Hells Bells...
[html]

<style="color:#804000">((This will be a 500+ word count post if I can do it! Watch meh!))

It was not even morning when the blackened femme decided to head down to the rivers edge for a cool drink. Even though it was winter she was still dehydrated. This cold would take it out of you if you were not careful. The metabolism had to work harder and faster to keep the body warm which meant more food and water to take down. It didn't bother Angel much except for the fact there were a great amount of pack members here that required the same. Angel remembered when she was last living out in the desert when she was a young pup. Or at least two years of age before she came here.

Her life was the same as everyone else. You are born, you live, and then you die. Plain and simple. Everyone breathed the same air, they ate for the same reasons and they lived life for all different ones. Everyone dies starting at birth. It is just as different increasingly rapid rates. Angel was no different. She was born in the middle of a desert where famine was always common. It was so extreme that measures had to be taken that if not followed would be punished with exile to starvation outside of the pack. Only four hunters, the best ones of the pack and the most trustworthy, would be chosen to hunt for the pack and would bring a sustainable amount. When brought back and it was time for feeding the order went like this; pups, nursing mothers, elders, females, then males. The Alpha secretly before the meal would always take his turn first to eat as well as the hunters away from the rest of the group to keep from temptations. Fights always broke out however. When they did or when some one would steal food out of turn, they would be banished from the pack and be exiled to starvation. It was a hard lesson for all of them but her pack lived like this for six years. Two of them Angel lived in. There was also an opposing pack that would always war with them over the control for food. They controlled the water oasis. Whenever the pack would need water, Angels pack would trade food for it and vice versa. Sometimes others of either pack would invade and take more water than given out and alliances would be hindered but both knew they could not survive without each other. For some reason both packs did not merge which was odd for everyone to understand. Each time the offer would come up, it would be turned down by the alpha. It was always disappointing. It was because of this many of the members died or left the pack to find some other place to go. Many who left would not make it.

It would be on the next morning that Angel would leave on her own to find food and water. Those that worried for her did not look for her fearing her to be dead and so she was forgotten. Angel kept to the knowledge her mother taught her; stay in the shade, travel in the moon. And she did that for a many of what felt like to be weeks but only had been days. As she passed through into the shade the heat would get hotter and without water she knew she would not survive. So upon going to cacti and such she would try and drink the water from there. Occasionally she would see holes in the cacti and wondered what could have been causing it. She eventually became so dehydrated that she passed out in the middle of the sunlight at midday where the heat was the hottest. It was then that she met a rogue luperci living in a rocky cavern. This male was seductively attractive to the point of being intoxicating. When Angel woke up it was in the middle of the night. A large bowl filled with clear water sat before her and she gulped it down not caring she got some on herself. It was then the male decided to show himself in the dark. He had long shoulder length hair and his fur color was black, as well as his hair on his neck and head, and his eyes were a bright yellow. He had scars all over him with one large one being over his left eye and three on the right side of his muzzle. He sat in the dark as he remained in his full optime form. He had a stick in the corner of his mouth as he watched Angel. Angel being unsure of what to do automatically snarled and went into her halfling form. The male only laughed. "Well, is that how your pack treats its heroes these days? How sad." the male tsked at Angel and began to circle her. Angel remained silent as she watched him carefully. "I thank you for saving me but it was not needed. I could care for myself." Angel spoke back which caused the male to laugh. "You think you could care for yourself when you are unconscious with buzzards flying over your head? They were waiting for your heart to stop beating before they would be on you like flies to horse shit."[/b] Angel remained quiet to this as she had nothing to say.

"Well can I get your name at least since you are my hero?" Angel asked with a perk of her brow. The male remained quiet for a moment as if contemplating whether or not to tell her his name, but then decided to. "Sven." the male soon turned and went down the tunnels of the cavern. "You may stay or you may go. I do not care either way." Angel blinked a few times as he began to leave. "Wait! You must know where the oasis is don't you? I need to get back to my pack! They live across the oasis!" Angel followed behind him as she desired for an answer. "Pfeh. You mean the pack that controls the water? I am never going back to that place. I don't care if you even get lost. You are not my responsibility." Sven stopped to look at her to show he would not help. "Obviously you cared when you saved me from the dehydration and the vultures. Farewell Sven. And by the way... I am Angelique, or Angel for short." And with that Angel turned and went out of the den. When she was gone, Sven let out a heavy sigh. In reality he did not wish of her to leave. Since he had left the water pack he had temporarily joined her pack and watched her from a distance. He was actually one of the ones that had been exiled because he let another talk him into stealing food. No matter. It was at that time Sven decided to let it go.

"Okay Angel, get a hold of yourself. If you know which way is west then you should be able to find the oasis. My pack was facing west towards the oasis so it should not be that hard since the sun and moon sets in the west." Upon looking to the sky the moon was in the middle of the sky. Angel cursed the moon under her breath and knew she would have to wait until morning. Or at least travel to figure out where the moon was setting. Even then, she would not know what direction until then. Angel cursed again and then decided it would be best to sleep. The next morning Angel woke to see the sun rising behind her and knew what direction to head to. Upon walking through the shifting and hot sands Angel crossed dunes and tried her best to keep on track but she sensed some one following her. Three wolves as a matter of fact, very malnourished and desperate looking soon surrounded her and all three were drooling at the mouth. "Skarl! Skarl! I want first bite!" shouted the cinnamon colored one known as Gyspy. "No way! You had first bite last time! It is my turn!" Tsume shouted next who was silver in color. "Would you both shut up? I am sorry about my friends. It seems the desert heat has gotten to them. You wouldn't happen to have any water would you?" the white one, named Skarl, asked. Angel felt in her gut that she should not trust these males, but still shook her head showing she had none. "Oh that is alright then. We will just head to the oasis then. We heard of a pack leaving the place to the open and moving off. Might I ask for your name? I am Skarl as you know." Skarl bowed trying to win her trust. "Angel. And you said you know where the oasis is? My pack is across from that! If you will take me there, I can provide you with enough food to feed you for a lifetime!" Angel spoke knowing this would not be fully true but even she didn't know the full truth of these three. Skarl, Tsume and Gyspy had all been near victims of cannabalism and had gone that way themselves. Any passing wolves they saw they hunted and killed for their food. Angel would be their next target. "Is that so? That would be so wonderful. And your name is your best description. You are an Angel." Skarl smiled but before he could lead her Sven was next to arrive and separated the three of them. "Do not trust these fellows! They are here to kill you if they can! They eat our kind to survive!" Sven spoke as he never took his sights off of Skarl.[/b]

"You! I thought Martin got rid of you a long time ago when he exiled you from that pack! Well, I guess I will have to finish that off myself!" And with that Skarl leaped forward and hit Svens shoulder who ran into Angel causing her to jump back a foot. Then the other two smelling Svens blood jumped in as well. One wolf Sven could fight off, but three was a mouthful. Snarls, fangs and blood all were easily visible and could be heard louder than the wind was blowing. Soon enough Skarl jumped off seeing his belly was ripped open due to Svens claws and the other two held him down on his back with his next exposed. "Now you will be mine!" Skarl asked but before he could do anything to bite on his neck Angel soon rammed into him knocking the wind out and pinned him to the sands with her fangs above his neck. "This man is mine. You want him? Too bad. Call your soldiers off before I make them feed on you." With that she clacked her teeth together a few times inches from his neck and he remained laying there knowing he was defeated. Soon enough he gave a nod and the other two left Svens side. Once she knew that they were far enough away she swiped at his neck leaving a bloody mark and jumped back with her hackles raised in her optime form. "You have not seen the last of us, you and your man whore." And with that Skarl ran off. A few months later Angel found out that he had died due to his two companions being too hungry to follow his lead anymore. Angel remained with Sven several months and even a year and a half. Her pack had been forgotten. She knew that her family would be safe there, but it was not a pack for her to be in. It was around that time too that Sven had fallen for her. "Please, don't go. We could start our own pack in this desert." Sven spoke softly. This was his home and he was in love with it, but he loved it more than Angel she knew. "I must leave. This is no place for me. It is too harsh and it does not welcome the inexperienced. I wish to explore and head to a cooler climate where I know I will be more welcome." with that Angel left a kiss on his cheek and moved off. Later on she found that Sven had died of starvation and his wounds becoming infected. Seems he had not followed the directions of her medicine tactics she knew of. No matter. She did not mourn for long. She moved on and soon found herself in this new land called Phoenix Valley.

And here Angel was now sitting outside the rivers edge playing her flute of a tune her Sven had taught her only those two years ago. It was he that taught her how to carve the flutes and about the plants. She remained with her toes in the surface of the water. It was cold but it felt good to her. Soon taking them out, she watched as the clouds continued to roll overhead threatening of snow and rain to come down upon her.

((Dang! Longer than I expected! Expect close to 2k words!))

[/html]