take this to your grave
[html]Congrats on Spotlight Soul! Big Grin

http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/snake.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:130px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

Snake couldn’t say that either treasure hunting nor swimming were his favorite things to do—he barely knew how to do either. He had never really been around water, as New Haven had the remnants of a plumbing system and wells to drink from, and he had traveled with his parents mostly inland, and had never really wanted to go swimming just for fun. And treasure hunting, well. It wasn’t exactly the first thing he wanted to do when he had nothing else to occupy himself. He generally thought it a pretty wasteful pastime—what were the chances that you would actually find something?

Of course he wouldn’t tell his opinions to Daisuke, as he didn’t want to be the wolf’s buzz-kill. At the moment, the golden-furred canid was keeping pace with him, though he was moving in a way that wasn’t common when walking. Snake watched with a dull interest, though he didn’t make a deal out of it. At the question on if he could play one or not, Snake shook his head. “No. I tried to play my father’s banjo once, though. I don’t think I’m very musical.” It was weird, seeing as though both of his parents were. Sometimes things like that didn’t get passed through the genes.

As for reading, that was a different matter. His mom hadn’t known how to read until she met Laurel, who had tutored her wherever he could. Then this general teaching had trickled down to Snake. “A little bit, yeah.” He paused before continuing, “I can’t read a book or anything, but I can get the gist of signs and such. That’s how I found out that store back there—the sign said “pawn”, so I guessed it was a pawn shop and had a lot of weird stuff in it.” He looked to Daisuke, this time with interest. “I guess there wasn’t stuff like that were you’re from?” He had heard snippets about where Daisuke originated from (an island, he remembered), but he hadn’t been very intrigued until now.

Eventually, Snake got a hunch and started down another side-street. After a few more dozen yards, he saw something that might be what they were looking for. They were now in what was downtown Halifax, and a store had a sign over it that had the letters “MUS” in it. Those were the only letters he could distinguish, though—the rest of the sign was gone, from rain or otherwise. There was a treble clef next to the first letters. “Looks promising,” he said, walking to the doors of the store. They were not boarded, but he waited for Daisuke nonetheless. He thought it might be kind of rude, just barging in there without the general consent of his companion.

In the meanwhile, Snake tried to look through the front window. He couldn’t see much through the grime, but he could see a front desk, made of glass, with many strange objects in it. On the far wall he could see other things, dark shapes, but he couldn’t make them out—it just looked like a big gallimaufry.

table credit goes to sie
[/html]
[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wnwsnk.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 90px; text-align: justify;">
OOC: Thanks, It's pretty funny because I won October on one site, and then November on here xD

No. I tried to play my father’s banjo once, though. I don’t think I’m very musical. it was almost disappointing to hear that, but Daisuke found a bout of determination by this statement. It made Daisuke want to learn more about the guitar so he could one day play something beautiful for his slithering little Snake. Then one day, I will play you something beautiful. Something just for you. Okay? the male spoke, smiling almost lovingly to the male as he continued to walk alongside his friend. A little bit, yeah. I can’t read a book or anything, but I can get the gist of signs and such. That’s how I found out that store back there—the sign said “pawn”, so I guessed it was a pawn shop and had a lot of weird stuff in it. I guess there wasn’t stuff like that were you’re from? the male had spoken, and while he had spoken, Daisuke listened, and stayed silent until the male had finished and asked him about where he was from. It was true, on Zirenta, the closest thing to the humans were the ruins that was on the sister island of Ansea. And Ansea was the dangerous island to travel because of the mass amount of psycho wolves that lived on the island, as well as the mafia pack, Dehvor. No, we didn't have anything. We didn't even have Luperci. I'm the first in my family. he spoke, nodding his head lightly and looking at the male, his face was still happy, though there was a tint of something else in there, a negative feeling, but unidentifiable to the male himself. Maybe it was sorrow. Sorrow for the fact that he was a Luperci, or for the fact that so many bad memories came with the mention of Zirenta?(bad memories as far as his father and mother dying, his brother and sister running away, his other sister disappearing as well. etc) Whichever one. He wasn't so in tune with it. He still held a smile on his face though. Regardless.

His friend then turned down a street. Daisuke stopped for a second, not really understanding where he was going for a second, and then quickly deciding that he should more than likely follow his companion and turn down the road as well. It took a few long strides for him to catch up with the male again, but the boy was going slow enough, so it wasn't too big of a deal for him. He re-approached the male's side and still held that silly grin on his maw as he looked around at the stores. He looked at the signs, but could still make no sense of them, so he simply just followed his friend. The boy stopped infront of a store only a few seconds later. Oceanic blue orbs looked at the building. It did not have the board over it, so it more than likely meant that either someone had already hit the place, or that the storms got to it. Looks promising. the other boy spoke as he was walking to the doors. Daisuke followed him, smiling. Yeah. he agreed and wagged his tail gently. The boy again walked up to the doors, and to his surprise, this one was not locked like the other. He opened the one opposite of Snake, so he wouldn't hit the male in the face or anything.

He looked to Snake. It's open... he pointed out, still surprised that it was open. That definitely meant that someone was here before him and his friend. He held the door open, and allowed the other to go in first, just because he was being polite.

[/html]
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/snake.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:130px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

“Alright,” Snake agreed, though it wasn’t much of a big deal for him. Music—like virtually everything else in the world—held little importance to him. His mother had described that she felt as though she could speak better with the music of her cello than with her words; she had been very sad without it. He could never understand that, as he rarely communicated what he really thought and felt… because that was usually so little, and not worth mentioning. Music just sounded like jumbles of notes to him; he could not discern melody or meaning or extract any image from it. It just sounded like noise.

Regardless, the knowledge that the island that Daisuke coming from not having any hint of Luperci was intriguing to Snake. Everywhere he had gone had werewolves—New Haven, here, and all those that he met on the road had been lycanthropes as well. “I didn’t know places still existed, untouched by Luperci,” he commented lightly before asking, “How did you get it, then?” He knew that there were two ways: you were born with it, or you obtained it from someone else. Obviously it was the latter option, and Snake was curious as to how it had came about.

Any subtle changes to Daisuke’s expression or demeanor were lost upon Snake—such intricacies were so rarely perceived by him anyway. He could barley discern sorrow from anger in others sometimes, for emotions brewed in darkness looked the same to him. Bonhomie was easier to see, as it manifested in smiles and laughs and looseness.

He heard the creak of the door opening while he was peering in the windows, and looked over to Daisuke. “It’s open,” the golden wolf said, and Snake gave him a simple nod before slipping inside. It surely had been raided before; many of the shelves on the walls that had once held records, CDs, and instruments were empty. On the back wall, however, there were some still there. A few guitars—some electric ones that were rusted and some acoustic ones that were in better shape, though not exactly brand-new looking. “There you go, some guitars.” Snake did not bother looking around—he knew he wouldn’t find anything to his liking.

table credit goes to sie
[/html]
[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wnwsnk.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 90px; text-align: justify;">
OOC:Table by Alex (snake)

Alright the male seemed to comply with the fact that Daisuke would try to impress him with a song one day. The comply was emotionless, automatic if you will. Daisuke noticed that his compliance always did sound the same. It never sounded like he wanted to do it, but it also didn't sound like he didn't want to do it. It almost confused the male at some points in his adventures with the male. It was intriguing about the boy in a way. Or atleast Daisuke thought so. He let that smile sit on his face as he let the male speak. I didn’t know places still existed, untouched by Luperci. How did you get it, then? he asked a question that was normally not asked by others. Or atleast it was the first time he was being asked it. It didn't phase him in any way though, it was just a new question, and he liked new questions. They made life ten times more fun. Well, I kinda was attacked by three of them. Something about me on their hunting grounds or something like that. the male explained, shrugging his shoulder about the whole ordeal. The effects of the battle were amazing though. He got to be able to shift, and though it was very painful the first few times, once he had gotten used to it, it wasn't a problem to him at all.

The other male entered before him, Daisuke following close behind. The male looked around the store. It looked like it had been hit already. Almost everything was empty. Daisuke sighed lightly. He still held a small grin, but it was not as excited. The other male had been over by a wall, and Daisuke eventually walked over to him. There you go, some guitars. the male spoke. Daisuke nodded his head as he looked at each of them in detail. There were two that were smaller, light weight, wooden like Mew's had been. The others were rusted, but they were made of metal. Daisuke picked up a wooden one first and as soon as he grabbed it, the reason it was there was apparent. Rats. Daisuke looked back at Snake. These aren't any good. Rats have been eating at them, trying to burrow in the guitar for shelter. The outside looked great, but the back of it is all chewed out. the male spoke as he put the guitar back on the wall, and he went to the second wooden acoustic. He picked it up, and this one too had the same problem. Daisuke shook his head before he looked at the other metal ones. The rust had almost completely covered them. There's nothing here. We'll have to hit somewhere else. the male spoke before he started to walk back towards the door.

Something stopped him for a second though. His audit picked up a sound of scratching. The scratching was too large to be a rat, or a mouse, unless said rodent was mutated and disgustingly huge. His orbs went to the ceiling for a second. Mew now that was not a rodent. Rodents didn't mew. Daisuke looked at it curiously before he stood up on his tippy toes and opened up the ceiling (it had been one of the ones that were just slabs that could be accessed from anywhere) and he saw the most curious sight. Snake. I found a kitty. the boy pointed out as he reached into the attic and grabbed the little kitten. It was older enough for it to be on it's own, but young enough to be cute, and sweet. Daisuke smiled as he brought it down, and he showed Snake. Look, it's so cute! It's a little black and white one. I haven't seen one of this color before, have you? he asked, wondering if the male had seen a cat that had an even amount of black and white on it, rather than a majority black, or a majority white. The little kitten purred at the two boys, knowing that they would save him. Or atleast...That's what the kitten thought. Innocence in the eyes of the youth.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rsnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

For some reason, Snake was not at all surprised that it had been an accidental trespassing that had gotten Daisuke into the trouble which caused him to become one of the new werewolves. Of course, it didn’t look like he was unhappy about it—the fact that he was usually in Optime form showed that he had some kind of liking for his new powers. Snake had been born with it, as both of his parents had. He had always thought it something absolutely necessary for canids in the world, though it seemed as though there were still pockets where old wolves still roamed, ignorant of their shifting cousins.

When they had come to the back of the store, where the remaining guitars were, Daisuke took one of the acoustic ones down from the wall before disappointment became apparent on his face. Snake waited, curious, and the wolf explained the reason. Rats? He looked around, seeing several cracks and holes in the wall that could serve as conduits for the rodents. The coyote frowned, disappointed as well that Daisuke hadn’t been able to find a functioning guitar. That was the problem with finding human things that still worked around here—time destroyed all.

The store had ended up being a bust anyway, and they left soon after they realized the other acoustic was defunct as well. Or, at least, they tried to leave, but a scrabbling sound stopped Daisuke, which stopped Snake as well. At first Snake assumed it was one of the marauding mice, but the sound was far too loud for that. It seemed to be coming from above them, as did a mew. Snake had not encountered many cats in his life, but he knew from experience that they usually made such sounds. He watched, vaguely impressed, as the werewolf stood up tall and removed one of the parts of the ceiling (as a coyote and being much shorter than a wolf, Snake wouldn’t have been able to do such) and then found the source of all the sounds—a cat, as the coyote had thought.

Daisuke took the kitten by the scruff and brought it down. Listening to Daisuke gush about it, he flicked an ear and shook his head. “Nah, I haven’t seen too many domesticated cats regardless,” he responded—most of the cats he’d seen were cougars and wildcats, too feral to be tamed and too dangerous to hang around. The few domesticated cats he had seen were older, and tabbies which blended better with the forest. The cat didn’t seem too threatened by the two looming lycanthropes—no, there was bonhomie clear on its face as it looked at both of them. Snake crossed his arms, his olive eyes surveying the werewolf and the cat for a moment before he inquired, “So… what are you going to do with it?” Snake, not one to be very feely for anything, wouldn’t really want to bother keeping an animal. It would be just another mouth to feed. Daisuke would be more inclined to keep it, but hell. Daisuke had surprised him with his intentions before, so, for all Snake knew, he planned to eat it (though Snake didn’t think he’d do so!).

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace

Nah, I haven’t seen too many domesticated cats regardless, the male had spoken to the golden wolven. Daisuke sniffed it, taking in it's puny little scent before he looked back to the male. Domesticated? Daisuke spoke, him thinking that it was just a baby lynx. He knew not of dogs, cats. He knew of horses, but that was because he had been introduced to one by Heath. Blue orbs curiously looked at Snake. What does that mean? I don't understand. he spoke, his forearm supporting the kitten against his side as he pet it lightly. He was incredibly gentle with the feline, not wishing to bring harm to it. The kitten showed it's comfort by purring and snuggling close to Daisuke's chest. So… what are you going to do with it? the other male crossed his arms and asked. Daisuke took the feline by it's scruff again, and held it out to the other male.

You want it? he asked? cocking his head lightly as the kitten instinctively pulled it's body close into itself, making it seem much smaller than it was. Daisuke honestly didn't know what to do with it. He had no means of keeping it, no, only because he didn't know how to care for another that was not like himself. He knew nothing about felines except that they had teeth and claws and they were really bitchy at times. The only reason he showed gentleness was because it was so natural for him to be gentle, especially with a creature that was nothing but a youth.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ython1.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Snake was, at first, perplexed that Daisuke didn’t know what a domesticated cat was. But then he realized that he was from some island out in the middle of nowhere that didn’t have Luperci, and he felt somewhat fatuous for not realizing it sooner, before he mentioned it. “Domesticated—it means that the humans tamed them, long ago.” He gestured to the small kitten, which obviously didn’t have the feral instincts enough to scratch and hiss until the scary wolfmen left it alone. “They dulled their instincts and made them into house-pets. Good companions, but barely able to take care of themselves. I’m surprised that this one made it.” He looked at the kitten with vague contempt on his face. Snake’s thoughts towards the humans were very varied. He admired their ability to make the most amazing weapons of death (the idea of the gun was fascinating), but the thought of tearing creatures from their animalistic ways was an affront to him.

At the coyote’s question, Daisuke first responded by holding the creature towards him, dangling from the scruff of the back of its neck. Not caring for its safety in the least, Snake merely shook his head. “No,” he said, not wanting to eat it or to feed it and keep it around. He paused before tilting his head slightly (a habit that he was unwittingly picking up from Daisuke himself) and asking, “What, do you want it?” He still didn’t know how Daisuke lived, without a wolf pack, and he wasn’t sure if keeping a pet would be well-fitted to that kind of lifestyle. But hell, it may work better than keeping the cat with him in his car-den.

Snake’s olive eyes darted towards the door, and he noticed that the sunlight was fading. The winter days were growing shorter and shorter, it seemed. “Shit,” he cursed. “I need to start heading home.”

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace

Domesticated—it means that the humans tamed them, long ago. They dulled their instincts and made them into house-pets. Good companions, but barely able to take care of themselves. I’m surprised that this one made it. the kitten let out a small mew, as if he knew they were talking about him. Daisuke nodded his head lightly, understanding what he meant, but this was still the first time he had dealt with such a problem.Oh. That makes sense.. he simply spoke about the whole ordeal. No, What do you want it? the male spoke. Daisuke didn't know what to do with it. He looked back down at it, with it's mismatched green and pink eyes. It was rather cute looking. Daisuke gave a small smile before a giggle escaped his maw. I guess I'll keep him. I'll call him "Schwarz" the male spoke, smiling softly and looking at Snake.

Shit, I need to start heading home. Daisuke head turned to the setting sun. He sighed lightly. He didn't want his friend to leave him for the night. His oceanic orbs fell to the male's feet. Adventures seem to always go so fast. Your home calls your name then. the male spoke yo the male before he looked back up to Snake. Call me again when you want me.. he spoke, nodding his head as he put his kitten on his shoulder where is sat there, licking the side of Daisuke's face. Until the next time I see you, my dear slithering Snake, I bid you farewell. he did not even ask if he was allowed to escort the male, because he already knew the answer. All he could do was hope that his friend made it home all right (though he was sure Snake was strong enough to deal with himself, or call if he needed help).

[/html]