someone has to pay
[html]
ooc: ALL WELCOME!! Just a heads up, this will be the thread in which he finds his mare, Lovett. I'll have her popping in probably after the third round ^.~

And there it was. Quick to find, located not that far from the Village. A cozy cottage. Not a really big thing, just a big enough square of wooden walls. The ground was still earthy and soft, though the snow had already melted away. There was very little furniture. A bed on one corner, made out of a pile of hay covered in deer pelt and some warm pieces of clothes. On the other corner, a few shelves made with some woden boards. They now held most of the male's belongings. On the other corner, a low table, a flat stone where the male decided to work with the food. Above, a few more shelves he had fixed himself, with all his ingredients and a recipies book. In the center, he had dug out a round shallow pool, though not to be filled with water. There would be the place where the fire would reside, close enough to the working table.

It already felt home, with so little changes made by the Luperci. Still, he had decided. Walking outside for the chilling afternoon, he wished for a chair to sit and watch the landscape. No real image, just the forest covered in snow. Even so, it was comforting, still just as welcoming as when he walke into those lands, following the black female.

Sitting on the ground, his back supported by the wooden walls of the cottage, the crossbow lying over his shoulder, the tip holding the poisonous arrow point. Just for safety, just in case, but not that he actually doubted of how welcoming the neighbour packmates would be. Just the neighbour part, for it wasn't just for wolves. A bear or a cougar could pop out of the forest with zero warning, he knew that pretty well. How many nights he had spent awaken with the insomnia and with the threat of a creture like these simply jump at his throath? Too many to bare.

Those years of freedom and solitude had made him so wary, and that's all that he regretted of that life. Not being able to welcome another wolf instead of with the crossbow aimming the other's forehad. How shameful...

Yet, there he sat, the thrill of the unkown sending sparks of insanity to his mind. Amazing how he had stayed sane for that long... Deep thoughts crawled into his mind, and he soon forgot himself in them. All the wariness vanished, and the reddish male preffered like that.

[/html]
[html]
I told myself that I wasn't allowed any more Hemming threads, but I can't resist! Louis cooks? Hemming would make him a chair in exchange for a cooking lesson! Tongue Also, my 300th post and my first post of 2010! Happy new year! Smile

Today, Hemming was by no means alone. As she usually did, his spirit guide was sitting upon the crown of his head. He had another friend, too, a young black horse that bucked his way through the snow with little effort. The AniWayan had met him over the summer and had called him Obi, a name that sounded familiar but seemed to lack any connection to anything Hemming knew. Anyway, it suited him, with a shiny ebony coat and a rambunctious heart.

Hemming giggled as he ran through the snow, the horse following in giddy pursuit. The beast seemed rather unruly so far, but the Gatlvska had managed to put him in his place, and if he ever needed help with him he knew he could go to Ember. Her experience in training horses was infinitely more than his own.

They were getting closer to the village, and Hemming was lamenting that Obi would have to home for a while. There was a distraction, though, and Hemming noticed it as soon as he turned around a tree. There was a wolf he had never seen before sitting against the wall of one of the huts. In his usual style, Hemming moved closer to him, walking now, and waved an arm as he got closer. "Hi there!" he called. Obi walked tentatively behind him - despite his boisterous nature, he was a little shy as well.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Hahahaha XD I always went through such things with Catherine. Also, sorry for busting our plot T.T And yes, Louis is a chef, to say so ^^ He sure could use a chair to work, and he'd sure love to teach Hemming to cook. Happy New Year for you too!

The sound of a cheerful voice calling out a greeting startled the half asleep male, his pearly blue eyes wide open as he aimed the crossbow at the newcomer. As soon as Louis realised the other one was a friendly company, and not a wild animal ready to rip him in pieces, he relaxed with a sigh. Suddenly, he realised he was near the edge of paranoia. How stupid of him...

"Jeez, mate, I'm so sorry for that.. I guess I've been alone for too long. Hi, I'm Louis. Sorry again... He said, extremely embarassed of his behaviour. He stood up, elaving the wooden weapon hang on his back, the sharp point safely directed to the ground.

Yet, the sight of the grayish male's companion called for the wanderer's attention. A horse. Yes, he had already rode those magnificent creatures while he lived with the wandering gypsies, when he was younger. His soft blue eyes were warm at the shy equine, but he didn't go to it. Why, it wasn't his, but how he longed to pet the horse. "Why, mate, where did you get such a beautiful horse?" he asked, hoping not to be too bold. Well, it was a male-to-male conversation, and most of the males the reddish Luperci had met were rubbish and rude like dry grass. It was not really the need to show much of politeness, but there was the minimun to show with a comrad Luperci.

[/html]
[html]
Hehehe. Big Grin No worries! And that would be awesome!
474 words

The sudden raising of the crossbow startled Hemming, and his eyes grew wider and he hopped, toes coming high out of the snow, to the side. If the other actually meant him harm, this tactic would have been next to useless; his involuntary movement would have been easily tracked by the bow. A few thoughts rushed through the male's head: Spy! Murderer! Aaaah! It was extremely fortunate that it was simply a reflex on the other's part, otherwise he would have been shot through with an arrow by now. Perhaps he should work with Ember on some defensive moves, instead of sticking with his frightened dancing.

Once the other had lowered his bow, Hemming's heart was still racing from the shock of it all, but in his mind it seemed enormously humorous and he laughed, perhaps even giggled, as the other apologised. "Ah, don't worry about it! Good to get the ol' heart beating once and a while." He giggled some more, feeling foolish and friendly at the same time. "I'm Hemming." He let out an exaggerated, rather comical sigh of relief, and then smiled at the stranger again. Obi, who appeared to think that Hemming's little bolt of movement was hilarious, had followed him a short distance before stopping as he did, and was now staring with mischevious black eyes. Dagrun scoffed from the top of Hemming's head, ruffling her feathers in annoyance.

Hemming had only just met Obi a month or so ago, adding himself to the group of AniWayans that possessed horses. He had spent a lot of time without one, and was finally starting to feel that he was comfortable enough around them and skilled enough to train one. With some guidance, the little black stallion would become a fine beast. Of course, he was growing up in a pocket of good influence; if Obi had a quarter of the obedience and intelligence of Bella, and a quarter of the reliability of Bayard, Hemming would be quite pleased with him. It was Hemming that had to put in the work, though, and he couldn't just assume that Obi would grow up to be wonderful. Dawali and Ember were fine trainers with a lot of experience and patience, and Hemming could only hope he could come close to their ability.

He smiled at the other's question and replied, "There is quite a large horse population here in AniWaya... One of the mares gave birth to this little guy last summer and I've taken a liking to him." A grinned crossed his maw as he turned back to look at Obi some more. He certainly was a fine horse, with a sleek coat and a strong stance. Hemming would do his best with him.

[/html]