i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
[html]

Yey! <3 SSWM - 486

Brooklyn had to wonder just how long she had avoided seeing her mother. She vividly remembered the outrage she had felt, the anger, the fear of losing more and more of her family. She had grown up with two mothers and a father never spoken of. They had broken up, staying together for a while to protect them and finally moving apart. Haven had left with the knowledge that their father was a rapist, that he himself looked almost identical to the man who had harmed their mother so. It was a miracle they'd survived at all, that they had come into the world without lingering scars. Yet she couldn't quite forgive Salem for leaving with Conri, as if to say that forgiveness was what he deserved. Haven had left, too, to a different pack. She missed her brother dearly, for he had been the pinnacle which kept the siblings together. At first, she recalled bitterly, she had argued with Mati nearly daily, their verbal spats a renewal of childhood play fighting. Now, though, after Naniko and the drugs, she and her sister had become closer than ever. She no longer thought of Mati as stupid and oafish. Her strength had earned her the rank of Nanny to all pups of the pack. Brooklyn was proud of her.

Phoenix Valley did not lie too far from Crimson Dreams. In her two-legged form, she could cover it quickly, so the nimble white girl left her mansion and steadily made her way to her mother's new home. She didn't know how she felt about Ehno being her step-father now. Part of her didn't want him in the pack any more, for he had betrayed them all. But she felt warmth towards him and an innocent sort of love, based on fond memories of her childhood days and the fact that he had never once been mean to her. Soon, she would have to speak to him and let him know that in her eyes, he was as good a father as they came. After all, she had never experienced the true affection of a paternal figure. Smiling to herself, Brooklyn felt more at peace. The lands of her mother's pack were coming into view now. She could not simply waltz in. Instead, she would wait around the edges, maybe even call out to someone. That was the good, honourable thing to do.

Maybe, she thought to herself, maybe one day she would be strong enough to forgive her father too. But for now, Brooklyn wanted to make amends to her mother. For the cold and cruel way in which she had treated her. Leaning against a tree, she inhaled the air around her. It smelled faintly of spring, like a whispered promise. It smelled of her mother. Would Naniko be able to forgive her daughter so easily?

[/html]
[html]
WC: 307

Spring - Geneva desperately wished that it was already spring. The cold edge of winter echoed the stormy season that they had all endured during the summer. But Geneva desperately craved sunlight, sweet and yellow, falling across her shoulders and on the ground in front of her. This winter had turned out to be a mild one so far, which was something to be grateful for. Despite the lack of heavy rainstorms, the Savant still felt very deprived of warm weather. Autumn had meandered by with the edge of winter close upon it, and Geneva had craved a truly warm day ever since.

These were thoughts that the gray furred lady often had while she was patrolling the borders of her pack land. The woman with olive colored eyes had always been on the small side, born the runt of the litter. As such, her winter coat was always just a bit on the thinner side. Last year, when she had arrived in Nova Scotia, she had just been overcoming recent physical and emotional trauma, and so her coat had been especially thin. This year, she was much healthier and much more able to get around.

As Geneva rounded a particular bend, she saw a white-colored female in the distance. She did not have the advantage of having a working sense of smell. However, she instantly recognized the young girl. It was one of Naniko's daughters with Anu! The light gray lady quickened her pace and called out. "Brooklyn!" she called, wondering if the girl would remember her. She hadn't seen Naniko and Anu's children in almost a year. And she had only really been close to Haven, who must be full grown like his sister by now. "Do you remember me?" she asked, as she stopped just a few feet short, a smile on her face.

[/html]
[html]

Hey look, fail delay! D: SSWM - 461

It was so quiet here. Brooklyn could smell cattle and she remembered that they had pets. Well, not pets. Livestock was the proper word for it and a weird word at that, because, if she remembered rightly, animals like that were meant to be eaten. It had never occurred to her to ask why they didn't just slaughter them, how they could all control their urges to shed blood. She knew that Luperci were somewhat more advanced than regular wolves, that they could control their animal urges. How else could they devote time to human endeavours, like carpentry or music or painting? They were not just wolves pretending to be human-like, they were much more than their desires allowed them to show. She'd never taken the time to think of such deep things, but perhaps it was all a mark of growing up. She was leaving childish endeavours behind and asking herself just what it meant to be an adult in this world.

Brooklyn decided to ask Naniko about the cows. It would be a nice start to their conversation. Movement at the edge of her sight made her turn just in time to spot a grey wolf coming towards her. Her mind raced to remember the name, especially when her own was called out. She felt herself relaxing. If they knew her, they obviously thought of her as a friend and she would be at least a little bit welcome here. And then the name hit her. Geneva. A nice, strange name that seemed to roll off the tongue and hang in the air for a moment after it was spoken. She remembered her dimly, from the times when she was a pup. Not enough to say more than her name, but it was better than nothing. She smiled at the female and nodded slightly. I remember you are called Geneva. You came to see my Momma in Crimson Dreams, a long time ago. I don't remember much else, though. Her tail dropped slightly. Had she offended? What could she say, really? It was the truth.

I came to see Naniko. The slip about "Momma" had been just that, a slip. She could no longer afford to show any allegiance to she who had left them. Crimson Dreams was her home, blood or no blood ties. How are you? How is everyone? The question included her half-siblings. It would take a while to admit wanting to meet them, but until then, she would remain polite and acknowledge them as she did everyone else. I'm glad you remembered my name, Geneva, she added shyly, almost as an afterthought. Truth be told, it was nice, yes, to be remembered and welcomed.

[/html]