mansion expansion
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">Hope this is alright!

Soft, airy snowflakes were drifting towards the earth to be added to the already accumulated snowfalls of the season. It gave a new atmosphere to the clan’s lands as the young Russian made his way northeast. The mansion stood dark and mysterious against the monotonous backdrop of white and grey, and Silas stood less than a quarter of a mile away, staring up at it in amazement. The building was nothing new to the youth, as he had wandered by it a few times now that he was part of the clan. Yet, he had yet to actually venture inside past the front doors. Perhaps today he’d wander inside and see just who else had taken up residence there.

Clad in his usual black vest and blue bandana, the boy began his remaining trek through the snow towards the old house. He wasn’t as fast on two legs, but he seemed to prefer it more often now that he had gotten older. It was only occasionally as he ran from the clan to Halifax that he decided to shift to his lighter, faster lupus form. Secui was something that was almost entirely left out, except for the occasional hunting of trickier game. His mind wandered to thoughts of Hybrid again, and the young Russian could only hope he wouldn’t find the Hydra inside. He’d need to find out where it exactly was that that bastard lived, so he could avoid it in the future. Though he’d live alongside the Hydra as a member of the clan, Silas was by no means going to let his grudge diminish. The two were a duo that had developed a mutual loathing of one another.

When Silas finally made it just a few yards away from the front entrance of the mansion, he stopped again to study the building. His icy blue gaze traveled to the black trim and vibrant red coloring of the siding. Somehow, its placement here by the humans seemed strangely suitable for the clan. With a brush of his fingers to knock away some of his stray black hair, the young Russian took a few steps closer to head inside.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... stable.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Thank you for starting! -loves on Russians-

Cassius leaned somberly against his windowsill, which was ice cold and covered partly with snow. Cassius never saw snow back in the swamps, it only got crazy hot there. He liked the snow here though, even if it came with the uncomfortable cold. But he was inside his warm room, which was heated by a fireplace he made. It was really cold when he first moved in, decided to make some contraptions to make it a little more homey. Right now though, Cassius wasn't thinking about that. Right now, he was thinking about nothing. He was bored out of his own mind.

He hadn't exactly been busy the last few days, and he refused to stray out of Inferni. He was perfectly safe here and he would rather have it stay that way. Even then, he was still getting used to the place. He wasn't used to not having so may wolves around, but at the same time, it was quite pleasurable. He never hated wolves or anything, but some hated him for being a coyote, or at least mostly coyote. Sometimes, it was little things like that that made him not miss home.

He leaned off the windowsill and stood up, ruffling his flannel and adjusting his black shorts. He felt a little hungry and so decided it was time for lunch. He blew out the fire in the fireplace and headed to the manor kitchen. Tossing a few pots and pans around, he settled on making a plain old meat sandwich. He tossed some meat onto the stove-pot, and proceeded to search for some other ingredients to add to his small lunch.

Word Count: 200+

[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">Big Grin

As a clawed palm came to rest on the door, Silas hesitated and took another look around. Somehow, he felt as if he were about to do something he shouldn’t, as if he were once again trespassing into a place he didn’t belong. But that wasn’t the case. Silas was a member of the Inferni coyotes now, so he could tread as he pleased amongst their lands. He pushed the door open as the adrenaline stirred in his veins, before steeping entirely inside and closing the door behind him. It took a moment for the boy to look around and adjust to the dim light. Though the sky was frosted with grey clouds, the surplus of white made the outdoors constantly bright. The dim interior needed some getting used to, but it was a welcomed fresh change to the wintery scenery.

The young Russian was surprised to find no other coyote to greet him on the other side of the door. In fact, the mansion seemed rather quiet. The boy stood where he was, glancing around at the disheveled appearance of broken furniture and crooked picture frames. Though the humans that once lived here would be appalled to see the state of the mansion now, Silas marveled at it. It was absolutely brilliant. His gaze traveled to the staircase that wound up to the higher floor, and it would have been of great interest to the youth to know that Halo’s room was not far from where he stood. His meeting with the pretty Hydra had left quite an impression on the Russian.

For now, Silas wandered deeper inside the building, skirting down a hallway that lead to who knows where. He paused as he went, admiring the artwork that still hung on the walls. A portrait of the mansion’s long deceased owner hung in a gold frame and Silas marveled at the unfamiliar appearance of the extinct humans – much as if he was studying those ancient dinosaurs. A clank in a room not far off caught his attention, and both ears swiveled to catch the sound. Metal against metal, and Silas was sure he had heard the noise before. Back home in Russia, relatives had used old human pots and pans to prepare the fish they had caught. The noise beckoned Silas, and he wandered further into the house to find the kitchen.

"Oh, hi," Silas murmured when he came upon an unfamiliar face. He didn’t know many of the members here, so he’d figure it was good that he was seeing someone new. Still, he had silently hoped it would have been the Lykois girl standing in front of him. "Making food, ya?" He leaned into the doorway casually, taking in the sights of the kitchen. It didn’t quite look like home.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... stable.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: UGH Everyone's posts always seem longer than mine ;A;

The sizzle of the meat on the pan was a very good sound, accompanied by the smell of the cooking meat it was very appetizing. Although cooking wasn't one of Cassius' strong points, he had learned a thing or two on his journeys. He gathered all of the necessary things, which weren't really a lot, from the kitchen to make his food. He felt engrossed in his activity that he realized he wasn't bored anymore. A smirk spread across his face as he continued to take in the smell of the rabbit meat he had moments ago plopped onto the cooking stove.

However, he heard a sound coming from the doorway which appeared to be another coyote, yet another he had yet to meet. This male had an odd coloring to him, an yet it didn't surprise the hybrid. More and more unique Luperci were appearing these days, not that it was bad of course. This guy was clad in a blue bandanna and a black vest, pretty plain compared to most of the wolves Cass had met. He himself was quite plain too, a black and grey flannel over a white t-shirt and black shorts. It was a little more than the coyote in the doorway, but not by much.

As the young male said hello, Cassius deemed it polite to reply back. "Hey there," he retorted quickly, not really having much to say. "Oh, yeah I been fixin' a sandwich- with rabbit. You want one too? I can fix two, or share this one." Cassius was in the nice mood today. plus, this guy didn't seem all too bad. He wasn't quite odd like some of the other coyotes here, especially Cotl. "You a newbie too? I been living here fer a couple'a months, but it ain't too bad. Inferni people sure are real odd, though."

Word count: 300+

[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">Mine too! I only spit a bigger one out every once in a while.

The scent of the food had reached Silas before he made it to the door, but it wasn’t until now that he had identified it. Rabbit, for sure. Though he was no stranger to the meat, it did take on a new scent as it was being cooked. Either way, the smell was still tantalizingly delicious. This guy, whoever he was, was clad in clothing just as Silas was. He couldn’t be sure, but the Russian had a feeling they were relics of the human world, such as Silas’ vest was. This guy wore more than Silas did and the boy found himself liking how it looked on the other’s frame. Perhaps he’d have to make another trip back into the city and see what else he could find.

Instantly, the guy replied to Silas, friendly as ever, which put a casual smile on the boy’s face. "You ‘ave enough for another?" Silas had never had cooked rabbit meat before, but it sure did smell good. And hey, if this guy was offering, why not? Silas moved into the kitchen, looking around as he made his way closer to where Cassius was cooking the food. "Eet smells delicious." He studied the strange goggles on Cassius’ head for a moment, wondering what they were for, before looking down at the meat that was sizzling away in the pan. "Ya, I ‘ave been ‘ere for a little bit now. Uhh, a couple veeks maybe? I don’t know zhe other people ‘ere yet. Vell, not many of zhem."

[/html]
[html]
OOC:

When the other male responded to his question, he spoke with a funny accent that interested Cassius. It was really weird but then again, many others said Cassius himself had a weird accent. This guys' accent was really thick though, it made him harder to understand, but Cass could catch quite a bit still. "Yeah, we sure do. We done got plenty o' them rodents laying 'round 'ere. I ain't much of them hunter types, but these lil' guys sure are easy to catch." Cassius reached up for another rabbit and plopped it onto the pan.

"Nothin' like some good ol' cooked meat," he went on, taking in a deep sniff of the smell of cooking. "I done learned how to cook the buggers when I took my boat up to here. Mighty tasty." Cassius noticed the Russian eying his goggles. Everyone here had been doing that lately, like they'd never seen them before. Well, they probably hadn't, but they all took an avid interest. The hybrid dismissed this anyway, and moved on.

"A couple weeks, eh? I been here quite a while myself." Cassius poked at the cooking meat with a fork. "I came here from down South. I done took a boat fer two years up the river." He looked back at the husky colored male. "Where're you from? You sure got a funny accent."

Word count: 200+

[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">

Silas watched Cassius as he reached for more rabbit meat and begun to cook it up as well. Though he was paying attention to every word the other man said, Silas had begun to wander about the kitchen, studying the items that were left here and there. "I ‘ave never ‘ad cooked rabbit meat before," Silas admitted, picking up an old whisk and turning it about in his palms. What an odd contraption – he had never seen anyone use one before. "But eet do smell delicious," he repeated, looking back over the where Cassius stood by their cooking lunch.

A familiar smile came to find Silas’ features when he realized the opportunity had arisen for him to speak of his homeland. There was always a great sense of pride that swelled in the boy when he thought of Russia. He silently wished that it wasn’t so far from here, so that he might go home to visit soon. "I from Russia. Vayy across zhe ocean. I come ‘ere on a boat vith mine seester and father." He moved over to where their meal was cooking, and leaned onto the counter top just beside Cassius. "Are you fisherman?" He asked, smiling all the while. He was only curious because the man had mentioned traveling in a boat as well and fishing had been the livelihood of the Russos back home in Russia. Silas had begun to miss those old days in the complex.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Eww terrible wait Sad

When the Russian told him that he'd never had cooked food before, Cassius wasn't surprised. He had only eaten cooked food on his way up the Mississippi, there quite a few fishing camps along the way so he stopped by and they gave him some cooked fish. He had some, thought it was genius, and asked them how they made it. They told him how, and then some. The fisherman also showed him how to cook chicken and other meats, and how to use spices. "Yeah, them rabbits tastes pretty good when cooked," he added.

Russia? That was quite a ways away. Cotl, one of the other residents of the house, was from Germany. Europe and Asia seemed to be sending quite a few individuals this way. Except this individual came with some family, a sister and father. Cassius sighed, wishing he brought his cousin Brutus. He said he'd follow him after he took care of something, but nonetheless Cassius trusted him.

"No, I actually ain't fisherman," the hybrid chuckled. "Although there was some on the way here and back home. I used t'live in them swamps, bayous we called 'em." Cass proceeded to plop the cooked rabbit chunks onto plates and sliced them up. "Them fishers taught me how to cook, actually. Their stuff was pretty good too." The brown coyote placed the slices neatly on the bread, placing some cheese and other condiments on the meat before placing the other slices on top. He handed one out to the Russian. "Here ya go," he offered.

He motioned for Silas to sit at the kitchen table and pulled out a chair for the foreigner and himself. "So," he went on, "Are you a fisherman? You seemed convinced I was. Not that it's bad or anythin'." he chuckled taking a bite of the sandwich.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]