother, she still had seen and done a number of things she wished undone, and she had no family except her little baby brother. His shadow loomed over his own daughter, and sometimes the alabaster femme doubted his sincerity, his good, but the feeling disappeared when she met him.

He accepted her offer, and she smiled while answering his question. Her guitar was precious to her, part because it was her first ever instrument beside her voice, and part because she had built it herself. Not by crafting piece by piece, but by finding broken guitars of the same brand and piecing it together. It looked it; the handle was a different coloration than the body, and the self-created strings looked a little out of place, with end pieces hanging down from the tuners. She had found in a book that traditionally, humans had produced their guitar strings from animal parts, and so she had begun collecting these parts from her prey animals. "I have built mine myself, as you can probably see..." turning back, she fetched the guitar and turned it over in front of him, pointing to the places where one could see that it two pieces not originally made for each other had been joined. "... but I was lucky to find the pieces. I found them at an old human building in my packlands. I'm sure if you search or if someone allows you to enter their lands you could find one, or pieces of one. If you find pieces I could aid you in putting it together." Smiling gently, again, she grabbed the neck with her right hand and with her left hand plucked some strings, forming the simplest of all chords one could make on a guitar. The little children looked up as they heard the sound, but continued their play not long after. "Basically, you pull and release the strings, and depending on where on the strings you press with your hand up here, the tones are different. Here, have a try." Carefully, she handed him the guitar, eager to see if he had grasped the basic concept. Teaching the piano for Alexey was different than this, and she was curious.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... etable.png); background-color:#c40000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: 'Tis totally cool.

mary Jane, I Feel Silly When You Pass Me Way,
you Know I Feel The Same,
i Come Around Here For Another Day,
you Won't Cause Me Trouble,
you Always Seem To Be My Source Of Pain... Relief!
woah, I'm Not Like You, Baby I'll Change.

and I Say, Whatcha Doin' Today, But You Wanna Go
there's This Place I Know Where We Can Rock,
maybe Roll A Little, Take My Hand It's Not That Far,
here My Friends, Please Don't Be Alarmed,
but They Want Some Of What You Got,
so Make With The Goods And Maybe We'll Write You A Song.

The feo took her guitar out from behind her back. I have built mine myself, as you can probably see.. she showed him the details, and he could in fact see that the two pieces were different from each other and that they more than likely didn't belong to each other. Daisuke would have to hunt, that was for sure. . but I was lucky to find the pieces. I found them at an old human building in my packlands. I'm sure if you search or if someone allows you to enter their lands you could find one, or pieces of one. If you find pieces I could aid you in putting it together. The feo explained. Pftt, like Daisuke needed permission to go on lands. Daisuke was a wanderer, and a wanderer wanders wherever his feet decide to take him. If he happened to find himself on packlands, well, then he was on packlands. If someone attacks him, it was all just a game. He'd just have to adventure his way right back out of a pickle. He had his warnings though. He knew what not to do. He did not let his rebellious side show infront of the ladies, but you know, half the adventure was the struggle. The struggle was the best part in his opinion. I will be on a hunt for them. Once I depart here, on my rabbit run I'll be sure to look around. he answered, nodding his head, and storing it under a upside down bucket in his mind. Again, he would eventually go and see that bucket that was overturned and turn it right side up, which would release the memory about the guitar. He was one of those people who had to make random shit up to make sure he remembered it.

Basically, you pull and release the strings, and depending on where on the strings you press with your hand up here, the tones are different. Here, have a try. she held the guitar, and plucked a few strings before handing it over to him. His tail wagged excitedly as he shoved his staff into the soft ground deep enough for it to stand on it's own, and then he gently grasped the guitar and flipped it over so he could hold it like she was. He then pressed his left hand on the biggest string, and on it's first fret. His right hand then strummed the one cord. He moved his hand to the second string, first fret. He went through the process with all of the strings, listening to each individual sound. He smiled lightly. Lady Mew, this is the most awesome thing I've ever seen. And I've seen some pretty cool things. he spoke, looking up at her and offering a small chuckle.

Sometimes I don't know why I try Because it's easier to die than to get by, than to get by And you and me, we can be buddies, we can be bloody

mall fonts; text-align:right;">table by Jacoby
Image by Alaine

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 531

Her face smiled at him as he told her he'd be on the lookout. In one way she did not believe he would be as lucky as she had been in finding the pieces, but there were many places in this world she had never visited, and she had hope that he would find what he wanted. It felt nice to share her passion with someone; it always did. So few knew this side of her properly. Haku had surely never appreciated it, but she could not force it upon anyone. It sure was nice when someone shared her interest, though. It made a nice change.

The male took her guitar and held it like she had shown him, testing every string and their individual sounds; promising, she thought. It was good to learn the sounds, and to learn to distinguish between them. They were all different, she believed, and they had their different qualities. After reading many books on human music theory, she knew there were things called scales and such, and one day a long time ago she had sat down and played through them, one by one. C major, D major, E major, all of them. And even though the intervals were described as the same in the theory book, she could hear the different voices in the different scales. She heard their tales, and saw that they were not the same. Even more different were the church modes, and those were the ones she had pulled the closest to her heart. Like her children, wildly individual and yet the same, were the scales she had befriended during the years she had spent mastering the guitar. Her eyes would never cease to shine at the tones of her instrument: not as long as she was alive.

He called her 'lady' and she blushed, gone too long without male company not to feel the awkwardness. Even Lubomir, sweet-talker as he had been, had called her that. Yet, then, she had been a white anger with the soprano voice of a young child, his heorine in every way. It seemed, it had not been enough for him. Shaking the thought, she chuckled along with his chuckle, smield at his comment with a slight nod, and continued to the lesson. She pointed to two strings on the second fret, the next-to lowest one, and the one below it. "Press them with your index and middle finger. Take care not to let your fingers touch the other strings as it will ruin the tones, press the strings down firmly in the middle of those two lines, and hold the position. Then take your other thumb and let it glide softly over all the strings from top to bottom." Pausing, she waited to see what he would do. "It is an E minor chord. A set of three tones make a chord, and minor chords are often said to carry sadness in their voice." A mirror of her tragic life, some of the minor chords were her favourites, particularly the F minor. For some reason, she had always felt as if it was stronger than the other minor chords: stronger, and yet sadder.

[/html]
[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wnwsnk.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 90px; text-align: justify;">
OOC: This table is by Snake (alex). You seriously ninja-ed this post. I did not see it until like today. Also extremely shitty and short. Sorry.

Press them with your index and middle finger. Take care not to let your fingers touch the other strings as it will ruin the tones, press the strings down firmly in the middle of those two lines, and hold the position. Then take your other thumb and let it glide softly over all the strings from top to bottom. she went on with the lesson after offering the boy a chuckle. Daisuke listened to her pretty voice and followed her directions. He pressed down the first two strings down with his index and middle finger in between the two lines she indicated and then strummed all the strings with his thumb on his other hand. He listened to the sound not only once, but twice. He looked at her and nodded his head. It is an E minor chord. A set of three tones make a chord, and minor chords are often said to carry sadness in their voice. she explained to him what it was called, and then she told him what minor chords seemed to sound more sad. E minor-Sorrow. It does sound sad. the male spoke to Mew, nodding his head. But not all music is sad, right? the male asked, looking up at his teacher, almost innocently.

Daisuke's tail wagged gently behind him. He was excited to learn more and more about the guitar, but he needed to stay still to do so, and he was having a hard time doing so. You could tell by the way he tapped his foot, and the way that he would look over to the children to see what they were doing. He was getting distracted, but as soon as she started to speak to him again, his attention would go right back on her and his guitar lesson.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 318

She watched as he followed her directions closely, finding the chord with his one hand; voicing it with another. He struck it once, twice. Personally, Mew was fond of that particular minor chord; for its simplicity it contained, to her, the sound of both sadness and simple youth. She felt as if it described her early years in a single sound-combination, and she loved it for that.

He agreed with her, and asked a question she was unprepared for. Music was such a given thing around her that she could not imagine a life without it. She had forgotten that not everyone was lucky like that. She smiled annd shook her head as she replied. "Music is as diverse as the individuals in our own world, as our souls. It can express anything you want, be that happiness, sadness, anger or resignation. Some music is also written to describe nature, like birds and how they fly and such." This notion amused her. Sure, nature was beautiful, but she did not understand why the humans made such a big deal of it. Then again, she had seen some old human cities; they were not beautiful. "Here, try a 'happy' chord. Place your index finger on the second fret of that string there." Pausing, she pointed to the string which was number four from the top, or number three from the bottom. "Then place your middle finger on the second fret of the bottom string, and stretch your ring finger forward to the third fret of the string between. When you strum, leave out the top string, because it doesn't belong in the chord. That's a D major chord - major chords have a happier sound." Waiting to see if he got all of that, she watched him, and now little Keeleigh came up to her, to see what her mommy was doing. Silently, mother and daughter watched the male.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace

Music is as diverse as the individuals in our own world, as our souls. It can express anything you want, be that happiness, sadness, anger or resignation. Some music is also written to describe nature, like birds and how they fly and such. she answered to his question. A pierced audit tilted back, giving the boy a confused look, as well as his brow cocking. But the look disappeared as he realized that she was right, that music could be different in many ways. Just like everyone being different from one another. He nodded his head then. Here, try a 'happy' chord. Place your index finger on the second fret of that string there she spoke then, continuing with the lesson. Daisuke let her speak, and teach him, for he wanted to be able to get as much down as he could before it would be time for the mother to feed her pups, or when she needed to put the pups to bed or whatever. Daisuke put his finger on the fourth string that she had indicated and then put it on the second fret. Then place your middle finger on the second fret of the bottom string, and stretch your ring finger forward to the third fret of the string between. When you strum, leave out the top string, because it doesn't belong in the chord. That's a D major chord - major chords have a happier sound. she explained. He followed her instructions clearly, his fingers feeling slightly awkward at the stretch of the fingers, but it made him feel good to be able to learn this, and so he was going to "suffer" from the weird feeling. He'd get used to it.

He played the D major chord a few times, one out of three times he accidentally added the top string when he strummed it, which produced a sound that was different, even to where he could realize the difference. That wasn't right. he said, doing it again, this time, leaving out the first string completely. That's better. So that's a D-major:Happiness.. the male spoke, smiling lightly at the accomplishment. This is hella' fun. Teach me more. the male spoke, his eyes pleading for more.

Speak

[/html]
[html]

Here is a link if you want to see the chords of the melody she plays. I don't want to describe every single one xD Here is also a youtube video of one version. Word Count: 408 - SoSuWriMo

His fingers moved to the correct positions as she instructed him, one by one finding its goal. He struck it several times, corrected himself when the upper string was included once, and Mew smiled. He was catching on quite quickly! The tones releasted from the strings formed a sound which was not as melancholy as the first one, and Mew found herself smiling, her tail giving a wag. Keeleigh poked her nose forward to study the male and her mum's guitar better; she'd never been that interested when Mew had played it, but everything was exciting with strangers. She nodded as he repeated the chord name as if to himself, and elaborated. Music theory had been strange to her the first years, but after a long time of practice it came naturally to her now. "Yep, D-major. And there are a total of 13 chords, both of which have a minor and major variation. So there's a D-minor chord, too, a sad version of this one." In fact, there were many more chords than that, too... but going into detail on an early stage would surely only confuse him. He asked for more though, and more he would get.

"Well I suppose half the fun is to sing along when playing the guitar. Here, I'll teach you a simple lullaby I found in a children's book. It's in another language, I don't know which. Here, let me show you slowly, and you can see if you see the pattern." Taking the guitar back, she formed a clear Am chord so as to show it to him, struck it, and sung slowly. The melody was small, flowing, repetitive and her voice was clear and in a high pitch. She sung this melody often to her small ones, and now Keeleigh watched her curiously: Mew didn't usually sing it outside of bedtime. Bored with her mother and the stranger now, the young one stepped over to play with her siblings again whilst the white femme continued to sing. Once finished, she showed him the chords one by one, naming them. "A-minor, D-minor, G-major, E-Major. That's all you need to know to sing this one. Wanna try?" One could throw in the odd E-major with a seventh on top of it, but for now he didn't need to know that, and she kept it simple. Smiling, she handed him the guitar again. "I can sing it if you're not comfortable with singing."

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace; You keep ninja-ing me with this thread. Sorry for the wait <3 also, slight pp just so they could get the song done. Also, whenever you would like to end this, I'm fine with it.
SSWM:382

Yep, D-major. And there are a total of 13 chords, both of which have a minor and major variation. So there's a D-minor chord, too, a sad version of this one. She verified for the male. She also spoke of a D-minor, and that there were 13 chords in all. 13 didn't seem to be too much for him to handle, though he figured she would only teach him about half of the chords, just so he could practice those and then come back to her to learn more. He nodded his head to her, showing her that he did understand what she was talking about. Well I suppose half the fun is to sing along when playing the guitar. Here, I'll teach you a simple lullaby I found in a children's book. It's in another language, I don't know which. Here, let me show you slowly, and you can see if you see the pattern. she then went on to speak, and she took the guitar back from him (which he gladly let her have back since she was the owner of it in the first place.) And he simply watched and listened to her. His eyes were on her fingers, observing the different strums of the guitar, and listening to their sound. He seemingly blocked out her singing, for they were in a language that he did not understand. He didn't try to decipher, so he simply blocked it out until she had stopped. His eyes then rose to her as she began to speak to him.

A-minor, D-minor, G-major, E-Major. That's all you need to know to sing this one. Wanna try? she went through each chord slowly as she had said the names of the chords and then she handed him the guitar again. He took it within his hand, and started off to where she had put her fingers for the A-minor. Before he could strike the chord though, she spoke again, asking him if he wanted her to sing. He smiled and nodded his head. I don't know the words. Even if I did, I doubt I'd be able to pronounce them right.. So you should sing, yes. he spoke before he started to count down within his head. He kept the beat by lightly tapping on the guitar's hollow body before positioning his hands on the guitar, and mimicking her own melody she had done before his eyes. The male did have a photographic memory, so once he had seen her make this melody, he had no problem remembering each chord she had struck. He had mimicked the song flawlessly, going through it several times before he had finished off the song, her voice ringing out with the melody, beautiful in his eyes. The golden male held a bright smile on his maw, and his tail wagged gently.

That was good, right?

Speak

[/html]
[html]

Muhaha, I am ninja-Marit! ;> Maybe if you post again, or we do two more rounds'ish on this thread? We can see how it fits? I've started ending it anyways — it's getting slightly outdated!
Word Count: 617 - SoSuWriMo

He paid attention well, and watched her fingers keenly as she played and sang the song. There were only four chords to it, not too hard for a beginner, and she sung two verses that were the same in melody and chord; the only difference was in the lyrics. As she sung and struck the chords in the right order, she laid her eyes on this new acquaintance's face, finding it fascinating to watch him think. Some looked so different when concentrating, and it was clear to her that his mind was fully focused on the movements of her fingers. Still, she sung clearly, a quiet soprano that pierced the winter air around them firmly, but softly. Byssan lull, koka kittelen full, där kommer tre vandringsmän på vägen... She had no idea what they meant, but she had found it in several books, and often there were images of three men in strange coats, and sometimes three ships or three trees. It was always three, though what it could mean she had no idea. She enjoyed it for its melody and the strangeness of its words, though she no doubt pronounced it far from how the language was really spoken. It was excotic, yet strangely beautiful, and it wrapped itself comfortably around her mind as she sang it, lulling her into another realm entirely.

She nodded as he said he wanted her to sing the song, and she cleared her throat a little as if to signalize that she was ready. In fact, she did not know why she had done it because her throat had not needed clearing, though playing with another person seemed to her as a different situation than singing on her own, and the signal had come naturally. He struck the tempo on the body of the guitar and Mew sung as he struck the chords in the correct order, singing the same verse several times over. The children stopped their play and watched the two as the played together, not used to someone else playing momma's guitar, and noticing the difference. Mew had years of practice, and her sound was different — she played it differently. It seemed they accepted this version as well, for they soon continued their play and ignored the adults completely, and as Mew sung the final tone of the melody she saw them and laughed a small and quiet, muffled laugh at them. Children were endlessly amusing to her. As the tones grew weaker but lingered in the air, Mew returned to look at her new-found student, satisified. He had played it correctly, else she would not have taken the liberty of watching her children. He needed little assistance, it seemed, as he was good at memorizing information. "Yeah, that's just right", she smiled, before continuing. "Know what, I have many books with many melodies. If you want to, you can come and visit me. I live in a house in the city inside Dahlia's borders — you can probably find me by scent." Her offer surprised her; rarely did she reach out to virtual strangers like this. But something in this one had made her want to teach him; perhaps his obvious talent, or his enthusiasm. Either way, it was nice to let someone else play while she sung, and she enjoyed his company. Some impulses were harmful, but this one was certainly not, and she was glad her tongue had acted before her mind had seen fit to stop it. Smiling, her green eyes studied him as she awaited an answer, and her hand reached out to recieve her guitar back. This lesson was over, for the children were fussing and needed their nap.

[/html]
[html]
James made this sexy table <3
OOC: Seriousness man. We can do another round and then end it. <3 --SSWM: 427

Yeah, that's just right. his eyes were on her, and he smiled brightly. He felt good that he got it right. It was only four chords, but this was something completely new, and he had done well at it. Maybe he'd be able to play as beautifully as Mew Sadira here. Know what, I have many books with many melodies. If you want to, you can come and visit me. I live in a house in the city inside Dahlia's borders — you can probably find me by scent. she offered. Daisuke would have to find Dahlia first. He'd never come across the pack, much less even heard about it. Though, it seemed that his knowledge of the lands was forever expanding. He'd have to find the place, and see this Mew at some later point in time. When he could find all the parts for his guitar, or just find someone to give one to him. "I don't know how to read.. But you can help me with that too, I suppose." the male reached his hand behind his head and gave a small chuckle and a shrug. "But yeah! I'll certainly come to see you, Miss Mew. You and your little ones, with how adorable they are. Dexter, Keeleigh and Vesle." the islander spoke, pointing at each of the children as he spoke their names, hoping that he got it right with the pups. He already knew that by the time that he saw them again, they would be much bigger. With everyday, the pups grew more and more. He knew that from experience. Everyday was a new adventure. As a pup, he knew that very well.

The male handed back the woman's guitar, not really about to leave with it, since she had put so much time into finding the right parts for it and everything. Daisuke smiled to her, and nodded his head. I'll have a guitar the next time you see me. So then we can play together too. he spoke, his tail wagging lightly behind him as he moved back and towards his staff that had been forced into the ground. He lifted it from it's hole, and then tapped it on the ground to get the access dirt from it's bottom inch or two. Will the winter do? the male asked, his head cocking lightly as he asked the woman if he could visit her in Winter. Winter for him was one of the more down time seasons, simply because he would run the beaches until late fall, and the male's passion for swimming was satisfied by the time winter rolled around, and he's be more on land at that time. That gives him time to find a guitar and practice the song she had taught to him as well.

"Daisuke likes to speak."

[/html]
[html]

;D Sorry for the length, I got carried away :[
Word Count: 695 - SoSuWriMo

He seemed satisfied that he had gotten it right, and he had good reason to! Mew smiled at him as he was quite happily displaying pride and feeling of accomplishment at her praise. The ivory femme felt a trickle of accomplishment as well, ever increasing with every student she had. Alexey did well with her piano, and Conor was learning to read. Now this male, Daisuke, would learn to play the guitar, and Mew felt honored that so many would find her a resource for anything at all. She was glad that she could give something back to those around her, for all she had gained from this world. Had you asked her only months back her mindset would not have been quite like this, but now she was changed. She had expected to die in childbirth, but when she did not, and had three healthy pups, it was like being granted life twice in one go. She had not died, and she had recieved that which she had craved all her life, albeit without a mate. The three little ones were the stars of her evening sky, and the world was now a positive place. He said he could not read, and now Mew chuckled. "The language of music is written in many different ways I'm afraid, but I can just teach you the melodies by demonstrating. You won't have to play others' melodies for long before you start playing your own instead." It had only taken a few months into her own learning process that she began to create her own melodies, and those were the ones she liked to play and sing the most. That, and her mother's lullaby, a melody whose words she did not remember. It was sad and beautiful, and uplifting all at once, laden with the warm embrace of a mother. She sung it to her own children, too. That was her way of passing a piece of her mother on. Daisuke shrugged and accepted her invitation. Yes, indeed her children were adorable. The minds of each one popped out of the play-world and into the real world for a moment as he spoke their names. Ears moving this way and that, they said nothing but looked at him with strange faces for a little while until they decided that it was all boring adult-talk after all, even though their names had been mentioned. How silly of the adults, to interrupt them in the important game of play-time. Mew chuckled at them and shook her head, before letting her emerald gaze return to the male and allowing her face to split into an earnest smile. "I'm looking forward to it."

He handed her guitar back to her, and stated that he would have one of his own by the timehe came by. Mew had never played together with anyone before, and so this created new possibilities for her. You could only accompany your own for so long before you craved something new, something exciting. While of course the same old was still as beautiful as it had been before, it was still exactly that; the same old. Once it reached that point one craved something new again, even if the old was still more than adequate. A little wag danced along Mew's tail and she smiled again now, nodding eagerly. "Playing together'll be lovely!" Who knew what melodies could dance between the tones they would create together? Would they be able to catch them? Her line of thought was broken as he asked her if the "winter would do", and she was confused for a moment, almost so that her head tilted sideways a little. It didn't, but it was close. Then, suddenly, she realized what he meant and she smiled again. She was too used to the same people around her all the time, so that when her langauge was challenged, she failed miserably. "The winter is fine." He could come at any time for all she cared. It was always nice with visitors. "If you find the border but can't find your way from there, just howl for me and I'll come to lead the way."

[/html]
[html]
ooc talk; James made this sexy table <3
Don't apologize <3 I don't care about the length of your post. It helps you with SSWM. <33, this'll be Daisuke's last post in here. you can post again, or we could archive it. SSWM: 596

CRASH,CRASH, BURN!
Let it ALL BURN!

The feo was quick to explain to him that the language of music was different in a way than the regular language that the humans spoke and wrote. This fact made Daisuke's brain hurt a little bit, just because of the thought of having to learn to read music, and then learning to read the regular human language. It was a lot on his brain. Regardless, he smiled at her and nodded his head."That would be incredibly awesomeness." the male spoke to her, the same smile still plastered on his golden maw. She then went on to speak that she would be looking forward to his next visit. He nodded his head excitedly. "As do I!" the three words were spoken with such excitement. It was impossible to say that he wasn't looking forward to their next meeting.

She told him that she'd love to play with him the next time they met as well. Daisuke too would love to play, which meant that he needed to seek a guitar and fast. Once he had the guitar, he'd have to go to Mew's House and play with her. Daisuke's tail wagged lightly. She also verified to him that the winter would be a fine time to visit. So that meant that Daisuke had the time to get a guitar and time for the fall to really die out so he'd be completely land ridden. The winter was always the time where Daisuke could not be in the water, for the fact that the temperatures got a little bit too cold. It was probably much colder up here in the winter as well, simply because the island that he came from was to the south east of this place. It was very far from here. He knew that for sure since it had taken him quite a long time to actually travel to this place. And for some reason, he just stayed here. He didn't understand why he was staying here, especially since the male was nothing more than an in-grateful wanderer. A Rurouni.

She told him to wait at the borders and call her if he could not find her, which wasn't something that Daisuke was prone to do. He knew that it was what he should've done, but it just wasn't something that he did. He figured that if he called at a border, he would be greeted by border patrol, or an Alpha. These weren't things that he wanted, because these were the things he would need if he wanted to join a pack, and that was probably the only thing that Daisuke was truly afraid of. He was afraid of joining a pack because he was afraid not so much of the commitment, but the fact that the male had no care for boundaries, and he would probably be the start of another war. War was something that Daisuke did not want, especially if he was a peacekeeper like he was. To make her happy though (since he was not against giving lip-service;which could sound perverted if you are like that) he nodded his head. "Yup, I will do so, if I cannot find you by scent." the male spoke to her, nodding his head lightly. " Until then, Lady Mew, and pups, I bid you all farewell." he spoke, bowing his head respectively to Mew, and then giving smaller bows to the children before he turned around and started to walk away. He held up his index and middle fingers in a peace sign as he walked away, soon disappearing into a distance.

*exit Daisuke*

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Aaaaand finished! Thanks for threading, I enjoyed it :]
Word Count: 545 - SoSuWriMo

Mew found herself liking this stranger more and more. While his appearance and his ways were strange, he was still friendly. A positive face, not like all the relatives she had that walked around with their faces in the mud as if they wanted to stay there. As if they wanted to remain miserable. She, too, had been like that not long ago, but she had had good reason; the fear of death could be all-consuming, and simply walking around to wait for darkness to come, bringing pain along with it, was hardly uplifting. There were those who had much less to complain about though, but it was not her place to judge. Bottom line was that this one, this male, was a refreshing breeze, and she preferred happy company to the more sour and discontent representatives of her extended family any day. She smiled at him and stifled a little laugh when he nodded his head vigorously. "Good!" She was glad to have another eager student. Whenever she gave something of herself to another person, she felt as if she gained something as well, a purpose, perhaps. Whatever it was, she welcomed it.

He bade her farewell in a manner Mew had rarely seen. While she was a very proud female, always interested in others showing their respect for her, she was not used to being bowed to. A small blush threatened to rise to her cheeks, but she sucessfully fought it back. She did not want him to think that she was perhaps interested or flirting with him, and she certainly did not want her children to see any such behavior from their mother. In all things, Mew strived to be decent. Flirtations... she had had enough of them. Mateship was not for her, though motherhood was. And she did not need any more children right now, and so male company in that sense was out of the question. This kind of behavior was simply not in her, although she could not help herself from thinking about it when he behaved so... properly. Yes, he was proper, that was a good word. She smiled gently to him as he moved to leave, giving him a farewell-sentence as well. "I will see you soon, then." Soon could mean a number of things, but "I'll see you in winter" sounded so very strange on her lips. The small children looked up at him as he left, and one child came over to her as if to ask who he was. The gesture he had done as he left was something she did not understand, nor did she understand why she, the untrusting Mew Sadira, had suddenly invited a virtual stranger into her home. She did not always understand her impulses, but she hoped this would be a good one. The children seemed to have approved of him (from the lack of a negative reaction), and her guts told her that he was no threat. He could perhaps become one of her more talented students; it would be interesting to see. Lifting the guitar up to continue playing, the children now resumed their own activities, and Mew continued to sing her lullabies and her melancholic melodies as time passed. It was a good, if strange, day.

[/html]