Rediscoveries on the Peninsula
In breif: Revian returns to where he landed to see if he can get back to his homeland, but instead finds the resolve to stay in Canada.
I’m posting this now so I can use the Osprey in a post that is set directly after this .
Word count: 997*

Revian left from the village under the dead of night, having said goodbye to Hanna, and anyone else who needed to know he was leaving. He took nothing at all with him, not even his coat. He ambled off in a general north-west direction, avoiding walking directly through the browning fields of crops that had yet to be harvested. He drooped his tail a little, and heard a clink against the packed soil. He turned around to find nothing but the moonlight making his fur appear to glow. He swished his tail and heard another clink. He turned around again, only to find the same thing. He sighed and looked up at the moon, refraining a howl. He looked down at his tail and giggled grudgingly; his tail-ring was the clink he was hearing. He sat for a moment and removed it to put it on his wrist, lest he forget it again.

He continued on, as the moon rose steadily and lit his path for him, although he was having some trouble seeing past the glare of the moon across his fur. The wind shifted rapidly and Revian was pelted with needles and leaves. He stood there a moment and looked down at himself, giggling at the thought of the sight he must look, something like a glowing abomination of leaves. He shook himself off and continued on towards the Beast’s grin peninsula. He found it odd that there were no birds or bats fluttering around in the darkened forest, nor any owls making their haunting reverberation across the acres of trees.

He stopped before the dawn of the night he left to rest. He awoke to find the moon smiling down upon him from the eastern sky. He whispered a little hymn to it as he shook himself off and started off towards it.
After the moon had rose to the ‘High noon’ position, he began to see the sea glimmer before him. And after the moon had reached ‘five o’clock’ , he found what her was looking for. The remnants of the Dinghy he came to this new land in. He strode the beach up and down for several hours, watching the tide come in. He sat in front of the little boat and heard a clink. He looked at his wrist, which hadn’t yet touched the ground. He slouched and watched the sea ripple under the moon’s radiant grin.He blinked slowly, smiling back, then yawned. "Goodnight, Luna...". He slept peacefully for a few hours, nothing crossing the inky blackness of one’s mind in deep sleep.

He shivered and awoke to find himself covered in a layer of frost. He made a move to get up,, but his head felt heavy and he heard a sharp screech. He himself let out a yelp, and tired to jump up, but instead felt a weight fall from his head as he struggled to get up. He looked down and the brownish lump looked back with sharp yellow eyes “It’s about time, man. I’ve been here since…. he yawned…. Oh, Right. Anyway, I came a looong way to find you, my brother.” The lump got to it’s feet, and preened itself a little. Revian sat back down on the rocky shore and looked at it a little more closely: it appeared to be an Osprey, and a large one at that. He (judging by the bird’s voice) appeared to be brown, speckled with tan spots along his wing. The thing that stuck out the most was a grey patch on his proud chest. Revian shook his head, trying to wake up, but the Osprey looked up at him and cocked head to one side “What are you doing, man? Got an itch on your nose that you don’t wanna scratch?” Revian stopped and looked at the Bird “No… I just would like to know why there was a fish-eagle on my head this morning” The bird-of-prey glared for a moment, then looked away chuckling “Oh… right. Sorry brother, Let me introduce myself. I am Delreth, and I’ve been looking for you since you left” Revian tilted his head now “Left? Left where?”
“The homeland, brother”
“You can’t mean….”
“And why is that, Reeve? It’s a free coun-”
“What did you call me?”
“Reeve, man. Short for Revia-“
“Wha? How do you know my-“
“Because I was there. I know how you got here.”
Revian simply shook his head and murmured “ This is unreal”
“How so man? The system got you down?”
“Wha?”
“Oh right… never mind. That was my time. Anyway, time to go, brah“
Revian stood “Go? Go where?”
”Home.”
“ I… We can’t”
“Said who, man? The village isn’t that far off…”
“The village?... You don’t mean….”
“Yep.”
Revian fell back into the boat and sighed. “What are you doing, man? We gots’ta go”
”Why?”
“Because man, you aren’t doing anyone any justice out here on the beach, man”
“What are you-?”
“Hanna, brother. She needs y-“
“For what?”
“ Her pup needs a father. You have to be there “
“Why must it be me?”
“It’s not just you, man. It’s me”
“You? What do you have to do with any of this?”
“ I left my family….. to … die. I flew away like a coward, and look what happened to me.” Delreth held up his wings. They appeared to be normal, but they a strange pallor over took them from the tip, reaching his body. He let out a piercing cry, and his body lit with a blue flame, showing his bones. Revian was blown into the water by this release of pure energy. The Osprey let out another cry, and the seashore returned to its placid state. Revian swam slowly back to shore and shook himself off, and around heavy pants “Ok.. I get it. Do not go back to the motherland…. Dispite-“
“Don’t go there, please”
“Alright, alright”
Delreth chirruped happily and hopped onto Revian’s shoulder “Now that we understand each other, let’s be off, huh? Hanna is much closer than you know.”Bu… oh never mind.” Revian started, figuring he will never understand this odd bird.
And thus, Revian and Delreth were birds of the same feather, bound by duty to the ones they loved.
* Just an estimate, based on how many HTML markings I had to use.