Arrival of a valkyrie
OOC:*/ sorry this post sucks for all you rp veterans. here is her profile.

Character Name: AriaDeValkeria
Character Birthdate (including year): october 8, 2006
Luperci (verto)
Species: Canis lupus articos
A secondary form of contact: MSN: barbill616@sbcglobal.net
Susquehanna showed me this place.

A grayish white wolf wandered along the fence line on the Aniwaya border, wondering what was inside the fence, when she came upon the opening. She wandered in, listening and looking around cautiously, for she could smell that this area was owned by a group and didn't want to be caught unawares by anything. After walking a few meters inside the border she started paying close attention to the terrain just in case she needed to escape. She kept herself from hunting so that she didn't seem a thief in this new territory and wanted as little conflict as possible.

She didn't wander too far from the entrance, but she traveled for a few hundred feet along the inner edge of the fence before returning to the entrance to wait, hoping that she wouldn't encounter any males at the border, and shivering in fear of her... past 'experiences' with males.
[html]
ooc: Hello there! welcome to 'souls Big Grin

She was starting to get back on her feet again and had been walking around a lot in the last few days. Ember's illness had lasted nearly two weeks and had kept her off her feet. She didn't know exactly what she'd had, whether it had been some kind of a cold or the flu, but she had barely been able to breathe..had been feverish, and had become dizzy whenever she would try and stand up. Her tribe had kept her very well supplied, something that she was grateful for.

The dark leader was getting around to checking the borders today, this being the farthest trip that she had made thus far since her bout with that odd illness. It was nice to get back to some kind of normalcy; she had gone stir-crazy stuck in her den all day, though a good majority of her time had been spent dazed or sleeping. Her sister had visited with herbs that had kick-started her immune system back up and now she was feeling much better.

She stood on two legs today, her long black cloak protecting her still-weak body from the elements as she walked. Her sword Lightning was strapped carefully to her belt, a dagger next to that. She was a warrior of Aniwaya and would protect the lands if she found anything suspicious...regardless of her strength.

That thought was just passing through her head when she smelled the stranger, and bright green eyes flickered across the surroundings, trying to catch a glimpse of whoever it was. She finally saw the other wolf, a shape along the fence that surrounded this portion of Aniwaya, and approached slowly. "Howdy there, stranger. What can I do for ya?"
[/html]
OOC: Hello, and thanks for welcoming me. by the way... why doesn't the tab button work on the post box? sorry if my posts aren't very good. >>;

Aria flinched as she heard someone approaching, and turned to where the sound came from, crouching low as she did. Her belly fur almost touching the ground as she searched for who she smelled, before seeing the other wolf in their optime form, clad in a raven colored cloak. After smelling that the new wolf was a female, she relaxed slightly, and then remembered her manners, sitting nervously with her half tail close to her and her ears flat against her head.

Glancing around to make sure no one was coming from her sides Aria faced the approaching wolf... Then she realized that the other female was in the optime form and blinked in surprise, but kept her amazement from showing for more than an instant and regained a little of her composure. "H-hello... Is... Is this your land?" She lowered herself to the ground in a submissive posture just in case, and checked her surroundings again. "I-i didn't meant to trespass.. I would like to join this pack, if it's not a burden..."
[html]
ooc: Hm! I use tables, so I'm not too sure. D: And your post is awesome!

Ember was drained, to say the least, and the thing that she wanted most was to see what this wolf wanted so that she could head back home and get some more sleep. She hadn't wanted to shirk her duties and had wanted to be able to say that she had watched the borders...she had not expected to actually find anyone, though. The black wolf stood straight with a sharp, dominant posture, chin lifted slightly so that she might look down at the newcomer. The white beads and colored feathers in her long dark hair brushed together as she stood, the breeze making the bone-beads meet each other with tiny little clicks.

The posture of the wolf before her changed as the tall leader approached and she stopped a few feet away so as to assess the situation. The first question was answered with a nod.
"Yep. Well..I guess they belong to all of the tribemembers here, but I am one of the guardians of it, yes. These are the lands of the Aniwaya Tribe" The other female made her intent clear, that she wished to join, and Ember spoke once more. "If I could ask, what sort of skills do ya have that might benefit the tribe? We have a different kind of ranking system here, with different paths that a wolf can go down depending on what they're good at or what they're interested in"
[/html]
OOC: oh. ^^; well thanks for trying. reason I asked was that I tried to do tab and it made the page descend and spaces won't show up as an indention. and you can be honest with me, compared to most people's posts here, it sucks.

Aria noticed the other female's tiredness, but didn't move, unsure if it was a sign of something bad was about to happen or if it had no meaning what-so-ever. Clearing her head of the thought and listened intently on what the dominant female was saying, waiting a moment after she finished to make sure the other wolf was finished before speaking herself "Oh okay, thank you. I-i'm skilled at making basic tools, and traps... and I can hunt small game decently... and I also know a few of the poisonous plants so to stay away from them..."

She averted her eyes from the other female and looked around again, nervously checking her surroundings to make sure nothing is approaching them, her tail moving further in between her legs. She looks back at the dominant female but keeps her eyes below the other wolf's to avoid eye contact. For an instant her past experiences with being submissive came to her and made her shiver in fear, before she could force it back to her subconscious, and scolding herself mentally for shivering like that, unsure if she should apologize for it or keep her muzzle shut.
[html]
ooc: Everyone roleplays a different way. I judge by whether the person gives me something to respond to, not length or anything...so your posts are just fine. The only thing that I noticed was that you sometimes switch between present and past tense. From "she looked" to "she looks". My posts aren't free of mistakes, though, either.

The dark wolf had always lived in this area, never straying, so she was unused to some of the behaviors that some wolves gave her. She respected the submission that the other was showing to her, taking it as a show of good faith. The wolf wasn't looking defensive or showing any dominance, making Ember more easily trust her. Members came and went, and as long as Aria knew the basics then she had no problem accepting her and giving her a chance.

"Once you're settled you can start thinking about what sort of a role you'd like to take. I took the warrior route, wantin' to protect the pack and strengthen my mind and body. My friend Hemming is kind of a carpenter, I guess...making structures in the village for the tribe to use." She wasn't trying to look threatening and hoped that Aria might warm up in time. She didn't know where the other wolf came from, but it was a detail that she wasn't going to try and discover at this time.

"Follow me. You're accepted, as an Itse...the general rank for a wolf who hasn't yet chosen their path. I'll show you where you can find a few good caves, or good spots to dig for dens. Unless you'd rather live in one of the houses in the village" She turned then, beginning to walk into the woods.
[/html]
OOC: Thanks for the compliment, and for telling me about my mistake. I didn't know I was doing that. ^^; sorry if it made it difficult to respond to. Hmm... feels like I've heard the line "Isn't it dangerous to go it alone?" before...

The gray wolf nodded, just then realizing the kind of rank the other female wolf had. With that realization, she looked around again to see if there were other members around and, realizing the clearly high ranking wolf was alone, wondered why at least one other member of the pack wasn't with her. She held her tongue for the moment, unsure if it would be against this packs rules or not.

When she saw the black she wolf walking away Aria stood up slowly and followed, some of her nervousness gone, and glad to have found a new pack. As they walked she made sure to watch the surroundings, slightly confused, a little nervous, but mostly to try to memorize the layout of the land. "If it's not overstepping my bounds... May I ask why you came to search the border of the territory... without someone to watch your back? I-isn't it dangerous to go it alone?" She kept her ears and eyes down, and her tail between her legs still, hoping her questions weren't taken as an offense.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]
ooc: :3

Aniwaya had brought the dark wolf a sense of self, over time. She had once been a very wild and rambunctious youth with no goals and no direction in life. She'd loved and had been hurt, and that had turned her a little hard. Maybe a bit less emotional, too. She had realized after her fight with her sister Firefly that if she wanted to be anything, be anybody, that she would have to join a pack and stick to it. She had gone from pack to pack, from one place to the next. Tayui was the one who had befriended her despite her horrible ways.

Slowly, over time, Ember had developed skills with her sword and a definite goal. Tayui had brought her to Aniwaya when she had thought that her life was over...but Ember was discovering new reasons to live every day. She was so very happy here in this tribe. She gave a smile at the question, shrugging. "It could be, but Aniwaya's pretty far away from some of the other packs. The group who causes a lot of the trouble is the coyote clan Inferni, up to the northeast of here...but we don't see too much of them. I have my sword to protect me, along with my dagger. So far, neither have failed me. I chose the warrior route here to prove that I could be something, make somethin' out of myself. There ain't too much that intimidates me, these days. Been pretty peaceful"

She walked a bit longer before deciding to ask a question of her own, one that she had decided against asking about before. Every wolf had their own past and she didn't want to make the newcomer divulge any information that she didn't feel comfortable sharing. "What were things like where you're from? I've always lived around here.l"
[/html]
OOC: ^3^ yay! an almost half way decent post! if my word program is correct it's about 400 words.

Aria yawned slightly, her sleep having been less than restful due to the past she had, just recently, escaped. Her eyes wandered around, memorizing the path out of habit. She despised getting lost, for it usually meant having to wander around for hours or even days just trying to find the path she was on, not including the time she needed to sleep or hunt. When she heard the other wolf talk her ears turned towards the raven colored female to not miss anything, nodding slowly. "Hmm... I see... My father felt the same way, before he died." She sighed remembering him, enjoying the few memories she still had of her deceased father, a soft smile appeared on her face.

She followed the other wolf, memories of her past coming up to the front of her mind as they walked, and listened to the her walk softly. She blinked when she heard the other female's question and stayed silent for several moments, her smile vanishing, and caused her to stop. "Well... If it's required for you to know... My pack had been a small but content one, enjoying life and having very few worries.... My father was the alpha, mother a gamma, but they were good leaders, loved by those who they lead." she paused and thought on how to continue, before deciding to just say it all. "But I guess one of the followers didn't like that my father was fair, and didn't abuse his powers... So he made a coup, changing into a much stronger form before us all." she shivered remembering it and forced her voice to stay neutral. "After that, he set his eyes on me... he wanted me to be his mate... My mother tried to stop him but he killed her..." Aria paused for a minute, fighting back the emotions. "He got his way... I was a yearling when that happened... I finally was able to kill him about a month ago... But because of all that he had done to me, I'll never be able to carry a litter..."

For several moments, she just sat there, reliving what had happened, before getting up and walked past the female she was with "I hope I didn't upset you with my story..." she looked back and tilted her head "So... where was this place you wanted to show me?" she asked curiously, her face an emotionless mask as she watched the other wolf.
[html]
ooc: very cool. And you can post anywhere you'd like now, since she is accepted and stuffs Big Grin

She had come close to death and did keep her guard up, but so far they hadn't had a whole lot of action. There was the creature that had attacked the pups and then Dawali, but he was dead now...so there was nothing to fear, right? She hoped so. Ember had the sword so that she could protect the tribe with it, but how good was she really? She would have to find someone else who had one and face off with them, perhaps.

"I never said that it was a requirement." She frowned. She hadn't meant to ask for the woman's story, especially if Aria hadn't wanted to share it, and this upset her slightly. Ember spoke again afterward, having listened to the story in silence. "There are very few here, if any, who are like that wolf. Especially not in my tribe. If I were to find out that someone I knew was doing things like that...I would slay 'em myself."

She did not exactly know what could be done to a wolf that would prevent it from being able to carry a litter, but kept her mouth shut--she did not want to ask those kinds of details. Had the healer in their tribe said that this wolf couldn't have pups? She wanted to stay hopeful. Maybe there was something that Naniko knew, that she could do that might help Aria.

"My sister's a healer...That's not right--not fair to you that you wouldn't be able to carry puppies. If you would ever want them, anyway. Perhaps there is something that could be done? Some help that she could give you? And the place is just ahead--between those two large trees" Offering Naniko up without asking her was alright, she knew; the white wolf was very friendly and open to helping anyone in need. She started walking again, brow creased slightly, hoping that something good could come of this. At least here Aria would be protected.
[/html]
OOC: Thank you. ^^ I'm glad to know that. 400 words approximately.

The grayish-white wolf didn't mind anyone else knowing her past. It had already happened, and would keeping it secret change it? She shook her head, coming to the conclusion easily. No... But letting others know would keep them from hurting her in ignorance, and vice-versa. She looked back and glanced at the weapon on the black wolf's hip, wondered how effective it was, and weather it was easily made.. before she decided that it probably wasn't.

Her ears perked up at the sound of the other female's voice, nodding and shrugging "Might as well know... who knows, maybe might prove helpful..." she said, not believing that her past would be of much use, to the pack. She silenced herself when she saw her higher ranked packmate was about to speak. Closing her eyes, she nodded while the other talked, taking in the information the other female gave her, thinking it over carefully. "What could be done to fix her, after that long?" she thought, before realizing that she hadn't told her higher up what exactly had happened to make her barren.

She fought with herself mentally over what could be done, if anything but decided that only a healer could tell what, if anything, could help. At the mention of Ember having a sister, who specialized in the healing arts, made her open her eyes and glance towards the location the black wolf had specified. She walked along for a moment, slightly behind the other wolf, before deciding to speak. "The reason I'm barren... Is that the usurper didn't rape me just once... he did it multiple times over a period of about 20 months... my parents were just normal wolves, so I wasn't born with the ability to change... I got that after he raped me..." she sighed, unwilling to get her hopes raised, when it was most likely hopeless. "Well only a few days to my due date, I was walking along the edge of a small cliff around the nearby lake when I slipped. The landing... caused me to change... I lost the pups, and only barely survived... That happened about three months ago, and since then I haven't had period of heat..."

She shook her head questioningly "Do you think that your sister can reverse the damage from that?... if she can't I wouldn't want to bother her... A healer's time is better spent with those they can help..." Aria lowered her gaze to the ground, almost certain that her's was a lost cause.
[html]
ooc: ^_^ mine is a bit short :3 We should have another thread sometime!

"I'm really sorry. I can't say that I know how you feel, but I'm glad that you're here where we can keep you safe. I'll send a message to my sister asking her about it." Naniko had recently had a litter of four pups that Ember kept going to go and visit. She had been there only a few days ago and it would be faster to send her a message via one of her sister's birds. There was a bird in northern Aniwaya that her sibling had healed once upon a time.

She came upon the area that she had told the other about and waved her hand in their direction. "You can stay in any of these...mine's pretty close by, if you ever need anything. At the end of the day I don't have a lot to do, and would welcome a visitor" Perhaps she would find a friend in this new packmember.

[/html]
OOC: thanks for the thread. ^^ and just tell me if you want to do another one. I'm pretty much open since I'm so new... truthfully I'm having a hard time finding people to rp with. And sometimes short is good.

Aria shrugged, confused slightly as to why the black wolf was apologizing for something she didn't do. After listening to the younger wolf talk for a few seconds she looked up at the feme "Why did you apologize? You weren't the one who raped me, and it's my fault for falling and changing..." she looked around, still unsure if she was truly safe but wouldn't verbalize those thoughts. "Either way, even if I was to regain the ability to have pups... I'm not sure I could do it." The gray-white wolf was still terrorized by her rapist in her dreams and would most likely never fully recover mentally.

When the two wolves came upon the area the raven colored one had told Aria about she looked around and sniffed around, testing the scents. She eventually found a building that she liked and sat in front of it, turning back to face the other female "Hmm... May I have this one?" she motioned to the one she had chosen, curious about weather or not it was ok for her to have this abode to herself. Looking around, she became curious as to where the other female lived "Where is your home? I'll visit you when I have free time. I owe you that much... Is everyone in this pack as, generous as you?" Her tail wagged a little, surprised and glad to have found a gentler place than where she came from.