take only what you need from it
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> For Adam and his Ty!

Being the pack closest to Halifax, it was strange that this was the first time in the three months that Silas had lived here that he had wandered to its borders. Phoenix Valley’s territory started just to the east of Halifax, and Silas found himself stumbling along the scent marked boundaries as he wandered away from the harbor of the city and further along the coast. He wouldn’t trespass though. He knew better than that. But he did hope that someone might come along. He’d have to ask about his brothers, of course, but he was also generally interested in the nature of the pack. He had come to learn that Cour de Miracles housed many hybrids and that Inferni was largely coyote. Perhaps there was something about Phoenix Valley that set it apart as well.

Silas decided to settle down for a moment and wait for someone to happen by. He wasn’t one for announcing his presence – someone would find him eventually, after all. He found a log just under a stand of trees and sat there. It still offered a nice view of the shore and the ocean stretching out beyond it. With a sweep of one hand, he pulled the fabric of his bandana to one side. And although he didn’t carry anything with him, he was wearing that new black vest of his.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: I apologize, I had a two and ahalf hour bus ride @_@

A new scent wafted into the nose of a now sleeping Ty, a scent that was new to Phoenix Valley. His eye sprung open and Ty's head rose in confusion, a new wolf? From where? It didn't smell like it came from the other packs. Although not entirely clear, Ty was sleeping under some bushes, as to keep the wind and sun away from him, all the while defending him from predators like cougars, who would most likely gut him while he was asleep. rising to his feet, he poked his nose out from behind the bushes and spotted the wolf. Apparently it was alone, and by the looks of it, not too worried about entering someone's territory, so Ty could only deduct that the wolf was either there to kill or just passing through.

Ty decided he could encounter the wolf alone, but he was hesitant "Hello there!" Ty called out as he slipped out of the bushes, taking a firm stance, but still keeping a smile as to be diplomatic. Although Ty was considered quite a peaceful wolf, he would manage boarder patrol if he was alone and confront intruders, although the boarders were open still, so it wasn't all that worry some when a wolf passed on through. "Do you have business here in Phoenix Valley? Or are you simply passing through?"

[/html]
[html]

I'm really sorry about the wait!

His fingers went to the bandana around his throat, untying the knot that kept it held in place. Setting it on his lap, Silas folded the cloth so that it made one solid strip of fabric rather than the usual large square. Smiling to himself, he retied the bandana around his forehead, pushing back the strands of black hair that fell to frame his face. For some reason, the bandana had seemed suffocating around his neck today.

It didn’t seem much longer after Silas had tied the fabric that a voice broke the melancholy hums of their surroundings. Silas looked up to find a golden colored wolf staring back, and the Russian boy was immediately fixated on his eyes. Somehow they had both blue and gold in them and Silas found that it was almost hard to get himself to speak. All he wanted to do was stare in amazement. "Hi, mine name Silas Agata," he informed the Senex, smiling all the while. "I vondering eef you answer some questions?" He wished his English was slightly better. Silas knew he would be able to phrase his intentions better that way, but he supposed this would have to do. "I curious about this, Phoenix Valley."

<style>
.silas-family p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-family b {color:#1B2A5B;}
.silas-family-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.silas-family {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BAD6DA; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/silastable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:175px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]
ooc: don't worry about it, I've had my problems posting recently as well. XD

the first thing Ty noticed was the person's voice, his accent, while not overly amusing it was noticeable enough for Ty to take notice. It wasn't every day he heard a person with a different accent, but nevertheless he listened intently to what the man had to say. From his manner of speech, facial expressions, and body language, Ty could only gauge that the wolf was not hostile, so he relaxed and listened to what the wolf wanted. Though he did not totally lay down his guard, he remained in a standing position, being diplomatic yet not vulnerable. "Nice to meet ya Silas, name's Ty." He replied in a casual tone when Silas introduced himself. He then got close enough to get a better whiff of the wolf's scent, and to his surprise the wolf smelled like none of the other territories. That meant this was a wanderer wolf, not exactly what he was expecting.

When learning about what the man wanted to know, he cocked his head to one side in a bit of confusion. He was curious about Phoenix Valley? What exactly was there to be curious about? To him, it was a patch of land with a pack on it, just like any of the other territories around. However, this only perked up his curiosity, he could only wonder what the guy wanted to know. Perhaps it was territorial resources, or something of that sort. Ty replied in a calm, friendly tone, but he couldn't hide his own curiosity at the foreign wolf's questions. "Sure, I'll answer some questions for ya'," He said as he walked to the wolf's side "what is it you want to know?"
[/html]
[html]

Silas was glad to see that Ty wasn’t hostile towards his questions and seemed rather receptive. When he decided that he would be kind enough to answer the Russian’s questions, Silas smiled. He patted the log on which he sat, inviting Ty to sit down upon it too if he so liked. Silas was always a rather casual guy – he never liked for anyone around him to seem out of place or uncomfortable. Still, he would understand if Ty felt the need to remain standing. "I curious ees all," Silas started out, still smiling all the while. He knew that body language was extremely important when there was an arresting component such as a language barrier in the way of communicating.

"Vhere does Phoniex Valley stand? Are zhey a friendly pack, or are zhey only like some kinds of volfs in zhere pack?" He knew of Cours de Miracles which had a motley crew of various dog-hybrids and of course Inferni, where wolves were not permitted to join. Crimson Dreams had seemed friendly enough, and now Silas was curious about here. Was there some sort of defining factor? "Oh, and does you ‘ave Russo? I looking for mine brothers. Zhey are called Russo."

<style>
.silas-family p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-family b {color:#1B2A5B;}
.silas-family-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.silas-family {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BAD6DA; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/silastable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:175px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]
Ty was having a hard time keeping up with Silas' accent, he hadn't heard a Russian accent in months, and this one was particularly thick. At first he didn't quite understand what Silas had asked, although he did take the offer to sit down, that much he did understand. The man had spoken quickly as well, which made it harder to follow as he didn't quite catch all of it either, and for a few mintues he was reduced to trying to replay the mispoken English in his head until it made a sensible sentence. It had been a while since he had really talked to anyone with an accent like this, so it was hard to re tune his ears to it.

However, once Ty replayed the words in his head, he caught on rather quickly. "Oh! How do we stand?" He repeated the wolf's question in his own understanding. "Right, sorry I had trouble with your accent for a second there....Russian, I believe?" He asked pointing at Silas. "Yes, well, the Valley here...we are open and welcoming new members...But I haven't really seen any coyotes here so I don't really know how we stand on that." He shrugged lightly in acceptance. "As for...Russo you say? I don't think I've heard of a Russo, or if you mean Russians, I don't think either of those are around here..."

[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">

The young Russian boy smiled as Ty took him up on his offer to join him on the fallen log. He let his shoulders roll back, finding himself at ease now that the Senex also seemed to be. It took the golden colored boy a few moments to decipher what it was that Silas had said, but the Russian understood. He was trying very hard to make sure his English was understandable. It seemed he had been doing a lot better with his sentence structure lately. Often he forgot many of his articles and had troubled conjugating his verbs. There was a definite improvement with his minimal use of Russian, though. "Yes, Russian," Silas nodded in response, a smile taking hold of his features. Though his birth land was far beyond the horizon over thousands of miles, he still took great pride in his heritage.

Ty wasn’t quick to tell Silas of any strong held rules or imposing restrictions, so he had a feeling that Phoenix Valley was relatively neutral in respect to its bias against others. It was refreshing to hear, since Silas had already heard rumors and talk of some of the others bands that held residence in Nova Scotia. And although it was sad to hear, Silas wasn’t surprised that Ty didn’t know of any Russos. He hadn’t really expected to find his brothers here, but he supposed it was always worth a try. "Ahhh, oh vell. Yes, mine brothers are Zaets, Zorish, and Vladimir Russo. I come look for zhem, but I do not know vhere zhey are staying. So I ask everyvhere I go. Just in case." He smiled, knowing it would probably take another moment for Ty to filter all of Silas’ words, but he was glad the Senex had time enough to spend on his questions. "Phoenix Valley.. do zhey have var vith other packs? I hear some packs do not like each other."

[/html]
[html]
Ty was beginning to get more of a sense for what Silas was saying as the conversation went on, his accent becoming easier to understand. The young wolf beganto talk about his family, about three of hiskin in particular, to which he nodded and listened politely. Although he did not know the three wolves, he could only assume they were as friendly and polite as this one was, so Ty decided that a good way to remain diplomatic was address them. "Well, I'm sure your family members are fine wherever they are, and I wish you luck in finding them." He then shifted his positioning in his chair as he continued to listen to Silas' questions. Silas, at the least, was friendly, diplomatic, and polite, there didn't seem to be any warning signs popping up in Ty's head that he was a spy, a threat,or anything else hostile. In fact,the wolf seemed downright pleasant to be around.

However, a question came up that furrowed Ty's brow, one that made Silas' trip here a little more suspicious. Now Ty was not an overly suspicious wolf, nor was he distrusting, but he was no fool, to ask a question about what relationships the pack has with other packs is questionable in itself. Although not directly meaning that he would go back with this information and side with an enemy, what he could do was convince others based on his answers that the Valley is more hostile than it is,making other packs side together against the pack, and though he did not suspect this behavior of Silas, he didn't really think that was a diplomatic question. However, Ty needed to remain diplomatic and not suddenly turn hostile towards the newcomer, so he replied with a polite tone "That's a bit private for a newcomer isn't it? Prodding at what packs are hostile to one another? However, I can tell you we are not at war with any other pack."
[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">

The three Russo brothers could be wandering in Nova Scotia, or they could be half way around the world for all he knew. Still, he would aid his father in asking around all the same. If it would make Rurik happy to know of his elder children’s whereabouts, then Silas would do whatever you could. "Aye, zhanks," he replied, nodding to Ty. He was a rather likable guy, this golden colored hybrid. Silas had to prepare himself for hostile encounters when he traipsed so close to foreign borders. It was a relief to know that Ty had been receiving enough to let Silas ask questions.

But then the Russian boy’s ears began to flatten against his skull with Ty’s words. It seemed as if he had stepped onto a delicate line, and had perhaps begun to sway into crossing it. "Sorry," he offered, trying to find the words to explain. "Eet’s just zhat, mine father used to live ‘ere and ve are trying to see vhat zhis place ees like. Eet much different from before. Mine father said zhe packs used to be north of zhe city, but vhen ve docked, zhe whole area had been, uhh, gone. Fire, mine father said." He hoped it made sense to Ty. Silas wasn’t some spy going from pack to pack to try and gain intelligence to use in war or feud – he was simply trying to get a feel for the lay of the land and avoid putting his family in harm’s way. Knowing how the various packs of the area fared with each other seemed a great advantage in keeping Lily safe.

[/html]
[html]
A sigh escaped Ty's lips as the Russian wolf tried to explain why he asked the question, which Ty understood, he never overly suspected the wolf of anything of consequence, but that hadn't stopped him from keeping things a secret. "Alright, you made your point." Ty said with another sigh as he rose to his feet and began pacing back and forth. "But please, you do have to understand. I am not in the position to be sharing with just anyone how we feel about other packs, I don't mean that we are hostile to anyone, but I'm just not one who should be divulging that information on the fly. It's not your fault, it's just the way it is nowadays. I don't really suspect you of anything suspicious, but one can never be too careful about what they say." He shrugged lightly and turned his gaze toward Silas as he continued pacing. "All I can really say is that Phoenix Valley is not at war, nor has any plans for war with any territory. We are not antagonistic, but that's all I can say."

He then began pacing again and thought about what he had been said, again, diplomatic, yet hard to really divulge much from it, so he thought of more of a way to help him. "Well...that's all I can say...to a newcomer..." He said with a smirk and a nod as he gazed into nothing and paced about. "But that's only if I don't know anything about you, why don't we get to be a little bit better of friends before I start telling you the status of the land. You've already said a little about your family, what about you? What brings you around these parts anyway?" He then returned the gaze back to Silas, his mix of blue and gold in his eyes now locked on the Russian wolf. "Tell me a little about yourself."
[/html]