Reparations
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/jacquez.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:323px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top:10px;">
I have other things to reply to, but I wanted to get this up today... =P

Jacquez stood awkwardly on the porch of the cabin, his white-furred hand poised to knock. He hesitated, though, probably one of the only times he had in his life. Because this time, when the door opened, he would be making an apology. The proud king frowned, exceedingly grumpy but knowing in his heart that he couldn't let the little dog suffer so forever; as much as it pained him, he would have to give her more leeway in her adult life. He could not control everything. But if this turned out to be a mistake, and Heath mortre dre Soul broke her heart, death would be a gift compared to the hellish torture he would inflict on the coy-wolf.

Imagining the violence perversely calmed him down -- it was something to look forward to, at least -- and he swallowed, rapping sharply on the wooden door. "Ruri, c'est moi," he called gruffly, not knowing for certain whether she would still answer. They hadn't really spoken since she had twisted her ankle. He was still in a high temper regarding all things Heath, and she, well... she had handled it as well as she could, but there was dejection in her form, a sadness lingering in her sightless eyes, and Jacquez hated it. If it would make her smile again, make her sing like the little bird she could be, then this was an unfortunate necessity.

[/html]
Table by Sie!
[html]

The day was carrying on rather boringly, as was usual these days. Ruri did everything she could to stay off of her ankle to help it heal quicker, but the progress was slow and she still found herself bound to her couch or her bed, barely able to limp around her house without grasping something to hold herself up. That was the worst part of her life at the moment though. Everything else was reasonably good. Heath still loved her, Haven had helped her deal with how she was going to talk to Jac and thankfully she hadn't hurt herself further. That was always an added plus. Right now, Ruri was leaning back on her couch, her head resting on the arm of the large seat with her injured ankle propped up on the opposite end. The ivory and merle fae was trying her hardest to think of a song, one that she had not heard, let along sung in quite awhile. However, in the midst of the search she was performing within her detailed memory, a strong knock on her door snapped her to attention. The voice that followed made her smile. It was just the person she was hoping would come to visit. "The door's open, Jac. Just give it a push," she replied, her half-folded ears perked atop her head as she slowly sat up. As she shifted positions, her long silvery locks cascaded down her back almost like water over a stream bed. As Jac entered, Ruri's ears swiveled to check if the fire was still burning strong. The random pops and crackles that came from the direction of her fireplace told her that indeed their was still a strong fire within it.

Shrugging off the blanket that she had wrapped around her form, Ruri held out her hand for Jac, hoping that he would grab ahold of it. She hadn't held his hand in awhile, and she wanted to become reacquainted with the touch of her best friend. She had a lot she wanted to say to Jac, but the silvery female also guessed that Jac had something to say too, as his voice was not as jovial as it usually was when he was visiting her. It had carried with it a sober tone, as if he had something serious and important to say.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/jacquez.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:323px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top:10px;">
Short posts are faster~! :O

The air was warmer inside, and the king pulled the door shut behind him, welcoming the change in temperature. The crackling of the merry fire was a pleasant sound, although his dark eyes lingered on the fireplace, wondering if it was safe for the blind girl to be near open flames. He chuffed softly under his breath, gritting his teeth as he crossed the floor in his long strides. It was paranoid concerns like that which he needed to quash. He was supposed to trust that she would make the right decisions. How on earth was he supposed to do that? Pretend he was no longer wanted, no longer the center of her universe? Surely he was of the utmost importance to everyone whose lives he had crossed, so how could his favorite little sidekick change so drastically that she pulled away from him?

Her small paw outstretched, slipping free of the blanket she had cloaked herself in. Jacquez smiled lopsidedly, enveloping her delicate fingers in his calloused grasp before taking a seat beside her. "How is your ankle?" he inquired, casting a sharp glance toward what he considered a grievous wound. She didn't appear to be in as much pain -- that was good. She was keeping it propped up, also a good sign. The scents of other packmates were faint, but discernable -- she had entertained visitors, a third auspicious clue. Yes, Ruri Aceline had been perfectly fine without him. Damn. He had almost been hoping that she would have come to her senses, and begged him to stay, Heath or not. Now he had to actually follow through with his reluctant plan.

[/html]
Table by Sie!
[html]

Aye, short posts may be quicker, but one really long post can also get stuff done fast XD

WC:800+

Ruri smiled when Jac took her hand, enjoying the feeling of his calloused palm against her smooth, white-furred fingers. He sat down next to her and she smiled, noting that he didn't ruffle her ears in greeting, as was his usual habit. Of course, that was probably because she was holding his only hand, but of course Ruri also knew that it meant that Jac had something serious to talk about. It wasn't like him to forget something like that. When he asked how her ankle was, the slate and ivory female nodded her head while she spoke, "It's doing better. It still hurts to try and walk with it, but I've been trying to test it more and more. I hate not being able to walk around. It gets very boring," she giggled a bit, trying to make light of her predicament. Ruri could tell that Jac seemed to be skirting around the real point he wanted to make. The air surrounding them seemed charged by Jac's unease and apprehension. That was alright, she could make the first move. "Jac...I have something I need to tell you, and I'm sure you have something to tell me. I could tell when you knocked on the door instead of just coming in. You know my door is always unlocked," she smiled to assure him that what she was going to tell him was alright. She knew that, like her, Jac didn't want to lose his closest companion. That was why he had reacted in such an extreme manner. He thought Heath was taking her away for good. With that in mind, her soprano voice took on a more serious tone, though her face still wore a warm, sincere smile. "Jac...I want to talk to you, about the three of us; you, me, and Heath," she paused for a moment to let her words sink in before she continued, "Jac, I love you...very, very much. You know that. It won't ever change. You're a part of my life that I couldn't bear to lose. You raised me, even though my own family thought I was too much trouble to do so. You are my closest, dearest friend, and the only family I have. Nothing, I repeat, nothing will ever change that," she reached up and gently touched her hand to Jac's cheek in an attempt to further emphasize her words with the contact. "What I want you to understand, is that I love Heath too, but it's different from the way I love you. Not entirely different, but just enough to make it different. He doesn't want to do anything to hurt me, just like you never want to do anything to hurt me. I want you to know, that just because I want to be with Heath, doesn't mean that I won't be you're closest friend, or that I won't be your most loyal follower. Those things won't change. What would change is that I would live with Heath, and you could come visit me there instead of here. I'm not so naive to think that Heath and I are just going to hold hands all the time, but that doesn't mean that he's going to take advantage of me either. I know a bit more about what men and women do when they really love each other," she blushed. Admitting this part was going to be a little difficult, "When I was a bit younger, when we were still down south, I accidentally heard you with a woman. I was coming to ask you a question and...Well, let's just say I didn't need my eye-sight to understand what was going on. I was a bit creeped out at first, but let's face it I was a lot younger back then. I'm not saying that I know everything now that I've grown up. I certainly don't and I'm glad that you've protected me from those things over the course of my life...and...Well...I can't think of anything else to tell you, except that I want you to understand that you don't need to worry. It makes me sad when you're upset Jac. I don't want you to be upset anymore" she finished, her head cocked to the side as her pale blue eyes stared towards her friend. She had just said a whole lot of stuff, so she didn't expect Jac to grasp it all at once. However, she had been so eager to explain the situation to Jac that the words had all flooded from her mouth at their first chance of escape. She had tried very hard to speak in a way that Jac could not misinterpret. She didn't want to argue with him, because that might make him even more upset and worried.

[/html]