thread title missing
[html]

indent Melisande felt a little disheartened. Not just 'today', per-se. Nothing had happened today to make her mood so faint. It was a general feeling, which had been building up lately, eating at her. She wanted so badly to help everyone, to fix everyone. She was young, and did not know it. Melisande Sadira had yet to learn that she couldn't fix anyone, that it was an issue for themselves to handle. That it was a choice, mostly, to be onesself. Something in her already knew this, but she was learning this sad truth slowly, painfully. She loved Laruku, and wanted to help him. She wanted to bring Iskata back, to have her safe, not only for herself but also for her whole family. She wanted her family to be here, sane, sweet. She wanted things to be as she remembered when she was just a pup.

indent She strode out onto the ice, without fear of it breaking. It had been cold enough lately that there were no worries on that front. Besides, there was more ice all around than there was snow, so she could easily see if there was a thin spot somewhere. She looked down, amazed to see a frozen fish a few feet away. She sort of smiled, thinking that she wished he was a bit closer to the surface, so she might put him on a stick and call him a fishsickle. She strode on, looking straight down, at the reflection of the moonlight and the other things trapped in the ice.

[/html]
The female hadn't see the white step child in some time now, she had been meaning to see her more. She was family, and she wanted what family that was left in the lands to stay close, she didn't want any more family to leave the lands, she had already lost two of the kids, the female had been laid into her den, with the depression of the lost of the children, granted there was a chance that they still alive, so there could be a chance that they would come back to the lands, and they could grow up and have children here.

This being her first time out of the den in a while she was quick to find her step daughter, just to see how she had been handling this weather, it was winter, food was hard to get, water tend to be frozen, so it was hard to get, also. She had been making very sure to stay away from the river, she didn't fear it nearly as bad as she had when she came to the lands, but there was still fear. She wasn't quick to find the white lady, but her sent wasn't hard to pick up, after knowing that one sent, and had become numb to the sent of the lands, she was easy.

"Melisande? Sweety?" Her paws took her near the river with fear, her legs shook the closer she came to the water, her body knew of the coldness that was at the bottom of it. These water where like a grave to her, she seen it, as her heart quickly hit the bottom of her chest, her voice squeaked as she screamed out to the youth"GET OFF!!!" She didn't mean to yell at child, but her fear quickly pushed the ugliness out of her, screaming, shaking and feared for the youth's life. "Now!"
[html]

indent Melisande's first reaction was to freeze. She looked around to see who had yelled, and saw a panicked-looking Konane near the shore. Melisande looked around at the water. Perhaps it was breaking, and the other femme had seen it before her. But no, upon further inspection, the lake was just as cold and dense as it had been all morning. Nonetheless, the tone her new sort of mother-figure had given her was not one that needed questioning, so she trotted delicately off of the ice, and onto the shore.

indent "Its really quite frozen." Melisande said, wondering if perhaps Ko had experienced some sort of trauma involving frozen water. "You can even see the little blue spots where the ice isn't so thick." She shrugged, trying to comfort the startled female.

[/html]
Only one soul that lived in these lands knew of her fears, the one fear that controlled her life to this day, it was odd how quickly she was to lose her calmness about her. She saw the child on the water and lost it, though she was now glad to have her back on the land, where she knew that it wouldn't fall out from under her. She knew that what looked like frozen water could be just some ice on top of water, after all, not every thing looks like what they are. She shook as flash backs flickered into and her head, it was hard to hear her step-daughter playing it all ever so cool. She stood up sniffing the air around her, and then she ruffed though Melisande coat making sure that her skin was dry. Illness would set in with in no time, if her skin and under coat was wet, she thanked god that it was still dry and warm.

"I don't care if the ice is three feet thick, I never want to see you out there again. It's not safe! Never go back out on the ice, never ever. It's not okay, bad choice!" She was hysterical in fear, fear and worry. She was known to go over board on the topic, in fact it has taken her mate to carry her over the waters each time to get her in and out of the lands. The silver mother wasn't sure at this point if it was a worry worth having. She looked at the female, in her eyes she seen the little white pup that she would help take care of because "Daddy and her where friends" even if it was a bit of a lie. "Promise...never again! You need to make a better choice!"
Melisande could hear the words. You need to make a better choice! It was a command, a stern command. Melisande didn't agree totally. She was not a child, and had grown up walking on and playing in the lake. Still, she could see that Konane was just looking after her, and obviously had some fears of her own. What would she miss, not walking on ice unless she really had to? She decided that it probably wouldn't be much. "Yes, ma'am. I don't suppose I need to anyways."

She stood still as the female searched her over. It would have been obvious if she was wet, she would think, but she was being looked after anyways. When she was done, Melisande cocked her head a little. "Did you fall through the ice before?" That would certainly be enough to make you afraid of it for life, as cold water was a more deadly enemy than anything else in these woods.
She was glad that the female understood some what why she had barked the orders at her, it was a mother thing something that happened to every female once she pushed out a pup or two of her own. The silver lady was glad to find her skin warm and dry, not an inch of her skin was chilled to the touch nor wet, but she still worried about the child, she was going to have to take her back to the den wrap her in some nice furs, and make her a tea out of tree bark. She wanted to make sure that if there was a chance that she missed some of her skin that she would stay warm.

She pushed away from the question not giving her a flat out yes or no, more of a story, more of a lesson that she learned at a very early age."I went out one night to come down here to see my father, thought the ice looked fun, walked out fell though, I couldn't get back up, Sionadate must have saw me, because next thing I know I'm in her den, and I never left Clouded Tears to go live with my mother. It was said that I was dead when she found me in the water. Melisande, I love you like I do my own children, I don't want you to get hurt. Please don't get upset with me, I can't help it."

The silver lady nuzzled her, she was still that little child that she use to look after when she was trying to get Lisichka, to think of her as more then some one's child, and more like some one he could love.