take this to your grave
This table might be my favorite. -rolls on it- And this thread is actually starting on the outskirts of Inferni, but I thought since they're going to Halifax I could put the thread there. Mm.

[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ssnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

It was outside the borders of Inferni, and the morning was at its midlife. Snake had risen early this morning, as he had gone to sleep early last night. He had been bored—there was really nothing for him to do, and he had been in an antisocial mood lately. This morning, however, was slightly different. He had woken up with many thoughts buzzing around in his head, and they galvanized him to move towards the boundaries. He passed the rows of skulls on their perches and came to a perch of his own—he nimbly leaped atop a tall, dark boulder and sat.

He watched the sun move for a few minutes, thinking about nothing. But then the thoughts began to trickle into his consciousness unbidden. The shell necklace around his neck felt heavy as he remembered the general rumblings of a trespasser in Inferni that had reached his ears. Call it a hunch, but Snake had went on a hunt, looking for the scents. It hadn’t surprised him to find that the scent was that of Daisuke. Snake knew that, when he had been warning him, the golden wolf hadn’t been listening. He knew that the coyotes hadn’t killed the trespasser, but he wasn’t sure how worse for wear his friend was. For all he knew, whatever wounds he might have gotten became infected and he had died or something.

A very unfamiliar knot began to form in Snake’s insides—something that vaguely resembled worry. It was something completely new to him, for he had never really grown attached to anyone enough to ever worry if they were well or not. Apparently he had made an exception in this case. Idiotic, the coyote thought in a moment of cynicism. Entrusting a friendship to a wolf. He had been attacked by two wolves since he was here, both for no good reason. Why should he worry about one of them?

Oh, but Daisuke had been much more different than them. There was a sense of innocence in him that was curious to Snake, and he found himself wishing that nothing bad had really befallen the wolf. So, after a moment’s hesitation, he lifted his muzzle and let out a harsh coyote call, generally calling to his lupine friend. Then, feeling somewhat foolish, he remained on the boulder and waited.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... netabg.png); background-color:#187516; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Yeah, that one's gotta be my favorite too. The snake was just too mesmerizing to not mess with xD thanks for starting again <3 this would a few days after he's met with hybrid, mason, and halo as well as pontiac. He's got only half of the scars he will eventually have though.

I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time

BIC: The male had been mending his own wounds and they all were healing nicely from as far as he could tell. Each of the wounds had already scabbed over. The worst two were the ones on the back of his neck, a horizontal slash from the sword that young Inferni female had, and the one that was on his chest, diagonal starting at his collar bone and reaching down to the middle of his chest, again caused by the bladed feo. He felt like he needed something in his hands now, just because his staff had been broken in half by that one bastard. Daisuke should've beat the male down with the skull part of the staff, but then again, Daisuke figured that the stupid wolf would have a harder head than even the damn deer had. The scabs that bothered the male the most were the ones on top of his maw. They were most annoying because they moved along with his facial expressions.

The male had been wandering around the forests of the outskirts of the pack. Wondering what way he could get in without being seen, but his efforts were interrupted with the sound of his name on the wind. Audits pricked in the direction the howl came from. Daisuke's tail instantly started to wag. There was only one whom would call him while this close to Inferni. He smiled at the thought of the sandy male. Finally he was able to adventure with his friend again. He jumped up and bolted off in the direction of his slithering little Snake. The male had been in lupus form today, just because he had figured it would be slightly easier for him to hide if he was in his lupus rather than his Optime. All four legs worked together, each of them switching off places when they needed to, to keep the male moving at an acceptable speed. Long tail was curled over his back, while his audits too were straight up and pulled forward.

The male was quick to come upon his buddy, only about five minutes passing between the time that Snake's voice had lifted to the sky before Daisuke showed up. The sandy male had been sitting upon a large boulder. Waiting for the golden wolven to make his way to this place no doubt. Oceanic orbs touched the male's stoic face. Good afternoon, My slithering little Snakey. he spoke, before letting his mind clear, and letting the change of his body occur. He let his body grow and twist, bones crunching and replacing. Elongating and everything on the male growing. Tail, audits, muzzle, legs, arms, back, and chest. Everything. It only took him two minutes for completely finish, and once he did, he looked back up to his friend. His tail wagged gently before he approached the male, and he leaned his stomach against the boulder the other male was on. Daisuke stuck his pierced tongue out at the male before he let out a giggle. You called and I came. How have you been, m'love? he asked, his long pierced audits tilted towards the other male.

-------------

Sometimes I don't know why I try Because it's easier to die than to get by, than to get by And you and me, we can be buddies, we can be bloody

mall fonts; text-align:right;">table by Jacoby
Image by Alaine

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ssnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

The few minutes passed—Snake did not notice them. His momentary stasis was interrupted when he heard the sound of paw-steps, and he looked up just in time to see the golden shape cut through the forest. He was in his Lupus form, though that did little to hide what adorned his form now. When Snake had seen Daisuke weeks ago, his golden coat had been flawless. Now it was marred with scars and—as he saw patterned across his lupine back—some sort of tattoo, depicting mechanical wings or something of the like. Snake’s visage immediately became darker, disappointed. He didn’t reply to the golden wolf’s jovial greeting, and pulled his knees close to his chest, wrapping his arms around them and placing his chin on his knees. This is how he contemplated while the other Luperci shifted, during the expanse of a few minutes. When Daisuke looked up, Snake would’ve still had the same disgruntled appearance.

He looked down on Daisuke, his expression not budging even when the other male joked and cajoled. At the question, his gravelly voice came forth in a growl, “Obviously better than you.” His olive eyes narrowed, becoming nearly invisible beneath his bandanna. “I told you to stay away from Inferni, and yet I find your scent there and you beat up like this. I can’t say I didn’t warn you.” While he was somewhat upset with the wolf for doing opposite of what he had asked, he was more so at himself. Snake was one who would pin such blames on himself—surely he could have done better in warning, or perhaps drilled it into the golden wolf’s head a little bit more. But reality might have it that Daisuke would’ve come back no matter what he said, but Snake wouldn’t have any of that. He thought that he could change the malleable decisions of others, always.

His head cooled slightly, and he gestured vaguely towards Daisuke’s back. “The hell is that?” he asked in that blunt way that he had.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... netabg.png); background-color:#187516; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC:

Who's Watching
Tell me who's watching
Tell me who's watching me
I always feel like...like somebody's watching me!

Daisuke sensed the male's disgruntlement. Audits fell back lightly, instantly knowing why the male was angry with him. His eyes were still on the other male's though. He wanted to see the emotion in the eyes. He wanted to see his friend's eyes fill with emotion. Obviously better than you. growled the other. Daisuke innocently looked at the other male. He withdrew his tongue back into his maw as the other male talked. I told you to stay away from Inferni, and yet I find your scent there and you beat up like this. I can’t say I didn’t warn you. the other male went on to speak to Daisuke. Did the other worry about Daisuke? Did he truly care about Daisuke? They were all just games Snakey. I mean my staff did break in the middle of one of the games, but it was still a game, Snakey-poo. his voice was gentle, caring. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you Snake, but I wanted to surprise you with a visit. I wanted to see your den..You... he spoke, his blue eyes on the male still. Daisuke's hand reached out, and touched the loose fabric on the bottom of the other male's jeans. He twisted the tattered pieces of clothing through his index finger a few times before the other male spoke again.

The hell is that? his voice fell from his lips, and Daisuke saw him looking at his back. They're my wings. Hanna did it for me. he spoke as he leaned up from the boulder and turned around. He offered the male a friendly smile as he grabbed his own hips, opposite arm to opposite hip, and he looked back at the sandy male as much as he could without turning completely around. He wanted the male to see a full scale of his tattoo. She also did the piercings for me as well. he spoke before he then turned around and looked at his friend. I'm sorry a made you worry. Can you forgive me? he brought it back up, not really believing the male to let it go just like that. He didn't want Snake to worry about him. Daisuke leaned back on the boulder's bottom, his stomach towards the boulder. He looked back up at Snake again with his audits pulled toward him. He looked at the male innocently, trying his best to look cute enough for Snake to forgive him.

-------------

Sometimes I don't know why I try Because it's easier to die than to get by, than to get by And you and me, we can be buddies, we can be bloody

Image by Alaine

[/html]
[html]

“Games,” the coyote growled. It wasn’t even a question—it was more of a seething outrage. Never in Snake’s life had he experienced violence as a game, unless it was one of Patriot’s twisted gladiatorial matches in which he found his newest officers. And any connection between Daisuke and Patriot was enough to make Snake want to gag. He had even broke his staff in one of the fights, which was somewhat disappointing—he knew that it had meant something to the wolf, definitely more than the one that Snake had put on the borders and barely thought of past that. Somehow he knew that Daisuke would want to try to visit, and he had to shoot him down, “Even if I had met up with you on Inferni grounds again, I just would’ve gotten you off’ve them again. I said it before: it’s dangerous for both of us. And I don’t know why you’d wanna see my den—it’s nothing special.” They may be games to Daisuke, but Snake would rather keep the rest of his body uninjured for as long as he could. Of course, he did bear several superficial wounds on his arms from Lolita’s attack on him, but he hadn’t gone searching for that trouble.

The wolf turned so that Snake could better see the colored emblems that were now emblazoned on his shoulders. Snake’s face remained impassive—he wasn’t sure how to feel about them, or the piercings. Snake wasn’t fond of such things, personally. He found them superfluous, but Daisuke seemed happy with them. “Yeah, they’re great,” he said, his voice entirely too emotionless to be sarcastic.

Then he transitioned straight back to the sorries and the forgiveness and the pouting. It didn’t faze Snake an inch. Unaffected, he simply sighed and slid off of the boulder, slightly to the right so that he wouldn’t land on top of Daisuke. “If you don’t go gallivanting on Inferni land again, yeah,” he said, walking a few paces towards the forest and glancing over to his shoulder to Daisuke. “So, what was that adventure you wanted? To see the human city?”

[/html]
[html]
OOC: feel free to pp them going to the city.

Who's Watching
Tell me who's watching
Tell me who's watching me
I always feel like...like somebody's watching me!

Games. the word fell off the male's tongue with harshness. It made Daisuke's nerve ratter slightly. Not in anger, but in anxiousness. Even if I had met up with you on Inferni grounds again, I just would’ve gotten you off’ve them again. I said it before: it’s dangerous for both of us. And I don’t know why you’d wanna see my den—it’s nothing special the male then added. Daisuke figured that he had a point. Daisuke wasn't sure about a response to this either. Daisuke stayed silent. The boy finally let his eyes fall off the male, and onto the boulder. He really didn't mean to upset the male. The male then looked at his back for a moment, and spoke a short sentence. It was an automatic response. It held no emotion. The characteristic of Snake that Daisuke had found so interesting had popped itself back up. Yeah, they’re great. the male spoke. Daisuke nodded his head lightly. Thanks. spoke the male, a smile developing back on the male's maw, and his tail wagging gently in the air behind him.

The other male slid off the boulder. Daisuke pushed himself back up and off of the boulder as well, and stood up about four feet away from Snake, whom looked back at him and said: If you don’t go gallivanting on Inferni land again, yeah. speaking about the forgiveness. Daisuke thought about making a promise, but there was just so much mystery in Inferni, and plus, he had yet to speak with the Lady Kaena that he had heard about. He also needed to speak with some other Infernians to see if he could collect anymore information. I'll try. he simply spoke, hoping it would fly. If not, then he would have to make a promise, and then more than likely keep it this time around. He didn't want to seem unfaithful to the male. So, what was that adventure you wanted? To see the human city? the male invited him on an adventure, and that's when Daisuke's features lit up like a Christmas tree on Christmas. He let out a gasp. That'd be sooo much fun! Adventure! the male exclaimed as he bolted off infront of Snake.

Daisuke jumped in the air infront of the other male, before bolting off, and then stopping once again to make sure the other was still around. He didn't want to leave his buddy behind. Daisuke wandered about the treasures that they would find in the human city, afterall, Snake said that his mother found his blade in the city. If there were blades, then there were probably ten times more things that he could find (also since he had found whiskey and a bookbag the last times he had gone to the city; but Daisuke would fail to mention that he had been to the city not only once, but twice now) Adventure my golden hatchling.

-------------

Image by Alaine

[/html]
[html]

Daisuke was mostly silent, which made Snake feel both disgruntled and accomplished. It was a strange combination. He thought that what he was saying was sinking in a little better than it had the first time (though the wolf did not promise to stay off of the coyote grounds), which hopefully caused most of this silence. But he didn’t like berating the wolf, so he felt bad for that. He really wished that his golden-furred friend would grow some common sense before too long, or at least a sense of self-preservation, but he wasn’t sure that would be happening. Daisuke struck him as one of those whimsical types.

Whatever negativity he might have instilled in the wolf was thoroughly evaporated in the face of the adventure that Snake had brought up. Quicker than Snake would’ve thought, the wolf had bounded in front of him and seemed half-way to Halifax before he turned to make sure Snake was following. At the very moment he turned, Snake was still standing, but once Daisuke looked back he began to follow. During the last few weeks, the Inferni Hastati had actually been training rather rigorously (there was nothing else to do), and had put on a little more muscle than even a few days before. Unfortunately this did little for his speed, and Daisuke would have to put up with his coyote friend lagging behind a little bit.

They traveled mostly in silence (on Snake’s part, though I can’t speak for his lupine companion), and within an hour of waiting for Snake to catch up they were within Halifax’s city limits.

It had certainly seen better days. The city was in disrepair. Power lines, trash, old cars, buildings, concrete, and all sorts of debris littered the streets. Snake had already been here before, so he attempted to lead the way towards the section of streets that held most of the shops. “The best shops to find are those that sold everything, and whose doors are closed. Means that no one’s already looked through for the good stuff, and you don’t know what to find.” Snake had seen one store—a pawn shop whose doors and windows were mostly boarded up. He hadn’t tried to open it alone, but he thought that perhaps they could both work the doors open.

[/html]
[html]
OOC:

with stars in your eyes,
and with fire at your fingertips,
burn down this city and everyone in it,
singing, "Oh, we are the dancers!"

Daisuke looked back to his companion, and noticed that the male did not follow until after Daisuke had stopped and looked back to see if he was coming. Did Snake really think that Daisuke would leave him behind? Sure, since he was faster, the male would be more energetic and obviously quicker than the smaller, more stout male. Daisuke had noticed that the male looked buffer than the last time he had see the male. The boy's muscles were more defined, more beautiful in the eyes of Daisuke. Truth was, he suppressed the urge to just rub his face on the male's stomach, just to see what it felt like against his face. Weird, I know, but this is Daisuke we're talking about are we not?

Daisuke watched as the male started to follow, and with that, he turned himself back around and bolted off infront of his friend. Unlike the silent snake behind him, Daisuke was busy making noises with his mouth that could imitate an airplane if he knew what that was. He made the sound, along with whooshing sounds and mini explosions just because the male was just weird like that. He ran along ahead of the male, every once awhile him coming to a stop and looking back and seeing if the male was behind him. Once he saw the male, he'd turn tail and bolt off once again. It took them a good hour of this game until they were finally able to make it into the destroyed city of Halifax. Daisuke was first to come upon the limits, and once he had, he stopped and waited for his slower friend. Once the other male had come up, the boy had lead the other to a street riddled with shops. The best shops to find are those that sold everything, and whose doors are closed. Means that no one’s already looked through for the good stuff, and you don’t know what to find. It also meant that there were preserved things, and it didn't get burned down from when the pyromaniacs came and set everything ablaze. That makes sense. he answered, nodding his head as he followed Snake to a boarded up building. The windows and doors were boarded and still intact.

Daisuke looked at the doors, and slightly wondered how they were to get inside for a moment. But then if dawned on him that they would obviously have to find their own solution to their problem. Daisuke thought for a minute, his hand raising to his chin, and his fingers stroking the hair on his chin back and forth before he moved in. He grabbed the metal handle of the door and jerked it, testing it's strength really. He then looked to Snake. Maybe we should just kick it in? I doubt we'd be able to pull it open, even with both of us. the male spoke, before he stepped away to let the male take a closer look at it.

-------------

Image by Alaine

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rsnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Although Snake had not really known him for a very long time, he felt as though he were more attuned to Daisuke’s nature than most others that he had met. Because they didn’t really seem compatible with Snake’s own personality, he often didn’t really regard the wolf’s more frivolous actions and words. It wasn’t malicious or negative in any nature—the coyote merely didn’t see any point in making a fuss over it, since he knew that Daisuke wasn’t a wolf to go about changing how he acted for anything. He usually hoped for the same in regards to his more peculiar quirks. Especially the ones that generally severed him from the rest of the sentient population.

When the running came to a stop, the coyote seemed pretty tired. He spent the time walking down the streets catching his breath—sadly, his training regime did not much include running of any sort. It seemed to him like he’d have to start including it though. Which sucked. Snake hated running. After the general navigation of the city and much due cautiousness (for Snake had been threatened by a wolf with a baseball bat in Halifax once, and that hadn’t been fun), they both came across the store that he had marked out. It certainly wasn’t couture in any way. He knew what it sold because of the part of the sign that still remained over the door—though most of the letters were faded, “pawn” could still be seen. Snake wasn’t fully literate, as his mother hadn’t been, but he had been taking lessons before he ran away. So there was some that he could make out.

He was regarding the windows and door as well when Daisuke was, wondering whether it’d be better to knock the door down or break the window. Broken glass was always dangerous, so he was glad when his lupine companion suggested kicking the door in. Snake approached the barred portal in question, tracing a claw across one of the planks that had it boarded up. It easily gave way, meaning that it was mostly rotted out by the rain regardless. “Yeah, I think it’ll break pretty easy if we kick it in,” he said, taking a few paces back. He looked to Daisuke, ready to act on his cue. Snake thought that, with their combined efforts, the door would probably crack off its hinges and fall to the floor. And then—treasure hunting.

[/html]
[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wnwsnk.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 90px; text-align: justify;">
OOC: This table is by you man.

The other male had been quick to analyze the boards like he had. Yeah, I think it’ll break pretty easy if we kick it in. Daisuke was glad the male agreed. Daisuke too stepped back, but not far enough to where he couldn't reach. The other male looked as if he was ready to act as well. Daisuke looked to him, and then to the door. Daisuke guessed it was on his mark, so he looked at the door and then smiled lightly. Okay, ready.....set.....GO! with the voicing of the 'go' he had got himself a small running go, and he jumped up onto one leg and kicked in the door on his side. If Snake was to hit the door in the same fashion, it would come tumbling down. This was exactly what had happened, and Daisuke squealed in delight as he heard it crash onto the floor. Daisuke looked back to Snake with a huge smile on his silly golden maw. That was pretty awesomeness, man. he spoke, before he walked towards the building, and he entered.

Time had covered the place with dust, though it was almost completely in tact. The building itself was in tact, but there were still some things placed in odd places. It looked like the rats had chewed through some things, and there were moths and other bugs just pretty much chilling wherever. Daisuke looked around, his eyes were quickly attracted to a case of knives. He looked back to Snake and smiled. There were many different blades, each looking cooler than the last to him. The largest had to be a 12 inch blade. That was, until the male had jumped behind the counter with the blades and he found a rather curious piece of equipment. He found a long sheath. He bent down and picked it up, and then looked to the other male. Snake, what do you think this is? he asked, cocking his head before he took each blade out of it's sheath. The blades were long, and they had a circular band at one end, while the other just had the tip of the blade. He took out the second one before he placed them both on the dusty glass counter.

These are so cool! the male exclaimed, even though he still was trying to figure out exactly how to use them. Daisuke took a lever that had been in the middle (and it had the grooves for your fingers and everything) and then he put his arm through the hole. It seemed to be a perfect fit. He tightened the blade to his right arm and then did the same with the other one. Once he had gotten them both on, he had put them infront of his face, crisscrossing the two blades to create an X infront of him. This is like a bigger version of your knife man. he spoke excitedly as he smiled lightly to the male.

[/html]
I was tempted to have him say "it's not the size, but what you do with it", but I thought that'd be out of character. >_> Also, the gun is a 1911 Custom.

[html]

The moment he heard ‘go’, Snake lashed out with a front kick that, combined with Daisuke’s, made the rotting door pale in comparison. In a shower of dust and splinters, and with a decently calamitous crash, the door fell in. Feeling just as accomplished as anyone is when they’ve conquered some sort of barrier, Snake allowed himself a half-smile, glancing over to Daisuke to catch the goofy grin on his face. Without any more congratulations, the two bandits entered the abandoned store.

Truth be told, things were pretty well-preserved, minus the dust. It covered everything, and Snake was almost willing to bet it was an inch deep in places. His face screwed up a bit—he wished he had a mask or something, so he wouldn’t be sneezing for days… Oh, wait! He removed the bandanna from his forehead (which happened perhaps once or twice in a year for him), unfolded it so that it looked more like an oversized handkerchief, and tied it around his face. With his makeshift dust-mask, he felt a little more confident.

He followed Daisuke to where the knives were (as he, too, was attracted by shiny, sharp things) and watched as the golden wolf leaped behind the counter and pulled something from there. When asked what they were, Snake gave a noncommittal shrug—he had seen a lot of blades before, but nothing quite like those. Daisuke tried them out and tried them out, though his mirth was mostly lost on Snake. The coyote was busy searching himself. He ducked behind the counter, as he knew from experience that the best stuff was locked behind there. He drew his knife and put it to the lock of one of the taller, locked drawers. He didn’t bother with finesse when he knew that time had rusted them out. He merely placed a palm on the other end of the knife and gave it a firm hit. The lock busted and the small compartment fell open.

Snake’s eyes, for a moment, livened up, and he gave a small cackle. Taking two of the bottles, he placed them on the counter. The dust was so thick on them that he couldn’t guess what they were, but, seeing as though they were locked up, he guessed they were alcoholic. “More where that came from,” he mentioned before moving onto the next lock.

He broke he lock much as he had the first time. This was a smaller drawer, towards the top of the counter. When he pulled it out, his eyes lit up again, though this time they remained glimmering for a while afterwards. He knew exactly what these were. Patriot had had three—a Colt Single Action Army (“the best gun ever”, the wolf had said), a Desert Eagle, and a P90. None of them had worked, and Snake doubted that any of these did either. It didn’t mean that he didn’t want one, though.

One stood out to him more than the rest—a handgun, and one that seemed to shine despite its coat of dust. He picked it up, wiped it off, and gave it a scrutinizing eye. “I’ve found something to one-up your blades,” he said softly. He shifted the gun to where he held it in his right hand, aiming it towards a wall. He pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. Parts didn’t even move. Lack of repair had disabled it. Snake was disappointed, but not totally. He looked at the silver side of the gun again and, to his surprise, found something etched into it. It wasn’t professional—looked like someone did it with a small blade. Most of it was indistinguishable, but he could read out one word— “‘Hayter.’”

[/html]
[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wnwsnk.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 90px; text-align: justify;">
OOC: I would've seriously busted out laughing. For awhile too. xD

Daisuke swung the blades around abit, making sure not to accidentally hit anything while doing so. His motions were to test out the light-weight blades that seemed to be just perfect for the male to be able to deal with. He smiled lightly. The staff was replaced now, with blades. Something more deadly than just a stick. Daisuke's eyes went back to his friend as the male was opening a cabinet that was locked. The other male reached within the cabinet and pulled out some bottles of a clear liquid in bottles. Oceanic orbs narrowed on the bottles as he picked one up and opened it immediately. He sniffed the liquid first, and just by the whiff he could tell what it was. He looked to Snake. More where that came from. the other male said. Daisuke looked at the bottle before taking a swig from it. The familiar burning was met up with at the back of his throat. Definitely Vodka. the male muttered before he chuckled lightly at the thought of Heath. This was only the second time he had tried vodka, and the first was courtesy of Heath from Cour Des Miracles. You should have some. It tastes funny at first, but you get used to it. the male spoke before he took another swig. He then took off his blades and returned them to the sheaths.

His eyes moved towards some jewelry that was in the glass. Daisuke wandered how to get into the case without breaking the damn thing, and then he saw an open side on another counter. He moved the back of the case, and then grabbed a few of the rings and necklaces that were in there. They were covered in dust, but with a nice, forceful blow, the dust came right off. He looked at each of the necklaces, but was quick to decide that they were too girly for him...Well, all except one of them. It was a silver chain-like necklace that had ultimately caught his eye. He looked at it, and then was quick to slip the chain over his head and let it settle around his neck fur. He smiled lightly and then looked over to Snake to see what he was doing again. He held a silver and black object in his hand. He pointed it at a wall, and then pulled a small tab thing on the bottom of it. (Daisuke had no clue what the hell it was really). And he curiously looked at it. He jumped back over the counter before moving his head to the opposite side to cock it that way. I’ve found something to one-up your blades the other male spoke. What is it supposed to be? he asked, curious about the object the male had in his hand.

Again, Daisuke took another swig from his bottle, awaiting the answer to what exactly it was. Hayter. he heard the male mutter. Daisuke again cocked his head, but to the other side once again. It's a Hayter? he asked, confused.

[/html]
Oh my God, he's never talked this much in his life.

[html]

“I’ve had plenty of vodka before. Don’t worry.” To prove it, Snake took the second bottle, popped it open with one movement, and took a relatively deep gulp from it. He placed the bottle back down, his face unchanged as ever. It wasn’t really surprising. He hadn’t had anything but filthy water and sour wine in New Haven, but once he and his mother had escaped and got back out on the road with Laurel, they drank spirits almost more than wine. Vodka, wine, beer, whiskey, rum—Snake was familiar with all of them. He had more alcohol tolerance than most other teenagers he knew, that was for sure.

While he had been testing the broken handgun, Daisuke had wandered off and had been looking at some jewelry (Snake could tell by the tingling sounds he heard from across the shop). When the wolf came back, he wore a silver chain around his neck—Snake found it somewhat tasteful. He hated things that were gaudy, and this managed to stay right below that point. The wolf seemed genuinely puzzled at what the gun was, though, so Snake handed it to him. “Handgun,” he answered before explaining, “A human weapon, and ten times more deadly than a blade. Patriot told me how they work—you put some ammo in it, and you pull the trigger. They shoot these tiny projectiles made out of metal, called bullets. They move so fast that, if you point it someone’s head or someone’s chest and fire, they’re pretty much dead on contact.” Snake admired the ingenuity of the humans—they certainly knew how to kill someone.

As for the name, “It might be. Some people named their guns. Kind of weird, I think. It’s either that or that was the name of its owner—so that someone else wouldn’t mistake the gun and take it. There’s some more writing before ‘Hayter’, but I can’t make it out. That might’ve been the guy’s first name.”

[/html]
[html]
OOC: That is just about the most green I've ever seen come from snake xPP

I’ve had plenty of vodka before. Don’t worry. the male spoke to him. The other then took a bottle and took a pretty large drink from it. Snake took one gulp for every two that Daisuke took. Daisuke still was not used to the burning, he only was used to it when he was completely trashed. That had only happened twice already. He figured today would be the third time. This time he would be with someone whom was not a stranger to him though. I mean, this would only be the second time that Daisuke met the male, but with Addison and with Heath, it was all in the same day that they met and got trashed. The male watched the other. Just then the other male had handed the gun over to him. Daisuke had done the same thing the other male had done, and he aimed it at the wall, and then clicked in the trigger. It did not make a sound, not even a click. Handgun, A human weapon, and ten times more deadly than a blade. Patriot told me how they work—you put some ammo in it, and you pull the trigger. They shoot these tiny projectiles made out of metal, called bullets. They move so fast that, if you point it someone’s head or someone’s chest and fire, they’re pretty much dead on contact. the male explained. Daisuke looked at him. So this is what Addison was talking about. She was talking about one of these things. Daisuke looked at it closer, observing it for a good minute and a half before he handed it back to his friend. Addison told me something about those. She said that someone had one of those, and could kill me. he spoke, nodding his head lightly. Did Addison ever say who it was whom had it? No, but she did mention the fact that there were rats and a coyote. Daisuke didn't think much about it really, because that was just about the last thing he really remembered from that night. He couldn't remember anything else that happened, or how he ended up back in his den that night. Nothing but the few explanations that Addison had given to him had been remembered.

It might be. Some people named their guns. Kind of weird, I think. It’s either that or that was the name of its owner—so that someone else wouldn’t mistake the gun and take it. There’s some more writing before ‘Hayter’, but I can’t make it out. That might’ve been the guy’s first name. he then spoke. Daisuke nodded his head. So you're going to keep it's name that? Hayter? It's got a nice ring to it. he spoke, smiling softly to the male. Daisuke's eyes then fell onto the necklace that was around the other male's neck for a second. Daisuke admired his own work of art for a minute, and then noticed that the male had not taken it off, or it hadn't been ripped off. Daisuke let out a small chuckle at the thought. He guessed that Snake really did like the necklace, since he had not taken it off. Daisuke's own hand raised to his own new necklace. He touched the cool silver before he looked back over to the pile of jewelry he had left on the counter. These are all sparkly and stuff, man. You think a girl would like some of this junk? Perhaps I can give it to someone... he spoke, thinking about the females he had met over the few months. The first one he had thought of was the one whom had taken his innocence(Svara), and then he thought about Finn. And then Addison. He wondered if any of these females would like any of these necklaces. If he could find a pouch then he would put them in there until he could find a new owner for them.

Daisuke took another drink of his bottle before he set it down and looked around the pawn shop some more. His eyes looked for a backpack like he had found in the University with Hanna. He looked and looked, but found no backpack. Instead he found a satchel. He unzipped it and then started to put some of the necklaces in the bag as well as his two blades. Toss me a few more bottles of the vodka. For the road. he spoke, tossing his head to his friend before he gave the male another smile.

[/html]
[html]

Snake had no idea who Addison was, but he nodded. “They’re pretty rare nowadays, and the functional ones even more so. Time usually ruins the devices, and whatever ammo you can find.” He took the gun back from Daisuke, looking at it a little more closely. It wasn’t rusted, but he guessed humidity and time had cracked the mechanism—it didn’t even click when you pulled the trigger. He was pretty sure it was far-gone, but he had a strange notion to try and restore it as best he could. Regardless, he was going to keep it, if not just for show. Patriot had told him that CQC was meant to be done with a pistol in one hand and a knife in the other, and he was kind of excited to try out the martial art he had learned the way it was meant to be.

He put the handgun into his back pocket, crossing his arms over the front counter and thinking while Daisuke roamed around a little more. When the thought of naming came up, Snake was silent for a moment. He had, for the longest time, been against surnames. They were those passed from parents to children in some kind of loving familial relationship. Snake sometimes felt like he had no family, even though he knew he did. He didn’t take any names. But what if he borrowed a name from someone who had owned the same gun he did now, so many years before? “I don’t know. Maybe.” He examined the back of his hand, as if there was something there he hadn’t seen before. “Snake—Hayter? What do you think?”

The golden lycanthrope had gone back to the jewelry he had found in the case towards the back, mentioning something about giving them as gifts to girls. Snake didn’t respond—he didn’t know how. He could count all the girls he had met in his life on one hand, and that included his family and their friends. All the rest were much older coyotes of the clan. Regardless, he wasn’t very interested. Machines had no place in their circuitry for passion. “You can try it, I guess,” he said with a shrug of his shoulders. He leaned back from the counter, picking up three bottles between the fingers of one of his hands (skill, I know) and bringing them over to Daisuke. “Careful,” he said levelly, his gaze having an edge of flint, “Don’t drink ‘em all in one sitting, alright?” Daisuke seemed like someone who’d drink a little too much…

[/html]
[html]
OOC:

They’re pretty rare nowadays, and the functional ones even more so. Time usually ruins the devices, and whatever ammo you can find. the brute spoke to him. He nodded his head. There were a lot of things that were rare. Functional things even more rare. Daisuke was slightly glad that the blade did not have any mechanics that would rust over time, you know besides maybe rust if he didn't take good care of them. I figured that the one that she was talking about was operational, because I don't think she'd be scared of one that didn't shoot. started Daisuke. He then shrugged his shoulders. The only thing I know though is that the one whom had the gun was a coyote...and that they were in alliance with some rats. he spoke, broadening Snake's view on whom might have it. Maybe the male knew, maybe he didn't. Daisuke wasn't really worried about it anyways.

The other male seemed to be in deep thought as Daisuke hustled and bustled about. Dai had started to put some random little trinkets inside the bag, not really paying much attention to them until he picked up something glass. It had a bowl with a hole at the bottom, and then it curved up and had another hole up there. It also had a hole on the side. Daisuke was already confused about the object, so he just simply put it in the front pocket, so he knew where it was, and then he zipped the satchel up before looking back at Snake. I don’t know. Maybe. Snake—Hayter? What do you think? the male asked. Daisuke's audits swiveled at the question. The male wanted the name Hayter for a last name? Daisuke giggled lightly as he noticed the sound of the name. It has a ring to it, but honestly, it sounds like you hate snakes. Because you'd be Snake Hayter. I personally like it though. the male pointed out, giggling softly, though not mockingly. He was more giggling at the fact that he noticed it.

You can try it, I guess. Careful, Don’t drink ‘em all in one sitting, alright? the male had spoke to him. Daisuke could barely handle a bottle, much less three. Naw, I don't drink too much. Only when I'm with others. he spoke before he too yet another swig of the bottle he still didn't finish.

[/html]
[html]

Snake was vaguely curious about this other coyote that had managed to lay hands on a working gun—partially because Snake would’ve liked to know where he had found the ammo for it, or how he had found a functioning one, or how he had restored it to working condition. All he knew was that he was growing even more fascinated with his find, and was sure that many of his empty hours would be taken with examining it a little more and trying to find out how it might have worked before. To move forward, you often had to look back—and that was Snake’s plan of action when it came to what he’d do with the seemingly-useless Hayter’s handgun.

Regardless, the golden coyote hadn’t noticed the lack of congruency between his own personal thoughts and the conversation until Daisuke informed him with an amused smile and a laugh. The green-eyed canid’s ears flicked back for a moment, but it didn’t seem like a bad idea. At least, Daisuke told him it wasn’t. “Just because we share the same name doesn’t mean I necessary have to like the things,” he muttered. Actually, like everything, Snake was indifferent towards his reptilian namesake. And in even deeper truth, Nikita had had an old story that she had heard in mind when she had named her last son—a story about a broken and tragic hero with no name, but went by that of Snake.

He was still iffy on the idea of having a last name regardless, so he merely stored it away as a potential idea. Maybe he’d try to introduce himself as Snake Hayter once or twice to see how it would work. Maybe there were names out there better for him—he wasn’t setting anything in stone yet. No, Snake had never been so intrepid.

“Oh really?” the coyote intoned as he took another drink from his own bottle, the ghost of a smile appearing on his face before disappearing. “Well, I’m not sure about you, but I’ve found all I want here. Want to try another store?” Another swig from the burning Russian brew.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace

“Just because we share the same name doesn’t mean I necessary have to like the things muttered the other male. Daisuke didn't mean that he had to like snakes, he was just saying, it would be ironic fo him to maybe like own a snake, then his name be Snake Hayter. Others would think by his name that he hated snakes. Daisuke let his hand run through his long hair as he gave a awkward chuckle. He didn't press the issue, on account that he thought his friend's temper would flare, though the male seemed to show very little emotion, and the only time he had seen the male angry was only an hour or two ago when he had found out the Daisuke had gone back onto Inferni lands against Snake's orders warnings.

Oh really? Well, I’m not sure about you, but I’ve found all I want here. Want to try another store? the male went to speak after taking two more swigs of the vodka. Daisuke matched him, taking four, since his gulps were much less then the other male's. Hmmm...Yeah, actually, You know what a guitar is, by any chance? I met a lady, Mew, and she taught me something about an instrument called a guitar. She said that she had to build hers out of pieces, but if we could find a in tact one, then that'd be great, ya' know? the male spoke to the other. He took his bag that held his little trinkets as well as his new blades and he walked out of the store, the satchel slug over his shoulder. He looked back to Snake and then looked down the street. He was looking for a music store maybe, if the humans had music stores....

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ntable.png); background-color:#ffffff; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Daisuke did not respond, and Snake did not mind. He was still undecided about a name. He was actually growing fonder of the idea of having several, and introducing himself as such whenever he felt like it. Some days he would feel like just Snake. Perhaps another day he would be Snake Hayter. Or then again, perhaps Snake Silverburgh—this name coming from New Haven, mockingly called the “shining city”; it was actually Sigint who had first nicknamed the denizens “silverburghers”. Who said that a name should be so transfixed? Perhaps Snake’s would be a fluid identity, as shifting as his subtle thoughts and moods.

And, strangely enough, Snake knew well what a guitar was. His mother had played a different kind of string instrument, a cello—he remembered her speaking of it, weaving words into pictures and describing the music she had once made with a bow in one hand and the other finding the notes and chords on the instrument. She had been sad she couldn’t make music anymore, because she had left her cello in Esper Hollow, in Souls. That one was more orchestral than a guitar, though. His father had played a banjo, which he knew of as a smaller guitar, as well. His parents were musical people. He wasn’t. “It’s a string instrument. Usually a hollowed-out wooden body with strings stretched across it, that usually span up a stick that’s attached to it. You hold the strings in different places with one hand and pluck them with the other and it makes music.” He paused. “We could probably try to find a music store,” he mused. The chances of finding a guitar in working order were about as slight as… finding a gun in working order. Well, they seemed to be having at least half-good luck today. They might as well try.

Snake exited the store, making a mental note of its location (he’d probably come back for the rest of the booze on a later date) and taking another sip from the vodka. Without checking he started to walk down the street, looking vaguely at the windows and signs of the old stores, looking for anything that had to do with music.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... hdance.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
It’s a string instrument. Usually a hollowed-out wooden body with strings stretched across it, that usually span up a stick that’s attached to it. You hold the strings in different places with one hand and pluck them with the other and it makes music. The male explained to Daisuke, the more...dictionary way (if Daisuke knew what a dictionary was; which he didn't). In other words, he did it automatically. That's how Daisuke would describe it. The male nodded his head. We could probably try to find a music store. Ha, these humans were smart. Daisuke still wondered how they were wiped out. He did not know anything about the virus except that he was able to shift. He held no history of the virus, and he wasn't too curious because it just dawn on him that the same virus that killed the humans was the same one that brought the canids to rise above the other creatures. Treasure hunting has got to be my favorite thing to do. Besides swim! Daisuke spoke, his tail wagging gently as he smiled brightly.

The male matched his pace to his friend's, though instead of really walking, he was kind of dancing. Not really in any fashion, he was just acting weird, and moving his body excitedly. Dancing really. Daisuke matched the pace of the other male though. Snakey, you wouldn't know how to play one would you? the male asked kind of suddenly, wondering if he knew how to play better than even Mew. It was a shot in the dark really, he just figured he might know if he knew what exactly it was. Also...Can you read? he asked, cocking his head at the male before his dancing turned into walking. Daisuke had turned curious all of a sudden, wandering how much Snake knew about the humans. Daisuke only knew what Addison told him(something about a man named Jesus who took all of the humans' fur to make his beard) and it made him curious. Where he was from, Zirenta, there was no devastation, no disease. Just a whole bunch of over dramatic freakazoids really. There were no tattoos, piercings. There were no humans, no civilization. Only wolves. Only prey. Only life in the wild. This here, these lands were so much more interesting. Daisuke liked it here so much better. Zirenta never had anything cool. Everything turned dark and scary at the worst times.

Daisuke kept his eyes out for anything that was remotely feeling like it would be a music store. He couldn't read, much less spell music, so he was just going on instinct really.

------------------------

The Name's Daisuke Ghanjai/Urahazu. You are? Only a genius works in coexistence with their mind and now I dance away, singing a tune that only I can hear.

[/html]