a white demon love song - aw
[html]
Table by James.

It was just after sunset. Twilight was descending quickly. Darkness seemed so much faster in the winter. It devoured the light, and spread itself like a cancer. But Geneva had not been afraid of the dark in a long time, and so she walked through the north-eastern part of Phoenix Valley with ease and confidence. Her lime green eyes were wide as they scanned her surroundings, though. Although she was confident, she was also cautious and vigilant.

This part of the territory was so strange. It was called the Hill of Graves. The uneven slope of the ground meant that Geneva, in her Optime form, had to watch her step. Headstones marked the resting places of the forgotten. But she did not really find herself chilled by this place. Although it was macabre, it did not effect her aversely. Instead, it reminded her of a place of solitude.

She leaned her shoulder against a large effigy of an angel. The wings were cracked and splintered. Time had taken its toll on this place. But Geneva looked on in fascination. She had found a bit of time for respite, and so she found it here. She let her thoughts wander in whatever direction they wanted to go.

[/html]
Darkness always added a thrill to hunting in the night; the night was always so much fun for her to play around in. The two legged female stood tall as she brushed her white and tan hair away from her face and placed her hat upon her head as she smiled up at the moon, it would be going away soon and so would she for a rest for a hour hours before she went back to poking around the lands and helping Naniko with the pups.

Pontiac raised her nose up catching the scent of one of the leaders of the pack; she hadn’t seen her in a while, not since she made a fool of her-self at the birthing of the pups. She rubbed her chin, it would be nice to see her again, not that she knew her all that well but she seemed to have a great heart to her, and well balanced head also. It was a skill that she envied and wished that she had, her heart lead her head and sometimes that didn’t end up well.

Seeing the female she took a hand and dipped her head and lowering her eyes off the grey lady. ”It’s always so beautiful here, you know that everyone here is never going to repeat a word of what you say.”
[html]
"I have to say I agree with you." came a familiar voice from the graveyard. Out of some hedges emerged Ty, his orange fur still clinging to some leaves and brush. He had been training in trying to be stealthy all day, settling his body under leaves and in wooded areas. The autumn setting was perfect camouflage for his orange fur, allowing him to simply hide by laying down. Because of this, he had been trying to sneak around all day, to not be seen by anyone from sunrise to sunset. While it may seem slightly juvenile, this was an exercise Ty had learned while being trained to fight by the lupine mercenaries he had accompanied. It was substantially easier to sneak around in the Valley, but that was because there was only six or seven wolves for a very large area.

Shaking the brush off his fur, Ty leaned against a larger gravestone and crossed his arms, showing no real fear to be near the graveyard. Ty had never seen a human alive, so therefore never felt scared of their remains. It's hard to be afraid of a creature that one has never seen, and in fact, Ty was more curious than afraid of them. Many of their cultures and language had been passed to the wolves in the virus, which made Ty wonder how they really got started. Looking to the two females, he cocked his head to one side and asked "What brought you two way out here?
[/html]
[html]
Table by James.

It did not take long for Pontiac to appear, a ripple on the surface of her thoughts. She blinked her lime green eyes for a moment before they focused on her pack mate's face. She rose like a ghost, her ivory coat gleaming white in the bleak, gray surroundings. Although it was still quite warm for this time of year, Geneva had noticed frost on the ground in the mornings. She could not see any right now, which she was grateful for.

Pontiac reminded her very much of Naniko at that moment. Her words were few, but it was easy for Geneva to hear a similarity in the timbre of their voices now. She had initially doubted Pontiac's ties to Naniko when she had interviewed her at the borders, but now her doubts were gone. Geneva had not seen Pontiac since the birth of Naniko and Ehno's litter. But she was glad of the woman's presence. She did not know the first thing about her, and she wanted to learn.

Before she had the chance to speak, another familiar voice answered Pontiac. She did not have to turn her head to know that Ty was approaching. The male was proving to be steadfast and an asset to the pack in more ways than the woman could imagine. He was young, but he was maturing quickly. There was still something youthful about him - probably his demeanor. She sensed that perhaps he had gotten a little more serious since the first time they had truly spoken, but there was still a buzz of energy around him like a halo.

She cleared her throat, turning now so that her back was against the cracked effigy of the angel. "I'm thinking about what I want, out of life," she said. She had been turning thoughts over like that in her mind. "Sometimes I come here - and remember that time can be so limited," she said, gesturing with her hand toward the bodies of the dead locked within the ground. "I want to make sure that...I make my life count, I guess," she mused and shrugged, offering a smile.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the hold up, modem fried over the holiday.

She had been here too long to turn back already and the Nuncio had been making sure that her time around the lands where always pleasant every time they spoke. Though she had gotten to where his scent was not something that jumped out at her, maybe it was the fact they were living together for a short amount of time now. So when the male came from the shadows she jumped and her hand lunged out gripping onto one of the gravestones that was within reach. She knew the voice; she gave a smile as she looked over at him, and shook her head giving a soft chuckle, disappointed in allowing her-self not to pick up upon him.

She took a hand and reached up into her tan and white hair as she knocked her hat back, letting it fall upon her back. As she trilled a tassel of her hair and ran a nail over the tip of her hair as she thought. ”Never put the thought of life into that shade of light…” She looked down as she let go of the hair hand laid upon her own shoulder as she thought more nodding about what Geneva was saying. ”Well I guess if you at least can smile at something, no matter how small then you’re doing great in life….what you think Ty?” Blue eyes not leaving the ground as a tan and white ear flicked to where the male was standing.

[/html]
[html]
Ty mused over what Geneva had said, looking to the sky with a certain bit of thought etched onto his face. He dind't know what to say to that at first, as he himself wanted to make sure his life counted for something in the big picture. "An interesting reason to say the least...." He said as he thought to himself, little did he knew his thoughts were about to come out of his mouth without restriction.

"Well, I don't know if consulting the dead is the greatest strategy on how to make one's life count." He mused with a chuckle. "However, it's good to look at their mistakes now isn't it? Come to think of it, what does make one's life matter? It's not like there is a giant curriculum out there is it?" He stopped leaning on the tree and placed his hand on his chin, gazing out into the horizon. "There are a few religious texts drawn up by the humans, but as we see by their death, they didn't follow those too well...one has to wonder what really matters in the end?" He then turned to the two and made a small smirk. '"What's your take on it Geneva? What do you think makes your life matter?"
[/html]
[html]
Table by James.

She was both surprised and pleased when both of her pack mates seemed to have something insightful to say. Geneva was not quite anti-social, but she was definitely a wall flower. She did not speak with others very often, unless they approached her first. But she was always receptive to having a good conversation. She thought back to when she had first arrived in Phoenix Valley, after a great amount of heartbreak and fear had fallen over her. The last time she had had a true philosophical conversation had been with Honore, and he had long since left.

"Speaking of humans..." she said, half-grinning as she considered what was left of them, a legacy of bones. "I am not certain if they were all that wise, but I did find some of their literature fascinating." Anyone who knew Geneva even slightly well knew that she was a complete bibliophile. She spent much of her free time reading at the ranch or recording her own thoughts in her journal.

"The ancient Greeks held a quaint belief, that their deities created humankind. But humankind was too close to them, too perfect, and their gods grew jealous. The gods shattered the essence - what made them great, their souls, I suppose," Geneva mused, shrugging her shoulders before she continued. "They reformed humankind, and gave each of them a sliver of their shattered souls, and then they were imperfect. But when they found each other, when they loved, they were able to join pieces of the puzzle back together." Her lime green eyes swept the graves lining the hill. "Maybe...humans did not understand, or chose not to love. Perhaps that was part of the reason that led to their destruction."

[/html]
[html]

She shifted her weight around on her feet as she put her back to one of the stone statues, as she looked to the golden male as he spoke, she had never spoken to anyone about her theories on life, nor did she really think too much about it. She smiled as she just enjoyed hearing about what each of the pack members views where on the outlook of life. It was clear that she wasn’t as well versed in the ways of life as the other where, and it didn’t bother her it was nice. Her ears shifted as the golden male stopped talking and then looked over to the ashen colored female leader, as she went on about how the human Greek gods had made humans. She had never heard that tail before, though never once was there much of a thought as to why humans where never around. The female played with her hair as she listened to what the lady was saying. It was almost story like. Though some of it had to have been flawed…everyone loved, Pontiac knew deep in her soul and heart that one could not possible live without finding love at one point or another in their life. She shook her hand, in a disapprove matter. ”Surely you don’t believe that one human to another they never found, or felt love...Maybe not as deep as one of us might, but they have to...Live is something one cannot go a whole life time and not find. “
[/html]
[html]
"I don't think that's the case at all, of course humans found love, depending on what we define love to be." Ty said as he looked at the two females, it was obvious Ty was developing his thoughts right as he spoke, simply throwing ideas together. Of course, Ty had never thought of this very hard, he wasn't the type of wolf who cared taht much about the more abstract parts of life. He was a simple wolf, who took things at face value and nothing more, it made life simpler and easier to live, as in his mind, there was no point in looking deep into the unknown meanings and philosophies. but right now, ty felt compelled to continue this conversation, perhaps he did have a philosophical bone within him.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, they weren't exactly the perfect species." He said as he scanned over all the graves. "Though I think towards the end, their love had gone to other things besides one another. They had gone to science, to progress, to technology. That's why they left such a lasting mark anyway. Their love was not lost, it was simply redirected." He then looked at Geneva and motioned with his paw as he spoke. "Think about it, we read their books, we find their technology everywhere, even right now we ae speaking their language, their love was in other things, and that could've been the reason they died as well. Perhaps they turned away from these gods, instead of having to be reduced, they simply stopped listening to them, maybe that was the reason they passed on."

Then Ty simply shrugged and leaned back against the tree. "but in my view, they are dead, gone from this world. All we can really do is take the lessons they wrote about, and try and make them useful for us. Trying to think about what they loved, or how they loved seems like a big ol' waste of time in my view."
[/html]
[html]

Hope it's alright if I join in ;3

Andy loped smoothly through the territory, her nose telling her that several of her new pack mates were near. Excited at a chance to meet them and make some new friends, she ran faster, her nose twitching.

They were congregated at what she assumed to be a grave site. She shivered, but not from cold. She slowed to a walk, shifting into her optime form quickly. She straightened, shaking some leaf litter from her hands as she walked. As she neared, she could hear the faint lull of voices. Her ears flicked forward, straining to hear the conversation better. Humans. They were talking about humans. How odd..

"Hope I'm not intruding." She said softly, not wanting to interrupt. More than anything, she wanted to get along with these wolves, her new pack mates. She paused, a few yards away from the little group.

One of them was the wolfess form earlier; the leader who had let her join the pack. Her tail wagged at the site of Geneva. She offered her a small smile before taking in the other two wolves. Another light colored female was there. Andy smiled at her, too. The remaining wolf was a male with reddish fur. She nodded at him.

Waiting for them to answer her, she took in her surroundings once more. Many headstones covered the ground. She wondered if this was a cemetary for past pack mates, or for something else.

[/html]