Explorations
(OOC: How do I go about getting a cabin?))

--

Andy sighed contentedly from her spot at the water's edge. She gazed out over the pristine glassy surface, her eyes not really seeing it before her. She was lost in thought, thinking of her parents. She hoped they were happy and well, wherever they were.

She sat in her werewolf form, knees bent before her, elbows resting on them. Her ears flicked occasionally, taking in the sounds of her new home. A soft smile played across her face. It seemed so surreal; her meeting with Geneva earlier that day had gone so smoothly. She wished some of her past meetings with leaders had gone that way. She rubbed her left leg subconsciously, the old injury causing her to think back on that particular incident. A leader of a pack she had asked to join had been very angry when she had requested to join their ranks. He had lashed out, grabbing hold of her leg. Ever since, the old injury played up sometimes. Usually it took strenuous activity to cause it to hurt, however.

A bird call above her caused her to come back to reality. She began thinking about where she would stay now. Geneva had mentioned cabins or dens.. but where were they, and how was she to go about getting one for herself? She decided she would venture deeper into the territory soon and ask someone.

But for now, she was perfectly content in sitting here, her back paws dipping idly into the cool water. She leaned back, glancing up at the cloudy sky. She wondered if it would rain. She was very happy with the days events. Maybe she would finally be able to settle down here, make some friends. Maybe even start her own family, provided she met the right person. She sighed again.

The day was overcast and cloudy, and she loved it. She had always preferred cooler weather. She wondered if it would get cool enough to snow. How she loved the snow...

I think I'm going to like it here. She thought to herself.

--

(Word count: 342)
[html]

ooc: Why hello there! Welcome to PV Smile To get a cabin, your character must be at the Tenens rank or above. It doesn't take too long to get there if you keep up with your posts though! And when you get there, just PM one of the leaders about it. Also if you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM as well Big Grin

Xeris was on her way back to her cabin. The weather was very nice today, a pleasant change from the chilling rainstorms that had plagued the Valley territory for the past few months. Despite the amount of clouds still in the sky, though, it was fairly warm and comfortable. The white-furred wolfess remained in her four-legged lupus form, as she had been recently. After a long day of wandering about and relaxing, Xeris was feeling rather tired, and wanted to go back to her makeshift home to rest up.

Soon the winter would come. If it was anything like the winters at Heritage Retreat then it would not be pleasant. But Xeris didn't mind the cold that much; she just hoped it wouldn't cause her wounds to ache. In the cabin, she would be able to stay warm. And a bit of snow was always fun. She smiled at the idea of playing in the snow with her friends, her family...

She was brought back to reality abruptly when she noticed someone sitting by the water. Her ears perked up. This was someone new. Xeris loved meeting newcomers. Ambling forward on her tired legs, she approached the stranger, smiling warmly. "Hello there," she said amiably. "I don't believe I've seen you around before. Are you a new member of the pack?" She had to ask this last question because she was unsure. Perhaps this wolfess was like Ehno, wandering to a different area to visit someone or the like. But soon, Xeris supposed, she would find out.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Oh okay, cool. Thanks Smile

Andy's ears flicked back as someone spoke to her. Turning her head over her shoulder, she saw a white wolf behind her.

"Yes, just joined today." She smiled back at the female. She seemed very friendly. "My name is Andrea Newton, or Andy for short." She turned around, her eyes bright.

"So.. Do you live around here?" She asked, curious. "What's it like here?" She scratched an ear with her hand, rubbing the soft flap between her fingers. The darker female stretched out her legs, hearing the soft crack as her knees loosened after being bent for so long. She longed to go for a run, or maybe even a swim. She threw the overcast sky a look, and shivered. The water was cold.

There was also the matter of her hunger. Right on cue, her belly gave a rather loud and obnoxious growl. The inside of her ears turned slightly pink. Her lips twitched as she fought back a laugh. It had been a while since she had laughed with company.

She regarded her companion, taking her in. She was much lighter in contrast to her own pelt. A cool breeze rustled over the bank of the water, causing the gray female to shiver slightly.

[/html]
[html]

Xeris smiled at the newcomer's enthusiasm and friendliness. "It's nice to meet you, Andy," she said, her golden eyes sparkling. "I'm Xeris. I've been in the pack for a while; I'm sure you'll love it here." Andy asked what it was like around here. Well, Xeris thought. Where to start? There really was so much to say about Phoenix Valley, her home. So many amazing things.

"Phoenix Valley is wonderful," she replied with a grin. "Everyone's so relaxed and friendly around here." She sat down, resting her tired body for the moment, and paused briefly before continuing. "You'll get used to life here quickly. The others here will become your family." And it had been exactly like that with Xeris. She had soon adapted to the new lands, developed a daily routine, and met some amazing wolves.

She heard her new friend's stomach growl and chuckled a little. "There's plenty of food around here, too. I remember one of my first days here was spent catching fish." That was the day she'd met Ty and Rendall. She wondered how little Rendall was doing, out there on her own. Now was not the time to think about that, though. She didn't need to get herself depressed thinking about her wandering friend.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: are there specific protocols about shifting from form to form?

Andy's stomach growled again at the mention of food. She glanced behind her, into the depths of the water. I bet I could get some fish.. She turned around again, smiling slightly. "I'm glad I found this place. I like it already." She paused, lifting her muzzle into the air slightly. "It already feels like home. I can't wait to meet more of the pack."

The were rose and stood up, stretching her arms over her head as she went. She felt stiff from sitting for so long. She wanted nothing more than to go for a nice run, and get some exploring down at the same time.

"You look tired. Why don't you go get some rest? I think I am going to go for a run, explore a bit." She glanced around them, squinting into the trees in the fast approaching darkness. This was the time she loved; when the sun was setting but was not quite gone and the moon was just visible in the darkening, multicolored sky.

"And," she paused, scratching her chin, "I think I will get something to eat, too." She added as an afterthought.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: no, not really. I suggest you check out the rp guide, it's got lots of helpful stuff. also this is a short-ish post because I'm in study hall and have a test next period, lol

Xeris grinned. "You'll love the other pack members. I'm glad you're already feeling at home here." She stretched her forelegs before allowing her body to rest gently on the ground. "Eh, I think I'll be all right," she replied to Andrea's suggestion. "If you'd like, you can come by my cabin sometime. It's near the southernmost lake." She nodded in the general direction of her home.

"Ah, yes. Exploring the lands is always fun." Suddenly she thought of something--something she should probably warn her new friend about. "But be careful where you go. Up to the north is The Dampwoods, and it runs into Inferni territory." Realizing that Andy likely didn't know anything about Inferni, she decided to continue, standing back up and turning her left side to face the other wolfess, revealing the long scar along her side. "They're a clan of coyotes," she said solemnly. "They hate wolves, particularly the ones from Phoenix Valley."

[/html]
[html]

Andy's eyes widened as she took in the long scar on her new friend's side. "Coyotes did that?" She asked, her voice spiking with anger. She clenched her fists, her claws digging into her palms.

The young female took a deep breath, willing herself to calm down. "I'll be careful." She smiled, aiming to reassure her friend. With a wave, she turned around and jogged away from the shoreline. The light female felt the change come, and as she ran, she shifted into her lupus form, relishing in the feel of the the earth beneath all four of her paws. With her nose slightly in the air, she ran easily between the trees, memorizing the scent of her new home territory.

When she came to the territory line, she assumed this was what Xeris had been talking about. The Inferni must be across this line. Once more, she felt a surge of anger at what this clan had done to her new clan mate. She was startled by this feeling; she already felt such a fierce connection to her new pack, such a strong loyalty for them. Her eyes dark with emotion, she turned away from the invisible territory line, heading back the way she came.

She slowed to a smooth lope as she retraced her steps. Her nose told her that a rabbit had been by recently, but the scent was not fresh enough for her to easily catch it. Slowing to a walk, she noticed that it had been growing steadily darker as she explored. But now it was fairly dark; where was she going to sleep for the night? Her hunger momentarily forgotten, she continued on her way, deciding she would just sleep on the beach for now.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: wanna get ready and close up this thread then?

"Yes," Xeris said sadly in response to her new friend's question. She didn't particularly want to elaborate on the situation right now; though it had happened quite a while ago, it was still not a pleasant thought. The white wolfess could still remember the single golden eye of Kaena the coyote woman as she came after her in the wet forest. Just thinking about it made Xeris feel uncomfortable.

She watched as Andy got up to leave, promising to be careful. "I'll see you around, then." As an afterthought, she decided that perhaps she should say something else. "And don't worry about me," she spoke with a smile. In a short moment she began to shift, her limbs elongating and her spine realigning. But that wasn't the only noticeable change. "I'm tired, but I'll be okay. It's a...mother thing," she said, placing her hands against her belly, which definitely showed the signs that the puppies would be here soon. She gave another smile to Andy before watching the other wolfess head off, and then Xeris herself wandered off toward her cabin.

[/html]