It's a snake
[html]

Stupid Emwe is stupid Tongue
Word Count: 467 - SoSuWriMo

childhood repression: an expert at work

Emwe's tail was threatening to touch his belly but he worked to keep it from doing so. He had to work to make his ears do what he wanted them to, too, and not lie flat against his skull. The dragons that Haven described sounded dangerous, and yet.. alluring. His fear and fascination danced a strange dance, and his eyes glanced to the mark on Haven, to the forest around them, back to the mark, as if looking at a reference, and then making sure that it was nowhere near him. Emwe was comforted when Haven replied to his question, but then again, not. At first it was looking good for his theory about the creatures not existing, but then it went down hill. Ok, so if they did exist they lived far from here. But if they didn't, they were good at hiding? That wasn't good for Emwe, and once again his gaze moved nervously to the forest behind his conversation partner. Then he turned and looked behind himself, too, just to be sure, and now his self control slipped and one ear flattened itself. Still, Haven's conclusion offered some comfort, suggesting they would leave Emwe alone if Emwe left them alone. But what if Emwe was to accidentally not leave one of them alone, and they would be mad and eat him? Hell, maybe their babies was all it took to kill him off. And Emwe knew a lot about being unlucky and doing something by accident, because he did that all the time. And most of the time it didn't hurt so much, because he was used to walking into trees and falling and stuff, but dying probably would be a little worse. He hadn't been so happy today, for example, when Haven told him that he could ahve died. Suddenly the snake itself became a parallell to the dragon-like creature he envisioned, and the fur on his behind rose a little as a chill ran down his spine. He looked to the ground and bit his lip, now embarrassed and nervous at the same time, not wanting to acknowledge it but knowing that it was apparent. "I hope they won't eat me, ever." And with that sentence uttered came a realization; he had never asked what they ate! Perhaps they didn't eat wolves, in which case it would be okay, right? Because the animals that Emwe didn't eat were safe from him, and they were still scared but they didn't have to. So maybe he was scared but he didn't have to, too. Eyes widened and he gasped a little, continuing with his question right away. "Oh wait! But do they eat wolves at all?" Oh if only this question would have the right answer; then he would be able to sleep tonight.

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

B'awwww 300+

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven's answer had been a medium between pleasing Emwe and negotiating his own hopes and desires. With the younger male's continued nervousness it seemed that he should have just dismissed the other's fears instead of trying to include the fact that they could be around the area but just be hiding. He supposed, after the encounter with the snake that had just happened, having something that was dangerous and a good hider around was probably a very unsettling idea for the seemingly clumsy boy. Boy, whenever he had kids he hoped he didn't bungle things up this bad. Emwe had wanted to hear about dangerous animals, just not animals quite so dangerous as dragons could be. Haven would need to remember that just because he found them interesting and wasn't afraid of them didn't mean that others felt the same way. The Soul male's discomfort seemed to grow by the second and he could almost see the frightening images that were flashing through Emwe's head. Guild tugged at his stomach and his lips turned downward into a slight frown, though clearly not an angry one.

Then it seemed that, thankfully, he had a chance to redeem himself and to qualm the younger boy's fears once again. Just don't screw it up this time he quietly chastised himself. "I don't know, I don't think so though. They probably eat bigger animals, like what we eat. Deer and elk, that sort of thing." The Knight kept the information that they had eaten humans to himself, as that would only make things worse. Besides, even though they had ate humans he had never seen or heard any accounts of dragons eating other predatory animals like wolves. It was always horses or deer or sheep, all the kinds of things that wolves ate. Though Haven had never seen a sheep before, he figured it was along the same line as the other hoofed prey.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for slowness Sad
Word Count: 319

His face was open and interested as he waited for an answer to his question. He was rather hopeful now, in a way. His tail and ears displayed his uncertainty, and he was wanting the answer to be "no". What he got was almost as good, or perhaps better? He looked at the ground for a moment before his face lit up, eagerness refreshed. If dragons ate what he ate, but not him, then maybe they were on the same side. Suddeny, his vision as himself as a hero, a protector of his fellows, a slayer of monsters, disappeared. Instead another image materialized in front of his eyes; himself, triumphantly showing off his new friends to his pack. Of course, the dragons would be his allies! They would hunt prey together, and provide unbeatable defenses for Dahlia de Mai. His father would be so proud, too, and wouldn't have to worry anymore, and then he be more available and Conor and Emwe could move back in with him. It was the perfect plan — much better than his previous one. It involved little effort on his own part, too; after all, wouldn't the dragon easily see the benefit of partnership? Emwe smiled and offered his new friend an insight in his new dream, tail wagging behind him as if his life depended on it. "If they ate the same things as us, we should totally team up with them!" Now he felt clever again, and the fear that had only moments ago gripped his heart was evaporated like snow on a hot day. Maybe Haven would teach him more about dragons one day, or maybe he would even come along on his search for them! For that much was certain, Emwe wanted to find them now. How strange how the goal of finding the ultimate enemy had suddenly shifted to finding the ultimate friend.

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

S'ok Smile Sorry for the shortness x_x

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

He could see that Emwe wanted to be excited about the prospect of the giant, fire breathing reptiles, but he needed to know that they weren't a threat to him. It was understandable, dragons were fearsome creatures and for many humans had been a source of fear. Haven truly didn't think they had anything to fear from the beasts though. Humans had done a lot of things wrong and hadn't really understood or cared about the natural world (at least the vast majority of them hadn't) and he suspected that was why they and the dragons had been at odds. As long as luperci didn't follow the footsteps of humans and repeat history he thought the dragons would have no problems with them. Emwe's excitement budding once again at the idea that they could be on the same side as dragons and Haven was glad he had been able to salvage the conversation. He would have felt awfully bad if he were to have given the younger male nightmares.

Haven's smile grew larger as the boy shared his ideas and his ochre tail wagged along with Emwe's. "I think so too, they'd make very good allies. Not to mention very cool ones, yeah?" The Knight couldn't help but to imagine himself sitting astride a large, powerful dragon. The dragon in his mind was bright, shining gold, the perfect dragon companion for a knight such as himself.

[/html]
[html]

<3Word Count: 315

Excited, his tail wagged behind him like a whirlwind, moving in accord with his general mood as he thought of the very prosperous future he would have as the partner of a dragon. Haven agreed with him, and the young male had to restrain himself so as not do his little dance of excitement; behavior that was more common in dogs than wolves, though still present in overly excitable individuals such as himself. He smiled broadly and his tongue was out in fresh air as he mused and admired the great images that soared across the skies in his mind. The dragon could fight off all kinds of enemies, and Emwe could be the smart one to help others understand that they should be friends. He would be the diplomat that everyone knew and admired, the one to bring ultimate safety to their pack, the dragon being the all-powerful guardian of his family. And Alexey would be so proud, too! And Conor would never have to fight and stuff. Emwe nodded eagerly at Haven's words, gaze in one moment far away, the next focused on his new-found idol. "The coolest." He smiled, and another idea struck him: books. The library had all kinds of books, with pictures in them too. Maybe Conor would help him find out more about dragons? Emwe couldn't read, but he had seen books in Conor's room for some time, though he didn't know how well his brother could read. The library had everything though. If they didn't have a book about them, then it didn't exist, probably. Or at least that's what he thought. "I think the library probably has book about dragons, maybe!" He paused for a moment moving his neck to look back towards his packlands. "I have to go and check, now, or else I'll never find them," he said very seriously. His future was serious business.

[/html]
[html]

<3 close?

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Having a dragon around would bring endless benefits, that was for sure. No one would mess with a pack that had such a fearsome and powerful ally at their disposal. Haven may have been a warrior in job and title, but he did not thirst for battle and war. Quite the opposite, he wanted protection and peace for his home and family. He had taken up the title of Knight to protect those that were in his charge, not to go off looking for trouble. He would have been a very poor knight indeed to have such ambitions. If he were ever lucky enough to have such a companion he would secure the peace with him and nothing more. War brought strife to everyone, it was only in peace that they could truly live their lives. In this, Haven's and Emwe's ambitions for a dragon compatriot were very similar.

The Knight saw the new idea pop up in the young Sadira's head and when Emwe gave voice to it Haven nodded his head. "I bet they do. I have some books about them, stories involving them mostly. You might also want to check the castle that lays in the Trenches." He hadn't explore the castle very extensively, but he would have been surprised if there wasn't anything in there pertaining to dragons. "Well, I guess you better head home then," he said standing back up. "I'm glad I got to meet you Emwe. If you ever want to talk about dragons again, or anything else, just come find me." He sincerely hoped that they would cross paths again, either by accident or on purpose. Haven might even have to make a trip up to Dahlia to see the exuberant boy.

[/html]
[html]

<3 My final post, post if you want to Smile Word Count: 301

Quite impatient, he was, to get going. Quite so. His tongue lolled out of his mouth but his face had a sense of urgency to it. It was important to go now! But he was not impolite, he knew what was allowed. Leaving before people were done talking was not allowed, so he listened. Haven had books, too! If he didn't find any in the library, he was totalyl going to find Haven. Haven was so cool, so probably everyone knew where he was. How very useful. His ear moved when Haven mentioned a castle. A castle? What was a castle? Maybe it was one of those things one would understand when one saw them. Emwe's new friend got up, and got stared at a little as he spoke. Oh, right, it was one of those good-bye moments. He wasn't really used to them, because he as with Alexey and Conor all the time and they never said good-bye because he could see them whenever. But he knew the deal. He should say something in return, something that was equally nice. He understood these things now, but just a few months back he hadn't. He'd just done what he wanted, then. It had been nice, but it was nice to be correct, too. Smiling, Emwe delivered his phrase of parting with a little bow (or was it just a clumsy nod?). "Very cool I'll go and look at the castle maybe." He frowned; it hadn't been as good as he thought it would be. Suddenly remembering something else, his face lit up; this was a better thing to say! "And thank you for saving my life from the snake!" He shouldn't forget that, really, he knew. But it was so easy to forget things when there were dragons in his mind.

[/html]