The power of imagination
[html]
Ty's eyes snapped open again to find himself in a large, empty field, the far reaches of his eyesight still blinded by the fog, the feild itself seeming endless, surreal. Ty realized he was now laying down on the ground, from what he last experienced as a fight with a golden armored juggernaut of a wolf. the last thing he remembered of that fight was the gargantuan preparing to end his life, with him simply trying to figure out how to get out the arena they were trapped in. But now that brings up the question, where was he, how did he get here, and why wasn't he dead? Ty's face contorted towards confusion as he slowly rose to his feet and dusted himself off. However that also caused Ty to look at his hands, it became apparant he was in werewolf form. But that didn't make sense, he wasn't in werewolf form when he blacked out, he was in secui! He frantically checked his body for new wounds, but found nothing, not even bandages.

Just how long had he been asleep, and how long had it been since he fought the golden armored beast? In fact, how was he alive?

With nobody to really answer his question, he decided he couldn't stay in the middle of nowhere here. He took in a deep breath, which oddly felt like nothing at all, as if there was no air in the area, and yet he wasn't suffocating. Was he dead? Was this what it was like to die? Ty only got more and more confused as he walked in one direction, into the fog, which seemed nothing but an endless feild. He walked for what seemed like hours and hours only to find nothing but more dying dry grass, and nothing was there. Was this hell? Or purgatory? He still had no answer, and no hope but to walk forward until he found something, a sign, a person, anything, or simply collapse from exhaustion.

[/html]
The Night Prince had stepped into the Weaver's web, and now he walked the lifeline of the traveler, who was to be his opponent. His victim. He smiled silkily, and stepped in through the fog. The mist darkened, tainted black by his inky cloak which blotted out its light and soaked the dream in night. He approached the hunter, and the light shown out from his eyes brightly as the full moon, and despite the black, that cold luminance highlighted both figures. Lips peeled back from his jet black teeth, and his eyes...his inverted eyes, whose black irises were surrounded by sclera and pupil that glowed lambent white through the thin film of the eye...looked coyly to the boy whose lifeline the Weaver had chosen.

"Welcome, traveler. Tonight you will face me." He cast off his cloak, and once he did, the true moon could be seen in the sky, and the stars twinkled out from their places in the sky. His black cloak shuffled away like something alive, and his laugh was musical, almost friendly, except for the snake-like quality it possessed...he was in no way sincere...everything of his being was cloaked by shadow, to be seen only under the phantasmal lights of night. He smoothly fell to all four limbs, and his joints adjusted soundlessly. He had taken secui form, an obsidian giant of greater girth than his foe-wolf. His hooked claws traced quietly across the field as he did so, even as the field slowly became frozen, as if his tread alone brought on winter cold. He released a howl, an ethereal, wraith-like sound which no wolf still living could possess, and the earth beneath the two of them began to shift and slide. As if bobbing up from the depths, great icebergs erupted from the earth in spumes of black mud and clods of frozen grass. The air grew frigid, but here the cold could hurt neither of them.

"You will confront the Night Prince, Ty Trenton Nasphrite. Today you will know your death by my blackest fangs."" His eerie smile would have been entirely invisible if not for the moonlight pouring from his eyes and the reflection of the growing snow beneath their feet...his black teeth would have been unseen in the dark. The two monstrous eyes focused on the youth, and then the spirit set off, head low and jaws apart.
[html]
Ty whirled on his heel to face the ethereal being, one he heard the utteral growling that was his opponent's voice. The foe stood in front of him, standing at least a few inches taller, and the fact his teeth were as black as his fur wasn't exactly the most comforting look either. However, the wolf's bizarre appearance made this situation all the more confusing. Hearing the challenge from the wolf, he seemed unfazed by the threat of battle against the darkened creature. "Well...at least I know I'm not dead..." he sighed and shrugged as the dark creature began to surround him. Who was this guy though? Why did he want to fight in the middle of nowhere? Why was he out here in the first place? This just got more and more confusing as time went on.

What made it worse for Ty was hearing the beast's wretched howl, one that peicered even his ears with the shrill yet booming and guttural howl into the sky, removing the fog enough to reveal the moon. Along with that, after the how the grass around began to magically become covered in snow, the chill suddenly spiking in his feet ass he stumbled about to keep his balance in the shifting of the rocks below the two of them. When he saw the icebergs rise up from the ground, he was pretty convinced it was the other wolf that his foe was magic, although the fact he could shift between forms seamlessly was a pretty big sign. Of course, his foe was now in secui farm, making him a very large four legged form, now Ty felt somewhat intimidated. Sarcastically, he muttered to himself "Okay, magically shapeshifter, who is not only my size, he can seamlessly shift between forms and change our surroundings on a whim...yeah, I can do this."

He heard out the mystery wolf's introduction, and slightly chuckled at the dramatic speech of his enemy, even referring to himself in third person was sort of silly. "Night Prince? That's your name? Did your parents run out of original name's for you? Or when you got the magic powers did you give yourself a title like some canine super villain? Because if that's what you picked, you couldn't have been more cliche!" He gave a quick chuckle at the jokes before he noticed that the 'Night Prince' was charging at him with his blackened fangs gleaming in the moonlight. Now that Ty was gaining his confidence as a fighter, he began to be more jesting during fights, not outright insulting or dishonorable, just occasionally witty. However, now was a time to react, the night wolf was charging right at him aimed for his throat. However, the heavy creature would have a hard time stopping, so what could Ty do? At the last second he leaped out of the way, contorting his body into a roll as to remain on his feet after the wolf nearly clipped his legs. He could see now that the Night Prince was definitely going for the kill, so Ty would have to return in suit. He waited for the Night Prince to make another pass at him, intending to counter it differently this time rather than just dodge it.
[/html]
OOC: I took some liberties here. PM me if you'd like me to change it.

The black spirit smiled broadly at Ty's jests. If he hadn't been so arrogant, he might have been smiling in self-deprecation, but the Night Prince did not do that. He made his charge, missed, and came skidding to a halt. The physical laws still applied to him here, but he retained his balance so well that it was obvious he had fought upon the ice many times before. His black teeth parted, and the smooth voice of an orator crooned in answer to the yearling's taunts.

"My name? It is my title, young one! And the prince may choose his whipping boy as he wishes. I brought my knight to crush you, and he did my bidding well. It looked so amusing that I wanted to make you bleed myself." His unnatural smile curled up one side into a vicious, sick leer. His claws gained purchase on the ice and he propelled himself forward, coming in slow enough this time to ensure an engagement. He had read Ty's lifeline on his way in, and he felt that he had enough ammunition to play his games as they fought.

"Do you think I'll be like the eight, Ty? Do you think you'll taste my lifeblood?" He sought to disarm the youth with his words before barreling in. He didn't know how well he'd keep his composure, but he knew that his appearance was striking to the living, his mastery of the dreamscape and foreknowledge of his adversary should give him the edge in the mental battle to come. That was his method: taking the edge in the physical battle would be simpler once he got beneath his enemy's skin.
[html]
Ty could only react in shock as the Night Prince was able to recover so well when fighting on ice, he now had to think how he could combat that. Of course, his face showed he was unaltered in psyche from Ty's jests, kind of expected from a guy who calls himself 'Night Prince' to not be affected by taunts. However, it made Ty feel better and lightened the situation a bit, so he would continue this way, keep his spirits up at least. The wolf then explained what his title meant, of course, he also explained why he was here in the first place, how he watched the fight between him and the figure named "Jazper", how he was amused by how Ty struggled, and how he decided it looked like so much "fun" he would take a crack at it, it being Ty's skull. With a sarcastic look on his face, he remarked in a condescending tone "Oh good, I'm so glad that our observer was such a kind and humane individual."

Of course, the Night Prince advanced again, aggressive as ever, although this time he was much slower, he didn't want to skid by Ty again, this time, he wanted to confront Ty, making sure that Ty would have to fight or die this time, no skidding away again. Ty had to think fast this time, and he didn't have very many options, he didn't want it to be a repeat of a fight with Jazper. In an unexpected fashion, Ty darted forward, looking like he was going to meet the Night Prince head-to-head, however, Ty was trying to think along the lines of deceiving, quick movements. When they almost collided, Ty made a diagonal step to the left, shifting his body weight out of the way of the Night Prince's charge, yet now positioning himself in a spot where being in a four-legged form would have a disadvantage. Luckily for Ty, he was still in two-legged form, with free hands to land attacks. As he ran by the Night prince, he attempted to cut along the beast's side with his right claw, dragging it down his ribs to his hindquarters.

Even after the strike, Ty was attempting to get some distance from the Night Prince, hoping to ask him some questions as they fight, and right now, he had quite a few. But before he was able to answer, he was asked a question, about the other eight, what did the Night Prince mean by that? It came to Ty rather quickly, the eight wolves he killed in one-on-one fights, to which Ty gave an amused yet somewhat shocked chuckle. Although he replied in jest "Well, you know, I was hoping....yea!" but in his mind, he was trying to contemplate how this Night Prince, a wolf he had never met before, would know such a thing?
[/html]
OOC: Well...you began in secui, which is why I had him shift down. However, given that the good Prince has some powers for me to abuse, that can be easily remedied =P

The claws raked against his side, and white, gleaming tracks appeared against his jet black fur. He rounded on side-stepping werewolf, and leapt up to him, black fangs snapping for his shoulder as his crescent-moon claws dug for purchase into his orange coat. His jaws snapped for Ty's flesh, but even as they did so, impossibly, his voice flowed like warm, fragrant water into the young wolf's ears.

"I like your spirit, traveler, your beating heart, and your words like seeking daggers at the joints of my armor." With that, his thumbless paws changed into grabbing hands, and his legs cracked like the sound of breaking ice as they changed into were-form, pushing him up to his full height, his powerful grip lifting Ty into the air as he surged skyward. The Prince slammed his foe down into the permafrost, his obscene smile accented by the smell of gathering dew. His inverted eyes grew wild then, betraying the rush that he felt with the slow drip of his starlit blood and the smell of broken skin by his claws. He felt like he were living again. Ty's awareness of the smells and sights and sounds of violence were being brought to him, wrenched from the dreamer's mind, and he could experience them all again. What was so close to life as fighting to defend it? Nothing...and that was the aim of this entire work, to reclaim the vitality of the living again, to feel the flow of blood through his veins, long since stymied. To feel the raw burn of cold night air in warm lungs. Such sensations long since lost could be reclaimed through the works of the Weaver. She could drink the brew, he would live it himself! He rose up to stand above Ty, towering a half foot taller than his enemy.

"If you want mine," he purred, "Strain hard. I am not convinced your body is stronger than mine." His voice fell to a serpent's whisper. "Show me!" The light of his eyes gleamed brighter, and the claws of his toes dug into a patch of frozen earth. Now he was on solid ground and his foe was on ice. He was ready for the taste of blood. He was ready to feel the warmth of a body lain open. Let Ty Nasphrite come, and let him bring life back into these ancient bones that have long forgotten it.
[html]
ooc: No , no, in the first post I made, when I posted that Ty wasn't in luperci form when he went unconscious after Jazper, I was implying that when Ty woke up, he had switched forms, making the scenario more surreal, I should have been more clear about that, sorry! I'll go and edit the first post so that's more clear.

The wind left Ty's lungs abruptly as his body slammed into the ground, with a loud crack against the ice below the snow, causing him to gasp for air as he struggled to his feet. The blow wasn't overall devastating, he was able to roll away from the Night Prince, but it was certainly stunning and slightly crippling, it was taking him a minute to catch his breath again. The Night Prince's ability to shift on command was a factor Ty had not foreseen, he was simply able to switch whenever he needed to change positions, making grappling against him almost ineffective. Ty would really have to think and improvise if he wanted to beat this foe. However, the Night Prince was monologing again, actually complimenting Ty's spirit, to which he smiled, somewhat humbled by the figure. "Well, thank you very much there!" Ty replied as he caught his breath. "I like your complimentary nature, though you should really do something about your teeth, as them being black usually means they have an access of plaque and are usually dead inside, you may want to try cleaning your mouth or something."

The joke was quickly pushed aside when Night Prince interjected with another bit of speech, actually challenging Ty to kill him. This helped fuel the adreniline already flowing through Ty's veins, he loved a challenge, and though Night Prince was challenging him to the death, Ty didn't feel overly upset about the idea, sure, he took the idea of fighting seriously, but the feeling of death crawling at his heels, it just added that extra spice to make the fight all that more exciting. Looking at the night prince, he smirked, cracked his neck once before rolling some of his joints. "Alright,you want me? You got me!" he said as he crouched low and darted in, now ready to take up an offense of his own. He flew in with claw strikes and punches, a left claw to the chest, a right claw to the face, then he pushed both hands forward to a strike in the chest. Hopefully those blows would hit their mark, and Ty would at least make an impression on the slightly larger wolf. This was now a test for him as well as a battle to the death, even if he did go out, he wanted to go out like the warrior he was.

However, there was something he'd like to ask the strange opponent he was fighting now. Not wanting to give up the advance, he quickly charged the hopefully reeling opponent, hoping to spear him to the ground for some extra strikes. Although Ty was smaller, he was big enough in weight class to at least knock the wind out of the Night Prince with his charge, if it hit anyway, if not totally knock him over.
[/html]
OOC: Ah, fair enough, my mistake then. Also, as for the prince's rationale below, I know there's a fatal flaw in it << He isn't really taking experience into account in his predictions.

The black spirit-wolf raised his arms and returned fire on Ty as the younger slashed out at his face and chest. The prince received the lacerations one after the other, and the discomfort of the pain was rivaled by the revelry of the sensation that he felt. Because of that, his own attacks were delayed, distracted. He was slashing at his opponent, but with less power and less precision. How fascinating it was to feel ripping flesh again...

A double-fisted blow to the chest pushed the larger creature backwards, and off of his stable ground. Claws skidded against the ice, but driving weight into his toes he stabilized himself. There were enough snow on the surface for it to be manageable. That was, of course, without someone else barreling into him. When Ty did so, the prince's claws lashed out, and they both fell sharply to the ice-covered earth. The black wolf was on the bottom, but he clutched the youth by his shoulders, claws sunk deep for an unyielding grip, and was savaging flesh around face and neck with his obsidian fangs. Yes...this was it, this was what it was about. In a disadvantageous position, he had sought to take Ty at a weakness early, pulling in too close to expose his throat. Still...claws at the end of versatile hands made the eyes, ears, and typically the throat ever-vulnerable targets. There was a reason that fighting as a wolf on two legs had its disadvantages...fangs were a secondary weapon once hand-claws became involved.

The prince had little awareness of that, however. It had been long, so very long since he had fought a mortal as a mortal, since he had fought with flesh and blood and tooth and claw. Ty had noticed the power he seemed to wield here, and indeed: as an old, old spirit, his control of this dreamscape, of ethereal surroundings was perhaps as potent as it would ever be. Enough so that he felt power over his surroundings wherever he went, and feared no rival spirits, though there must certainly be those whose abilities exceeded his. He had taken on the guise of night long ago, and so far none had ventured deep enough into his realm to make him afraid of any challenge. The Weaver was herself quite formidable in her fashion, though she could never rival him in what passed for battle among ghosts. Today he sought to reclaim a past long forgotten, however, and he would fight Ty as one bleeding wolf to another. Let him see if Ty's will to feel life was stronger than his own. There was no chance.
[html]
ooc: I see, that makes sense for a guy like him...you do know you posted it twice right? Probably a glitch of the computer I bet XD

Ty was actually expecting his foe to take defensive stances to avoid or block his strikes, not simply lash back blow for blow. He was confused, that was a fairly rookie move, unless the wolf thought he his wounds would be more grvious. IN response, Ty did his best to make the scratches the Night Prince had made as minimal damage as possible, but one of his opponent's strikes did land, a light slice against his cheek, which now began to drip blood down into his mouth, unfortunate, but probably the best he could hope for. The spear actually did more then he had expected as well, instead of just crippling the opponent and makign him keel over slightly as the wind got knocked out of his stomach, he actually was able to knock the opponent off his feet to the ground, with him on top, giving him the advantage here.

But apparently he was playing right into the Night Prince's hands, who just wanted to get close enough to bite him. Ty felt the large hands of the wolf wrap around his shoulders and begin to pull him in, attempting to get him close enough for a bite on the neck. The claws on the Night Prince's hands now digging into the soft tissues, Ty could now feel the warm red liquid dribbling down his shoulders and chest, and some landing on his foes face and torso. This was not a good position for either of them, but at least Ty now had propped his hands on his foes shoulders to keep him from making the fatal bites he oh-so wanted. The Night Prince was strong though, Ty couldn't keep up this forever, he had to think of a way to get out of it.

The Night Prince certainly knew what it took to kill a wolf, but one such as Ty would not die this way, even if he had to cripple his opponent, he would. The fact that the Night Prince needed both hands to pull Ty in gave Ty the distinct advantage here, in such a way that he could surprise his foe. Taking his left arm, he suddenly let go of the Night Prince's shoulder and drew his forearm across the black fur of his neck, still keeping Ty far enough from the Night Prince to avoid being bitten, while simultaneously choking him, which would eventually force him to let go.

But this was only half of it, Ty now had a free hand, which put him at even more at an advantage in this position, but he wasn't in a good position to deal a killing blow, it would be too hard to dig into his chest and his neck was now covered by Ty's forearm, but Ty had a different plan. Taking his right hand, he contorted it so his thumb made a very lethal point, claw pointing at the Night Prince's face. With all the strength he had in his right arm he drove that thumb right into the very eye of the Night Prince, if it met it's mark it would deal enough damage to let Ty go, and also deal a blow that would be most remembered, the Night Prince would have to let go of Ty and stop his arm, or come to terms with losing an eye, if he was even quick enough to stop him.
[/html]
The thumb drove through the moonlit eye of the Night Prince, and the wraith felt pain and nausea as he could not have remembered. It had been so long...had he felt anything that potent even during his true life? He couldn't remember. What he did know was that his blooded body wanted it to stop, and he had drawn his legs up from beneath Ty in one moment and launched the smaller wolf off of him in the next. Bright, florescent ooze seeped from the deflated eyeball, and the Prince yelped despite himself as he flung his enemy off and away, their claws ripping from their grips on one another as they parted. He quickly rolled to his feet, and between the gasps of pain, he began to smile.

"I haven't felt this, or anything, in a very long time, young traveler. This is a great gift." His voice seemed unperturbed, though his posture was that of one crippled. His eye was leaking the unnatural stuff down his muzzle and into his fur, leaving an otherworldly sheen to his pitch black fur. His smile did not abate. "Come and I'll return the favor. You can feel your heartbeat slow and your entrails spill over this craggy glacier, and I'll--" His voice was cut short as the black cloak quivered in the distance. It was behind him, he could not see it, but the instant it twitched, his head spun to regard it. Audible fractures in the ice began to form, almost in answer to the prince's lapse in concentration. Fog began rolling in from somewhere behind Ty.

"I am not finished," the prince said coolly. The onset of the fog did not slow, and wide fissures began to open in the ice. "What is this?" His voice sounded coldly amused, though one who had known him over the centuries would have heard the latent anger in it. He was being driven out. By this boy? No...nor by himself. He had been woefully damaged, but he was not yet done fighting. He was not even, and even this pain was not enough to quench his thirst to feel. It was her then. The witch who had cast this web. She was drawing him out! His lip curled, just before his cloak flew as a black flash to his shoulders, and a vortex of ice and snow began whipping around him. In an instant, the Night Prince and his arena were gone, replaced only by the rolling fog.
[html]
Ty felt his body again fly through the air as he was kicked off of the larger wolf, his foe's off color blood gushing from the wound and spilling through the air from his thumb as he was thrown back. He landed with a loud thud, wincing as his back met the cold hard ground. When he lifted his head, his foe was rising as well, albeit clutching where his eye once was and laughing in a very creepy way. The Night Prince was obviously wounded, but it was a shock to Ty that he got back up at all, the pain tolerance of his foe was astounding, now laughing through the loss of one of his eyes. He was even so bold as to deliver threats as well, but Ty was already attempting to plan for his next strike, now that the enemy had lost depth perception.

However, Ty also noticed that the large wolf had become distracted by a quickly enveloping fog, and although he suspected that it was the Night Prince's doing, his protests that he was not finished confused Ty, was there a third party involved in this? Was it intervening for some reason? Either way, Ty didn't want to take chances, so again he rushed at the distracted foe, claws ready to tear the larger wolf apart. As the fog enveloped the Night Prince, Ty jumped at him, pulling his claw back to make a slice right at his soft, fleshy throat as the vortex swarmed around the Night Prince.

However, when he made the swing, he swung at nothing, as if the Night Prince had disappeared. Also, the swipe at nothing sent Ty off balance, and tumbling to the ground in a series of rolls before landing on his back. While sitting up and rubbing his head, only to be greeted by utter silence again. The Night Prince was nowhere to be seen, and the snow had almost vanished from the air. What had happened? Where had his opponent go? He slowly rose to his feet, still keeping aware of any movement. However, waiting for five or ten minutes, the was nothing, his for had gone. Scratching his head, he sighed lightly and scratched his head, muttering to himself "So that's how it ends huh?...Kind of lame...for all the tough talk, he sure vanished quick enough...I was hoping for more...ah well."

With another sigh and a shrug, he then continued to walk into the fog, hoping that he would find someone less violent.
[/html]