the sleepless nights are still undone
[html]
    The dream had changed.
    Gabriel’s amber-gold eyes opened, pupils first dilating then shrinking as they adjusted to the light. He was no longer in his den—he was no longer in the world of which he was accustomed. The scent of sand and iron had been replaced y the empty, subtle scent of fog. Rainwater. Mist. Without a sound the coy-wolf rose to his feet, lithe and as graceful as a great hunting cat. His feet moved slowly, paws splayed wide; it was his goal not to grasp the earth, but to leave no sound. In the twilight haze, Gabriel was nearly silent. His predator’s eyes remained wide, focused, as trained as a falcon waiting for movement.
    He sensed, and felt rather then saw the boy. Gabriel’s body tensed, as if electricity had sprung up from the ground and through his bones. All along the length of his spine black-tipped hair rose, standing on end. A part of Gabriel understood that whoever this figure was, he stood between the coy-wolf and escape. Without a sound, Gabriel’s lips pulled back, revealing off-white fangs. There was no room for mercy in his world. There was only the instinct that told him what he had to do.
    Without further thought, Gabriel’s hind legs pushed him forward, rushing at the stranger who was not as unfamiliar as he had originally thought. He would throw him down and tear his throat out if that was what it took.

table by alli

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... bleive.png); background-color:#ffffff; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Assuming they are in lupus

Now where the hell was he? A dream? His nerves had been automatically sparked, his body flowing with a rage, a will to fight. To fight who was the question. Large audits turned towards the shadows, there was something there. He knew it. He felt it. Then he heard the sound of paws hitting the ground. Suddenly the male's world was not so black any more. In fact, it seemed that the entire field had changed right before him, and what was once darkness was now grass, and a sky that was painted with looming clouds. Rain pattered onto the coat of the male, and the sky even growled at the two. It was a large field, much like his home of Inferni had in the main part of the lands.

A form that was unfortunately about two times bigger than himself had proceeded to let itself be known. The male bared his fangs himself, and his own ridge stood up on end. He guessed he had to fight, which to him was not a problem at all. Tail raised over his back before he let his own body launch towards the other male. Fangs were ready to snap into any piece of flesh he could grab.

------

Sometimes I don't know why I try Because it's easier to die than to get by, than to get by And you and me, we can be buddies, we can be bloody

[/html]
[html]
Yup, Gabriel's always lupus unless I specify otherwise. There's a slight amount of powerplay here, but it seemed appropriate given the size/weight difference.
    The fog flew away, as if a great wind had opened a hole in the sky. Then, and only then, did he see the boy. Black and tan; inexperienced. Gabriel felt water on his face but it was meaningless. All that mattered in this world was blood. Before him came the challenger, but his will to battle was a speck of light that faltered against Gabriel’s own. God was on his side. That was ultimately the reason he would rise victorious.
    There was no hesitation, and no move to slow. All four legs hit the earth and sent the full bulk of the Aquila into his subordinate. Though his opponent had rushed to meet him, they were unequally matched. The near two-hundred pound coy-wolf slammed his right shoulder into the chest of his opponent, allowing him to grab the thick fur that protected his neck—Gabriel jerked his head back and felt those teeth pull out the thick undercoat, but nothing more.
    Still, he made no sound. Gabriel’s ears pinned low against his head, and viper-like, his teeth shot towards the soft and unprotected underbelly. He knew better then to go for the throat. While this happened, his hind legs held their ground, and his forelegs clawed wildly. Drawing blood was his goal. As soon as the boy made a fatal mistake, Gabriel would seize it.

table by alli

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... bleive.png); background-color:#ffffff; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: <3

It all had happened extremely quick, the male had been pummeled into with almost two hundred pounds of pressure, as opposed to his fifty pounds. The male's fangs raked against the male's chest, the other male seeming to want the male get a good taste, though he tasted no blood, only fur. He let out a frustrated growl before his audits fell flat against his head. The male infront of him had launched to his belly, but Cotl moved slightly faster than the other, and ducked his body out of the way. This other male however did get him with his claws, straight across his face. With this strike, blood had run on his face, and a growl again emerged from his lips. He jumped back a few paces. Cotl held a defensive position. Ready to dodge out of the way again, in case the male pushed on.

His bi-colored orbs were on the male's face. This was the only point he would be able to hopefully take down the male. If he could blind the other hybrid, then he could have a chance at this battle, but already, he could tell that any other method would fail, and end up with him disemboweled and on the floor. His body did not remain stationary for very long. In fact, the male had launched himself once again, his fangs bared, and this time, aiming straight for the face of the male.

------

Sometimes I don't know why I try Because it's easier to die than to get by, than to get by And you and me, we can be buddies, we can be bloody

[/html]
[html]
Gabriel takes the blow to the face, and grabs Cotl's neck (I left this open as to if he got the throat itself or not). I don't know how long this should last, so if you want, Cotl might be able to free himself (by ripping his head back) even though it would do severe damage, then get another blow in on Gabriel's body. :]
    First blood fell to Gabriel, but the victory would not be determined by one move. He knew this and did not pursue when the boy scrambled to safety. Instead, the large coy-wolf’s body readied itself for an attack, long legs stiffening as they found a hold. And he waited. All the years of experience and training fell into his stance, and his eyes never once left his opponent. That was when the boy rushed him, mouth agape, and Gabriel ready his body because he had seen the move before—from his own mother no less.
    The burly coy-wolf threw his weight low, and waited only momentarily before he moved to meet the boy. Gabriel calculated every moment coldly, and allowed a sacrifice for the sake of survival. Though the boy missed his eye (just barely) he connected with his cheek, scraping off skin and drawing his own blood to the surface. Without missing a beat, Gabriel’s wolf-teeth sank around the coyote’s neck, clamping down like a bear-trap. His eyes were safe, but his face bled furiously, and he knew these last few minutes would be the most dangerous. Without releasing his grip, the Aquila began to shake his head, intent on ripping the boys head clean off if he had to.

table by alli

[/html]
[html]
OOC: I'm going to have him retreat, so he could atleast live <3

The male had gotten the other's face, but just like that, the other had launched back up and grabbed the boy by his neck. Cotl had one of two choices at the moment. One was let the other crush his trachea, and him die, or two, rip back his head and have a chance at living with just a very fucked up neck. Though, either way, there still was a chance for death for him. He had chose door number two, and he sacrificed his neck for dignity. His claws had dug into the male's own neck to brace himself before he forcefully threw his head back. This ripped off plenty of skin to leave him bleeding and to leave a huge scar on his neck if he was to survive. Once he was loose from the male's grip, his teeth aimlessly flew in the air around the male, Cotl taking as many bites at the male's face as he could. There was hardly a chance for Cotl to take down the larger being. He was just too small.

He realized this, and he bounced back several steps. His head was head low to the ground, his neck badly bleeding, pouring the crimson liquid on the floor. I give...... You win the male spoke, his throat and voice were strained, as if the other male had messed up his vocal chords. He then turned tail and headed back into the shadows. Battered and suffering from a wound that probably would never heal. No matter what he'd probably die...
*exit Cotl*

------

[/html]
[html]
    He felt claws press against his throat, but under his winter fur his throat was protected. Amber eyes narrowed, jaw tightening, but Gabriel was unprepared for what happened next. His opponent ripped his own head off—no, back—and took his throat with him. Fur and skin still hung in the coy-wolf’s mouth, and a flurry of teeth came for his face. Several surface-deep wounds appeared on his cheeks, one raking over his muzzle, following the old scar it bore there.
    Then the boy was gone. Gabriel spat his flesh to the dirt and watched the peculiar fellow submit, then flee. The trail he left behind was wide, winding, and instinct commanded the Aquila now more then ever. With a low, vicious growl, he began after it. This did not last long—the fields of Inferni washed away, taking with them the scent of the ocean and smoke (why did it always smell like smoke?) and left the bleeding coy-wolf alone in the fog of a world he did not recognize.
    Instinctively, though, Gabriel realize this was not over—he could feel it in his bones, and in his blood.

table by alli

[/html]