They say this is happyness
[html]

Set roughtly around Saturday. 620 Words

Ayita lay on a blanket that she had sprawled out next to the fire place. It was so warm near it and she fear the pups getting sick. She kept them warm and away from windows. She had nearly had a heart attack when the crib had been tipped and her babies scattered around the room. She had h found them after the raccoon was delt with but it had really sent fear into her. She yawned looking down at the little balls of fluff that had wormed their way closer to her. She smiled looking at them. They were a mere two weeks old and it made Ayita Sigh as she thought about it. Her son Kable was still white but his sister Amaranth was now such a elegant Red and white mix. She looked so much like her father it almost upset her at times. They had both started opening their eyes and Ayita hoped that Kable's eyes would change color too. They were a rather dark musky blue while his sisters where a very pretty blue almost like ayta's only Amaranths were tinted purple it was a light tinting now but she wondered.

She was spending much more time in her Lupus form now that the pups had been born and she found it much easier to tend to them since they couldn't change form yet. She couldn't wait to see her daughter grow she would teach her French and find her the best clothes she could. She smiled at the thought as she watched the fire crackle and pop. Though her and Leroy had chosen to not stay together for many reasons she still lived with him and he brought her food and built fires. She figured it was mainly due to the pups he did this. He wouldn't want harm to come to his children.

Ayita smiled as the two pups squirmed around as they settled to her side to suckle. Her heart nearly melted everything she watched them do anything. they were her reason for living her reason for being. Her ears pricked up as her front left shoulder itched from where she had been bitten by the damn raccoon who had become dinner nights earlier. The blasted thing had got her because she had gotten distracted trying to see her babies. She was glad to find them both a ok. Reaching over she licked her shoulder nibbling a bit trying to relieve the itch.

Placing her attention back to her pups she smiled watching Kable topple over his sister as she laid there belly up looking at her mother. "Défendez-vous bien" She said looking at her little girl. As the little girl seemed to go after her brother in there wriggling rolling fight. It was all too cute for Ayita. All her litter mates had died she was the only one alive and she never got to play so it was fun to watch. She chuckled silently as she watched the two tucker themselves out. Not like that was very hard at this point they didn't play for long periods of time only a few minutes here and there.

She picked up one yawning sibling after the other bringing them back closer to her. She smiled cleaning each as she watched the two siblings cuddle and yawn. "Le scintillement, le scintillement, peu d'étoile
Comment je me demande quels vous êtes.
En haut au-dessus du monde si haut
Comme un diamant dans le ciel
Le scintillement, le scintillement, peu d'étoile
Comment je me demande quels vous êtes!"
She sang quietly as the two pups finally gave up and fell asleep. She smiled watching the fire listening to the pups silent breathing.

""

[/html]
[html]

<3 500+ words.

#####Two weeks had passed since the birth of Amaranth and Kable, and Vigilante had been keeping himself busy. He wanted to go visit his friend and her children, but he feared that their father, who had seemed so irritated with him when he had been helping Ayita through the process, would not appreciate his presence. Leroy did not scare him in the least, and under normal circumstances, he would have gladly ignored any problems Leroy had with him. However, things were different now. The house had two very young lives within, and he did not want the tensions between Leroy and himself to reach Ayita once more. She did not deserve dealing with the black and white male's apparent problems with the brown mutt, and because he did not trust Leroy to happily accept him, he had allowed some time to pass so as to not stress his friend at all. She was already dealing with enough things, and stress did not need to be added to that.

#####He believed that two weeks was certainly enough time for Leroy to get over his issues, so Vigilante trotted swiftly in the direction of their home, hoping that Ayita would be nearby. Just as he had done when his sister had become a new mother, he had spent the morning hunting, finding the largest rabbit he thought he would find in the area. It had been an easy catch for him, and to even it out, he had also found a smaller one. Both hung from his jaws now, a gift for Ayita (and subsequently the puppies), and also Leroy, if he was home and if he would not take offense to someone else providing for the woman. If not, both rabbits would be for her, and if she only chose to eat one, then the second could easily be stored for later for a few days. It probably would not go uneaten, as she was now providing for herself and the two pups she had birthed. Truthfully, he was also proud that he had decided to hunt for her. She was his close friend, and he had told her that he would help her with anything, including food and nutritional needs.

#####It was mildly disappointing that he could not immediately see Ayita or the puppies outside, but it was not surprising. The temperatures were beginning to fall from when he had first arrived in the area, yet another sign of the changing seasons. Approaching the door, he gently placed the two rabbits on the ground in front of his feet. "Ayita, are you home? I thought I might come and visit, and I brought you dinner," he added as an afterthought. He knew he did not need a bribe to visit his friend, but he wanted to surprise her with the rabbits anyway. He could not tell if anyone was home, but he hoped that she was inside with her children. At the very least, he would settle for Leroy answering the door so that he could give him the rabbits for Ayita. Either way, they would be given to her in some way, even if he had to leave them inside the door for her to find when she returned home. He could tell her another time, then, that he had brought them.

[/html]
[html]

Set roughtly around Saturday. Words

Ayita was content in her little world. She had been home alone all day and it was rather relaxing here. Her crystal blue orbs watched the dancing colors in the fire place. Nibbling a bit more at the wound she smiled settling back in as she heard a faint noise on the porch which set her off a bit. She coiled a bit more around her pups as she heard vigi's voice. She eased up as she looked over her shoulder.

"Come in. The doors open." She said as she tried not to be rude. She just didn't want to leave her pups she wanted to be right there with them as they slept. Most of the sleeping was done with Leroy. She almost hated not being his mate for the fact she felt like she was sharing her joy and experience with him in a weird way. She smiled looking at the sleeping fluff balls.

""

[/html]
[html]

<3 500+ words.

#####Though it did not take her long to answer him, Vigilante still had plenty of time to think, his thoughts moving as rapidly as they always did. Finally he had heard some sound from within the house, not speech yet but noise at least, and he was acutely aware that someone would answer him very soon. He truly hoped that it was Ayita, because he did not know what he would actually do if the male of the house were to answer him. The prospect of dealing with his superior's issues was not appealling to him, and Vigilante was not interested in doing so today. For whatever reason, Leroy had a problem with him, though he did not understand why. Ayita had confessed to having feelings for him instead of the father of her pups, but unless she had told him, there was no way he could know that. Yes, he also felt something for her, though he was not sure what. Regardless, he had never said or done anything to make this obvious. Unless Leroy was a mind-reader, he was just insecure and made far too many assumptions out of the malamute-shephed man's courteous words and actions - basically, out of nothing.

#####At her voice and her words, he felt a smile grow across his muzzle. Even if she was too busy to come to the door, or otherwise preoccupied, he did not mind, and he would not take up much of her time. He only wanted to see her and her puppies and deliver the rabbits, and if need be, he could be on his way right after that. Taking a moment to shift fluidly, he draped the two rabbits over his arm, opening the door with his free hand. Shutting it behind him, he quickly found the source of the smell of the fire, which had, admittedly, alarmed him upon first noticing it. He smiled at the image of the mother and her two children laying by the fire, and for a moment, he felt terrible for disturbing them, and he could easily understand why she had not come to the door to greet him. Placing the rabbits in the doorway near the wall so that they were out of the way, he stepped closer to the scene, shifting as he did so. She was in her lupus form, and obviously her children were, so he saw no need for him to be completely shifted.

#####"I brought you dinner," he repeated with a gentle smile, now fairly close to the small family. He did not want to intrude on her space, nor did he wish to irritate Leroy, provided he was home. "Is there anywhere you would like me to put them, or should I leave them there for now?" The small family on the blanket was so lovely. The puppies were absolutely adorable, as most were, and Ayita took the role of mother proudly and with grace. "How have you three been doing?" He had almost wanted to use the word "four" to describe the small family, so as to include Leroy, but truthfully, he was not interested in how the other male had been doing, and he was also not sure of their situation still. He hoped that Ayita had been thinking of what he had told her the time they had met before she had given birth. She did not have to feel trapped in this situation, and it would be fairly simple for her to get away from if she wanted to. He was still more than willing to try and help her in any way possible, as well.

[/html]
[html]

Set roughly around Saturday. Words

Ayita couldn't help but be overly joyed by her friend being here. He had brought her something to eat how sweet. She smiled looking at him. Food hmm that sounded kinda good but she wasn't in the mood to eat just yet. "Its fine there." She said. She pulled herself from her pups moving the blanket a bit to cover them. they were so cute when they were asleep.

"I've been good." She said. "I rather enjoy being a mother" She said. All her worries had disappeared and she felt great. "I've moved into a separate room from Leroy." She said. "There's been a lot going on here and the pups are growing too fast on me. Leroy has been helping which allows me to go out and do things. I'm just glad that we could work things out between the two of us." She said.

"Now I want to work on the two of us." She said laughing a bit. She stretched looking at him. "Enough about me. How have you been I want to know everything that has happened since I saw you last." She said with a smile. "Hey are you thirsty? I am, I could even clean the rabbits up and we could share them." She said taking a few steps a changing with ease. She stretched looking around as her blue eyes fell on Vigilante. "Thank you so much for coming by."

""

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####Vigilante was glad to know that her worries about the birth and being a mother had seemed to dissipate, and he knew that he had been right in telling her that she would be a wonderful mother. In that respect, he was glad to know that he had been able to give her good advice and that she was no longer being troubled by the worries from before. Ayita's concerns had been unnecessary, and he was thankful for that. "I told you that you would be a wonderful mother," he said with a smile, studying the two small forms on the blanket. The two pups were adorable, and he knew that Ayita would continue to be an amazing mother to them. His opinion was biased, of course, but he could not help it. He simply felt as though she was perfect for the job of being a mother, friend, and possibly more.

#####However, he was a bit concerned by her other bit of news, even if he had encouraged that as well. He had known that Ayita was unhappy with Leroy, but the fact that they were sleeping in two separate rooms was complete news to him. By no means did he feel bad about the situation or the advice he had given (rather, he was actually happy to hear it), but he was curious to know how it had come about. "What happened between you and Leroy?" he inquired gently, hoping that the subject would not upset her but that she would be willing to discuss it. He knew how she felt about him, or how she had felt when she had told him, and he was keenly aware of his own feelings for her, but he did not want to overstep anything that may have happened, whether he had potentially been an active factor in the decision or not. He followed suit and shifted again, excepting that they could continue this conversation away from the sleeping bundles of fur.

#####Nothing exciting at all had happened to him since the birthing, but he did not feel as though that would make for a very good story. He was certainly going to have to find something productive to do with his time, if only so that he had something to tell her on the occassions that she asked about what he had been doing since last seeing one another. "That would be nice," he said, bending to pick up the rabbits and following her to where they could talk more openly and go about having dinner. "Truthfully, I have not been doing anything worth mentioning since Amaranth and Kable were born. I have spent some time working with my horse and working on learning to manipulate the human substance, metal, but that is all I have done. Tell me about what you have been doing. Has anyone else met your children?" For a brief moment, he was curious to know whether or not Leroy was at home, but he had decided that it did not matter much. He was free to visit his friend, regardless of the male's opinion of him.

[/html]
[html]

Set roughly around Saturday. Words 448

Ayita turned a watched him she felt fairly relaxed to be with him. She wondered if he still had feelings for her. Though she could understand if he didn't. She smiled turning and looking through her stuff. "Do you drink things like tea? I love tea." She said. she was trying to keep her eye on the pups nut also a sense of focusing on him and him alone. "Oh and no worries The man of the house isn't home." She said a hint of sarcasm laced her words.

She looked at Vigilate taking the rabbits as she pulled out a small knife. Leroy had taught her a lot and she felt better about herself but she just felt weird when it came to him. "Well we talked there was lust, and passion and the greatest gifts either of us could want but there was no love. He was distracted by his past mate and her passing bugged him." She said as she pulled down a plate and a few cups walking past her pups with water she hung it over the fire.

"I made on mistake that lead to the best thing in my life. I don't think I could ever love him. I wanted to force myself to so that the pups would have a normal family. I wanted them to have the best. I couldn't There was just no way." She said choking up a bit. she fixed herself up and looked at him. "Leroy under stood and I don't want to leave here with winter so close and make him travel to see the pups plus. they should have their father around. Soon I will not be here." She said.

She moved on to cleaning the rabbits she felt bad for talking so much god she needed to learn to shut up. "A female wolf named whisper and her pup who just arrived." She said leaving out most of the rest there was no need any how.

She finished cleaning the rabbits laying the slices of meats on the plate. Going over to the fire place she got the hot water and walked back over. "I still have feelings for you." She said out of the blue. "I want to know about you vigilante." She turned looking him in the eyes. "Please trust me enough to tell me your secrets." She said. She wanted to know about him. "I'll tell you about my past. you'd never believe what a year and a half can do to someone." She said. She set the cups down pouring the tea. "Eat handsome you deserve a reward for your hard work." She said smiling as she sat down.

""

[/html]
[html]

1000+ words.

#####The only time he had been in the house had been the day she had given birth, and as expected, it had not been a day that he had much time to study the interior of the house. Now that he was given the chance, Vigilante took it in silently, following his friend away from her children so that they might speak more freely. This house seemed much more lived in than his own did, but he supposed that was only to be expected, as he lived alone (with the exception of the stallion, who lived outside, of course). It seemed comfortable enough, but the obvious sarcasm that stressed her tone could only lead him to believe that life was not particularly wonderful here. For that, he did feel badly, as he did not wish her to have to deal with an uncomfortable and unhappy way of living.

#####"I have never had tea," he answered honestly, not even sure if he had ever heard the term before, "but I am sure that I will enjoy it if you fix it." Vigilante was unfamiliar with human food and drink, disregarding alcohol, but he trusted Ayita's judgement. Jade eyes followed her movements with interest as he watched her move about the house, preparing to make dinner in a way he had never actually seen or participated in. Like many, he had only eaten in the way that most wolves and dogs ate, the natural way. He had never known anyone to prepare their food as intricately as she seemed to, but again, he trusted her in this. Since his arrival in the pack, his life had become much more humanized than he had ever imagined happening, and he still found it strange.

#####He was glad to hear that they had come to a conclusion of some sort, even if it obviously was not the one that she had envisioned, as evidenced by the way her voice changed. For all that it was worth, he was glad that they could not force something like that, regardless of how much they had wanted a normal family for their children. Vigilante could easily understand that desire; had he not come to this pack for that very same desire? It seemed as though he might be getting very close to that wish, although he was no longer concerned with having a completely normal life. He had realized that it would not be possible, and that there would never be a clear cut definition of "normal." He would simply have to try.

#####"Will you be taking Amaranth and Kable to wherever it is that you go?" he asked gently, unsure of whether or not she had discussed it that far with Leroy, as well as questioning where she planned to go. As much as he wanted his dear friend to get out of the bad situation she had found herself in, Vigilante did not wish to see her separated from her children. His own sister had raised her children without a mate or their father around, and he knew it would be easy for Ayita to raise them. Just as he had expected, she was already a wonderful mother. However, for her to be taken away from them was not, in his opinion, an option. For pups to be without their mother was terrible. Without their father as a constant presence in their lives, however, they would survive.

#####Again, the subject of his past was broached, and he was not feeling comfortable with the idea of telling her everything yet. Regardless of whatever had happened between her and Leroy, and regardless of any potential role he played in that situation, his feelings for her were still alive and burning. He did not want to ruin that with the things he had done--not yet, anyway. Someday, he would have to tell her. It was not something he could keep hidden forever out of fear of her reaction, but it was not something he was ready to discuss with her yet. However, her past was much more intriguing than his own for him. Vigilante had lived his life, and the tale was something imprinted in his brain. Ayita's story was something he found interesting. It was something he wanted to know.

#####Lifting the cup of tea, Vigilante sniffed it gingerly, the scent something he had never been introduced to before. He took a sip, rolling the liquid over his tongue curiously before swallowing. Studying her over the rim of the cup, Vigilante smiled at her, the smile tired and almost old, despite his relatively young age. "I promise you," he began quietly, as if he was afraid of her reaction to the mere words alone, "I will tell you my story at some point in time. But Ayita, you need to know. . . I am not as good a guy as you seem to believe." The warning was cryptic, and he did not have any delusions about whether or not she would heed his warning. Ayita was obviously curious about him, and soon enough, she would not accept "soon" as an answer. However, he did not believe that she would take his warning very seriously. How could she, without any background information?

#####She had not begun to eat yet, and as a result, Vigilante waited for her to begin. It was his chivalrous nature that left him without the urge to begin without her, and it was also that which drove him to ask further questions of her. He wanted to understand her more, and to know what made her the person that she was. Setting the cup on the table in front of him, Vigilante looked at her intently, his attention solely on the woman before him as he spoke. "Please tell me about yourself, Ayita. I want to know your story. I want to know what makes you such a beautiful, intelligent, and kind woman." She had piqued his interest, and now there was no reason for her not to share her story, especially as she had been the one to bring it up into the conversation.

[/html]
[html]

Set roughly around Saturday. Words 463

Ayita sat down holding the cup in her hands. She smiled he was so polite he was waiting for her to eat first. It made her feel a bit uneasy though. She had been used to that in the past but not now. "Your welcome to take some please eat." She said as she sipped her tea. She was used to drinking tea but preparing meat was a skill leroy had taught her. She felt like she grew up more here then she had in her travels here.

"Of course I would they are my babies and need their mother." She said looking at him. She'd feel bad taking them from Leroy but they needed her much more then they needed him. That was how she felt she could feel the selfishness return she had always been one who wanted and wanted and wanted. "Moi? you want to know of me?" She laughed a bit as she looked at him with her blue eyes.

She smiled "I hope you are in for a long story." She set the cup down and smiled as she took a small bite of food and then started to think about how to word it. "Well I was born to a pack, well it was more of an empire or something. My parents and grand parents were the only were wolves. They were considered gods and worshiped. They fought to protect the pack and made the rules. Below them were the Alphas, betas and then deltas." She paused taking a sip of tea. "The pack was all pure blood wolves and manly male minus the few females. I was the first female born in years. They praised my parents for they felt I was a sign of good fortune and healthy pups." She said

"I was spoiled I must admit I got everything and I was taught to shift and by a year old it was natural. I was demanding and wanted the world handed to me after all they called me god. My grandmother would teach me else wise though it never sank in. I hated fighting but I was told it was my job my elder brother was amazing. He was strong and my parents pride and joy. You know no place can be perfect though." She ate a bit more and looked at him god she was a big mouth didn't she know how to shut up. "Well to cut this short. War broke out with a rivaling pack and we were the first to go out mom was killed I got scared and ran. I ran here and now at four I'm learning new things and finally finding who I am." She said. "I talk a lot I'm sorry. Its rather rude." She said.

""

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####The space between them and the meat on the plate was making the situation awkward for him. He was certainly not going to eat first, especially because he had brought her the rabbits in the first place for her. On the other hand, however, he felt that it was rude to disregard what she was saying as if it did not matter to him, because it most certainly did. Even if there was not something forming between the two of them, her thoughts, words, and opinions would still matter to him, as a pack mate as well as a friend. "Ladies first," he said with a gentle smile, though he did reach out to pick up one of the smaller pieces for himself. He would eat when she did, and he found this to be a fair compromise for the both of them.

#####The fact that she was planning on moving the pups with her was very good, in his opinion, and he was glad to hear of it. Surely Leroy would not like them being in a different house all of the time, but it was not as if he could not visit. While the shepherd-malamute mix did feel badly for the black and white male, he knew that the pups absolutely needed to be with their mother. In this situation, they would have to make do with visits to and from their father. "That is good, as it is important for them to be with their lovely mother. Do you have a plan on where you will go, come springtime?" Vigilante had offered her the extra room in his house, but he had also offered to help her fix up another house in Lunenburg if she wanted, and he was curious to know if she had given either idea any serious thought, and which she preferred.

#####As she spoke, Vigilante listened intently, absorbing the information as she gave it. While doing so, he began to eat the small piece of meat he had taken, as she had so kindly already begun to eat. What she told him was interesting. He had known of and been an unwelcome visitor in many packs, and some of them had been a mix of wolves and luperci, with the occasional pack that was purely made up of regular wolves. However, he had never heard of the wolves worshipping the luperci in any of the packs he had learned of or experienced. It was an interesting thought, and he could not help but wonder if it was similar to the way that his parents had been the leaders of their pack, but the Elders had been the ones in charge generally, and he and his sister had been revered for their supposed destiny for the cursed future.

#####At her last sentence, he shook his head and chuckled in response to the sheepish disclaimer. "I like when you speak," he countered, "and you most certainly do not speak too much. I like hearing what you have to say, Ayita, and I enjoy hearing more about you," he ended, on a more serious note. While she was far more vocal than he was, it was not something that bothered him in the least. He did not speak as much as most, preferring his own stoic silence or minimal speaking, though he did enjoy talking with her. If anything was going to happen between the two of them, as well, he wanted to know as much about her as possible. It was unfortunate that he was not currently willing to reciprocate.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita ate a bit not saying much she wondered what the male that she called a friend would not tell her. Was it that he did not trust her? Was it that maybe it was something so terrible that he is hiding out? She sat there as she stared at him a bit and then looked back at her tea. Staring was quite rude and there was no excuse for being rude. Sipping her tea she then turned to look at her pups who were still semi asleep.

"You know Vigilante, I hope the two pups I have now are not the only two I have." She said thinking aloud the statement really wasn't meant to be aloud but hey what ever. She ignored her randomness for a moment as she took another drink emptying her cup. She was quite happy though she'd love to have a house of her own and she almost wished her brother was here. What was he doing now? What would he think of his not pure niece and nephew? They had been raised and by such a strick code but being away from that place had changed her she had changed so much.

"La maman qui est ici je veux parler aussi" Said Amaranth as she startled Ayita by pawing at her. She picked up the ever growing little girl looking over seeing Kable still dead asleep upside down paws sprawled stomach to the sky. "Son impoli juste pour faire ce mon bonbon mais c'est Vigilante disent bonjour"

She said stroking her daughters fur. "Bonjour" Amaranth said with a smile feeling very proud of herself. "Dans l'anglais mon cher" Ayita said smiling. Amaranth huffed a bit looking at her mother English was slightly harder for her."e..e..h......hi." She said with a shy smile she couldn't pronounce hello in English. Maybe its was the fact her mother spoke mostly french to them. It was like their special language. "I is Am..Amar...anth ya that's me " She smiled at her mother with pride of doing so well. "Bravo very well done practice practice practice." She said. Then she looked at Vigi. "You already knew who she was but she doesn't know you."

"" ""

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####The dog mutt felt guilty about not telling her what she had asked multiple times to know now, but he did not show this as he attempted to wrestle away those feelings. His past was not something he was comfortable talking about in the least; he was not proud, and he did not want her to think badly of him at all. Surely she would, once she knew his secret, whether it was because she was disgusted by his past or annoyed that he had kept it from her, or both options. He felt terrible for keeping it from her while she willingly told him stories from her past and he was able to indulge in knowing more about her, while he still remained a mystery to her. There would be no way for her to know anything about him, either, unless the words came from his own mouth, so it was not as if she could even ask anyone else. Until he was willing to comfortably divulge information, she would not know anything.

#####Ayita's seemingly random statement took him by surprise, but before he was able to respond, they were interrupted by a small voice speaking in the same tongue Ayita used that he did not understand. This was fine with him, admittedly, as he did not know how he was supposed to respond to such a statement. He did not know if she was referring to whatever was forming between them, or if she was merely speaking out of want. At some point in his life, he did want to be a father, although he did not know if it was something he should do, based on his history. If she were referring to children between the two of them, then he did not know what to think. She was very sweet and lovely, but he did not know whether or not they would be compatible once she knew everything that there was to know about him, if he eventually shared. He would not blame her if she decided against being his friend, let alone anything potentially more than that.

#####Mother and daughter exchanged words that he could not understand, only recognizing his name from all of the words spoken by the pair. Amaranth's English seemed broken, though he supposed that Ayita likely spoke her own language with them more often than not. Still, it would be beneficial for the pups to know English fluently, as well, and he hoped this was on the agenda. "Hello, Amaranth," he said with a warm smile. "You may call me Vigi if it is easier for you," he suggested, also knowing that the name sounded less intimidating. Surely she would not understand the meaning of his actual name, but it had a sharp, intimidating sound to it, in his opinion. It was long and it was not soft-sounding. "How are you?" he asked the young red and white girl, not bothered that she did not remember him. That was not surprising, and he had not expected her to, as he had last seen her when she had just been born. Obviously, she had not even been able to see him then, so she certainly would not remember him.

[/html]
[html]

Amaranth smiled as she was happy to be in the conversation. She looked at her mother and then at Vigi. It made her giggle a bit as she chanted his name over and other and other again. "Vigi vigi vigi." She said smiling as she looked at him with her bright eyes. "I'm fine? mayb..." She said with a smile.

She looked at Ayita before wrestling out of her grasp and over to him. "why is you here? Do you and mommy play together? " She asked she had no idea about love or anything. She thought they played games and stuff like her and Kable. "Oh I know you are one of my older siblings. Or wait mayb momma sin.. sings to you. Or hmmmmmmm.." She sat there looking at him.

Ayita smiled "My dear you have no older siblings." She said. She leaned over going to grab her as she moved closer to the edge of the table. "Amranth you'll fall come here now." She said. "Besides you should be resting with Kable." "But mommy." She whined going over to her. "I want to play with you and Vigi." She said. "Later love ok let us finish talking and eating and we'll play. run along." She said placing her on the ground. Amaranth smiled and ran other and laid back down with Kable. Ayita smiled "Vigi sorry about that. She's full of spit and vinegar. Anyhow."

"" ""

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####The young pup seemed to have quite the large amount of energy, boisterous and loud as she seemed to be. He didin't mind in the least; not only was she adorable in her excitement, but it also provided a change in the subject of their conversation. Vigilante did not like that he was keeping secrets from the woman, especially because she seemed so willing to share hers with him, even if she did seem to be easily embarrassed and bashful about speaking too much. She would need to realize that he did like hearing her speak, and he liked learning about her. He much preferred that over speaking himself, so the change of conversation was very much appreciated by the dog mutt. Shaking his head, he chuckled kindly at her excitement, putting his arms up on the table to aid in keeping her on the table, rather than allowing her to fall.

#####"Do not worry, Amaranth, we will play together soon--you, your brother, your mother, and myself will all do something together," he said kindly before watching her return to the blanket and her slumbering brother. truly, he did not mind the interruption, and she very well could have stayed there if she wanted to, although ultimately, the decision was only her mother's. He was very glad that Ayita had fielded the pup's questions, as well, as he would not have known what to say to them. Turning back to Ayita, he pondered her verbal expression for a moment with a grin. "That is a very odd and interesting expression," he mused, never having heard anything to be compared to "spit and vinegar" before. "But yes, anyhow," he repeated with a grin, lifting another small piece of meat to his mouth, chewing thoughtfully. He did hope she would initiate another topic of conversation, as he did not know what else to talk about. As was obvious by now, he was not amazing with conversation.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled as she looked out the window thinking to herself for a moment. "Hey you know I wonder what kind of games we would play." She smiled a bit of a devious look in her eye. She stood taking another piece of meat sticking it in her mouth. She lifted the blanket with the pups on it into the crib that was placed down here. it was nice and warm down here and Ayita wanted them to be warm. She slept on blankets on the floor most of the time.

She walked towards vigi. "Your one of the few remaining true gentlemen. I like that in you but I wish you were a bit more of a fighter? no thats not the right word. Forceful, no thats not it. Maybe more open though in time you will tell me what I need to know. I'm in no rush there are other ways to get to know someone." She said as she leaned against the wall. She smiled at him.

"Is there anything I can do to tempt you to the dark side? Besides nothing like a good time between two close friends. She said. She had a smirk on her face now. Now she didn't even care about sex it was about getting close to him. about getting to hold him getting to know about him here as he was. She didn't care about his past at this moment or anything she cared about him in the now.

"" ""

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####Her tone was suggestive, but he chose not to make any visible reaction to the question. It was very obvious what she meant by the question, and while he was not experienced in the department of love and passion, Vigilante knew what she was talking about. The mutt's assumptions were only further proven by what she said next, and he was afraid she might be upset if he declined. There was not anything he wanted to do to upset his friend, but he simply was not able to think of doing those things with her yet. Sex was something he linked to love and meaningful passion, and women were not things to be used for pleasure. First and foremost, it was his duty to ensure that they were happy. By not jumping at her suggestion immediately, he certainly hoped he would not upset her. Ayita did not deserve such a thing.

#####It was not as if he was afraid that she would become pregnant if they did anything, since she had just had her children and it would be many months until she could conceive again. Simply, it was not something he was comfortable using more than feeling. Vigilante had been raised with morals that, while some were not exactly ideal, he could not set aside. "I think it may be best to wait to do anything serious until we are more than close friends, if that is to happen," he began carefully, trying to keep his tone light so as to not upset her. "There are many factors in that thought, but the main reason is that I feel that too much just happened. You became a mother, an amazing one, but you also just got out of a relationship. I do not want to rush anything," he added, hoping that his word choice would alieviate anything negative she might be feeling. "Besides, we have all the time in the world." He could not let go of his own code of honor, and while he did not want to upset the beautiful woman, he also did not want to rush what was forming between them. If it was meant to happen, then it would do so in good time.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled she was almost pleased to hear how kind he was. She walked over to him bending down she felt bad but she had to get her point across. She kissed him. She stood there for a few and then pulled away. "I'm sorry." She said as she went over to the fire. She didn't make a sound or anything but she stood there and looked at the fire. "I shouldn't have done that. " She said as she turned to look at him.

"" ""

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####Vigilante was pleased that Ayita did not seem terribly offended or upset that he was not immediately receptive to her suggestive words. That was very much a relief, as he did not know how he would handle her being upset over something that was such a delicate subject. It seemed that she was okay with waiting until things progressed further, if they did, and he was glad to know that they were on the same level with that. This is why he was surprised by her kiss. It was pleasant surprise, but he was most definitely surprised by her actions, which caused him to look at her curiously as she pulled back and walked away from him. If it had not taken him by such surprise, he would have kissed her back. His body wanted to respond, but his mind had not had the chance to.

#####It had been unexpected, but it had not been uncalled for, and it certainly had not been unpleasant. It pained him to know that she regretted kissing him. "No, Ayita. It is there; we both know that it is there. You have nothing to apologize for," he said softly, jade eyes settling on her lovely face. He still did not want to rush things, but he was glad that the first actual step had been taken. He stood from his seat at the table, crossing the room to rest his hands on her shoulders. "You have nothing to be sorry for," he repeated, voice kind and barely a whisper. In the back of his mind, though, he could only think that it should be him apologizing to her. She deserved so much more than someone like him, and at the very least, she deserved to know why he was not good for her, but he just could not tell her yet.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita looked at him and leaned into him. She closed her eyes for a breif moment litening to his voice. It sent chills down her spin as to how much she enjoyed the sound the came from him. His voice was something she'd grown to know as safty that with him she was ok.

"My dear would you stay with me here as long as you can? I promise Leroy wont be mad. I would like to sit one the couch and rest in your arms. Maybe talk a bit more as we watch the fire." She said looking at him with her crystal eyes. She was just wanting his touch and to know he was there. Though she knew full well he would be there. Something in her mind wanted to beg him to be there longer and stay. Laying her head on his chest she didn't know this mans past but she knew him here wasn't that good enough? Is that what she settled on in honesty it was she didn't care where he came from. As long as she got to keep him and have him for her own.

"" ""

[/html]
[html]

Fade to black. ^^ 300+ words.

#####Feeling her weight shift so that more was against him, Vigilante held her more tightly, hoping to reassure her that he was not going to go anywhere yet and that he cared for her very much, even if he was not willing to let their relationship progress further than it already had. That is, he would not let it move forward until he was sure that they were meant to be together, rather than something from the heat of the moment. Unfortunately, he could never know something like that until he felt comfortable sharing his secrets with her, although he wished that were not so. Life would be significantly easier if he could simply ignore the past and start over completely. Why did he feel that she needed to know, anyway? He supposed it was his noble nature, as he did not want to deceive her in any way. It just would not be right to do so; he couldn't.

#####Gently leading her to the couch, Vigilante eased himself down with her, keeping his arms around her loosely. He would not stay forever, and he would not sleep there, but he would certainly hold her and talk to her. "I would like to know more about your brother," he said gently, smiling. "I could tell you about my sister," he added. It was a safe topic, because he would not need to give too many details about his sister. "She was a wonderful woman," he continued. Martyr had been beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and caring. In a way, he supposed Ayita reminded him of his sister, but there were most definitely differences between the two women. In both women, he saw strength, but it had been a different sort of strength with his sister. She'd had the strength to give her life to save others, even if it may not have worked. Ayita had a different sort of strength coursing through her body and mind.

[/html]