No you really haven't lived life yet
[html]
WC:372 // ^_^ Just FYI, I archived our "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". They were all cozy and happy together, and I figured we could have a more recent thread after this one! I hope that's okay...

Her damp face nestled against his shoulder, her body small and warm against his own. Jacquez peeked a glimpse down at her, to see if her tears were slowing down. She would be dehydrated after all this excitement; he'd have to be certain that she had fresh water in that cabin of hers. The collie-dog's muzzle twisted into a studious frown, focusing his dark gaze on the steps of the porch. He didn't want to hurt her any further by dropping her now... She was shaking, trembling from the shock of it all. It was like she was a pup again, stumbling and crying and lost. The fact that he had immediately taken her under his wing was the only hint that the callous madman had some semblance of a heart, some flicker of goodness in his black soul. Something inside of him let him know that if Ruri left him behind, he would lose that goodness forever.

"You are careful when you take your time, petite. Of course you will stumble and fall if you run about in a panic." Jacquez's rumbling voice held nothing but affection; it relieved him in some ways to know that she had not evolved past the occasional blunder or clumsiness. It still startled him to see how she had swept gracefully through the doorway, the poise of a grown woman, the confidence lent her by the flowing dress she sported. Firefly was teaching her things Jac didn't want her to know.

He padded lightly on his footpaws, athletic ease not betraying the weight he cradled in his arm. The lighting was a bit dim indoors, or so he always thought; having a natural preference for the open spaces and natural lighting of the outdoors. He nudged open the bedroom door with his lean muzzle, black eyes peering to locate Ruri's bed. Rest would be the best thing for her, would it not? "I'm setting you down now, and then I'll take a look at your leg," he murmured, gently peeling her away from his shoulder. He reluctantly let the blind dog settle onto the old mattress, his plumed tail stirring anxiously behind him. He could be nice, so long as no one else was watching.

[/html]
[html]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Word Count: 200+

Alrighty, I think it's safe to say that we can archive this one ^_^. I believe that what happened from here on out is pretty much self-explanatory ^_^

Photobucket

The ivory and silver female barely heard Jac's response to her remark about how she was usually careful. She was so tired that her senses were numbing to the world around her. Even when they entered the familiar confines of her home Ruri only noticed when Jac placed her on her bed. She didn't want to move her ankle so she sat up and held it to keep it from moving as much as possible. She heard Jac say that he was going to take a look at it, but she wasn't sure if she wanted him to. If he touched it, it would hurt even though he wouldn't mean for it to. She didn't want it to hurt anymore than it did now. Avoiding the pain was her single goal at the moment. "B-be...be careful, Jac...please," she whimpered, her pale blue eyes dancing around the room randomly. She knew Jac was right beside her, but with her senses so fuzzy she was unable to remember his exact location. Her whole, dark world was being repeatedly interrupted with flashes of pulsating pain that occasionally shot up through her leg as she attempted to get into a comfortable position. She just wanted to sleep, even if she knew it was unlikely that she would be able to. As long as she was lying down she would at least get some rest.

[/html]