I sing to keep the darkness away
Character Name: Domino Stanson
Character Birthdate (including year): July 31 2007
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines): Regular Wolf
Species (not applicable to canines):
Your e-mail: dsighn.emagn@gmail.com
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): MSN= orange.sock@live.com
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Via Paragon

[html] Domino padded wearily along, not really knowing where he was or where he was goin. His companion tuck noticed his weariness and called out his chirps parental and telling the pup to rest. Domino agreed with a small shake of his head before flopping down on his side. He looked down at his small stomach as it gave out a hungry roar and he sighed laying his head back down. "It would have been considerably more useful if mum and dad had stayed long enough to teach me how to hunt." He said sadly remembering his mother and father.

He rolled onto his back wondering where they were now, where they thinking about him to? Tuck gave a comforting chirp before he landed on an inviting branch. Domino's eyes scanned the moons face before he rolled back over. to look at where Tuck had landed. below tuck there was a bush and a half foot of clearance for the small pup to lay down. Domino stood up wearily stretching and then slid back in underneath the bush. With a yawn he lay down his head and his eyes closed, knowing that Tuck was above to keep watch. [/html]

[html]
Big Grin

The past few days had been freezing, a chill wind blowing the snow across the lands as it came down in thick blankets. Jasper, keeping to himself in his tree house for the most part, had only watched on for days as it happened. Seti wasn't anywhere to be found, which concerned the young male to no end, but Jasper chose to pass the time hoping for the best rather than fearing the worst. Today, though, it seemed as if there was a break in the constant wind and snow, leading the sandy colored male to believe that today would be the day to go out and restock his supply of fish.

With his little red wagon, which he pulled along by the rusted handle, he made his way in the direction of the river. It was odd, really, since he'd been on the very same mission when he'd met Seti, when he spotted a pup just laying there. His immediate thought was that it was his small friend but, as he rushed over, Jasper realized that this pup was far to small to be Seti. "Are you alright?" He asked as he near, his voice quite loud in comparison to how he normally spoke. Immediately, Jasper dropped to his knees in the snow, looking over the form of the child to try and see if it was alright.

[/html]
[html]Tuck gave a chirp of alarm as another wolf ran over dropping down in front of Domino. Domino raised his head wearily and blinked his eyes trying to wake up, "What is it now Tuck?" It took him a minute to realize there was another wolf and when he did he jumped up hitting the bush and small leaves fall around him like rain. He sat up slower this time and shook himself the leaves spreading out around him. "Oi, yeah I'm alright I guess,"

He rubbed the top of his head to stop the stinging form whacking into a bush and then let out a large yawn. Tuck flitted down and landed on his nose and glared at Jasper accusingly. While the small bird trusted Domino other wolves were still a threat. The song birds glare was interrupted as Domino sneezed sending the bird into the air. Tuck gave a cry of surprise and resettled himself on Dominoes head between his ears, and started to prune his feathers keeping an eye on Jasper.

"Don't mind Tuck Mister. He can be grumpy sometimes." His feminine voice sounded so small compared to jaspers loud exclamation and Domino sat up straighter to try looking bigger than he was. Of course this just exposed his ribs that showed through his fur form undernourishment. [/html]

[html]

Jasper, while immediately forcing himself forward at a sign of could-be distress, was certainly not the type of wolf to just go out and meet others and socialize. The sandy colored wolf was only a few months over a year old and still quite the child in his thoughts and mannerisms. Ever quiet, withdrawn, and almost constantly trying to keep himself out of trouble. Like most other wolves though, Jasper could easily adapt to a situation if there may be something dire hanging in the balance, such as a hurt child, and so the worry was apparent in his eyes.

The young male hadn't at all been expecting the sudden jolt from the child, which sent him knocking into a bush and, likewise, send Jasper falling back to his rear. That wouldn't be all though as soon another creature would join them. The bird didn't seem all to happy with Jasper, for a reason he didn't yet understand, and Jasper immediately raised his arms up to his own face. A defense to a could-be pecking. It seemed this was something that Jasper wouldn't have to worry about though, for when the pup sneezed the bird went flying, only to perch back on the child's head.

"Eh..sorry." And he frowned some, his words, directed more toward the bird than the pup, quiet and uncertain. One hand lifted and Jasper scratched slowly at his ear, taking the new and, very odd, situation before trying to speak again. "I jus' though maybe you were hurt. Whatcha doin out here anyways?"

[/html]
[html]Oberon laughed as the wolf fell over but quieted himself not wanting to seem rude. Tuck raised his head as the wolf directed a statement to him but gave a chirp before turning himself around to face the other way. Domino grinned as he watched the look of confusion on the other wolfs face as to Tucks behavior. "It's alright it's him not you. He doesn't play to well with others. I guess his parents skipped that lesson."

He shook his head, Tuck griping tightly, in a no to being hurt. "Naw, I'm not hurt mister. Just tired and maybe a bit hungry." as he asked the pup why he was here the pup yawned again before answering. "Well first I was out on an Adventure but that didn't really work that well. So now I'm looking for my parents, Have you seen them? See they've been gone for a few weeks. They just sort of left one night. And I sort of need them you knwo, for food and I wannna learn how to hunt." he said jumping an acting out as he spoke. He was sort of rambling, but talking was always easy for him, his voice was the easiest way to express himself.
[/html]

[html]

Jasper knew all to well what the pup meant about not playing well with others. It was different for the two of them, which was obvious, but still in some way the same. He'd grown up fearing meetings of a social nature but, unlike the bird, Jasper was withdrawn and awkward, quiet and most often very passive. The fire inside of him, that small spark of personality, had been put out when his father knocked him across the room that day so long ago. Like the good pack member that he tried to be, Jasper forced the thoughts of the past out of his head and brought his full attention to the matter at hand.

He considered the words, searched his memory, but Jasper didn't often go out and meet people. "Nuh-uh. Don't think I've seen 'em. Sounds like they been gone a long time though." In reality, Jasper knew that it meant that they probably weren't coming back. His family had left him also and, had it not been for the fact that he'd made the effort to track down his father and follow him, he doubted that he would've ever seen them again. "I'm not so good at huntin' really, just fishin', so I could help ya get some good, jus' couldn't be much help teachin' ya how to hunt." Of course, that was implying that the pup was going to stay with them. "Y'could always stay here a while, maybe they'll find ya."

[/html]
[html]Domino remembered the night before they disappeared. "I don't think they ran away. The night before they left they told me they loved me before they put me to sleep. They did love me." He said matter-of-factly sitting down with a thump. He often had this conversation with Tuck on their journey, at the moment the Blue Jay let out a comforting chirp, giving a gentle peck on his head trying to give him comfort. Oberon shook his head jumping up at the mention of food.

"Thank you mcuhly mister. I am starved enough I bet you I could eat a Horse all by myself." he said jumping up and fallowing Jasper energetically. Tuck fallowed behind flitting form tree to tree fallowing the pair.[/html]

[html]
Once we get Alpha approval you can post wherever you'd like. :3

"A'course they did." And, though very faintly, Jasper smiled at the boy. Who was Jasper to say that they didnt anyways? He understood that sometimes things weren't quite as simple as they seemed to be. At least this way, the pup would be safe from hunger and cold and would be watched over until his parents arrived to claim him, if they ever arrived at all. If not, then the boy might get accustom to living in the pack and it might make things easier to get through or, at the very least, easier to accept.

"Well awright then, we'll getcha somethin' to eat. Whats yer friend eat?" He asked then, pushing himself to stand and turning to make his way to farther into the lands. If the bird was the boy's friend, well, Jasper wasn't gonna tell it to get lost. "An' I should make sure the Alpha here is alright with you stayin' of course, but I don't think ya gotta worry 'bout 'im sayin' no." It was a warning for what was to come as, very abruptly, Jasper threw back his head and allowed a call to ring forth. Whether or not the Alpha came to them or simply called back was yet to be determined.

[/html]
[html]Dominoes face scrunched up as he stuck out his tongue. "Tuck eats nasty stuff, like worms and these white things that are really slimy. They're food if your starving but they are slimy and wiggle on the way down." He said his face still scrunched up. Tuck gave a laughing trill as he flew behind them making a small rustling sound as he went. Domino Fallowed along and wondered about the alpha. He wasn't sure if he wanted to stay but maybe Jasper was right. Maybe it would be easier for them to find him if he settled down. "I guess your right."

He jumped as jaspers howl ripped through the air and he scrambled underneath another bush. He soon pulled himself out embarrassed about what he had done. He half smiled as he said shakily, "Sorry, I haven't been around other wolves for a while. Guess it will take some getting used to." He sat down beside the male and wondered out loud, "Does this mean we have to wait for food?" His eyes looked at the ground hungrily as his stomach growled again.[/html]

[html]

Even Jasper scrunched up his nose and made a face at the description of Tuck's food. Honestly, Jasper was always used to eating his food cooked and would only eat it raw if he absolutely had to, which wasn't often at all. Even so, he was sure that it was a delicious treat for a bird despite how horrid it sounded to a wolf. Once again the boy was up and off, hiding under a bush, and Jasper gave a half frown at the fact. He hadn't meant to scare him but he supposed it couldn't be helped.

"Nah, we don't gotta wait." He motioned toward the wagon that he'd left behind before, which had both a fishing pole and small pouch inside of it. While the boy stopped to sit, Jasper made his way over to the wagon, reaching inside to take the pouch before returning to sit beside the child. Legs folded over one another and he turned to the boy, using one hand to dig through the pouch and the other to hold it. "I'm Jasper de le Poer, by the way. We call this place Clouded Tears." He explained, removing a few chunks of cooked fish from the pouch, which he promptly placed on the ground for the younger male. It was meant to be his lunch but, as always, Jasper was willing to share.

[/html]
[html]Domino grinned and eagerly ate managing to talk in between bites. "My name is Domino. Its a pleasure to meet you Jasper." As always Domino was polite when he spoke his smile present on his face. He looked around at the surroundings as he finished the chunks of fish. He cocked his head curiously as he thought about what the fish tasted like. "That fish tastes different, what's in it?" He asked sniffing the ground where it had been. Domino had never had cooked fish before his parents both being normal wolves they didn't cook food.

Another thought occurred to the curious pup as he sniffed the ground. "Jasper you talk funny. Where are you from?" He didn't mean it in a rude way but he couldn't help himself from asking. He was eager to learn about anything, whether it be the fish or the funny way Jasper talked. [/html]

[html]

Unable to resist the temptation of food, Jasper popped a piece or two of fish in his own mouth before closing the pouch once more, which he settled safely into his lap. Every once and again, as he sat and chewed his small snack, his eyes drifted over to the pup, somewhat curious and still a bit hesitant about asking him anything else. "Well.." He said, gulping back the last bit that still lingered in his mouth. "Not really anything on it at all, just a little bit of salt to keep it fresh an' give it a little extra flavor. What makes it taste different is cause I cooked it over a fire."

He wasn't at all surprised to learn that it was different for the boy. Though it had been common where he lived, he'd quickly come to learn that it was not so common here. His next question made Jasper stop and think for a moment, having never considered the fact that he might talk different from other people. "I came from far across the ocean, place called Europe." He explained, head tilting to the side just slightly as he sat. "Guess that might be why I talk and do things so different sometimes. It's way different from living here." There was no arguing that. "Y'know where you come from?"

[/html]
OOC: Im not sure if abandoned warehouses are aloud, but probably considering as someone else on the sight was born in an abandoned subway station. Who is the Alpha of Clouded Tears?

[html] "Oh," he simply muttered as the wolf talked of adding salt and cooking it. Domino was disappointed that he didn't knwo what any of it was. All he knew was that he had to eat to live. Food was his means to keep living. He wondered what cooking was but did not wish to plague Jasper with questions for he might get annoyed with him so he just stored it way to ask about later.

"I was born in what my mum called a Warehouse. I'm not really sure what it was but there where lots of holes in the walls and it got really cold at night. But there were always rats around to eat, and water in the basement. I wasn't aloud outside at night though. Papa said it would be dangerous," domino said eager to tell Jasper of his home. He wanted to tell of his games with the rats when his parents went hunting, and how the large barn owl would sometimes sing with him in the late night.

"There was a huge Owl I called Monty who would sing with me at night when I couldn't sleep. My parents slept through it most of the time, probably cause they couldn't hear me over papas snores." Domino laughed as he remembered the way his mother and him would fuss at papa for his snoring. They used to say a Bear would think it was a friend and come in and gobble them up.

"So when they disappeared I was eager to explore outside of the warehouse, I wanted an adventure. Turns out it's not so dangerous at night, just scary. But I soon got lost and couldn't find my way back to home. Do you think there still there waiting for me there? Maybe i was the one who had ran away and not them..." He said. Maybe he had been, and really his parents were worried over him and looking around the warehouse. Maybe they thought of him as dead. [/html]

[html]
It's fine. :3 Clouded Tears' Alpha is Laruku Tears. I got the go ahead to accept you!

"I'll show ya cookin' sometime. 'Course it's kinda dangerous so you wouldn't be able to do it unless you end up bein' able to change like me." Of course, Jasper didn't really know anyone without the ability to shift but that didn't mean it was impossible. Jasper simply couldn't imagine what it would be like to not be able to shift though, and hoped that perhaps the pup would be able to do so in the future. Not wanting to get into such matters, he was young after all, Jasper kept quiet about it and instead cupped his ears forward to meet the words of the younger male.

"Ooh." He commented quietly as the boy explained, nodding his head very faintly as a sign of understanding. "There are lots of warehouses in the old city. Didja walk very far before ya found this place?" Valid questions, really. Some pups could be gone for days and days and not manage to get farther than a pack land away. Then again, he supposed if the boy really did wander away from his parents and not the other way around, the parents could've easily found him by now.

"I can't say for sure that they're there waitin' for ya but I could talk ya to the city sometime and we can take a look around." He nodded again, head turning to stare off farther into the lands for a moment. He knew it would be safer to take him there and make absolute certain that they weren't there waiting for him. Besides, it was really the least he could do. "You remember what they look like an' smell like an' stuff right? That way it would be easier to find 'em." It was about that moment that another howl resounded through the lands, a call from the Alpha. Jasper paused a moment, listening, and turned toward the boy. "That means the Alpha said you can stay."

[/html]
Dimono cocked his head to the side curiously, "Change?" He had no idea what the Male meant to change. It sounded weird to Domino changing form being a wolf. But maybe that wasn't what Jasper meant. Maybe it was something else. AS he mentioned the city Domino looked quizzically up at the male. "What's a city? Is it a quiet place? Where i grew up you could sing along with the grass jumpers, and there were owl who you could hear in the night that would join Monty whenever he sang. I heard another wolf once but my parents told me to hide in the basement when they talked to him." He shrugged but his voice was interrupted as another Howl emitted from the trees.

"Stay? Alright, as long as I can get more of that food. It was delicious. You cook great." domino siad hoping he used his new word right. He was proud that he remembered and puffed out his chest at the fact. Tuck chose this moment to swoop down and land on Dominoes nose ruining the prideful moment.

"Hello Tuck. Sorry i ignored you." He said true apologie in his voice. Tuck gave an acknowledging chirp and a rap on the nose for the offense but looked onto the pup with kindness again. He flitted his wings before turning back to Jasper approval in his eye this time. He gave a curt bow telling Jasper he approved but it was short showing that the wolf still hadn't earned the fatherly birds complete trust.

"Do you think if we find them that they'll come and live with me here? Its safe here and we are aloud outside at night. I think they'd like it don't you?" Domino listened as Jasper asked abotu what his parents looked like and replied energetically. "Of course I remember. You woulda liked mama. She was purty. She looked like an angle and as nice as one to. And papa was huge, nearly twice her size, but he had a gentle voice, that was a deep, deep baritone. When he talked it would vibrate through your chest. Together they looked like a rite beautiful match."
[html]

"Yep. Change." He nodded some. "Sorta like how I look differnt from you right now. Not everyone can do it but maybe one day you'll be able to." It was the simplest way that he could think to explain it at that very moment but, he was certain, the boy would come to understand it better once he saw more of it. "A city is a place with a bunch of buildings that are like warehouses. Some of them are smaller than others though and sometimes there are a bunch of them all packed near each other in one place." He wondered, for a very short moment, whether or not he'd ever had conversations like this when he was much smaller.

"And yea, I can get you all the food ya want 'til your not hungry anymore. Got a bunch of different kind too, like deer and rabbit." Certainly, at this rate, Jasper would master the art of cooking. Still, though, his try at making stew came nowhere near the stew that his father had often made. His attention was drawn to the bird as it fluttered down to the pup, where it promptly landed on his nose. Even Jasper would have to admit that it was an adorable sight, though the look on his face as the bird turned to him didn't clearly show it.

"I don't think it would be a problem for them to come live here if we find 'em. It's safe here for sure and you'll always have someone to play with." He reassured the child but was trying to avoid getting his hopes up. As the pup continued on, talking about his mother and father, it brought back memories of Jasper's mother. "My mom was pretty too. Really smart. She's been gone a long time though." His voice had dropped to a quiet, slow pace, obviously disheartened. "My dad's here though, maybe you'll meet him sometime. His name is Ahren."

[/html]
OoC:Like six people have read this. Either you have a lot of stalkers Bambi or people like Domino. I think you jsut have a lot of stalkers.

Domino looked curiously at Jasper as he tried to explain but decided to drop it and save the conversation for another time. His mind was distracted at the mention of food. "Papa used to brig me rabbit. It was delicious. But we only had it every once in a while. Not a lot of times we could catch something besides rats." He said. He licked his mouth hungrily at the mention of food and shook Tuck off. Tuck however was not disheartened and resettled himself on Domino's head.

"Tuck I am not a tree. He's a bit stubborn, once he gets an idea there is no stoppin' him," he said grinning hoping that Jasper knew what he meant. "Can I have some more of that food? I haven't eaten a full meal for weeks." He said emphasizing the loss of food. He looked up hungrily at the male his eyes sparkling. Food was his favorite thing, especially when it wasn't rat. And with his current absence of it he was ready to eat for weeks.
[html]
I bet they're stalking yoouuuu! XP

"The rabbit and stuff is back where I live, farther into the lands beside the lake. Little hard to find my house for new people though, cause it's up in a tree." It was one of the fews things that Jasper was proud of. As far as he knew he was the only one to have a house in a tree and, on top of that, he'd built it himself. "So long as you don't mind eatin' fish for now, you can have all you want." Jasper proceeded to bring the pouch back into view as he spoke, opening the top of it up as wide as he could. He then laid it in front of the pup, with all of the meat revealed, which was a good sized pile, and folded his hands back into his lap.

"I know whatcha mean, I've got a friend like that." The sandy colored male wouldn't say anything further than that though, at least not yet. He suspected that it might be hard to explain to a pup that his friend was a ghost and he also ran the chance of scaring the boy or making him think that Jasper was crazy. "So, Tuck here been takin' care of ya the whole time?" He eyed the bird a moment, mostly out of curiosity.

[/html]
OoC: nuuu, it's you.

Oberon listened to him talk of his house in a tree. "In a tree you say? I'd like to see it if I could." He watched hungrily as he opened the pouch. "Not all. I don't mind fish. Fish is good." He pounced on the meat as if it was going to run away as Jasper withdrew his hands, and started eating. He lapped up the cubes hungrily barely taking a breath between bites. As Jasper mentioned Tuck tacking care of him Tuck puffed out his chest proudly raising his beak. Domino took a breath adn stepped back to talk to Jasper. His mother ahd told him it was rude to talk while eating so he waited to finish chewing before he replied.

"Yeah, he found me a few days after I had left home. He fed me grubs and nursed me back to health. Since then I've only had to eat the bugs twice, thankfully, but he still has kept by my side. I don't think I'd trade him for nothing. He's like another papa, and I'll always owe him since he saved me from starving. Grubs may not taste good but they're food." He made a face again before returning to the food again, maybe faster than before.

Soon the bag was gone and Domino sat back with a content growl. He whipped his paw on his leg and then spoke to Jasper. "That salt stuff is real good you know? Mmmm." he said expressing his full appreciation. He wondered to himself why Jaspers voice had dropped off before when he had mentioned his father. But Domino cave to the conclusion to leave it alone. He didn't want to open up the old wounds of his new friend.