I DARE you!
Not sure how many months old exactly, but I think that he sort of snuck out/he isn't old enough to be left alone himself, he just evaded his mother's notice for a while =P

Snuff snuff snuff. The puppy sniffed around beneath the evergreens, nosing through the carpet of needles, snorting every time he got poked. He knew he should be more careful, but he was on the trail; he was too eager to find out what he was tracking to slow down. That stopped though when he got a funny tickle in the back of his nose, and sat down on his haunches just in time to let out a loud (if squeaky) sneeze. He got up to resume, but then plopped back down and sneezed again. He shook his head with a befuddled expression, before tentatively rising again. He couldn't find what he was looking for until he stopped. Not that he knew what he was looking for...he had never smelled it before, and he wanted to find out what the trail belonged to.

He might have spent the day in a different way, but the snowfall was heavy. He'd been upset and thought he'd have to spend the entire day in the den with his brother and sister, but he had waded successfully out through the snow far enough to find the beginning of the pine woods. Once there, he had discovered that the underbrush was still clear enough of snow to play in. If his brother Skirnir had been brave enough to come with him, they might have played under here. As it was, he had to find something to do himself, and tracking was a fun thing to do; it was just one step short of hunting! Soon he'd be big enough to hunt, he was confident. He was bigger than either of his other siblings, and braver than either of them, too. It didn't occur to him that the two things might be related.

Sticking his nose back in amongst the needles, the little beige-yellow puppy began snuffing again, intent on pursuing the smell further. Even without an idea of what the thing was, he knew that it would be interesting once he found it. The den was too small and had no interesting smells. For a while, at least, the new sights and smells of the outside would be more appealing than the familiar warmth of his siblings and mother.
I fail so hardcore for making you wait this long. -.- You have my permission to pummel me into the ground with a shoe.

[html]
Crow was a big fat stupid know-it-all. At least, that was the mantra echoing constantly in the head of a little black pup as she waded through the underbrush. Ravyn had awakened her big fat stupid brother while their mother was still fast asleep, wanting to drag him around exploring when they were supposed to be in bed. But the silver-eyed male had always been the more level-headed of the Stormbringer twins, and this morning had proven no different. The stubborn boy had refused to leave the warmth of the den. The last time his impetuous sister had dragged him off in the predawn hours, he'd ended up snared in a rather nasty bramble bush and they'd been confined to the boring den for a week after. Crow wasn't about to get caught again.

The male's refusal left the headstrong girl to wander off then by herself. He'd tried to convince her not to go, but it had only escalated into a typical sibling fight which ended the way most such things do. Ravyn had stormed out of the den, turning around only to stick her tiny pick tongue out at her brother as far as it would go. He was such a wuss and a momma's boy. He'd see, she'd be back again before any of the grown-ups even knew she'd been gone, with wonderful stories about new and exciting things!

Unfortunately for Ravyn, the world didn't seem quite as wonderful without some company. In fact, some of the trees with their grabby claw-like branches could be downright scary. One of those branches right now held a lock of fur from the puppy's fluffy tail, and she was a black streak of terror as she ran as fast as she could through the tangled bushes and crunchy leaves of the underbrush. Her breath came in gasps as she fled, her blue-tinged violet eyes wide with fear. She broke out of the bushes in a tumble of black legs and ears, her balled-up form rolling very nearly into another small bundle of tawny fur about her own size. For a moment, she simply lay sprawled on her stomach at the other pup's feet, slowly trying to catch her breath as her little brain tried to register what the heck was going on.
[/html]
OOC-I shan't pummel you into the ground with a shoe. What's interesting is that these guys actually do from packs that are somewhat close by, though I don't think close enough for them to have ever run into each other XD Didn't we say that Skoll's father might have come from one of the three packs in the Stormbringer area? *Sorry, just rambling, it's not something we'll probably pursue here XD

Skoll crouched low, his ears flat against his head and his eyes wide as he heard the sound of someone, or something, coming toward him from behind the branches. A few moments later, something fast and black launched out of the underbrush and he let out a startled squeak as it practically bowled into him. He had jumped back out of the way, before realizing it was a puppy like him. He quickly gathered himself...he hadn't been scared! No way could a puppy scare him. Standing over the gasping stranger, he looked down and tilted his head.

"Who're you?" He thought it was a fair question. People weren't supposed to come around here, he was pretty sure they were still on his parent's pack territory; that was why there were no other puppies around to play with. Not that he disliked playing with his brother: he liked winning all the contests. He quickly ducked his head down to sniff at her, wondering if the smell could have been coming from her.

"You don't smell the same as the trail. I'm tracking." It was true enough. Though he didn't know what he was tracking, he was still getting practice for the long, long, long search he would conduct for his ancestor later in life. Not that he yet knew what use it would be put to. Not to mention, the vast majority of that wouldn't be with his nose. "My name is Skoll."