Starvation Trepidation
[html]

Word Count: 400+
Whoop whoop! Let’s get this biatch started! XD

--------------------------------------------------

She’d come to these ruins again. These twisted, hulking remains. Coffins of a bygone age. They suited her mood right now, as Finn gazed out across the rubble that was once a city called Halifax. Things were getting tougher now, the shadows drawing closer, Cuhlain at their head.

Even now, the silvery, insubstantial wolf hovered at her shoulder, picking away at her like some ridiculous bird. ”See? No one really cares that you’re gone, they don’t miss you. They don’t need you!” Finn turned away, flicking her ear angrily. It was hard not to listen, but she still found the strength to do so. For now.

You shouldn’t have left, Finn. You should have stayed. I starved to death that winter, and it was all because you left me alone. ”It was your own damn fault you up and died, old man. It was your own doing. You gave Aegnus the orders…” Finn snapped, hackles raising. She could feel Cuhlain’s smirk, without even looking at him.

She didn’t want to play his game, but the rules kept changing. She had to keep silent, bear these visions and hallucinations like the stoic warrior she was. Finn had no time for fear or doubt. Ever since… ever since Jac had gone and knocked her up. At least, she thought it was Jac. The father of the brood in her belly could well be Rurik, but she wouldn’t be able to tell until they were born.

All she’d wanted was some affection, a moment of closeness to someone that didn’t involve hatred or fighting. Was that too much to ask? Perhaps for Finn it was. She wanted to keep trying, she really did, but the days were growing dimmer and the nights longer and she found herself sinking back into the melancholy. By a strange twist of irony, she would not starve physically this winter, but perhaps emotionally.

Finn did not want to become the twisted thing her father had been. That was a horror beyond all horrors. She did not want to become some rangy, scarred old wolf who terrorized her children with frightening tales and made them fight and fight and fight. She was determined not to be to her children as Cuhlain had been to herself.

The sun was setting, glowing like the unsettled embers of a fire. The sky, for once, was cloudless, and awash in pinks and golds and reds. She should have gained some measure of peace from the sight. But she didn’t, she couldn’t. A long, hard winter indeed.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... hdance.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
©table and image by jacoby

He yawned lightly, his back being out of commission for the few days it had been had drained him a lot. The tattoo along with the piercings was just a lot to deal with at the moment. He was still not used to the cold metal that touched his tongue every time he licked his lips, and he wasn't used to having metal in his tall audits either. His tail bounced lightly as he took his staff, and helped himself around the place. His eyes still were sleepy, and he needed to make sure he wasn't going to trip or anything, and that's what the staff was for. He rubbed his oceanic orbs before he shook his body out. The tall male yawned once again before he continued on. He was too lazy to hunt, but he was hungry. He hadn't hunted anything since he had gotten his piercings and tattoo. That was mainly because he was sleeping all day though. He also couldn't help but wonder what happened to Alaine and Caillen from time to time. He hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to them. They just left really. He had slept in on the third morning because he just couldn't stay up anymore, and they took their stuff (what little they had) and the left. The thought was always pushed away with a shrug of his broad shoulders.

His gait was rather quick after a few moments just regaining composure from his nap. His eyes worked as well as his audits and nares to find a quick meal. He had wandered quite a long way, and nothing. No rabbit on the wind, and the water was too cold to fish. At least to fish the way he fished. His maw let a small sigh from it, and his shoulders shrugged again. Pach was right. The lazy pack life is ten times better than this bullshit. Having to hunt everyday and shit. the male thought, his audits pulling towards the sound of a voice as he entered the ruins of Halifax. His eyes scanned the area rather quickly, but when he didn't see anything, he started to move in and out of the ruins before he stood infront of a feo. Staring fae to face with her...Well, maybe face to cock, but still. That was only because she was in lupus, and he was in Optime. He immediately reclined to all fours, his staff parallel and on the ground, the deer's nose bone pointing up to the sky.

The ocean crashed into a steel wall. Azure met not so much a steely gray, but a more blueish gray. It was hard to even tell that they were gray. They looked more blue, but they still reminded him of metal. Just a blue tinted metal. He wondered how she obtained such beautiful eyes. He let his gaze then wander over her body. He couldn't help but look at her with a loving face. He loved her scars. He wanted to touch every one of them, to trace them with his fingers, and to hear the stories of the scars. His maw twisted into a rather friendly grin, and his tail wagged in the air behind him. He remained on the same level as she, not daring to be up taller than her, but rather them being at the same level, even if she was in lupus and he in optime. Hallo! I'm Daisuke Ghanjai. he started off with his name. Well, m'lady, why are you here all alone? I mean someone as beautiful as you should be with their mate, their love. he spoke, that same grin on his maw, and his tail still wagging gently. He did not want to come close to her, well, he did, but he was afraid that she wouldn't want him to be next to her, so he stayed infront of her, where he could easily be seen by her.

The Name's Daisuke C. Ghanjai/Urahazu. This is the color I speak in. Only a genius works in coexistence with their mind and now I dance away, singing a tune that only I can hear.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 600+

--------------------------------------------------

She was not startled when the blond wolf loped into view. She had grown used to having a presence always by her, and the appearance of another was no cause for concern. If he tried to attack her, well then she’d have a problem, but for now she regarded him with blank curiosity. Firstly, she had never seen a wolf of such a bright colour. The yellow shone in the last of the light, and she found herself wondering how he had come to look that way. Surely such a vivid shade could not be com by naturally. Finn knew that her own pelt was rather odd as well. In the right light, or when soaked through, the darker shade along her back looked almost blue! Apparently she had inherited this from the patriarch of the Fidh clan, Fergus.

”Hello…” She said, put off balance by his forthright greeting and pleasant demeanor. A few weeks ago, that had been her. She greeted any she met with such a mien, happy to add another face to the crowd that grew in her mind. Now, not so much. She had even been avoiding her pack members, most especially her king. ”I’m Finn Fidh. And I do not have a mate… not really.” She said, a small amount of bitterness growing in her voice. The man responsible for her pups was yet unknown, and she had not spoken to either candidate. As for Sofia… Well, she was terrified of mentioning it to her close friend and possibly ruining everything. It was a tightrope act she was putting on, and she had never been very good at balancing.

Sensing the slight awkwardness due to the differences in their height, Finn shifted, morphing into her taller and more humanoid form. It took less and less time with each change, but she still did not enjoy the process. Finn doubted that she ever would. The feeling of bones reshaping themselves, lengthening and shortening and shifting with her body was unnerving to say the least. Lately, she had been more confident in this shape. She had better balance than in her wolf form, despite the lesser amount of feet on the ground, and enjoyed the dexterity awarded by having thumbs.

Finn’s eyes once more returned to Daisuke’s face, lingering over the silvery adornments in his lip and ears. ”Did those hurt?” She inquired, moving slightly closer so that she might see them better in the fading light. She had heard of wolves colouring their fur with paints and dyes, but never piercing their skin. She was a little shocked and greatly interested. Belatedly, Finn realized that Cuhlain had fallen silent. When she looked around suspiciously, his silvery form was nowhere to be found. Good riddance, indeed. Perhaps he’d been scared off by the sunshine yellow wolf. If only he would leave her alone for more than an hour at a time. It was like caring for a small, demanding and constantly insulting child. Even Finn’s legendary patience had a limit, and Cuhlain had come close to reaching it.

”And why are you alone, Daisuke Ghanjai? Surely there are plenty, pretty she-wolves to chase after, though I doubt you’d find them in these ruins.” He looked young, just starting to come into his prime. She couldn’t smell a pack on him, a fresh one at least, and thus assumed that he was a wanderer like she had been. Sometimes Finn missed the wandering days, of being beholden to no one, and going wherever she pleased, but then she remembered the winters and was not sorry at all that she had left that life behind.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... cket-2.png); background-color:#0f3c3a; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

©table code and image to jacoby

Eyes watched her form. Hello… she seemed a little bit weird about something. Daisuke was never good at placing emotions to the voices and faces, and he had been distracted by something moving to his left. Eyes drifted over there, and his audits flicked to the same direction before he realized that it was just the wind pushing against some vines. The ocean crashed once again into the steel wall.I’m Finn Fidh. And I do not have a mate… not really. she spoke to him. But her swollen belly told him that something was up. Why yes, he had noticed it. That's sad. What happened to him? he asked, his head cocking to the side lightly. It's very very awesome to meet you, Finny Fidh, Mcfinny. he spoke to her, his mouth spewing out a few nicknames that he randomly decided to add in, mainly because his mouth wouldn't stop moving before it let out the words. His tail wagged gently behind him, and he saw as she began to shift into her optime form. He shouldn't have let her do that, he should have been the one whom shifted, but it was ten times harder for him to carry his staff while in his lupus form.

He felt so much like an idiot for making her uncomfortable that he took his fist and banged it against his forehead. Where the hell are your manners lately Daisuke Charles Ghanjai-Urahazu. Father and mother taught you better than that! Stupid, Stupid.. the male let the thoughts run through his head as he banged his fist against his forehead a few more times. Once she had stopped shifting, he had stopped banging his head. This time, the steel wall hit the ocean. Her eyes were stunning, but her body was what was so attractive to Daisuke. His tail wagged a little bit more heavy as she had spoken once again. Did those hurt? she had asked the boy, and he nodded his head instantly. More than I would have liked. But I like the look. The feeling of them is cool too. Look I even got my tongue done he spoke, sticking out his tongue and pointing at the silver stud in the middle of it. Once he was sure she had seen the damn thing that made his speech slightly more accented that it usually was. She had been the first one he had seen since he had gotten them done. Even the tattoo on his back was done all in the same day. The male never had been so productive with mutilating himself.

And why are you alone, Daisuke Ghanjai? Surely there are plenty, pretty she-wolves to chase after, though I doubt you’d find them in these ruins. she then spoke to him. He chuckled. Well. First, I'm not alone, you're here with me, are you not? Second, I found you, you're a beautiful femme. One of the most beautiful I've seen, yes! he spoke, not hesitating to compliment her on her looks. Now, it was strange to think that a wolven whom's body was mangled with scars, and missing fingers, toes, and an ear was beautiful, but again, Daisuke loved scars, and for her to be covered from head to toe was something that he found attractive. That was when the urge to touch them had him hanging by is neck. His oceanic orbs went to her audit. The one that was mangled, torn. It reminded him of his father. The golden dragon that was his father (that's what his mother called his father) too was missing an audit. Most knew the male for the missing audit that used to stand so elegantly on his head. It was torn, and probably eaten by the bear whom had attacked his father. The story was much more exciting than that, but I'll let Daisuke tell you about it some other time.

Daisuke let himself too rise to a stand, since she had been standing, and him sitting. That was when he moved in closer to her, and he traced a scar with his finger, it was one that was on her shoulder. The touch was gentle, non-threatening, and more like an urge that he had to do rather than just a random touch, or a flirtatious one. A shiver ran down his spine, but his tail continued to wag. If I had a say in anything, I think that you...You are the most beautiful piece of art I have ever seen... his eyes were on her body, tracing each and every scar mentally, before he tried to move in for a second time to touch one that had been tracing her rib.

Daisuke can speak very well. His thinking needs to be worked on though. I rock and I roll, Let's get this party out of control.

[/html]