I won't let go, because i know...
[html]

Ruri, of course ;D

His light toned hand stroked the nose of the roan colored face. Gold eyes looked at the horse in the fading daylight. She was beautiful, unique in her pattern and stunning in the melting of dark and light. But, as eyes watched her his mind did not register the grace and beauty that stood before him. He was far away, off in a place where there was no divide, no space between him and to collie-woman that had taken his heart. She owned it, just as Lumière owned his spirit, just as his faithless father owned his past, as just as he alone owned his future.

The dark eye turned to tell him to watch the sky. Heath turned, leaning against the mare and scanning the sky. The cold brought a shorter day, but it had stretched on and he felt as if three days had past with no darkness to speak of. Honey eyes looked into the clouds, their red melting into the blue of the clean autumn sky. Soon, he thought as he began to walk slowly. The trio had ridden all the way outside of the pack borders, an invisible stampede barreling them out into the free lands.

Heath did not like to replay the scene in his head, and it was so fresh that he could start the confrontation from any point and still know all the details. Instead of thinking of the things he could have done, the ways that he would have been able to remain beside her and still be in Jac’s good faith. It was over, he had left for so many reasons and it was time to return. He would not leave her for good, he never would. Heath walked until the sky was no longer the colored of her pale eyes and then mounted the mare and led Stark back into the lands that he called home.

The travel was quicker then he thought it would have been, though of course the male knew that way so well. Lumière knew it too, but they still entered the wooded surroundings of the cabin in the dark of night. There was no scent of the King lingering in the trees, and his courage grew and blossomed. The tawny male still wore the denim pants that he had during his last visit, but the shirt was tied to Starks saddle. Heath heard the bells, so faint in the calm night. He was getting closer and closer with each hoof beat.

Gold eyes saw the cabin between the trees, The sound and smell of the beach lingering in his ears and under his nose. The mare danced between the trees slowly, and his hand lightly touched the bells that he past. She would hear them, and in a way he knew she would be waiting for him. She knew he would come back, something Heath hoped more then anything. He and the horse kept to the shadows, passing the stench of liquor that stained the side of the house and reached the window. Atop the beast Heath could peer through the glass easily. The large room that was open to the front door, and then a more shadowed room. Taking a faithfilled breath Heat let a dark claw clink against the glass.

500+

[/html]
[html]

Seems very Romeo-and-Juliet-ish don't ya think? ^_^

It was late. Ruri knew it, for she could not hear any birds singing outside which likely meant they were all asleep, as she should be. However, just like the pain-filled night before, Ruri found herself wide awake unable to shut her blind eyes for even a moment of rest. She had had a visit earlier that day, from a new pack member, Finn, who had helped doctor her sprained ankle a bit. For the most part the injury was immobilized, meaning that she didn't have to take care with each and every movement she made. However, getting around was still a chore. She had managed to hop on one leg from her seat on the old couch to the old bed in the adjacent room, a remarkable feat for one who could not see. However, even her soft bed was not enough to scare away whatever it was that was hindering her from sleeping.

The exhaustion left the ivory and slate female in a sort of fuzzy daze, her normally acute senses dulled by the fact that her body lacked the energy she needed to pay attention to them. However, drowsy as she was, she managed to catch an unfamiliar sound, the sound of a knock on her front porch window. Immediately, Ruri shook off her sleepiness and inhaled deeply, both to catch her breathe and to analyze any scents on the wind. She recognized who it was immediately, and wondered why he had bothered to knock on the window. The door was not locked. Surely he knew that. "C-come in," she called, pushing herself up with her arms so that she at least looked like she was awake. Immediately realizing that she was lying on the bed without any clothes or blankets to hide her injury, Ruri did her best to grab the nearest quilt and throw it over her legs clumsily. She didn't need him worrying about what had happened to her. No, she wanted him to speak without any sort of distraction. It was likely that he had something to say. She too had something to tell him, although he needn't worry about such a thing. She simply wished to apologize for the trouble she had caused him. It was likely that the blow Jac had given him had hurt, for she knew how strong Jac was. That was just one of the grievances that he had endured the night before.

[/html]
[html]

very much so... though i couldn't force him through the window... that would have been embarrassing!

There was a place inside him that was fearless. It was small, swimming through the dread that he felt towards the leader of his pack. The black pool was treacherous, and yet that small part had lived longer then he thought possible. Heath looked to it now, as the faint sound of her voice spoke. Would she warn him if Jac was there? The question didn’t need to be asked, and instead Heath heeled Lumière towards the door and dismounted with a practiced movement onto the porch. The golden eye male didn’t look at the font door, opening it smoothly and quietly. Eyes searched the space inside, a place he had never been before. Her scent surrounded him, softer then when in her direct presence, but it was still overwhelming.

The floorboards creaked slightly under his weight, and Heath moved to avoid the loose planks. The darkness made it difficult to make out the details of her furnishings, but the male cared little about the things that she kept. He found the room that owned the window he had knocked upon and slowly moved to its entrance. The door was closed slightly, and he moved towards the opening with the sound of his heart in his ears. Never had he met her in a place so secluded as this, and to be in her very bedroom made him slightly uneasy. But the dark ocean of dread and fear no longer drowned his courage, and with a step he moved the door and spoke her name.
“Ruri.” As if she needed to know that someone was here, of who it was that sought her in the dead of the night.

In the dim light he saw that she lay against her bed, covered by a blanket and likely woken by his pestering. He had silently promised to return, and so here he was. He needed her to forgive him for his follies, and ease his worries. The fragile woman was the one that needed to comfort him in his insecurities.
“Did I wake you?” He asked uneasily, still standing beside the door.

300+

[/html]
[html]

Ack! Horrid post on my part, but at least I got something done X_X

Within mere moments of Ruri responding to Heath's knock on her window, he was coming inside. Just then it occurred to Ruri that Jontae was asleep in one of the other rooms in the small cabin. What if Heath woke up Jontae? He wouldn't mean to of course, but Jontae with her mischievous antics might never go back to sleep, and Ruri wasn't in the condition to chase after her. THe male spoke her name and then promptly asked if he had awoken her. She shook her head negatively and replied, "No Heath you didn't wake me up. Come in here please, and shut the door behind you. I'm helping to take care of Jac's daughter, Jontae. She's asleep in the other room. Firefly helps take care of her part of the time. That's where she was last night." She had to explain quickly and quietly. Heath probably had no idea that Jac even had a daughter, and would likely wonder what she was talking about. As long as he came into the room and shut the door, she would talk, but she didn't want to risk waking the little pup.

The ivory and slate female wanted to get up and hug Heath, but she knew that she couldn't. If she even moved she would expose her injury to the male and he would start to worry and feel guilty. She didn't want any of that. Of course, it was inevitable that he would find out, but Ruri did wish to avoid drawing attention to herself for just a bit longer. Heath had come back to see her, just like he had promised. She wanted to just enjoy his company for awhile.

[/html]
[html]

short too ><; away this weekend... bb monday <3

The moon beyond the cabin’s roof was large and round, almost whole. It’s light streamed through the windows glass, highlighting her face and making all her silver tones stark. The alabaster looking female blindly looked in his direction, her eyes peering through him with ease. Still as stone Heath stood until her voice broke the silence. Her invitation was hard to hear beyond the knowledge that she gave. Jac daughter? Though glad that it was not the King himself, Heath was weary at the thought of meeting one of his pups, and in this circumstance. With out a word of question Heath slipped into her room, closing the door slowly. It clicked closed, and he turned back to face her once again.

The room felt smaller then it had just a moment before, warmer as well. Heath stood with the door to his back, she did not rise to greet him nor to invite him further into her sleeping quarters. It was odd, for the woman had always greeted him with a flurry of emotion and contact. She must be mad, or unhappy, or disappointed in their last meeting. Heath had hated it, and yet the urge to let his finger touch her silk fur was not stifled by the past tension.
“I didn’t know if I should come.” He admitted, breaking the frigidity of his form and walking closer. Heath looked down at he face, standing at the side of the bed.
“I’m sure Jac wants me out.” Out of the pack, out of her life.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the rambling. Ruri, like me, tends to talk a lot when she's trying to convey a serious point, probably because she doesn't precisely know what to say.

Ruri smiled once Heath shut the door. Now they could talk freely without having to beware of waking Jontae. The ivory and merle female wanted so badly to jump up and wrap her arms around the coy-wolf, but she couldn't even stand on two feet. Her ankle was still covered by the blanket, hiding the mostly dried, cold compresses that Finn Fidh had applied earlier that day. Hopefully if he did move closer he wouldn't bump her leg. She didn't want to wince in pain, or do anything to draw attention to the fact that her ankle was very tender. The delicate female heard Heath's unsure voice as he mentioned his insecurity over whether or not to return. Then he mentioned that Jac probably wanted him out, to which Ruri frowned. "Jac wouldn't dare do such a thing! He wouldn't dare..." she trailed off, her brow furrowed in a mildly irritated manner a position it did not take often. The slate and white female slowly slid backwards in her bed until her back was against the old head board. Now there was room for Heath to take a seat if he wished. "I'm very glad you came Heath. I wanted to tell you how sorry I am. It's my fault that Jac acted the way he did last night. I should have told him sooner that I had feelings for you, and confronted him about his own issues with me. I love him, and he knows that, but he also knows that he could never be...my mate..." she froze when the word escaped her mouth. She hadn't meant to say it, but it was already too late. Jac's words from the night before about how she was too young to have a lover had made her want to prove him wrong. She didn't want to outright disobey him, but she had to prove to him that she knew more than he gave her credit for. Innocent as she was, her life with a tail-chasing, drunkard king had given her some small insight into the realms of social life that Ruri had been shielded from. For the most part, of course, Ruri had no desire to engage in those acts such as drinking herself under the table and so on, but Ruri was growing up and the fact that she was blind shouldn't hinder her from being able to experience the goodness of love.

Ruri now realized that she had paused for quite some time as she had thought about this and the awkward silence had probably left Heath wondering what she had meant. With a bit of a timid smile Ruri found herself struggling to recover,"What I meant to say was...that Jac feels like what he did last night was the right thing. I don't agree with him of course. I love you Heath! I love Jac too, but you know that it's different. Jac doesn't seem to understand though and I'm not sure how to make him understand without hurting his feelings. I don't want to hurt your feelings either Heath, but I don't know what to do. Both of you are trying your hardest to do the right thing, while I can't seem to figure anything out at all. I hated it when he hit you last night. I was so proud of you that you didn't hit him back, but when you left...I didn't understand right then what you were doing. I tried to chase after you...and then I got hurt," she confessed pulling the blanket off of her mildly bandaged ankle. She knew she had just said quite a lot, as was her habit when she was confused and upset, but she hoped that Heath didn't have too much trouble understanding. She also hoped that he wouldn't blame himself for her getting hurt. It was her fault entirely, and she knew it. If Heath started to feel guilty about something that wasn't his fault Ruri would only feel worse and the cycle would never end.

[/html]
[html]

xD

He wished that she could see that he smiled every time she did. It was among the many things he wished she could see, but that was the most simple and genuine. He wished she could see that Jac was only being stubborn that he had made Heath abandon her, made him push himself away from her when he only wanted to cradle and protect her just as the King wished. The smile was sort lived, unsure if her words were actually true. The pain in his face was still there at the touch of it, and Heath still looked over his shoulder when walking on pack lands. Heath slid onto the bed, though as he did he was unsure if it had been a true invitation. He fought to find the wrong in it, and couldn’t find it.

Her words made him stare at her face. They came in a plenty, and quickly enough that he had to fight to keep up with them. He also became stuck on the word that she paused along. There was silence as they both thought of it. Heath had only ever thought of her in such a way. A commitment that he was so ready to make for she and she alone. In his mind Jac would never be able to live that way, and in the end she would only be hurt by it. Heath leaned towards her, a hand on the bed so that he rested closer to her. Her voice was still uneasy, not the sweet and energized tone that he was used to.

It wasn’t her fault. The only ones to blame were the males that fought over her. He and Jac fought for different reasons, and yet it didn’t matter why they fought. They episode had left a mark on each of them, and as Ruri explained Heath came to know that she had been hurt the most. He leaned back, “Is it broken?” He spoke in a small frenzy. The splint should have told him that no it was only a sprain and that a fracture would yield a cast. Gold eyes looked to the silver female and his voice spoke of his sorrow. “Its not your fault.” He wanted to scream and yet he could only remain calm beside her. “I should have stayed, but I would sure he would have kicked me out for good.” he couldn’t believe the foolishness of the King, to not be able to catch her as she fell, and the cowardliness that he held for being unable to stay and stand against him.

“I want the same things for you, as he does.” Heath wished he could see that. But Heath wanted them more, loved her more. They had a history, and yet Jac lacked the depth and the heart that yearned for everything that Heath did. Her pain almost drew him to tears, and looking back at the bandages he wished that he had been there to care for her. He let the silence take over. Sitting beside her, Heath took her hand and whispered softly “Im sorry.” He looked at her hand in his wide palm, and then brought it to his lips and kissed it. “I wont go again.” he said. He loved the woman, and she lay here battered by that declaration. Jac could kill him, and then he would be left to explain his death to Ruri. But Heath would not go.

500+

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the powerplay. I can change it if you wish, but I figured it was about time that they kissed. Plus, Ruri was feeling the need to prove Jac wrong. She's mature enough to make some of her own decisions like who to love and what not. lol Yay for cute couples!

The sound of Heath's worried voice made Ruri's ears fall flat in guilt. She hadn't meant to upset him with her injury. It had been her own fault for not paying attention to where she was going. He wasn't to blame and yet here he was telling her that it wasn't her fault. Of course it was. Heath and Jac would have no reason to fight if Ruri had tried to deal with the potential problem before it boiled over. Instead she had ignored it hoping that it would just go away. Well it hadn't. Ruri then felt Heath grip her hand after confessing again what she already knew. Then he apologized again before doing something Ruri didn't quite expect. He kissed her hand. It felt good, but she almost wished it had been on her lips. She had almost been ready to kiss him herself the night before, but Jac had interrupted. The silver and white border collie barely heard Heath promising that he wouldn't go again, something which she was very glad about. However, at the moment she was a bit preoccupied. Moving her free hand up to Heath's face, Ruri slowly started to lean forward, doing her best not to move her ankle."Let me show you how happy I am." she whispered as she continued to move closer. She didn't want to miss, her hand served as a sort of guide. As she touched his cheek she immediately knew where his lips were. Then, without a second thought, the innocent lautari connected her lips with his, in what she would call her first real kiss.

Certainly before this she had kissed Jac on the cheek. But that was like a kiss from a devoted little sister to a big brother that she adored, not like this kiss. This was different. After their lips contacted one another Ruri felt herself almost going numb from the sensation, almost disconnected from reality while at the same time craving every passing millisecond. Her hand gradually fell from Heath's face instead moving under his arm to touch his back and pull herself closer to him. The fact that she was also subconsciously trying to avoid moving her ankle made the position she was in seem a little awkward, but she didn't care. This was her first kiss, and she was enjoying it immensely.

[/html]
[html]

they r CUTE!!

The darkness of the room was suffocating. He could hardly breathe; too upset by her injury too concerned with their king to find the air that he knew lingered in the room. The moon seemed to have been snuffed out, and all he would see was the lightness of her slivered and cream features. The pale pupilless eyes looked into and through him as they always did. He of course was the only one affected by the dark. He could never imagine what it was like for her, and only if his blink lingered did he catch a small notion of what it was to live as she did. Even as he slept he had dreams to fill his mind’s eye.

His lips lingered at her fingers, his words slowly filling the space between them. Golden eyes watched her, and there was something that changed in the collie woman, something that he had seen before but only a small hint of. She spoke, and Heath had grown naïve enough to not see what came next before it was upon him. Her hand on his face, gentle as she always was, and in an instant her mouth was touching his. His breath was gone, the only thing he could hear was the beating of his heart in his ears. Heath immediately kissed her in return, gently leaning into her with care.

His hand reached for the back of her neck, cradling her head. He moved gingerly around her, unsure if there was any other part that might hurt. Time slowed, stopped and Heath savored the timeless moment. It was like he had never kissed another creature. Nerves danced beyond his skin, the electricity running through them both. The feeling was new and foreign, so much so that Heath didn’t feel the normal eagerness that would come with such contact. It was not as if he didn’t want her. He wanted every inch, but wished to experience the smallest bits of Ruri and bask in each moment.

Their lips broke, and the male took a needed breath. Eyes opened to meet her face an inch from his own. Heath drew the hand he held to his face, he wanted her to see that he smiled.

300+

[/html]
[html]

So cute indeed. ^_^

Their kiss seemed to last for an eternity. However, when they finally did break contact, Ruri found herself swimming in her own senses as they all returned to her at once. She had been so absorbed by this new aspect of affection that she had ignored her other senses, the most notable of which was the feeling that she needed to breath. She had almost forgotten but with the end of the kiss came a much needed opportunity to inhale the precious oxygen which Ruri's body craved. The slate and white female quickly found herself taking a rapid, almost gasping breath betraying both her need for oxygen and also her excitement. Then she registered the feeling of touch returning to her fingertips as Heath brought her other hand to his face to feel his lips curving in a smile. Her own features moved to match his as her face flushed with warmth, "That was amazing..." she trailed off, her tone of voice rather breathy, almost in disbelief that she and Heath had actually just kissed.

"I love you Heath," she whispered leaning to embrace him once more, her silver-haired head resting on his muscular shoulder. She could sleep like this. Her brief bout of insomnia was gone almost in an instant and she felt herself beset once again with exhaustion. Her body had not rested for almost two days and now...now of all times, it had decided that it was ready to go to bed. A quiet, brief groan of protest escaped Ruri's vocals as she found her heavy eyelids closing as she rested her head on Heath's shoulder. She didn't want to sleep now! Not while Heath was here. If she fell asleep he'd be gone when she woke up. He would have to be, otherwise Jac might find him here. She understood though, and if she did fall asleep and he left she would not mind. However, that did not mean that Ruri was now trying to fight off the exhaustion that was threatening to sap what little energy remained within her to stay awake.

[/html]
[html]

PP, let me know if it bad... Big Grin

His thoughts, for once, held no remnants of the conflict the day before. He did not think about Jac, and did not worry. It was easy for the male to get lost inside the dilemma, to want to correct all the wrongs in her life. But everything felt right, for once in his life. Gold eyes watched her face, and he laughed breathlessly at her words. He could not challenge them, but silently agree. It was something he had never experienced, true, pure and still more raw then anything he had ever known. She leaned into him, and Heath wrapped an arm around the collie woman. She spoke, words and feelings he returned in the same soft whisper. “I love you, too.” Like no one else.

She rested against him, and he felt the dull resonance of her pulse against his chest. The world slowly filtered back to his senses, and so did the weight of his current situation. Her form lay still against him, her breath slow and settled after the loss their kiss had caused and Heath let himself get lost in her embrace and scent. He did not wish to move her suddenly, the brace around her ankle a constant reminder of the injury she had sustained. Instead he told her softly, “Lay back.” Slowly, gently the male leaned forward as the woman fell to the soft bedding.

His eyes met hers, similarly half closed with fatigue. The tire he felt was caused by the fight, his flight, the lack of sleep, and the stress and worry that surrounded the pair. Since the meeting in the stables, and the ride along the beach Heath had not rested as his body hoped to now. Content that she was safe, satisfied that she knew how he felt and that no one would tear them apart this night Heath wished only to sleep beside her.

300+

[/html]
[html]

So cute!! Sorry for the short post. OMG they are such a cute couple X3

Ruri smiled when Heath responded with an affirmation of his own feelings for her. She knew that it was true and would have even if he hadn't said it. However, his words made that knowledge all the more wonderful. The blue merle femme continued to fight off sleep as hard as she could, doing her best to focus on Heath's presence, his scent, the feel of his fur, anything to keep her mind distracted. Her efforts were in vain, though as Heath quietly whispered for her to Lay back which she did without question. He laid down beside her, his arm still holding her close to him, and she immediately realized that he too was exhausted. They were going to sleep together. The thought made Ruri smile warmly, her pale blue eyes half-closed in sleep. " Good night...Heath," she yawned, her delicate hand moving to cover her mouth as she did so. Then, within a few short seconds, the slate and ivory optime was asleep. She did not care what happened. Heath was here with her, just like he was supposed to be. If Jac did not like it! Well...she would not worry about that either. Right now, life was perfect. They could not be interrupted. The luperci pair was in their own, untouchable corner of reality, safe from the trials of the world around them, at least for awhile.

[/html]