To be Loyal and True.
[html]

Akumu luff, sorry this took so long to get up :]

She had never ventured here. Never so far north. It told her that she stayed so close to the Dreaming lands, told her that she had yet to explore and truly see the world around her. She was locked within the lands that she had grown up in, locked within the small world that was safe and content. Perhaps it was the one time in her life where she had felt so unsafe that made her strive for comfort. But she was excited to looked beyond the small world that was hers.

The sketchpad hung in her hand, the pencil coiled in her mane. Violet eyes looked out into the landscape, taking in the things there might inspire her. She had already captured a fallen tree, the branches too entwined and gnarled to not mimic their shape. But now there needed to be something more, different and unlike anything she had ever seen.

Scents unknown to her lingered in the air and soil, a territory he figured. A fear rose, but her curiosity was over powering. A little further and the earthen toned woman found the stench to be overwhelming. It was a pack, for sure, but there seemed to be death wrapped in within the distinct smells of coyote.

It was then that she saw what brought the death to her nose. Eyes widened, and the fear that had been bubbling below the surface started to grow. The skulls, the remnants of faces that looked out into the free land as warning watched her without eyes. The Dreamer faltered in her step, but did not stop.

[/html]
Quite all right. It's been a while since we've threaded. :3
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/hezetable.jpg) no-repeat center center;">

He had found it far in the steppes in the northern part of Inferni: a cow skull. Although not quite what Inferni lined its borders with, Hezekiah thought it seemed reasonable to add to their collection. Bleached white and weathered from what was likely years of being half-buried in a hillside with grass, he had painstakingly pulled mud and earthworms from it, cleaned it up, and had started to transport it towards the borders as though it were a Fabergé egg rather than some old cattle head. But nevertheless, it was his way of contributing to the clan in some small way, although he had seemingly procured one of its handy ranks as it were. For the time being, he hardly thought of himself deserving of it. But he was becoming better acquainted with those around him, even if it seemed a slow process in hindsight. His solitary nature, his self-sufficiency, it wasn’t going to go away overnight. It wouldn’t ever go away, but he did make himself more social.

As the visual markers of the borders came into view, he started to consider where along the line he would attempt to set the skull. He had seen how Anselm had gone about the order and though it had not been committed to memory, it didn’t seem too hard to do. Plus there were always places along the pikes where skulls had either been taken or knocked down and smashed, so surely he’d find a place in no time. All of that was going well until he had spotted something very out of place against the early-winter scenery. Though designed of the earth, the towering form of a wolf was really hard to miss for someone who had been warned time and time again to avoid them.

Even though every bone in his body told him to drop the skull in his hand and turn tail to alert the rest of the clan, Hezekiah was consumed by two things. The first of those was an instinctive reasoning to protect the home that had given him so much for so little in return; the second was an innate curiosity of a creature he had only seen from either afar, dead, or not at all in reality. She did not seem aware of him just yet, clearly taken by the arrangement of skulls. The objects in her hands also intrigued him, but the distance and the resulting assortment of landscape between them obscured their identity from him. His grip tightened around one of the remaining horns of the skull, his body still as he waited for her to move in a little closer before closing him an angle nearly behind her himself.

And when he was close enough, he made a clean issuance of warning quiet and firm.

“Don’t take another step.”

Hezekiah had no idea whether or not he could intimidate her, given the difference of size between them, but he unknowingly preyed upon her apprehension in the same way his father had done him so many times before. Halo had gotten that notion across to him with a simple stare; Gabriel did it with his presence alone; Anselm with size. Hezekiah had none of those things to back him up and he knew without a doubt that a cow skull in hand would do little to defend himself if she turned on him with teeth and claws. But he did have Inferni at just a call away. Had he not been uneducated on the fact that the region was privy to travellers who knew nothing of Inferni, he would have been hoping that she wasn’t ignorant and unaware of what she was walking up to, instead of immediately being met with hostility.

[/html]
[html]

failwait!! D:

She could not think of what would posses a beast to rip the head off another creature's body and place it on a spike. A warning it obviously was, but far too apparent, lacking subtly and in her eyes creativity. Were they persecuted? Mati wandered aimlessly as she peered into the dead eye sockets. Wormed away the black gaze looked through and beyond the tall woman ad into a world dark and lost to those that lived. Only a voice broke her thoughts, and made her turn her eyes away. She did as he said, surprised more by the sound of him then by the warnings that were now visual and auditory.

Her violet eyes looked to the beast with the command fresh from is tongue, and took a step backwards. There was another skull in his hands that she could not help but notice. Another piece of misery to the dotted chain. She was brave alone, without eyes to watch her and claim notice and wrong to her actions. The Church woman held her sketch pad against her stomach, "I'm sorry." She spoke, hiding the real worry and making the words sound somewhat political. It was polite to apologize.

"You kill that yourself?" She asked as if it would settle the nerves the dead and the coyote rose in her. It didn't

[/html]
Nah, this is a fail wait. x_x
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /rp/s3.png) no-repeat center center;">

When she turned on him, it wasn’t anger that he saw in her features, but fear. Somehow Hezekiah managed not to be equally startled due to the unnatural shade of colour her eyes bore, but the shock of their exoticness was like that of rich red he had seen. The objects she had carried, the sketchpad and utensil, were identified and recognised. While an apology came from the wolf’s lips, her voice soft and fair like that of a songbird, he internally fought with how to respond. But his resolve did not falter entirely. It was only a matter of figuring out how to word what he wanted to say as he stood stock still, holding the skull tightly with every mock intention of using it to defend himself.

“No,” he answered, going with the honest route, “but you shouldn’t be here. We don’t like your kind here.” Hezekiah’s eyes never left her. Instead they wandered over her unabashed, appraising her and even wondering if underneath that tall figure if there was any real power at all. If she was cornered like she was, was this how she would really react? Was she simply reacting with fear because he was the lightweight? He had never had an easy experience with anything, so the simple notion that he was succeeding at intimidating her that easily seemed impossible.

[/html]
[html]

lovelovelove writing with youuuuu!

So far from home, and where had she left her courage? Did she drop it off some where, leaving it to claim only when she headed home? Mati was not fearless, but she was not a coward either. She felt the anxiety run through her veins, fear cooling her form and threatening to make her shiver. At the same moment she recognized it, the tall woman began to push it aside. Fear made one safe, cautious. But it would not protect her from this man and the skulls that peered wordlessly at her.
         The Church fey forced herself to straiten her spine, taking in the thought that the coyote had indeed scavenged the head he carried. Eyes watched him, their shape changing at his next comment. The wolf didn't understand, not knowing much of anything about his clan and whom the preferred to visit. Strangers, in general, she figured. Yet even that didn't sit right. "My kind?" she asked, not satisfied with the assumptions that she could create. Nervous or not, the woman did not like the way his eyes roamed, her frown hardening sternly at the thought of what he was looking at.

[/html]
Well I'm glad, since I quite enjoy threads with you too! Hearing that always makes me day, since I try to entertain. <3
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /rp/s3.png) no-repeat center center;">

Her question only made a pit in his stomach deepen and for a moment, he grappled with disbelief as his eyes rose to meet hers. She didn’t know. She was truly ignorant? He didn’t quite know how to feel, still intending there to be some sort of paroxysm. But for as sharp as he was, Hezekiah had a certain naïvity to him as well. He could not, at least at that time, consider the possibility that she was leading him on. He would have expected that from those far older and of the same gender (a throwback to what he had learnt from how he was raised), rather than a pretty girl from somewhere out in the countryside with exotic eyes.

“Wolves,” was as much of a simple elaboration he was willing to give, wondering if for whatever reason that would put two and two together for her. He was stubborn in that moment, unwillingly to believe that she was ignorant. Simply uninformed, that was all. “You know where you are, don’t you?” Inferni’s front door wasn’t exactly the most welcoming of places. They had no doormat, no doorbell, and frankly no front door either, but the pikes behind her were every bit as fascinating as they were disturbing. Even now, Hezekiah found them to be creepy.

But they got the point across.

[/html]
[html]

this is poo-ish

Sheltered was only a different form of ignorance, but ignorance all the same. But, the tall wolfess was simply uninformed of the coyote clan, not to the horrors of life it self. The scars of her arms were testimony to the knowledge she did have. Mati had clung to her home since the attack by the black and white-collared male. She had been chased down on her own territory, and then almost raped in a classroom on the city’s university. Mati could simply look at a beast and see the demon inside. Her violet eyes saw nothing as they searched the male. Nothing was good.

Sheltered
She watched him, and felt her body move backwards ever so slightly as he spoke her species. His next question made her feel as if she was missing some sort of obvious information. Something vital that she should know. Right, the heads… But she didn’t know where she was, having never ventured here. “No.” She spoke with an honest tone. She didn’t know this place, and everyone couldn’t know everywhere, right? Maybe he did, “Do you know where I’m from?” Mati asked, keeping the same flow of questions and answers.

[/html]
Awkward post, sorry. At least I'm hashing out this side of his personality. @__@
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /hezt5.png) no-repeat bottom center; border: 1px solid black; font: 12px/16px georgia; text-align: justify; color: #5B2E1E;">

She took a step back towards Inferni. Hezekiah took another step towards her, seizing fear as though it were something tangible. She didn’t know where she was, which made it all the more necessarily to dissuade her from ever returning. His resolve solidified at her question, even if his answer was less than satisfactory. “Doesn’t matter,” he explained, “you’re somewhere that you shouldn’t be. You came here by yourself, so I’d bet you’re pretty far from home.” But that didn’t mean anything, he was making blind shots in the dark. For all he knew, she could have lives just a few miles outside of Inferni’s territory, not hours away like he wanted to think. Which in all reality, she probably did live hours away. A nice little jaunt. A day’s getaway to do whatever it was that she had come out there to do.

“This place is Inferni, and if I decide to let you go, you should stay away from here. Like I said, we don’t like your kind here.” His confidence was bolstering itself, so he took yet another step towards her. Maybe she’d run away. He would have liked that more than anything. Maybe she’d feel cornered and pressured too much and attack him, but even at that it wouldn’t have been in her favour, would it? “Unless they didn’t like you. Your kind. I don’t know why they wouldn’t tell you were not here.” But ultimately, he went in a different direction altogether, probing the likelihood that maybe she was like him and once misled.

Maybe her father didn’t want her around either.

[/html]
[html]

i thought it was great :]

SSWM - 314

He wasn’t overly harsh. The coyote could have simply threatened her life if he wished for her to leave. There were none of the canine threats rumbling from his throat, or the sight of fangs revealed from behind his lips. Of course his words were certainly discouraging, just as he hoped that they would be. They were true as well. Mati stood still, for the step he took to follow her did not go unnoticed. She watched the coy with a weary gaze, but even though she understood that he did not want her here she did not find his words to be an outright deadly threat. Mati often forgot that she was bigger then most, and if need be would it be hard for her to overpower the other canine? It was a fool’s choice, and an option she would rather not come to. Instead she neither clarified his words as truth or lies.

The name of his clan slipped past his lips Mati took it in and paired it with trouble. Apparently this was a place to avoid, and she would forget it. But then as he continued she noted his if. she didn’t quite understand why he was now keep her prisoner when he had hoped before that she would simply run away. Another step forward made her speak up, “Your keeping me here then?” her tone held a strength that did not yet match her size but spoke whispers of the power her tall muscled form held.

“I guess it just never came up.” She spoke honestly, her anger towards him blinding any fear that her once felt. The Dreamer didn’t like that her family had not told her that Inferni was a devilish place not suited and not even liking wolves. But she didn’t like that the coyote was speaking in such a tone in relation to her pack.

[/html]
<333
[html]
He scoffed at her statement. Sure, maybe it hadn’t come up. But as evil as the creatures there were supposed to be, he didn’t think he could believe it. How ill-informed could all of them be? Theirs was a grudge born generations back to the time when they only had four legs to propel them instead of the ability to harness two. However similar they had been then and now, Hezekiah did not really know, but he had the ability to be an astute observer. She was bigger than him. Wolves were bigger than coyotes. They had the ability to collaborate and overpower their weaker cousin and steal from them. And naturally, it had been done.

“Why would I keep you here?” he asked, though not looking for an answer. “I’m willing to let you go this time because I think you’re telling the truth about not knowing. Plus I don’t think you were here to cause trouble.” He didn’t see a reason in calling the others and showing off his catch. He didn’t think that they would particularly care because there was no fight or reason for intervention by them. No muscle was needed. Hezekiah felt powerful in being able to make the decision himself without fear of reprimand.

That was of course, because he wouldn’t tell anyone about their meeting. “You should probably go home and tell the others that we don’t like your kind poking around here.” While he may have had the decency to question what she was doing, Hezekiah believed that there were those who acted first and instead of asking questions. His father had been that way, so in every aspect both known and unknown, he strove to be different. “You think you can do that?”
[/html]
[html]

they might need to meet up again... few more, then done?

SSWM - 374

No one was talking to Mati about Inferni because she had already known violence. She had found it in the classroom of the University. His black pelt, the white collar that ran along his shoulders, it was all a reminder of what true fear was. The scars on her arms told the story. And even in the wolf’s death, at the hands of Onus (the only hero Mati had ever truly known), did not erase that chill that ran through his skin and down her spin at the recollection of those eyes absent of all color. Darker then any shadow, black as the sky was blue and the sun yellow. He had been everything that told Mati of evil and horror. Tales of a clan of coyotes must have taken a back seat to the tragedies that had occurred in that moment of her life. She had not attempted to venture far until now, and there was no mother to caudle her now and speak of the monsters beyond their door.

His voice rang again, with a heavy dose of what Mati deemed arrogance. Her arms crossed absent mindedly across her chest as she listened. Again and again he had something to say that gave her no true reason to turn and leave, and she was no longer as fearful as she had been when he first came upon her. Oddly enough his determination to get her to go made the Dreamer all the more reluctant to turn tail and run. The policies of her own borders were very different; strangers were welcome if they hoped to become friends. Mati had not been overly aggressive; in fact she had been meek in her approach and calm in her responses. “I wasn’t” She assured him with force in her words. Eyes squinted ever so slightly.

In such an unwelcoming place the violet eyed girl could not see reason to push herself on the coyote man, even if she didn’t want to go to spite the Inferni clansman “I’ll simply tell them there isn't anything interesting here. ” though she had found the heads quite intriguing indeed. But she wasn’t about to give the male any more satisfaction that her quickly coming departure would give him.

[/html]
I agree! You can close out the thread with your next reply. :3
[html]
He found that he didn’t care that he had offended her enough that she felt the need to be defensive. The force in her words had little effect on him, even though he thought that her statement about telling anyone that Inferni wasn’t interesting wasn’t good enough. It didn’t matter what he could tell her, this he realised, because what she said and what she did were liable to be two entirely different things. They were all that way, every one of them; specie had nothing to do with it. “Okay then,” he said, “you can go.” But Hezekiah did not have the confidence to simply stride away, assuming that she would go. He stepped out of her path almost gentlemanly instead, putting enough space beneath them that would hopefully dissuade her from feeling that he would try anything.
[/html]
[html]

okay :]

Eyes peered at the muted hued male. His tawny pelt was nothing for her to be interested in, his eyes dull and his tone bland. There were things yet to be discovered about the coyote clan, things that Mati would likely never know. The clan and, now after meeting the male, its members were a mystery to her so much so that it was frightening. But the Dreamer did not bow her head as she walked past him, confident that he would not turn on her now. She left with poise, and with a new impression of the Inferni clan. Unfriendly. The meeting would likely go untold, though even when she met one of the more cordial members she would keep the vision of the male in her mind. Mati Church stalked off, heading for home and searching for the bit of security that she lacked so close to the coyote's borders.

[/html]