while you were sleeping
[html]
<style type="text/css">.viei b {color:#3B4B57;}</style>
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/viera.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:5px; padding-left:20px; padding-right:20px; padding-bottom:95px;">

It was early afternoon when Kaena and Vieira came to the cave where she would be living and share with her mistress. She had been given permission to eat earlier and now she was able to rest for the evening. Vieira was beyond thankful and could not express her gratitude in words. She felt so foreign here and under a new rule but she accepted and it would become normal over time and she would not feel out of place. Her nose was on the ground as she gathered the scents, occasionally looking in the direction of wherever Kaena were but she was careful not to make it obvious.

After she managed to memorize the structure of the cage, she somehow worked up the courage to speak to Kaena. She asked to simply sit by the fire pit that was outside, nearby. The cave was cold and after a long journey, she wanted to warm herself up. When she was given permission to go, Vieira swiftly left the cave and made herself comfortable by the flame. She turned to head to make sure she could see the opening of the cave, able to hear Kaena if she called, and for now she rested her tired bones and muscles. Her tail was curled up along her side and her front paws together. Her head was low and she stared at the blaze as it flickered. No one else was around and Vieira found herself thankful.

She was scared to talk to another. Kaena did not say she couldn't but did not say she could, either. And it would be awkward to explain and she would not have answers to questions if she was given. She felt a sense of nervousness as she rested, her eyes finally closing and she nearly dozed off in the sitting position.

[/html]
[html]
I AM THE FACE OF PISS AND SHIT AND SUGAR
I DO A CROOKED LITTLE DANCE WITH MY FUNNY LITTLE MONKEY
Thank you for starting!

The rain had come to a stop eventually over the day and Ava had awoken from another nap. After he long bout of traveling she was extremely exhausted. She could feel it with every step as it felt much heavier than before. With rest came even more pain with moving after her muscles grew stiff when she curled up into a ball. She figured she would have to get out and explore at some point though so while the rain let up for a bit during the day she decided to go out and hunt or if she ran into somebody maybe have a chat. That was at the back of her mind because she was not sure how to approach the other members of the pack. Her timidness sometimes got the best of her in social situations, but it was rare. Being in a new place though set that anxiety to work and she paused in her step for a moment as she stared around herself.

The smell of smoke was the first thing to catch her attention and the girl cocked a brow then realized it must have been one of those controlled fires that were like the ones the humans set at one point. Her nose breathed it in a bit deeper and she cringed, feeling it making her nose burn then tingle. It was not the best smell stuff, but she knew there was heat to come from it. With her fur still a bit damp from being out in the rain earlier, she decided it would be the best way to get warm. So, setting off in the direction that the smoke came from Ava decided it would be best the best place to run into just about anybody. She was feeling slightly bored the more she thought about it.

Her red eyes caught the bright flame as she walked slowly towards it, noting the other coyote dozing at the edge of it. Ava wondered if she should disturb the tired creature and figuring it was not too much of a hassle to at least say hi she walked on over. Taking a spot on the opposite side of the flames the girl blinked across with red eyes noting the nose ring that hung from the girl's nose and she look at it curiously, hoping it was not rude that she was staring.
style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Uh, hey there, she managed, with the tiniest of smiles.

WHAT I WANT, WHAT I WANT IS YOUR CHILDREN
I HATE WHAT I HAVE BECOME TO ESCAPE WHAT I HATED BEING
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/viera.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:5px; padding-left:20px; padding-right:20px; padding-bottom:95px;">

While she dozed, her senses weakened. IF she were not exhausted, they would have been normal and she would have noticed the woman that came up to her. Instead, she felt like she could sleep for hours in this position and not be disturbed. However, the voice across the flame shook her and for a moment, she forgot where she was. Her eyes widened in surprised and she shuffled her weight in a sitting position until she realized she was Inferni. She was the gift to Kaena Lykoi and her new slave. And she was resting by the fire not far from her cave. Her golden eyes looked across the dancing flames at the other coyote for a moment to figure out if she had really spoken.

"Good evening, ma'am," she responded and blinked, realizing that she was looking at Ava's face. Her ears fell back and instantly she moved her golden orbs to the fire in silence. She said nothing else. She was given a simple greeting and, until there was more, she would have nothing else to say. Her training was so ingrained into her mind that she doubted it would ever be lifted.

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

Ava was unsure not having socialized much as she was brought up except with the few siblings she shared the den with. Even then she hardly spoke to them, she had spent all of her time with her father since she was the only one that remotely looked like she was a coyote. The others were just mutts and some looked more like dogs, while the rest looked like wolves. The more accepted breeds it seemed within the pack. A peace settled on her as she realized she was no longer going to be judged, at least within her pack, because of her coyote blood. The Aquila seemed to have just as much other dog, and wolf in him as she had, if not more. Relaxing slightly she turned her eyes back to the woman, who was no longer dozing and snapped awake. Ava's ears pinned back against her head as she realized that the woman had actually almost been asleep and she must have disturbed her.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>I'm sorry for waking you, she said, trying to cover up her mistake with a friendly wag of her tail. Her eyes drifted back to the dancing flames before her. She had never been so close to it before and after watching it for a few moments she grew mesmerized by it. It took all she had to tear her eyes away from the flame and realizing the woman was not going to speak any further than her greeting Ava tried to think of a conversation starter. She only ever spoke when she was spoken too, so this whole thing was new to her. She was in a pack now though so she realized she would have to improve these skills at some point. There was no time like the present.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Were you born in Inferni? or are you new here as well? she asked, having not been able to pick up the scent of the she-yote with the fire and smoke screaming in her face and blocking all of her senses. Even the crackling of the logs on the fire had seemed to deafen her ears some.

[/html]
[html]

"No," she corrected with a shake of her head. "It is my fault, I should not have been sleeping," she said with a flick of her ears, cupping forward to listen to the other. It was taught that whatever went wrong with her was her fault, regardless. Maybe Ava should have let her rest but she should not have her guard down. The silence lingered between them while Ava decided on conversation, whether or not to continue, and Vieira caught a glimpse through the flame dancing in front of her. Her eye lids were heavy but she kept them wide and awake, now realizing she would have to be careful and listen to Kaena should the woman not be happy she was speaking to someone.

The next question made Vieira realize the other coyote was new as well and confirmed by the second question. "I am new. I arrived today," she said with a short nod. Her head turned back to glance at the cave she needed to watch. Her heart thumped heavily in her chest with nervousness and a sense of fear, knowing it would be her fault for allowing the conversation to go on but she waited it out. Kaena had let her come out here and hoped that she would know someone would come by. As long as she kept it short, she hoped everything would be okay.

[/html]
[html]
<3

Should not have been sleeping? What was wrong with this girl? If Ava were tired she would not apologize for napping here or there. She had actually spent the entire day napping as she attempted to escape the rain for it was the only plausible thing to do besides sit in the den and wait for it all to stop. Her eyes drifted over the female's face watching her movements as she shifted into something uncomfortable and then that fading into a fear. What was she so afraid of? Ava was not going to pick at everything the other woman did because she had no idea what was acceptable and not.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>If you'd like to go back to resting, you can? she offered, her eyes trailing over the other female again before flickering back to the fire as it sparked. Her ears twitched lightly at her next words, well no wonder the female was tired! She was just about as new as Ava was herself and she could not help but smile at this. Knowing someone was kind of in the same boat as her made her feel a bit better. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Before you came here, where were you from? she asked, her ears cocking in interest as she rose back up into a sitting position. She was curious as to the life the girl lead up until now and realizing once again - because she was awfully forgetful about giving her name for some reason - she quickly added in, style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>My name is Ava by the way.

[/html]
[html]

Vieira shook her head and tightened her jaw to fight a yawn that would make her a liar. "No, ma'am," she said after her shake to confirm that she should not be sleeping. She could sleep if she wanted to, but probably not out here in public. She had a little section of the cave but unfortunately, the cave was cold and she had no blankets or other source of warmth to use. She was taking advantage of the fire for as long as she could even if she knew that, when she walked away, it would not last. Just the thought was good enough for her and that she was able to settle her mind after a long day, accepting all the new changes.

"South of here, in Mexico. A place called Eterne," she said, her eye lids relaxing and her toes wiggled into the ground. "It is nice to meet you, Ava," she said with a thump of her tail on the ground and she, in turn, introduced herself. She felt a little awkward having to do so. Back in Eterne, most of the coyotes knew who and what she was but now she was in a whole new place that did not have the same culture. Slaves were not something that were were, it seemed. "I am Vieira Lykoi. I belong to Kaena Lykoi," she said, informing her of her place. It would not be good giving the other misinformation that would later come back on her through a punishment.

[/html]
[html]
<3

Audits twitched slightly as the word ma'am came up again. It was such a strange thing, but she guessed it was normal of some coyotes, but this seemed to be drilled into her and now she was all the more curious of the girl's upbringing. Ava was not one to pry for information, but with the way the girl was responding it seemed she may have to be the one to keep asking questions. She did not mind and as long as the girl did not tell her to stop or looked like she was becoming annoyed she would keep going. Her tail swept the ground behind her reasserting her friendly nature as she offered another shy smile to the girl as she spoke.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Mexico? she questioned, more so to herself as a confirmation drudging up the bit of information she knew about it. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Isn't that a very long distance from here? she asked curiously, seeing as the female was not that old and after arriving here just recently she figured the trip too had been made recently. Her eyes trailed the female's face for a moment, but she seemed good at hiding any thoughts that crossed her mind because Ava could not read a thing from her. The girl nodded in turn as she spoke. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>It's a pleasure to meet you too, she said with another soft smile. Still, Mexico? Her eyes shifted once again to the warm fire and Ava scooted around a bit so she could get a better look at the femme, but was sure to keep her distance so she did not invade any kind of personal bubble the girl set up.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Oh, so Kaena is your mother? she asked, as she recognized the name from when Gabriel gave her a brief run down of everything that went on within the pack and how everything was run. That was Gabriel's mother and she was his second in command. Ava was happy she even remembered that information at all, having been so exhausted the other day from traveling she was sure everything had gone in one ear and out the other.

[/html]
[html]

As close as the woman was to the fire, she realized her septum piercing was heating up and she shuffled backward while the other spoke, questioning about her previous location. "It took three months of nonstop travel to get here," Vieira informed her pack mate (if she could be referred to as such). "It is a long ways away but I had to come," she added with a nod of her and she turned to watch the white animal scoot around the circle and closer to her. Her body tensed automatically with this and when she was being sized up, she stared at her paws. She was naturally petite and thin but the travel had taken quite a toll on her. It would take a few more meals and some rest to return to her natural look.

Ava questioned her statement about her belonging and her ears fell back, lifting her gaze to look at Ava's form but avoiding finding her face. "No, ma'am," she corrected and shook her head. "I belong to Kaena. She is my owner. I was sent here as a gift for her," she announced, her tail curled tightly around her haunch and a new wave of nervous swept her and shot through her veins. Ava had been naive and innocent to her information, finding any other answer than slavery. Vieira just hoped she was clear enough this time around.

[/html]
[html]
<3

Three months of non-stop traveling? Ava had traveled for quite a while, since early summer she supposed. When the heat had just started to set in and she had escaped from her perilous home. If she had stayed any longer, she would have been killed on the spot she was sure. She had no one left to protect her seeing as the only family and connections she had to the pack were dead. Her father was murdered by someone else, while the rest of her small family was eaten alive by herself. Her lips twitched as she remembered it, her eyes glazing over slightly as she tasted the blood on her lips once again. It had all been such a beautiful bloodshed, although she could not help but feel a twinge of guilt. It was there own fault.

The girl was quickly shake from her thoughts as she was brought back to reality and she paused for a moment to listen to the girl. Brows knitted together in confusion as she tried to understand this concept of ownership. Was that even allowed? Ava never wanted to be forced to belong to someone, she had a hard enough time accepting her alphas at the time her leaders seeing as she was forced to stay there instead of choosing who she wanted to join. Her eyes trailed over the coyote once again as she made sense of it in her head, replying with a soft, style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Oh, not wanting to push the explanation any further and decided just to ask about it instead. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Don't feel like you have to answer me, but what was the reason for such a gift? she wondered how this girl could ever want this of her life. To be owned by somebody? It was completely incomprehensible to the white fae as she sat there.

Well, of course she understood, but could not understand why she would just let herself be treated in such a way. The cultural was definitely a big difference and she made a note to never to travel to Mexico if she got the chance.

[/html]
[html]

Things connected with the girl and she twisted her lips and tried to think of what to say. The question was personal and she hesitated responding entirely and tilted her head back to look toward the cave. She imagined Kaena was listening, as if this were a test, but Vieira knew she should not be so paranoid for her new owner. "I do not know that I can answer you," she responded. She felt like the girl did not understand. That she was not suddenly a slave for someone, but instead born for such a purpose. Her world was twisted and she could not deny anything someone wanted, she could not defend herself by any of her owners. She'd been punished several times for trying to defy Astaroth or Sivaro and learned her lessen during those times. She never wanted to relive such an experience but she was afraid, with a new owner, there would be things she would have to adjust to and things she would receive punishments for on things she didn't mean to do.

She imagined Kaena would think of "fun" games to play on her, much like Astaroth had in order to punish her for fun.

[/html]
[html]
<3

The girl seemed to fidget uncomfortably where she sat not liking the attention that was being put on her and Ava in turn respected that. She did not know that she could answer her? With eyes downcast the female nodded. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>It's okay, you didn't have to answer, she said, offering a smile to the young girl. Maybe she would be up for doing something? Maybe hunting for her master, Kaena, would be a good idea? But, Ava thought against it seeing the tiredness in the girl she figured she would go, but would need permission before leaving. So, Ava just fell back into silence for a few moments again.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>I have never been a slave, she started, her eyes shifting to her paws as she kneaded them into the ground below her as she forced herself to speak. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>But, I might as well have been the way I was treated because of my coyote blood, she frowned slightly, turning back to look at the girl beside her. Of course, their experiences could never be the same, but she felt like a part of her understood what it was like to be trapped. The only difference was that Ava had someone to guide her through the rough points and when it finally came down to it, she escaped the life she was living. Even if she ended it on a pretty horrible note. There was guilt, but not because she ate her mother, siblings and the alpha and the unborn puppies, but guilt that she had not been there to defend her father in his time of need. Like he did her all those times, long ago.
[/html]
[html]

The slave did not think the other would press the issue, she was nice enough, but she was thankful to hear the words anyway. She did not want to risk punishment by Kaena should she not be allowed to state more than her purpose. She was property to the woman and it was entirely up to her how her life should be. Vieira simply wanted to make it the easiest she could, for the both of them.

Ava went on to say she had never been a slave and Vieira just stared at the ground. If she had any resemblance to rebellion, she might have rolled her eyes but instead she was silent. She didn't know many other slaves other than what was at Eterne. She did not have much interaction with others outside of what Astaroth had demanded of her.

[/html]
[html]
<3

Vieira seemed to have fallen silent, which was quite normal from what she had gotten from the girl. She only spoke when there was direct questions to her and seeing as she had not questioned her in the last bit the girl just sat and listened. Ava had never met anyone like her, that was for sure, so this entire concept just felt completely new and she felt almost bewildered by it all. She was not too sure what she should or could say to the girl, let alone ask of her. Would she get in trouble? Would they both get in trouble? She never heard anything about slaves from Gabriel. Was it a common occurrence here? Was there more than Vieira?

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Do you know if you are the only slave here? she asked, curious as to what she knew of the pack so far. There was not much she could ask the girl about her personal life, so she avoided that touchy subject and decided to go for something a bit more open. Hopefully, it would not get her in trouble with the woman and her tail twitched lighting behind her as she waited for a response.
[/html]
[html]

Vieira suddenly wondered the same thing, however, she doubted there were other slaves here. Kaena had been surprised and did not seemed to grasp the exact concept of a slave. Though Vieira was used to a man controlling her and abusing her for fun, Kaena so far seemed to be a little gentler but her demeanor was equally as frightening. There was something to fear inside the woman that owned her but Vieira had not quite experienced but she was sure it would come, sooner or later. It was apart of her life. "I do not know," she responded with her ears angled backward. "I would guess that I am," she said after a moment.

[/html]
[html]
--

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Hmm, she paused, for a moment trying to think of the first day she had been accepted into Inferni. It would seem to be that she was the only slave that Ava had yet to know of. Seeing that Vieira was a gift from Mexico she concluded that she was the only one that came here because the trip was so long and plus, it was a gift. There were many more questions that plagued her mind as she shifted in her spot a bit to relax her tense muscles. The heat helped that though, anything that was sore and stiff from traveling was soon eased as she shifted that particular muscle closer to the fire.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Am I bothering you? If I do, please just tell me to stop, she finally spoke. Ava figured the girl would not tell her to stop either way, but she threw the offer out there. At least she could give some sign that she did not want the girls company. But, her face was clear of emotion and Ava was not sure if she was wanted there any longer or if the girl just did not think about it.
[/html]
[html]

She would be surprised if there were other slaves and she wondered if, with her here, it would cause a trend and others would become slaves. She would not wish her treatment on anyone, having suffered and be controlled her entire life. Unknowing the taste of freedom, she imagined she would forever be a slave until the day she died. If set free, she would be lost and perhaps unable to survive or experience further abuse to the outside world that would take advantage.

"You are not bothering me," she said and glanced over toward the woman but avoided her face. Whatever she felt, she could not announce it. She could not turn away Ava if she wanted to. She didn't have the ability to tell her. Ava wasn't even really bothering her, at least, and found that she was rather naive about the world of slavery. Perhaps the others were the same here and she was used to a place where it was acceptable, and she would have to experience other coyotes similar to the one next to her.

[/html]
[html]
--

Her tail flicked behind her casually as she basked in the heat of the fire, shifting slightly as the girl answered. She figured even if Ava was bothering her that she would not dare speak it. So, the girl decided that it was time for her to leave anyway and return to her den. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>It was nice meeting you Vieira, she smiled, politely, hoisting herself to her feet stretching out her entire body carefully. style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>I must be going though. I'll come find you again soon maybe? she said, leaving the offer open without a need for a response. Her tail wagged happily behind her as she dipped her head to the woman and turned on her spot before trotting away headed back to her den.

[/html]