the journey begins
[html]

AtaxiaDelacour

Dawn had just broken over the horizion, painting the skies the most radiant shades of oranges and reds. She never grew tired of waking for such a sight. No two sunrises ever seemed the same, all glorious in their own individual ways. The temperature at such hours was dreadfully chilly, even the slightest breeze enough to send a lesser fur-endowed creature hunting for shelter. Ataxia Delacour simply loved such weather, it made her feel all the more alive. Such pleasantly cool temperatures seemed to rejuvenate the maturing female. Not that she had much to tire her, she'd been reduced to wandering on a seemingly endless journey for quite some time now. No responsibilities, no worries. She'd always been somewhat of a rebel, seeking to enjoy herself rather than apply herself. Then again, it had become a rather lonely lifestyle. Most wanted to settle somewhere and have more stable of a life-style than the one she chose to lead. There'd been a few who tagged along with her, passing through a few regions with her, but they never made it far. Most turned back to where they'd come from, or just dropped off to settle somewhere else. She reckoned it wouldn't be much longer that she could keep up this 'vagabond' way of life, already she found herself facing each morning feeling more and more lethargic. She'd built quite the endurance over the years, but there was a deep unrest growing in her. Unlike the unrest that had led her wandering for miles and miles for the last two years past. Perhaps, it was time to settle down some, even if it ended up being only temporary.

Petite limbs brought her lithe frame forward. Lean of build, she looked most comfortable when loping forward with liquid-like grace. Though, her stride was broken before long, having caught wind of the strong scent border of the pack-land that she had not been expecting. Pausing, she could smell the deep, pungent scent of the border markings, and a rather whimsical idea slid into her brain. She was looking for change, was she not? Her narrow muzzle hovered inches above the ground. Rapid, short breaths were drawn in through her leathery nostrils, her stomach performing a bit of a somersault as she hastily came to a rather ill thought out and unplanned idea. Her strong neck hoisted her cranium back, the lips of her maw curved into a perfect oval. The call her vocal chords trembled out was melodic, but lacked strength and conviction. The beckoning call for the leader of this clan was nearly questioning in tone.

Her call was cut off promptly, having let but a few chords chime from her vocals. Her bi-colored gaze was fixated on the vast expanse of territory before her, scanning back and forth slowly. Her nerves seemed to be raw, as she stood tensely, her limbs stiff but her posture lowered. She'd never really had much interaction with a true pack such as this. Her family had been all that made up the small pack she'd been born into. Swallowing roughly, she waited, head kept lower but her gaze trained intently forward.

image by cammie

[/html]
Firefly had been close by hunting for Ruri and Jontae when the voice broke through the silence. She snarled as the rabbit she'd patiently been stalking darted and quick as lightning Firefly sped after it. She knew that she would never catch up with the surefooted creature but she tried her damnedest. It was too long before she was out of breath and standing there with a sour mood beginning to bubble to life that she decided that it was best to go find out just who had spoiled her hunting for the day.

The silvery woman quietly slipped into the sparse woods and found the scent of the stranger once more. She'd known when the voice had chimed just what had been wanted but if she got there before Jac she could just give the newcomer her own form of greeting. Silky paws found their way nimbly through the way, the scent growing stronger until Firefly found herself right upon the scene of the crime. She was a dangerous creature when crossed, cunning, sly and not afraid to challenge the ways of the world. Today though she had other things in mind.

"I suppose you're waiting for our wonderful excuse for a king to show.. Perhaps I'll keep you company while we're waiting." her brilliant emerald orbs with their flecks of gold studied the creature before her as she wondered just what this ones story was. She figured she might as well get it out before Jac showed or he'd be more interested in finding out how to get her to warm his bones at night. "I'm Firefly, who might you be.."
[html]

Ayita yawned she had been up late with the pups and was glad to step out of the house she wasn't doing much but stretching her legs. She needed to get away for a few and Leroy was home and was spending some time with the pups. They hadn't been doing a lot together since the decision of love wasn't what she and he had. Yawning once more she trotted off looking at the land. Winter would be here all to soon and her little pups would have to stay indoors. She wasn't sure how harsh this winter would be and she didn't want to lose them.

She smiled hearing the call of someone at the borders something to do. For some reason she was excited she needed to do something and it was worth it to go and see someone at the borders. Picking up the pace her sturdy legs carried her there. Firefly was there but that didn't bother her she wanted to try and be friends. Try being the key word. "Hello Firefly long time no see. My your looking quite different." She said. "And hello to you Miss..." she said. "I'm Ayita." She looked back at firefly wondering how she had been she knew they had a rocky first meeting but maybe things could change.

[/html]
[html]

AtaxiaDelacour

The steady silence seemed to engulf her conscious being, feeling a buzzing emptiness as she waited. It had seemed wise for her to remain from where it was she had called, but now she was feeling the burning of restlessness, curling a tight grip upon her slender chest. Paws shifted her meager weight back and forth with angst as her radar-like gaze remained scanning the out-lay of the territory before her. She had not expected to be greeted within seconds, but the moments that elapsed seemed to be unnaturally long.

She had made an ill informed, spur of the moment decision and had been regretting making such a hasty decision the moment she had made it. She knew nothing about this pack, not the name, nothing. All she knew that it was headed by a male, who's scent was currently burning in her nares, overpowering all other scents. It was because of this fact, that she had seen rather than smelled the first female who came stalking forth. She seemed not to be in the best of moods, and yet she gave off no vibes of ill-intent, simply seeming curious. Bi-color gaze came to assess this female, angular auds slid forward, taking in all that she said as well as her question. Throat clearing akwardly, Ataxia looked around sheepishly, retaining her silence for a moment before before turning her gaze back upon Firefly. "Ataxia Delacour.." the words came out in a throaty accent, betraying her foreign ancestry.

She hadn't the time to inquire anything from this Firefly, before another female came slinking forth to make Ataxia's acquaintance. She seemed to be of a pleasant nature, and Ataxia gave a simple nod of her head, and a small forced smile, accompanied by a soft "Hello to you as well.." She wasn't shy per say, but her social awkwardness did tend to be painfully obvious in situations such as this. Ah well, she was doing her best - right?

image by cammie

[/html]
Firefly was cool and collected as the stranger seemed to take her time in studying her now. She waited a brow slightly at the sound of another approaching, flicking her ears back she turned her head to be greeted by Ayita, the mother of Leroy's pups. She was silent as the woman spoke but within seconds she realized that her own reply was expected. A look of annoyance graced her face as she spoke in a rather bored tone. "Yes, it's been a while, and it seems I have shed my brilliant colors like the trees shed their leaves in light of winter. Hopefully this won't be permanent." She still wasn't impressed with the woman that Leroy had picked to replace Svara, even if it had been for a night but she didn't say anything, just kept her thoughts to herself. Perhaps oneday they would change, but today wasn't that day.

Her ears swiveled back to the silvery white woman as she cleared her throat and gave them a name to go with the face. Firefly was fixed by the bi-colored eyes for a moment before she shook her head and let go of it. This wasn't Deuce or her bastard child and she didn't like being reminded of the past but she would deal, for now. "Ataxia.. strange name.." She glanced towards her packmate a moment before she went on to ask. "Is there a story behind your appearance at our door.." She circled the woman once as she examined her, studying the lady's scent and stance before drawing on. "Any skeletons in your closet, ghosts your running from?" She paused back before the stranger as she sat down, curling her tail along her side.

Everyone had a story, she wondered if this lady's was interesting or if it was one that would put the babies to sleep in no time with pathetic day in day out lives of the humdrum. She titled her head to the side slightly as she asked one more little thing. "What brought you to the Cour de Miracles.." She didn't really care so much, she'd learn the woman's story later in better detail and see who she really was if she stayed within the pack. Just doing the regular everyday duties of finding some beggar on the border.
[html]

Ayita gave a smile at what Firefly had said. She hoped it wasn't permanent either the female looked far to different in white. She had gotten a bit distracted by firefly when the other spoke of her name. Ataxia Delacour hmmm what an odd name indeed where had she come from? Shrugging lightly she watched the two females.

Never fear for Firefly was on the case. Slightly amused Ayita sat back for a moment watching the women ask Ataxia a million questions. Though they were much needed and Ayita herself would of liked to know if she was in power. She was still unsure of the pack dynamics here but settled in and did what she needed to and hoped that it would help her in the end.

[/html]
[html]

AtaxiaDelacour

The two dames didn't seem to have much use for one another - well at least Firefly didn't seem to much appreciate the company of this, Ayita. Not that it mattered or that she even cared, that was established from whatever past excursions the two had shared, not her place to even be wondering. Clearing her throat uneasily, her bi-colored gaze shifted back and forth between the two of them, but lingered mostly upon Firefly, who imediately took control of the conversation, her tone betraying a sense of athoutity that 'Tax simply assumed she was entitled too. The questions came rapidly, giving Ataxia no time to answer in between. Wary gaze locked firmly and solely upon Firefly now, as she took a deep breath.

"I suppose you could call it strange, but it is a family name of sorts." she begun, defending her odd-name out. Her furthest known decedent had been a serial rapist by the name of Impact, most of his children bearing names somewhat similar. Her own mother, Rupture, had taken a stranger approach at keeping the name scheme alive with her children. "But um.." she stumbled here, her ill-trained tongue floundering for a better chain of words.. "I just go where the tide takes me. I seemed to have come a little further within your lands than I intended. This is all nothing more than whim to be honest." honesty was the best policy right? She avoided the question about her past, as there wasn't all too much to tell. She'd simply despised the tribe that was known as her kin and wanted no part in their rather brutal ways. If the dame really was that hard pressed to know though, there was no shame in her heart for any actions she had made. She had been in a few scuffles, but that was at most. She had been generally talented at avoiding as much confrontation as possible. As lame as her rebuttal was, she felt oddly relieved to have the initial barrage of questions over and completed, though there was no doubt in her mind that there would be many more.

image by cammie

[/html]
Firefly noticed the slight change in the woman's gaze as those eyes seemed to dart from one figure to the next. Firefly shifted her weight from one leg to the other as she yet out a jaw cracking yawn, her brilliant pink tongue showing as her fangs shimmered slightly. She turned her emerald orbs back to the stranger as she spoke again, the silvery gold woman quiet while she spoke before a soft chuckle erupted from her throat. "Oh yes, I know how those can be." She hadn't been able to escape her surname and even if she had she couldn't turn a circle in these lands without running into a relative that knew more about her than she reckoned needed be known.

Firefly let her gaze slip back to her fellow packmate as she asked. "There's not going to be any strangers at the door asking for your head served up nicely on a platter are there?" Not that she really cared, she just thought it would be interesting to find something to occupy herself with, a good rumble with some stranger laying threats at their borders, as if angry ex-lovers and promiscuous kings weren't enough for Firefly.

Her eyes sparkled for a second with amusement before she sobered up her entertainment and remarked. "I'm sure Jac will be along soon enough to get a feel for you.." She was so horrible but perhaps she knew their king too well.
[html]

Photobucket

My very pretty new table took me a bit to make so happy though

Photobucket

Ayita was happy with her surname it didn't bother her but she hoped to maybe change it to something more interesting. There wasn't a whole lot of talking going on and she felt on edge a bit with firefly. Did the other female just not like her or was it as Leroy said she's just hard to get to know. She really had to stop thinking about that for now besides not everyone could be friends that wasn't how the world worked though that upset her a bit.

"Sounds exciting seeing the world. Though are you serous about stay or are you to much like a leaf that when the wind blows you'd be off again?" She asked quite curious. How good would it be if they had a bunch of wolves that just came and went. The pack would be so unstable but hey it might be just fine.

Ayita couldn't help but give out a soft musing laugh to what firefly had said. Their king was quite the womanizer though she wondered if her had ever thought of settling down. How many pups he must have. Oh my, little Jacs running around what an idea. She sighed a bit. "Lets only hope its a ummm.." She paused no matter how she phrased the thought it still sounded off in her head. "Oh never mind lets only hope that he comes quickly."

[/html]
[html]

AtaxiaDelacour

Her response to the comment about the leader of this establishment left her somewhat confused, not quite understanding what Firefly was implying. Her head tilted ever so slightly as she cleared her throat once more. What she lacked in social ease she made up for with her honesty. She wasn't the type to tell tall tales, never feeling much of a need to impress those in her company. Shifting her slim weight back and forth silently, she looked over quickly as Ayita spoke, not having been giving her presence much mind until this moment. The question, she had to admit was a valid one. Then again, what did it matter? She would make no promises that she wasn't entirely sure she could or would keep.

Still regarding Ayita with her bi-hued gaze she spoke finally, having found her voice at last. "It is against my policies to make a promise I'm not one-hundred percent positive that I can keep, but there is a good chance I may be willing to settle for something more permanent for a while." Being a rolling stone was only glamorous the first few months, ever since her pining had been generally increasing, longing for structure, companionship and purpose. Perhaps her 'spontaneous' decision had been something much more fermented, a need that had been growing beneath her guarded surface for the last odd number of months. Standing here now, she couldn't have ever pictured herself in this position even a month or so ago.. where had this sudden determination for change been borne into her?

image by cammie

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Hi Cammie! I'm Miyu, it's nice to meet you! Smile If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
WC: 345

The smell of ladies was on the air... Jacquez Trouillefou exhaled with a pleased smile, following the trail at a lazy pace. The weather was getting far too cold around here; there had been several days where the sun had shone and it had been tolerable, but even then the thin white clouds blotted it out and left the air wintry all over again. He required a more reliable source of warmth -- a bedwarmer, perhaps. He already planned on abandoning his moonshine-grotto to take up seasonal residence in the Chien Hotel -- unless, of course, some lady graciously offered her home for his use. He could probably dazzle Finn into agreeing, and Firefly was a solid last resort, so long as she didn't insist on housing Jontae at the same time.

The tall werewolf sauntered onto the scene, his flashy russet fur vibrant against the dead leaves of autumn scattered about their feet. Firefly and Ayita had gathered to greet a newcomer to their lands. The king's black eyes lingered on her lean form, her small lithe body the color of snow, with darker shades along her slender shoulders. A pure wolf, then, not unlike the two packmates standing before her -- but they were the minority in this pack of mongrels and misfits. Dogs and coyote-hybrids were common sights, sights that this wanderer would soon grow accustomed to. "Bonjour," he crooned aloud, sweeping a bow to announce his arrival. Unbeknown to him, this normally flattering gesture had already been forewarned, and would probably not have the desired effect. Firefly always did her best to steal his thunder.

"I am Jacquez Trouillefou, the king of these lands. I presume you have come to join our illustrious ranks?" he lilted, a pleased smile wreathing his noble muzzle. He did like newcomers, especially ones with two X-chromosomes and a pretty face. Of course, it would be nicer if she was shifted upright as a Luperci, but it was probably more comfortable for the wolf to not have to deal with his womanizing right off the bat...

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.