soft inter moments
She had been sitting crosslegged on the porch grooming the small lithe kitten who was no longer a kitten. She purred with amusement as the cat frisked away from her tongue with a swat as he began to groom his own pelt, soothing the marks she'd left from attempting to right his messy fur. She sighed and shook her head as she remarked. "Fine, but when your fur gets all matted and you begin to stink don't come crying to me.." Her words were warm as she rolled her eyes as the cat deemed his fur clean enough and scampered off into the meadow to play.

Firefly's scent was overwhelmed by that of Jac seeing as she was perched on his porch. She wrinkled her nose as she tried to keep from sneezing, the result being a swirl of powdery snow drifting slowly upon her pelt. She growled as a few flakes lingered on her nose before melting, almost causing her to sneeze again. She shook her head to rid herself of the snow before rolling to her paws and finishing the removal before padding down the steps and into the yard beyond. She cast a low glance towards her belly as she frowned slightly.

She hadn't told anyone that she was pregnant and she hoped to keep it thatway. It wasn't her fault this time, she'd refused Jac but the weasel had flitted off to find alcohol and a new passion for the moment. She really hadn't thought that she'd fall into drinking alongside him or that she would have forgotten about the reason she'd refused him in the first place. Now she was stuck with the truth and she kept it silent like it deserved to be. Besides, she could always claim they weren't his, they weren't mates so what did it matter.
[html]

Amara yawned as she shook the snow off her plet her and her brother had been outside playing and she hoped that as it got warmer her mother would let them stay out longer. She enjoyed the out doors because it let her be free. And for now scampering through the woods was fine. She had lost Kable somewhere and by now he was probably back with his mommy.

Now in fact she had never gone this way and she was unsure what this section was but she was going to find out. There was a large opening with a house and she saw a lady sitting. She shrugged no one inside the pack would hurt her right? She'd be safe and ok to talk to anyone. She had no fear as she bolted through the small section of clearing and the house. She had come from a weird angle and she was glad the distance wasn't far.
She felt the cold in between her toes but a new kind of cold caught her attention as she slipped finding a section of ice. It was large enough for her ever growing puppy body to slip and tumble. She was one minute upright and then meeting the ground. "Owww." She groaned as she struggled to get back on her feet. She looked up as she saw the lady she had gotten a glimpse of from far away. Bonjor... um hello." She said smiling awkwardly. She couldn't help but feel foolish for tripping over herself. Her crystal lilac eyes looked at her.

[/html]
Ooc: This can be set on like the 9th or something instead of the firth, but because of current plots it needs to be backdated a bit still.. sosu 429

IC:
Firefly had been ignoring the calls of Elroy as he darted in and out of the snow drifts, batting at the flakes he sent flying about. She smiled to herself, knowing that the cat would probably return to her abandoned cabin the moment Jacquez showed back up. He didn’t seem very keen on her feline charge but she didn’t care. She liked when he was annoyed by something, the more annoyed he was with others the higher her spirits rose. When his annoyance was because of something she had done on the other hand her temper flared and they were at ends until one finally dominated over the other. Oddly enough their fights often ended in flirting and romping in the covers, as silly as the arguments had been they disappeared just as quickly.

She was not looking forward to when Jacquez found out about her upcoming pregnancy though, as he would most likely blame her and sulk like a spoiled brat. She rolled her eyes at the idea and went back to closing her eyes and listening to the calls of Elroy. It wasn’t long before the change in the feline’s voice was detected and Firefly opened one eye again to see what he was doing. When she did this she heard a cry from the meadow and with a sigh she rose to see what the cat had discovered.

The Sadira woman stood on the bottom step of the porch when she caught sight of the child that had obviously fallen by the look of things. Firefly was puzzled for a moment because this wasn’t Jontae or Night but another. It took her a second to remember that Leroy and Ayita’s children had been born a while back. Firefly had decided that it was best to stay away from the woman and her children.. Jacquez’s want of her in his bed didn’t help either, if she had wanted to see the newest editions to the pack. Now though she could tell that this was indeed one of Leroy’s children as a tiny smile appeared on her lips as the girl addressed her.

Firefly’s eyes sparkled with mischief as she lowered her head slightly in greeting before answering. ”And good day to you. Now what’s your name little lady?” She could already tell the girl was going to look a bit like her father just by the markings on her pelt but the coloration was off. Firefly studied her a moment before she moved off the porch and wandered closer to the younger member of Cour des Miracles.
[html]

Shannon maybe firefly and amara could talk about her scary monster. Haku she doesn't know his name only what he looks like.

Amaranth finally regained her ability to stand. She hadn't noticed the cat and in honesty she wasn't sure what the thing was. She looked at the woman who had gotten much closer to her. She looked at her with her puppish smile. "I'm Amaranth Catori. Who is umm no who are you?" She asked correcting herself. She was always being scolded by her mother to speak properly.

She looked at the woman and then at the cat which she hoped to know what it was soon enough. Her tail itched as she leaned over and itched it. It was healed now and looked foolish. She had a white tipped tail that now ended with no white and looked stubby. After fixing the itch she looked back of firefly. "You look very pretty. I like your eyes." She said noticing their color. She was rather stupid wasn't she just sitting there making conversation.

"Hey your not gonna eat me right? I can stay and not be foodz." She said. She was still wondering wither or not others ate puppies. The man she had met acted weird and like puppies were food.

[/html]
Ooc : soso:603 Sorry I didn’t answer your PM, I don’t actually have much time online, at home til I get net access I go outside to connect off my neighbors wifi. Other than that I’m only online at school or in town. Tomorrow I’ll be in town though after 10 am if you want to try and plot some things out. 

She shouldn’t help it as a twitch of a smile appeared upon her lips. She had missed spending time with the young pups of the pack, having returned to Jacquez’s cabin night after night instead of going to visit Jontae and Night. She hadn’t been for certain how she felt about the small child that had been Svara’s but she showed no ill will towards the youth either. There was just a general air of sadness about her when she visited the puppies who were not her own. The small wave of emotion flooded her again as she stood staring down at the small girl, not for certain if Ayita would even want her daughter around her as she listened to the young girl’s words.

Her voice was gentle as she spoke, ”I know of you Amaranth, and your brother. Your father is a friend of mine.” She wasn’t for certain if she could say the same for her mother so she left off the comment and gave the young child her own name. ”I’m Firefly,” she said, noticing how the girl glanced towards Elroy who was watching from beneath a snow covered bush. She grinned as she added. ”That’s Elroy, he’s a cat, and a naissance.” Her eyes sparkling as she heard Elroy’s abrupt protest at the name she granted him. She ignored his objections as she smiled down at the girl once more, a softer sweeter look upon her face.

She couldn’t help but raise a brow though when the girl spoke of how Firefly looked. She knew that she was very pretty, but she wasn’t actually used to hearing it often. Jacquez had his pet names for her and she’d heard it on the by from the warriors across the sea but she had always been a creature of pleasure and there was little need for cooing silky words when sensuality was the main concern. She blinked once or twice as she smiled down at Amaranth. ”Well you’re a pretty little girl too you know.” The youth had a rather striking look about her, unusual for their area, and something that Firefly had only ever really seen on the males, Leroy, Lysander and their brother. She hadn’t really stopped to think what the pattern would look like on a female but it wasn’t distasteful. She let her eyes settle back towards the porch as she asked. ”Would you like to come sit out of the wind?” She didn’t know about the girl but not matter how fluffy her coat was she did not like to be out in the weather in her condition.

She had just been turning to move towards the porch when Amaranth’s words caught her with a start. She turned back, concern in her eyes as she frowned slightly and asked. ”Why would I want to eat you?” She glanced towards Elroy who was moving off to go hunting in the forest as she narrowed her eyes slightly, her lips parted as she wondered, finally turning back to Amaranth as she asked. ”Has someone tried to hurt you?” She doubted that anyone within the pack would try and hurt the pup but she couldn’t be for certain. She knew there were a lot of new faces and she didn’t know most of them. She realized that she really needed to get out and find all the new faces and make certain that she did indeed learn something of them. She didn’t like the questions the child had asked and she hoped that it was just silly childhood nonsense and not a threat that she needed to investigate.
[html]

Shannon maybe firefly and amara could talk about her scary monster. Haku she doesn't know his name only what he looks like. Umm I'll be in college but we'll have to pm or something

Amaranth was looking at firefly. She introduced herself and she was very interested in everything. She wanted to explore everything and she would explore later. "Really you know my dad. He's cool much cooler then mom." She said. "Mom makes more rules then dad like I'm not supposed to wander to far from vigilante's house." She said. She looked at firefly and then back at the cat. "He's weird looking." She said as she returned her attention. "I've never heard of cat before." She said.

Amaranth was very focused on the things she could learn from Firefly. "Um thank you I'll be prettier when I'm big like you" She said. She was glad to be invited out of the feild. She wasn't sure exactly how to get back to Vigi's house but she would figure that out later. As she started Firefly looked at her. "Hurt me? Hmm not lately." She said. "I met a man and he thought I'd be yummy." She said.

Her attention reverted back to going towards the house. She hopped on to the porch and sat there looking at firefly.

[/html]
OOC: I’ll pm you tomorrow, Wednesday I’ll be in class too, but it’s a computer/art class and I’m infront of the computer the whole time. Hopefully we can work something out. And Firefly would have no problem laying blame to Haku for hurting Amaranth. Anything against him brightens her day. Sosu-748

She couldn’t help the little smirk that appeared upon her lips as the girl settled in and began to chatter away. Her eyes danced as the girl spoke of her parents and their take on raising children. When she mentioned that she wasn’t suppose to wonder far from Vigilante’s house Firefly raised a brow as she spoke up. ”Aren’t you a little ways from home now then?” She knew that Amaranth wouldn’t be harmed at Jacquez cabin and she was there to watch after her anyways so she wasn’t going to push for the child to return to her mother, besides, they were only young once.

She shifted her weight from one hip to the other as she went on. ”Yes, I do know your father. He was one of the founding members of our pack.” She failed to mention that he had been the mate of one of her best friends at the time and how things had been a bit strange when the two had split off their relationship and went their separate ways. Instead Firefly just looked down at the girl as she smiled. ”You have a look about him.. well, perhaps more your uncle, but it’s not hard to see that you’re his daughter.” She said warmly as she eyed the youth for a moment longer.

When the conversation turned towards Elroy she heard the cat give a disgruntled grunt as the girl commented on his looks. Her lips twitched as she raised a brow at the cat’s reaction as she went on. ”Well, he’s quite lovely for his own kind..” She smirked as she watched the cat puff and preen at the compliment before she went on. ”But yes, he is rather weird looking when compared to our own.” She couldn’t help but smile innocently at the disgusted look that crossed Elroy’s small wedged up face. She so loved to see him in a mood for a change.

She glanced back to Amaranth as she shrugged. ”They don’t live in the woods much I guess, except for their larger cousins, they are mountain lions or cougars, and there’s lynx and bobcats.. but all of them are much larger than Elroy. A lion is even bigger than a full grown wolf.. and a lynx and bobcat are bigger than you are now.” She was silent a moment before continuing on. ” Elroy’s family lives in the human city, what’s left of them anyways.” She wasn’t about to admit that she’d eaten his mother and she wasn’t even for certain if he had any real family left. There was always the colony of cats that he’d come from though, there were probably some relatives there at least.

She moved on to the porch, climbing the steps as she listened to Amaranth behind her. She smiled softly to herself as she admitted. ”Yes, you’ll be quite a little lady when you grow up.” Firefly had yet to really met a wolf that wasn’t striking in some way and she knew that Amaranth would probably be just the same. Her eyes turned back to the girl as she wondered on the last words that she’d spoken of, worrying still that something wasn’t right if the girl was asking if she was going to be made into a meal.

When she finally did speak up as she followed along behind Firefly the silver and gold woman felt a creeping sensation down her spine as she listened silently until she reached the porch and plopped down on one of the benches that served as seats. There were many blankets out on the seats as Firefly often sat on the porch and watched Elroy or even for Jacquez in the evening, about the time he returned for the night. She let her eyes fall back on the girl as she frowned slightly. ”So no one in the pack has said or done anything mean to you?” She wanted to make certain that this stranger who had tried to eat her wasn’t someone close at hand.

She wrapped a blanket around her frame as she stared off into the distance as Elroy gave up on hunting in the woods and came back to join them on the closed in porch. She flicked an ear back as she asked Amaranth. ”Why did he think you’d be yummy?” She couldn’t stop the shiver that danced down her back as the words escaped her lips. She didn’t like the sound of this at all.
[html]

Ya Firefly might be the only one who she really goes all blah blah blah other then her dad. Cause Ayita knows almost no one She's seen Haku but doesn't know his name.

Amaranth listened about cats and the different kinds and that made her worried Lilac eyes looked at her. "Wow I wonder if mommy would let me have a cat." She said thinking she was in ways scared and in others interested. She was a puppy and she wanted to know everything she could after all. "Ya I am but rules are meant to break besides mom will come looking and then I'll play my cute look and she'll forgive me." She said. She knew her mom had a deep weak spot right now for her. After all it was her fault she almost was eaten.

She looked around as she watched firefly sit on a bench. She looked at the woman and then forced herself to leap up. "Well no one here. I haven't met anyone mean here." She said. Though she had yet to meet many others. But she felt safe here in the place she was born. She looked around and then scooted closer to Firefly. "Well mommy took us out she's done it many times but I hate following I get bored." She said. She always thied to get away to explore and do many things. "And there was this cool place it was kinda spooky and that made me interested." She said as she looked at the older woman. She took a deep breath and smiled then frowned. "He was really big and brown like this" she said showing her paws. "He never said his name but He had tails and he he he eated the tip of my tail." She said starting to cry a little. "He said he'd teach me about death and he threw me and kicked me and he was scarrry." She said as she started to talk faster not taking the time to breath.

[/html]
Ooc- maybe Firefly needs a thread with Ayita after this.. Big Grin Sosu-984
Firefly would admit it to no one but she did have a weakness for puppies. She had been devastated when Cercelee and Haku had taken her pups from her and when she had been told that death would be the answer if she appeared on Dahlia de Mai’s lands again she hated them for it all. She had known that she wasn’t guilt free in the whole chain of events that had lead to her banishment but she wasn’t the only one to blame. Now though she had come to terms with the events and had worked hard to build her own life away from the eyes of the pack she loathed so much.

She had begun to feel the excitement grow and bubble inside her at the idea of being a mother again. She hadn’t thought that she’d want pups, seeing how she hadn’t been ready for the first litter but as time had pushed on and she’d watched the children of the pack appear and begin to grow she realized that she had indeed missed her boys. It had not been planned; carrying Jacquez’s litter but she did not view it as a disgrace either. They were the children of the king and they would always have a place in the pack, even if their father didn’t believe they were worth anything. She would just have to prove to him when it came down to it that puppies were indeed worth all the mischief and trouble they tended to cause.

A smile appeared on her lips at the thought, her eyes moving to look at Amaranth as she spoke of the grave matter of trying to convince Ayita into letting her have a cat of her own. Firefly chuckled as she wrinkled her nose. ”Well, if she won’t let you then you can always come and play with Elroy.” She doubted that the young cat would care; he spent most of his time playing his own games, having someone to play with him when Firefly was busy or not in the mood for his foolish roughhousing would probably be good for him. It would serve him right if he did object, the runt was always causing enough trouble for Jacquez and her as it was.

Her short whiskers twitched as Amaranth went on, talking about how easy it was to weasel out of trouble when she did find herself under the all knowing eye of her mother. Firefly knew that all mothers had a weakness for their pups, knowing that she would probably let her own boys get away with murder if it came down to it. She raised a brow at Amaranth’s cockiness instead and asked. ”Is that right?” Firefly herself actually had had the same view on life when she was younger. Rules were meant to be broken, to a degree, but she had learned quickly growing up that you had to be tricky in how you broke the rules and how to keep yourself from getting into trouble after the rules were broken, or in some cased how to get out of trouble when you were caught.

She missed the times when she was younger, when she was still able to get underfoot and get away with it, but she was grown now and there were a whole new set of rules and challenges that stood before her. She knew sooner or later she’d find herself in trouble there too(actually she knew she was in her own mess of trouble already) but for now she would keep playing her games and hope the young one would find ways to keep herself entertained as she grew. Firefly knew life could be hard when you were so young. Drama seemed to appear out of nowhere and just breed from there.

Though the child’s ways amused her she couldn’t get away from the chilly feelings that came with the darker news that the girl had brought. Firefly brought her knees up to her chin as she listened to Amaranth speak of the characters of the pack. She was glad to hear that none of the pack’s members had been cruel to her or that she had been wronged in any way. She nodded slowly as she spoke, her voice soft, ”If anyone does give you trouble here just tell me and I’ll set them straight.” Firefly didn’t like to see the children of the pack picked on and she would make certain that it didn’t continue once it was made clear to her what had been happened. She didn’t think that any of their current pack mates would cause trouble but you never knew who would show up next.

Amaranth began her story finally of what happened and lightning seemed to flash in Firefly’s eyes as the girl described her day with her mother and sibling and how it had suddenly gone downhill when she’d become separated from her family. She forced a smile as she admitted. ”I ran off plenty of times to explore on my own too..” She didn’t judge the girl for wanting a bit of adventure at her age but she already knew that something had obviously gone wrong to make the girl doubtful of her own pack mates.
When the truth finally came out and the description of the monster was granted Firefly could feel her hackles begin to rise as she clinched her hands into small fists. Her voice was brisk as she began to realize she had a feeling who this beast was. ”Did he have a light creamy undercoat?” she asked as she pointed towards Elroy’s own creamy fur, ”Like his, only darker?” she bit her lip as she pressed on, ”and.. did he have dark blue eyes, darker than Elroy’s?” Her words faltered at the end as she hoped that Amaranth was not about to tell her that yes, she was describing Haku.
[html]

OOC: Yes they should so have a thread after this. It'd be cool or Ayita could come out serching for her child?

Amaranth was excited to sewe that someone was actually taking the time to listen to her. She had been fighting to get her mother to understand it seemed but firefly understood her. She sat there for the first time in a long time just happy to sit and talk. Firefly and her were a like in ways yet diffrent, well firefly was older but the woman also talked about how she used to do the same things.

Amaranth smiled as she was done with her story or so she thought. Firefly acted slightly stranger then before as she asked more questions about the man. Did she know him? could she stop him? "Ya I almost forgot what the rest of his coat looked like but his eyes were really blue and he was mean." She stated again. "Oh ya he held me over a fire.. well uh near a fire or close to how ever it should be said." She said looking at her. Why did Firefly know him and not her mommy.

She for a moment go an ounce of puppy distraction. Looking at the cat as she smiled. "Elroy kitty want to play?" She asked. She wasn't sure why she had gotten the urge to move away from the subject but it seemed like a good time to. The man actually still scared her and she had yet to see him in a long time. "Firefly do you know that man? he wont hurt you or mommy because I've only told you two Mommy told daddy I was attacked but didn't mention the man. Daddy didn't look happy when mom told him." she said.

[/html]
Sosu: 561

Firefly hadn’t really had anyone to talk to in a while. Jacquez seemed to think everything was a game and she wasn’t sure if any of their pillow talk actually got through to his head. Svara had been gone for a few months and Firefly hadn’t even attempted to draw herself out of the shell she’d hidden in, but somehow this little puppy had been able to do just that to her. She smiled as she watched the little girl settling in for a minute, wishing that she had realized sooner how much she’d kept inside this whole time. It wasn’t like she could do anything about it now though so she just let it be and entertained the child’s questions while wondering on her own.

Firefly hadn’t realized that her actions had really been that visible to the child. She hadn’t wanted to frighten her but it seemed that just speaking of the beast that had attacked her was bad enough. A tight lipped frown fell upon her lips as she stared off past Amaranth as she revealed the truth behind Firefly’s suspicions. The bottom fell out of her stomach as her nails dug into the palms of her hands. The small cat had slowly crept up to where Firefly was sitting and pawed at her blankets, trying to get her attention as she was lost in her anger and rage.

The words of the girl shook her to her core. She had known that Haku was dangerous but she hadn’t ever thought he would attack a child that wasn’t part of the clan. She had known what he’d done to the young coyote but that had been in the mists of war, of revenge for the actions against his sister. She narrowed her eyes as she spoke. ”Yes Amaranth, I do know him. He was once my mate.” She lowered her eyes slightly as she asked, needing to know the whole story. ”He tried to burn you? Amaranth, what ALL did he do..” She had to force the words between her lips as she tried to swipe her tongue across her suddenly dry mouth. Firefly wondered who all knew of the man’s actions but that wonder was soon answered as Amaranth spoke again.

Her emerald eyes were like green flames as she barely noticed when Elroy moved away at Amaranth’s asking and crouched down low beside her, swishing his tail and batting at her own fluffy plume. She glanced back towards Amaranth as she tried to sooth her fears and worries as she actually listened to the girls words again. She sighed as Amaranth asked her more questions and spoke of Leroy’s emotions when Ayita had told him the truth of the mater. ”No, he wouldn’t hurt us just because you told. He’d just us just because he likes others to feel pain. He’s wanted me dead for a while, knowing what he did to you won’t do any more harm than what already exists between us.” She didn’t really know what to say. She had a feeling that she would have to tell Ayita just what had happened but she didn’t want to tell the truth to the woman in front of her daughter. She didn’t need scared anymore than she already was. Firefly just sighed quietly and turned to watch Elroy as he pounced on Amaranth’s tail.
Amaranth was now only half listening to the older woman as she smiled. She kinda nodded as though she was listening but was more intent with playing with the kitty then talking now. She had all intent to get the cat before he ggot her but that wasn't how it happened. Her now all to sensitive tail was the object of the cats attention as she got it she whimpered as she pulled away tumbling into Firefly. "Ummm sorry" She said looking up.

Then she realized she hadn't answered anything she was asked. "Well First he scooped me up, then her held my mouth shut. Held me by the fire it was hot really hot. Then he choked me and still held me there." She took a deep breat "and then pushed me into smelly tails." She said. "Then I think he bit the tip of my tail and swallowed it. umm I know he threw me once against a wall and then kicked me picked me up threw me out side. and well I remember being in a bush I think I crawled or something. Mom found me then." She said.
Firefly watched from the corner of her eye as Amaranth and Elroy played she wasn’t for certain who was getting the upper hand until Elroy managed to catch the pup’s tail and a whimper and the sudden jolt as the young girl crashed into Firefly’s side made her realized that the pup was still obviously sensitive where Haku had laid claim to her tail. Firefly picked up Elroy who seemed distraught at the pup’s reaction and she shushed the cat softly before she turned back to Amaranth and smiled. ”It’s ok, he didn’t known it was still tender, and I don’t mind, I said you two could play. I should know how roughhousing with Elroy can lead to trouble.” She wrinkled her nose, remembering when she use to play with him in her wolf form how half the tables and chairs in the cabin would be knocked over and upside down by the time they were done.

She petted the cat softly as Amaranth realized that Firefly had been talking about what Haku had done to her. She listened quietly as the girl spoke of the trials that the man had put her through, Firefly’s eyes glowing in anger at every little thing he’d done. Her voice was surprisingly warm though when she made Amaranth a promise. ”Don’t worry so much, he will pay for what he’s done to you soon enough.” She hoped that the war would bring down the beast but if it didn’t she would dish out her own type of vengeance, one that was probably worse than death for the monster. Her eyes glittered dangerously as she thought on just what she had in store for the beast if he survived the war.
Amaranth nodded as she looked at Firefly. "I know I didn't expect it to be tender." She said As she looked at the cat. "I'm sorry" she said looking at him. She wanted to play but her tail was so tender and she didn't want it tackled again. "Firefly are you and mommy going to stop him?" She asked. "Will we be safe?"

She asked as she looked out at the field. She should be heading home soon and she hoped that her mother would be to mad. Looking at Firefly and Elroy she smiled. "Can I come and play tomorrow if I ask my mom?" She questioned. She wanted to have fun and Kable was a boy and didn't understand girl things and Firefly was fun and understood. "Elroy I gots ta go." She said looking at her new kitty friend. "Firefly Thank you I'll come and talk with you again soon your so cool." She said as she smiled. "Mom will worry if I'm gone to long." She said.
She couldn’t help but smile slightly as Amaranth spoke about her tail. She watched as Elroy seemed to accept what was being spoken and only reached up on his hind legs to pat the young puppy on the nose before scampering back to Firefly and sprawling out across her lap. His tail flickered softly as Firefly petted him behind the ears. ”It’s all right, hopefully it won’t be so bad when it’s finished healing.” Her mind was lost in thought when she realized the question that Amaranth presented her with. She really knew she couldn’t promise the girl anything, Haku was one slippery bastard and there was no telling if he’d be able to weasel his way out of this one or not. If she had money to bet she’d wager that he’d find a way somehow, and she didn’t like to admit that.

Her voice was soft when she finally did speak. ”Amaranth, I will do all I can to keep you safe and I believe your mother will as well. You might not be the last child he hurts, but we will try and make certain it’s never you again.” She didn’t know how she was going to explain this to Jacquez, he would probably see it as female’s folly and just roll his eyes and try and get her onto a more interesting topic that involved what rewards she was going to grant him for being such a good king. Perhaps it was best if she didn’t tell him yet she thought before realizing that Amaranth was asking her a question.

When she straightened out her thoughts and realized what Amaranth had said she smiled sweetly and nodded. ”You can come by anytime if your mother allows you to.” Not that Firefly would ever ask if she had her mother’s permission, but if Amaranth thought she would perhaps she would ask. She lifted her hand from Elroy’s neck as he picked himself up and trotted over to Amaranth to give her a noisy goodbye before circling back around Firefly, chatty as ever. Firefly grinned and added. ”And I think he wouldn’t mind either.” She watched as the girl prepared to go, smiling at the comment that Amaranth had left her with. Her voice was gentle as she told her, ”Just be careful Amaranth and hurry home.” She didn’t think that Haku would come into Cour des Miracles lands but she wouldn’t put it past him either. She shivered at the idea and watched the girl silently, hoping that she would be fine.