Broken home
[html]

Naniko sighed, then started to try again. The bird wouldn't sit still no matter how hard she tried to hold onto it. It was a rather big bird, compared to the ones she'd been treating lately, and this one had claws. She gasped as the animal kicked at her, leaving angry red marks across her foreleg. That was IT. The girl held the bird down, grabbing a piece of fabric and tying its feet together. That would keep it from hurting her and itself. She could speak with animals, but this one was in too much pain, too shocked from its injury to talk to her.

She was bleeding, drops of red littering the snow around her, but she ignored it as she grabbed a splint, putting it against the bird's broken wing bone. "Hang on, it'll be over in a second, sweetie..."

[/html]
OoC: I decided singing was better than talking. Singing is what Domino does best anyways.

Domino looked around worried, Tuck sitting on his head. They had strayed to far from Jaspers tree house and in the snow everything looked the same. Domino didn't want to get lost again from his family so he traveled in circles trying to figure out which set of paw prints was the ones form the tree house. He decided to go east and traveled quickly looking for the familiar shape in the trees. He sang a song to keep his mind distracted as he traveled and soon Tuck joined in.

"Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby"

His mother had sung it to him when he had trouble sleeping on nights, and it floated to the front of his head as he traveled. His feminine voice rang through the still air and soon he lost himself in the rising melody and with Tuck singing with him he raised his head to the sky to call out the words to the listening heavens. He was no longer paying attention to wear he was going and soon emerged behind Naniko.
[html]

Somebody was....singing nearby? She turned her head to look and the bird took advantage of it, getting a hold of her ear in with its sharp beak. She calmly reached above her head, putting two fingers on the bird's beak, prying it open. The eagle was too dangerous for her to ignore right now--she'd have to keep working on it. It took a moment, but she managed to get the wing splint on okay. She released the animal from its bonds and it flopped over into the snow, squacked, and folded its wings back up.

Naniko sighed, reaching her hand up to touch her bitten ear. It was a small puncture wound, just barely bleeding. But it still hurt. She put a little bit of antibiotic cream on it, and on the scratches on her arm, then turned to look. The young wolf was just coming out of the fog when she saw him, and she blinked a few times. "Why--hello there. Hello?" He didn't seem to have noticed her, not over his singing. The song was catchy, one that she had heard somewhere before...but no, she didn't quite remember it. She realized after a moment that there wasn't just one creature singing, though, but two. "Both of you have beautiful voices" She commented.

[/html]
Domino was brought out of his singing by another voice in the fog. "Why, hello there miss." He smiled as she complimented there singing, Tuck puffed out his chest pridefully and raised his beak basking in the praise. "Thank you ma'am. I wouldn't say that to much though, Tuck's head might explode from hot air."

He laughed as the blue jay gave him a reprimanding rap on the head before returning his eyes to Naniko. He saw the Splinted eagle and his eyes widened in amazement. "Did you do that miss?" He tried stepping forward towards the eagle but Tuck gave a warning screech and he stopped. "I'm not a bird Tuck, It won't eat me. I'm a small bit bigger than it." Tuck gave a laughing trill as if saying 'Not by much.'
[html]

There was a bird that occasionally accompanied Naniko, mostly whenever she left the territories, a magpie named Kail. She'd fixed its wing when it had broken it, and the bird had hung around her ever since then. She liked having it around, being able to have somebody to talk to whenever there wasn't any packmates around.

"Do you mean..the injury or the splint? She hadn't caused the injury. "It came to me, hurt, and I put a splint on its wing so that it would heal right." She explained. "I haven't seen you around before--but you smell a bit like Jasper. You're staying with him? It's nice to meet you--I'm Naniko D'angelo"

[/html]
Domino turned away from the Hawk to smile at Naniko. "That was nice of you, fixin' him up and all. i bet he appreciates it." Tuck to gave a nod with a smile on his face. Domino listened to her talk, he liked the sound of her voice, he bet she would be a great singer. "You have a pretty voice, you should sing." He said smiling when she mentioned jasper. "Oh yeah. He is gonna take me to the city to look for my parents soon. He said if we find them we can come live here and we wouldn't have to be afraid any more. Jaspers says so."

He started to talk to Naniko as if he had know each other for years as he became acclimated to her presence. "My name is Domino Stanson, and its a pleasure to meet you Miss Naniko. Did you know that Jasper lives in a tree? And he taught me to climb up in on my own! Tuck liked the tree house, it was more like home to him but he still slept with me and not on the branches. You're like Jasper aren't you? You can change?" He asked finally coming to a rest at the last question. He saw by the way she used her hands that she was but he and Jasper never had a chance to really discuss it and he was awful curious.
[html]

There were a lot of youngsters running around now, ones that would soon be learning how to shift. Naniko's own experience with her first-time-shifting had not been good ones; she'd turned into a werewolf because of stress, and because of a situation she had been put into. She could remember it even now, the day that she had done it for the first time. She had gone off to look for her adopted mother, and had found her...but Iskata had tried to attack her. She had been crazy. Naniko had ended up having to shift to try and defend herself.

"Yes--I learned when I was around your age, I think"She answered, then continued. "Jasper's a pretty cool wolf-but no, I didn't know that. Is it nice staying in a tree? It's strange--he lives above, in the tree branches...and I live below. My den is beneath a very large willow tree, between all the roots" She wondered a little about telling him about shifting. "Did your parents know how to shift into a two-legged form? If they could do it, it means that you probably can, too. If your parents can't, though, then you'd have to get bitten, or cut, and share blood with someone that's a werewolf to become one"

[/html]
"Oh" he said simply as she told him about learning to shift. He thought it was cool but he wasn't sure if he wanted to do that. After jasper shifted he was different form a regular wolf. He acted different, and sure he could do cool stuff, but it wasn't the same as being a wolf. He shook his head and thought about the two different homes. "It is different living up in the trees. Your home sounds more cozy. But its cool living up high, and Tuck likes it so I'm fine with it." Domino depended on Tuck more than anyone else. He would fallow tuck to the end of the world and back, nothing could stop him.

"Naw my parents were normal wolves. And Jasper was the first one like that I'd ever saw. My parents kept me inside a lot, I wasn't aloud out." He said explaining why Jasper had been the first. He wondered if he had grown up normally that he would have seen them everywhere. He didn't like not knowing about this whole other species that had before been not existent to him.
[html]

Naniko had grown up around the idea of werewolves and such, and as used to those kinds of things. Her mother and father had both been werewolves, and so had her second father, Physe. It made sense to her that she would shift, someday, too, and it had ended up happening. It was fine with her if Domino wanted to stay as he was; he was young, and maybe he didn't understand the advantages of being a werewolf. And even if he did understand it all, he still might not want it. It was his choice.

She nodded when he spoke about his bird friend. "How long have you known Tuck? I have a bird friend myself, but he's often out causing trouble"
[/html]