Runnin' with a rough and tumble crowd!
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Okay, I'll have her 'upperhanding' it a bit, and you can spring the trap in one or two posts, so to speak. As for other training sessions, you can say that Ty hung out with them a lot after this and received a fair deal of training? I can't roleplay all of it out, but I wouldn't mind him getting some benefit for down the road. Also, unless I'm mistaken, he tried to attack her kidneys from the front? XD

The youth did some odd hop over her kick and came in at the side, but it was much faster to bring her leg down and pivot than it was for him to cross around her guard. A tight guard-arm intercepted his hook, but the right hit her in the gut as she tensed her abdominal muscles. She didn't slow down with his contact, though, shooting straight for his face with her left and then following that by hooking her hand around behind his head and pulling him into her rising knee. Jantus and Nikolov winced, while Aivyr studied her posture, impressed at her level of improvement.

"Take it easy, Mala, he's only a yearling," the giant suggested, but it was no good, she was in a competitive mood, and seemingly offended that he'd try getting around her like that. It was one of Mala's flaws, and the reason he suspected that, despite her determination, she'd never be as good as the woman she aimed to surpass: she was too headstrong, too direct in her approaches. Fighters usually wanted to be flexible, not necessarily by using round-about fighting techniques, but because battle situations to evolve (or devolve, as the case may be) so quickly. When she got into a rhythm, she wanted her opponent to wade right into it, she wanted the fight to come down to blood and blows and who could remain standing the longest. Of course, this meant that the first time she met someone as eager as she was, they'd both get mauled, but for most everyone else, she ended up agitated because they favored avoidance strategies to blow-for-blow gritty determination. It also meant that if he or someone else close to her didn't watch her back in border clashes, she could get hurt very badly.

As was her wont, Mala didn't wait to see how much impact her knee had made before following with a close-elbow (courtesy of the arm which had pulled him in) and a parting short-punch from her left. She wasn't afraid to keep it at range or to let it close in. She didn't like ground fighting as much, but she wasn't afraid of that, either. Anything that could give her a release of her frustrations. She could take any amount of abuse, and mercilessly deal it out, too. She had the heart, no one could fault her that. It would be some time before she learned how much more there was to it than that.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Nah, seeing as how he came from the side, his hook can logically make it to the back or the side, but Mala twisted around and blocked the shot, which is why it didn't work. XD Probably my next post is when he'll turn the tables so we can sort of begin to wrap this up. >> P.S. FINALLY OUT OF FINALS!

Perhaps Ty had jumped the gun when he attempted to make an offensive, even though he got one good shot in. He felt the punch collide with the side of his nose, though not breaking anything, it certainly sent him stumbling back. However, he acted purely on instinct when Mala had brought her hands around to the back of his head. Instead of letting her get a firm grip and pulling him down on her knee, he managed to pull back and clear his head from the assault, though still stumbling about, the original hit still sort of dazing him. She was obviously upset that he had landed a hit, once he got hit bearings he noticed she was already advancing with a forearm to the face. He was able to bring his hand up in defense, but it still jolted him backwards, and he barely managed to catch the left short punch with his free hand, he then used both his arms in a push attempt to get some space and allow himself to get his bearings

At this point, he wasn't exactly in the best shape, she had dinged up his face a bit, landed some blows on his stomach and chest, and countered everything he did. He was on the losing side of this fight, but he had to try something, anything, he wasn't going to quit now. All he had to do was think quickly about how he could topple this fighter. But he could see in her eyes now, she wasn't exactly out of breath or weakened by his attempts to stop her. She was in prime fighting condition, she hadn't been very easy on him at all. Then again, he hadn't said he quit or begged for mercy, so he at least had that going for him. He did chuckle softly at the thought of it, but he wasn't the type of wolf to do that if the situation came to it. But now wasn't the time to think about giving up, now was the time to think about how to beat Mala.

So far his attempts had been lackluster, with every strike or counter he made , she had a better one, but he was beginning to catch her rhythm now. She was a striker, a pure striker, her moves were highly based on trading blows with another fighter until one fell down. He knew now that she was unprepared for strikes that weren't straightforward, that if the game changed she wasn't one to adapt to it, that was how he got that lucky shot in her gut. The only way he did that was getting close though, so how was he going to get close without meeting another fist in the face? That's when it came to him, she would strike him as a knee-jerk reaction if he moved in, so he had to goad her into coming at him, and he would probably lose respect if he began trash talking, so the best method of making her move at him was to fake her into it. Planning his idea in his head, he raised one fist back for another strike at her and then charged in, pushing it forward towards her face. Although this was the same move he had made for the last two rushes, but there was a method to his madness this time, all Mala had to do was react in the same way she had been.
[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Shorter since we want Ty to take the offensive this time.

He had pulled away before she could use any of her vicious close-shots with the knee and elbow, but she was still confident that he wasn't evenly matched with her. He didn't have the hot-bloodedness that she did, the willingness to hurt and be hurt. She'd get bored at this rate...she never found anyone really willing to go blow for blow with her. Even Ranya, her sister and best friend, preferred to avoid damage compared to her own method. While she was too stubborn to admit it in her heart, she suspected that Ranya was beginning to be better than her. That hadn't been true for Skoll's tournament, but her sister had focused more on technical skill than she had. Neither of them were emotionally detached from fighting, like the professionals were, but Ranya was certainly a better balance than Mala was, if one believed that balance was desirable. That was one of many mounting frustrations which drove her fervor in combat.

Ty feinted, and she fell in for it. Her one arm lifted to block while the other cocked back to return fire with a full-bodied blow of her own. The yearling had guessed right. Because she rarely changed her strategy, she did not often anticipate others doing so. When others did it to her, she would usually answer my attacking with greater speed and greater power, or if she was already at her maximum, she would stay her course and push through their shifting strategies. She didn't win all of her fights, but she played the same card--her best card--every time, as her best answer to any situation. As her advice to Nikolov suggested, she knew how to fight on the ground, but her heart was rarely in it the way it was in her standing attacks.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: Is this too much? If it is, you can tell me and I'll edit it.

When Mala fell into his lure, he sprung upon her with a surprising amount of speed considering the hits she had made on him, his youth was probably what allowed him to keep going. He had one chance to turn this around, if he did not act quick enough, she walk catch on and move in on his ploy. As soon as her hands moved into position, his changed. He took another step forward, not following through with the intended punch, but now in grabbing distance of both hands. When she did throw the punch, his guard was strong, so he parried her strike with his wrist, pushing it aside. His left hand then reached out and grabbed her blocking wrist, preventing it's use as a defense. She was now without a guard, which if Ty and Mala were in a real fight, Ty had a lot of opportunities, he could of reached out and bit her shoulder or neck, or he could have simply brought one of his legs up and brought his toe claws raking down her now open stomach. After all, he now had the element of surprise on his side, at least for this half a second.

However he had to keep in mind they were sparring, and all he wanted to do was stun her long enough for him to make the take down. Seeing as how what he was doing was kind of touch and go, he went with what he remembered rather spontaneously from his training with his old pack of fighters. Keeping his grip on her right hand with his left hand, he brought his right in with a quick hard chop to her neck. While the chop was not overly strong or devastating, it would be startling enough to stun someone for a second, that second would be all Ty needed. While she was stunned, he now ducked under her right arm, while simultaneously bringing his right arm across her torso diagonally. Now that he was in position, his right leg swept around underneath her feet while his body twisted forward, tripping Mala and throwing her to the ground.

So Ty now had her on the ground, what could he do now? Well, that's why he had kept a grip on her right arm. While he was a young wolf, he was a wolf who could plan ahead in a fight. However, being so young, Ty didn't quite remember the submission hold from this position, so he had to make something up as he went along and improvise, because even if he let up now, she would regain her bearings and retake the offensive. He quickly switched grips on her wrist, then knelt down while resting her elbow joint on his knee, making a makeshift armbar. His now free left hand then reached out and then rested on her neck, his claws poking at the veins in her neck. He was surprised that this strategy had worked at all, and now that he had her at the mercy of his claws piercing her jugular, he didn't have anything to say. But his eyes said it all as they intensely locked with Mala's in a calm but focused gaze. Ty had changed his persona slightly as he had a bout with Mala, although his lighthearted attitude still hung about him like a dense fog, but Ty's slight change in character, his increase in focus, was absolutely noticeable, one could simply feel it by looking at yearling in this instant. His claws then squeezed slightly on her throat, indicating the question that Ty was asking Mala, silently asking if she surrendered.

[/html]
[html]
I might cut down on the nerve pinch angle since the sources I've seen say you need power to make a chop do much of anything, but getting chopped in the neck is still debilitating...if you're offended by the alteration, I can absolutely modify it. Question: you make one or two references to Ty using a left hand to attack/block/what have you Mala's left hand/side, is that to say he's going across her, or that his left side is interacting with her right side (that is to say, the one across from his own, like in a mirror)? PS: I assume he gets off of her once she indicates that it's over.

Mala was a proficient striker with her hands and legs, and even more dangerous when she felt she could use her claws. One of the core reasons she liked to keep things standing and at striking range with her opponents was because they usually weren't as good at it as her: she not only kept the pressure on, she kept her head enough to keep aiming her attacks, and by the time it was over (in what serious fights she'd experienced) her enemies had so many lacerations they couldn't always successfully retreat, though her older brother wouldn't always command their death, depending on the severity of the situation. For now, however, this younger wolf was trying one of his tricks again, and her anger was just beginning to grow and she had cocked back her fist when a fast chop--coming from the hip so as to generate power--took her at the neck. Her shoulder jerked upward spasmodically, sheltering the impacted area...her whole body seemed to cringe.

The throw he used to take her down was excellently technical, and though he locked her arm with only one-hand, the fact that it was there to lock her arm, not break it, meant she couldn't criticize him for it. She looked up at him in bewilderment--this was far beyond the level of what she'd thought he could do--but when he applied that slight bit of pressure to her neck, her eyes flashed with an indignant anger that she had not shown up to this point. What? WHAT? Mala disliked losing, but it wasn't the end of the world: Aivyr beat her every time they sparred, her brother lost sometimes, but she knew that was because he had chosen to. Samson could best her too, nine times out of ten. But to think that this kid might walk away thinking this was how it would have really ended lit a fire that, for a moment, she could not control. Her lips pulled back dangerously, baring her teeth.

Before she said anything she might regret, her taut grimace slackened, and waived a hand at him gesturing that he should get off. Her expression had changed from ire and fire to lazy and relaxed...she would play it off like it wasn't anything. After all, what better way to let him know how things were than to let him know it hadn't been any big thing?

"Yeah yeah, you got me. Don't get too cocky, though. In a real fight I'd have opened you a dozen times and more before now. Don't think you'll have such luck waiting that long in a real fight." All of a sudden, she found that she wanted him to come back soon. Or to have a rematch now. It would be very hard to justify losing to a Souls wolf without avenging herself totally.

"Well hey, there you go, kiddo! Glad you figured out not to stand with her all day." Jantus gave a mirthful laugh while Aivyr and Nikolov exchanged sidelong glances. This wouldn't be the end of it with Mala, they knew. "What say we break for a while, get a drink, clean up. We can train a bit more later in the day, and maybe spar a couple of days from now, when you aren't so beat up!" Mala's mood was outwardly impassive. She wouldn't forgive this until such time as she had evened and probably doubled the score. It wasn't that she couldn't lose...but losing to Ty? Not even two years old and from the place where coyotes won the fights and called the shots? That was not acceptable.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: Whoops! I mistook the rights and the lefts on a person, sorry about that. For the record, yes, I did mean as Ty was looking into a mirror, and as such I was able to edit it so it made more sense, with the rights and lefts put in correctly, and taking the nerve out of it, I have remembered chops to the neck being surprising though, so it was enough. And yes, Ty does get off of her once she says it's done.

He could see in her eyes the bewilderment and anger she had when she conceded a victory for him. She was certainly not happy that someone like him, a wolf so young and inexperienced, could even manage to pull of a throw and get her to surrender, and when she was so close to winning as well. A few more hits from her fists and he might have had to call it quits, but he had to think outside the box. Though being somewhat in shape and of average height, he was still young, his frame wasn't entirely grown into yet. His youth was still a huge factor on his overall performance, which resulted in him occasionally making stupid choices in a bout because he wasn't experienced enough to finish it. He was only so lucky that he was able to move in so quickly with his claws, as he forgot any and all choke holds or anything that he was taught, and that lapse would've spelled his end if he had hesitated.

However, the win brought something back to Ty, something a little violent, a little hot blooded. He'd been living in peace and quiet for quite a while, this was something he hadn't really felt in months. It felt good though, like taking a bath after rolling around in the mud, he enjoyed this feeling. It was a feeling hard to describe though, it wasn't exactly bloodlust, but he definitely craved for more fights. Perhaps one could call it confidence, making Ty feel rejuvenated, excited, the leftover adrenaline still pumping in his veins. But he knew that he still had a long ways to go before he could do real combat to the death again, these few months had really made him very sloppy, but this was still something that would get him on the right track, something that would boost his spirits a little, something that would help him realize it's not all peace and quiet over here, and surprisingly, that excited him. He now felt he wanted to go back to fighting, he realized this is what he could offer to his pack more than anything else, protection. Sure, he was nice and diplomatic, but the Valley already had plenty of diplomats, they could use more protectors, and Ty wanted to help.

He would have thanked Mala for her help in boosting his confidence, had he not seen the look on her face or listened to what she had to say. It was obvious she was upset by the outcome, quickly defending that she would've had him beat long before he was ale to make that move in a real fight. While Ty could have argued right back, he tried his best to remain somewhat humble about In the one practice round with him, he learned so much about fighting, and he respected her talent as a fighter. But she wasn't in the mood to hear that praise either, so Ty shot a casual gaze at her with his usual calm demeanor, and with a friendly smirk on his face, replied in a competitive tone "If you're up for a rematch sometime, I'd enjoy fighting you again."

He then heard the large wolf give a short praise to him before asking him to come have a drink, and he was right. Both Ty, Mala, and Nik had been battered a little bit and could use some rest, so Ty nodded. "Sure, I'd like a drink." He said with a grin. That's when it hit him, he didn't know any of their names, except for Mala and Nik, and that is only because he overheard their names, nobody had really introduced themself. This caused Ty's lips to curl up without thinking in a slight scoff of amusement, the pack had been here with him training, and yet nobody bothered to even know his name. He figured since training was over, he might as well get the introductions out of the way. As he walked back to the others and out of their little sparring ring, he turned to Jantus and said "This might be a strange question to ask..but..." He chuckled again as he rubbed a spot that Mala had hit, as it was kind of sore now. "Who are you guys? You didn't tell me any of your names..."
[/html]
[html]
For reference, Jantus's home is 'across the ocean' technically, but only because we're on a peninsula. The Pine is located somewhere around what's currently Vermont.

"I won't start slow next time." Mala replied through gritted teeth, before walking past the younger male. It seemed that she'd prefer a much different sort of fight than the one he had in mind. She wasn't a very technical fighter, but she had little doubt that she had the scrap in her to stay in a slugging match longer than he could. From what they'd seen, she dealt out the damage faster, too.

The group began off toward the nearest water sources. It looked a little funny with Aivyr being the only person out of shift, but there was no time or need to shift, so it would simply have to do that it looked awkward. Besides, if they did any unshifted training with the new guy, Aivyr would want to still be in the proper shape to take part, though it could work out just as well to use Jantus or one of the previous two again. It was clear at this point, though, that this person was atypical of what they'd heard about regarding Souls. He wasn't defenseless in a fight, especially not when confronting someone more aggressive than himself. That said, the whole affair with Mala would have been much nastier if claws were involved, but it was better that her ego be bruised than that they hurt a member of their host pack, or one of their own party get even more humiliated.

"Oh, I guess we skipped that part. M'name's Jantus; I'm the alpha of the Snow-capped Pine, off to the Southwest of here, over the water. She's Mala, as you know, and the coyote's Nik. The unshifted white wolf's Aivyr. Last two are...friends of the family? Allies?" He looked over to the coyote, who shrugged nonchalantly, like he couldn't be bothered with the semantics. Aivyr flicked an ear as a similar gesture.

"Anyway, we're here with my other sister, Ranya, Nik's mate Tanya, and four relatives to a wolf we came here to pay respects to: Skoll Axehand. We thought of him as an indispensable ally in our past dealings with him, but I guess was less important in a place like this. Guess it's why he stayed here. Anyway, no one seems to remember him, even though he only died a bit over a year ago."

"A year last August," Mala corrected, her irritation from the fight being redirected at her brother. Aivyr nodded his head in agreement. It had been him that the Souls wolf, Lubomir, had contacted with news of the warrior's death. Aivyr had been closest to him, though Mala and Ranya had perhaps revered him more. Jantus had always seen him as more of a rival, though the one time they'd fought the giant's size and power had been insufficient to trump the older wolf's skill and experience.

[/html]
[html]
[I see]

Ty shot another calm but now very aware glance at Mala, who uttered somewhat of a threat to him. She wasn't going to let this go, that much was apparent just by the way she was acting, they fact he got a lucky break and beat her by guessing right was not going well in her head. It was now that Ty suspected that the next match the two of them would have a much bloodier finished, but he was unphased by that option, one could say he was rather eager for the opportunity to really prove himself. This match was moreso gauging power, seeing how the other reacted, Ty was excited to see how things would go down with claws. This would only contribute to his starting to train again, beginning to get back into thee groove of fighting. He gave a small humble smile and a nod, replying to her threat as calmly as posssible, though he was still intimidated by the woman. "Well then, I'll work as best as I can to make sure I can offer you a good fight."

Hearing the introductions, Ty's eyes widened at hearing where they were from. Across the water? How strange it was for Ty that these wolves came this far for something, and to pay respects no less. Coming such a long way simply to be there for a dead friend, it was certainly a sign of the bond they must of shared. But Ty simply smiled and nodded to all of the wolves as they were introduced, politely acknowledging their existence. He turned back to Jantus and gave a contented smile as well. "Nice to meet all of you, I'm Ty by the way." He said to the group, seeing as now the introductions were fairly informal, he continued trying not to prod about paying ther respects to this wolf. "Well, it's certainly honorable to go and say your goodbyes to a friend. I respect that."

His eyes gazed over the group of wolves before him, they reminded him of the pak he once ran with, the ones who picked him up after he left his mother, stowed onto a ship, then got washed up on the shore after said ship was destroyed in a storm. They were all warrior wolves, each one having somewhat of an interest in combat, something that Ty was once good at. He left that pack and came here to the Valley to try and live a childhood he didn't really get to have, but over the few months he lost touch with himself, became docile, became useless, a peach. After the fight with the mountain lion that nearly cost him his life he had recoiled into a defensive shell, not really wanting to fight again. It was only with these wolves' help that he realized how much he missed it. Although gruesome and gory at times, it was one of the ultimate tests of one's ability to survive, and one's ability to protect what matters to them, and Ty loved that about fighting. "This was....certainly a rejuvenating experience." Ty said after a few seconds. "I didn't really think I was going to go back into fighting since I came back to Phoenix Valley. However, you folks helped me realize how important that skill is to me, and I really got to thank you for this He looked up to Jantus with a youthful curiosity. "I really hope I can train with you and your pack again sometime soon."

[/html]
[html]
I doubt this thread will be your highest priority over the next few days, but I thought I'd go ahead and reply to this one now just in case.

Ty's words were unusual, especially given their presumptions about him. From the sounds of it, he hadn't actually been in Phoenix Valley all that long...a stint outside of it would go a long way toward explaining where he got these skills from. Defeating Mala, even if she wasn't going full-throttle wasn't something to sneeze at, provided you weren't born to the lifestyle. She calmed down at the statement, though she didn't turn around to let anyone see it. As long as she didn't have to let anyone know a Souls wolf beat her...they didn't have a good name for themselves in the Pine: where some foreigners saw the situation as due to Inferni's strength, Jantus and his packmates attributed it to the weakness of the wolves. Mala was glad to hear that Ty hadn't learned to fight here.

"We're not a pack, Aivyr said, the first statement he'd actually made straight to Ty. "But you certainly should keep coming back while we're here. You're more interesting than anyone else we've met so far. No disrespect to your leader, Jefferson...I bet he'd have you beat if he could tell us where he got so torn up." The white wolf spoke without the same bite of sarcasm as his friend Nikolov, nor with the warm familiarity that Jantus often mustered. He seemed more formal than the other three, more proper, but not unfriendly for it.

"As it stands, you're the only one around here who's given us any spectacle at all, let alone joined us in fighting. Next time I'll see what you can do on four legs, and I'm sure Mala will need a rematch with you"--she didn't so much as flick an ear at the mention of her name--"But really, it'll be fun to see how you do against Jantus. It's always fun for us to see someone fight a guy of his size for the first time." A weird pause came over Nik and Aivyr after he said that. "Well, the first time they meet him for fun, anyway." He seemed to have no more to say, but Jantus shrugged.

"Fighting is an important skill, Ty, but we've all gotta remember it isn't always fun or pretty. When Mala fights for real, she gets peoples' blood all over the place, sometimes hers, sometimes theirs." Her ears fell. She seemed to soften up a bit at his words...she knew he worried about her. "When I fight for real, I take advantage of my weaker and smaller enemies, and break their bones or put my weight on them so they can't get up until I'm done killing them. Nik breaks skulls with his metal bat and Aivyr's got the skill and size to choose his method." The lot of them had fallen quiet. The point of their trip came back to them.

"We have fun with these spars, and we like seeing who's best, but with the training you've received, I'm sure you were taught the downside. Our friend who we came to honor was the best of all of us at this, and combat claimed him anyway." He turned a smiling face back to Ty and the rest of them. "Fate willing we'll a softer exit than he did. Until then, we'll remember our old friend Skoll, but not forget to welcome any new ones that come along." The other three nodded, and that seemed to bridge the last of the distance between their group and Ty. They walked closer to him now, and when they finally came to a stream, they did not give him space as an outsider but as one of their number. They were not a pack, but as friends went, they could include another for the duration of their stay.

[/html]
[html]
Ty was slightly embarrassed when he was corrected about how the group was not a pack, but that intruiged him even more about these wolves. They were of no affiliation to each other except that they were warriors, it fascinated Ty to no end. But he said nothing about it but listened to the coyote's talk, and he grinned in a excitment when he was offered an invitation to come back and fight with them anytime they were here "You know what? I think I will come back and fight with you guys again real soon, Mala needs a rematch, and perhaps when I've built my confidence back, I will go a round or two with Jantus here." He said with a little chuckle. Of course that was just the balls talking but perhaps one day, when he had really gotten to his full potential, he might be able to provide a decent challenge for someone like Jantus.

He was actually quite overjoyed to hear the praise from Aivyr. Even when out of shape and lost touch with his violent self, he was happy to know he could still provide a challenge to wolves like Mala or coyotes like Nik, wolves who had been training right up to this moment. what had began as an awkward encounter of him spying on them, became a budding friendship with these canines. He could feel himself getting an attachment to them by accounts of kindred spirit, and perhaps maybe if here ever left the Valley he'd certainly look them up. But for now, he could simply nod and say a simple "Thanks." to Aivyr's compliments.

It was then Jantus' who began making his own monologue about the reality of what fighitng is there for, what it is meant to be used as, and the consequences of it's actions. While Ty could have said that he had seen blood as well, and killed his share of wolves and coyotes, he preferred to just let the big man talk. Some things one just does not interrupt, no matter how redundant they may seem, this was just one of those things. And it wasn't all redundant, most of it was actually very inspiring, and Ty was glad to hear it, what Jantus said showed how much he cared for the people around him, as well as how much he knew about warfare, Ty could only look at the large wolf with respect, he was a warrior at heart, and nothing less.

That's when Ty's eyes looked up to the sky to see the sun setting slowly, apparently he had spent the whole day with this group, and now it was getting late, and cold. He dipped down and took a drink from the stream before speaking up again. "Hey...I'll have to head back to the Valley soon to check on the boarders and such. but before I go...where will you guys be tomorrow? I'd like to come back and go another few rounds with you guys. Especially on four legs, I'd like to see how I do against another wolf on four legs."
[/html]
[html]
Shorter since I feel like it's just a 'conclusion post' if you will =P

"After that beating? You may want to wait a few more days before you do another serious spar. Still, we can show you four legs if you want." Aivyr answered first, though they all had the same thing to say. The bruises would have been fresh the next day (not that they were usually visible through fur), and most fighters didn't want to risk getting hurt more because they were sore and not at one-hundred percent the next day.

"Well, we didn't know we were keeping you from pack duties, Ty." Jantus laughed, though he didn't expect Jefferson would be pleased to learn that his members were shirking responsibility to spend time with the squatters. "Go on back. We'll be here tomorrow, same place you found us. Not sure just how long we're staying, but we'll let you know when we plan to if you're still around."

"Yeah, if he keeps coming, maybe we can get Trigger to fight him." Nikolov snickered, but Mala looked at him warningly and his ears went up at alert. Jantus scowled, though Aivyr got a smile out of it. Jantus and Mala considered Trigger their responsibility, and he'd already gotten into one very dangerous altercation around here already. That one was a hot-head. The last thing they were going to give him any more of on this trip was fighting...not that he'd have been in the mood since last time. He was not a warrior, and still recuperating from the injuries he'd received. Hopefully, this Ty character would help Phoenix Valley if it ever ran into trouble with the mutts over in Inferni. From what they'd heard, pretty much all of the packs needed whatever help they could get.

The lot of them said their goodbyes and went ahead to find the place they were rest for the night. The sun was sinking, and who knew what the next day would have for them. Other than the concerns with Trigger and the tension that came with possibly losing their charges to this new home, this had been a somewhat relaxing stay ever since they'd gotten the funeral itself out of the way. They approached their main camp where they had been sleeping each night, and could already smell Tanya and Ranya and the kids. "Nice kid." Nikolov said just before they entered earshot.

[/html]