A letter of old, a search for a white wolf
Ello everyone, I figured I cue you in on the little blue pups whereabouts and what the mischievious girl is up to enjoy!

The crunching of snow filled the air, the dense forest gave way to a small opening, a large rock layed in the clearing, like a guard on the borders of this territory. The packs rich scent filled the black females nose like a perfume. This was the border of Pheonix Vally, the place she longed to see in a long time. The one that the strange-colored pup had told her about. She went to cross the border but quickly stopped herself. If the pack was good about leaving thier marks, it would mean that she would easily be found and probably punished for her actions.

She sighed, rolled her eyes and leaned back. Her rich musical howl filled the air, breaking any silence that happened to be there. On this quiet winters day, someone was bound to hear her, she just hoped that it was someone she was suppose to find, she didnt want to have to explain her actions to everyone in the pack, especially since she didnt know anyone, but whoever came, it would have to do. She sat down on her haunches, her blue and gold eyes searching for anyone who might approach her, her pierced ears listening for any answer howls, and her voice ready, for any speaking she would have to do.
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Xeris' paws delicately punctured the layer of snow that coated the grass, leaving small pockmarks in its surface with every step she took. The echoing tiny footsteps of the three children behind her kept her confident that they were still there. Suddenly, a howl pierced the stillness; it was coming from the nearby border. "Mama, who's there?" Xion piped up from behind her mother. "It must be a newcomer," Xeris replied. She prepared to walk over toward the sound, but realized that if this unknown wolf was dangerous, her pups would not be safe. "Stay here for a moment. Don't leave this spot," she said, turning to them. With that she trotted off toward the sound of the howl.

It wasn't long before she reached the borders, and there indeed was an unfamiliar dark-furred wolfess there. Approaching cautiously, Xeris greeted the stranger. "Hello there," she said. "This is Phoenix Valley territory. Is there something you need?" It was then that the white wolfess realized that this stranger had a pack scent upon her fur; Crimson Dreams. Xeris had only been to Crimson Dreams once, but she did recall being there. Perhaps she was looking for someone in the pack, maybe Jefferson or Geneva or even Naniko. For now, Xeris stood and patiently waited for the woman's response.
[/html]
[html]

if my posts are a little slow this week i apologize. i have midterms this week. O.o

Anya found herself answering the call that sounded near the borders of the Valley. As she approached, the woman heard Xer's pups whispering among themselves. Knowing how protective Xer, or any mother would be of her pups, Anya very carefully avoided them, and went on her way towards their mother, who was already greeting the stranger.

Though Xeris could not tell where this female had been, Anya smelled a little bit of a familiar scent, just lurking underneath the pack scent of Crimson Dreams. Within a few moments, Anya was in sight of the two conversing females, and she gasped.

"You smell like a wolf I know. She told us at one time, when she left, that she would send news when she was ready to return to this home of ours. Perhaps you come bearing news of her? A black pup, with blue iridescent highlights streaking through her fur?" Anya was almost sure that the stranger bore the scent of Rendall, but she wanted to be completely sure, and only the stranger's news would confirm her suspicions.

<style>
.anya-heart p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.anya-heart b {color:#D777C4;}
.anya-heart {text-align:justify; width:400px; padding:1px 0px 264px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anyatable.jpg); background-color:#000000; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #E86CE4; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
The young warrior-wolf was out on his own, finishing a small hunt. He had been a little hungry today, so he had ended up hunting and killing a small rabbit for a snack, the blood was now still caked on the fur around his mouth. The rabbit had given him a challenging run as it darted left and right switftly, but because of Ty's youth and skill, he was able to nip it by the butt and end up breaking one of it's legs, allowing Ty to land the killing blow. Now that he had caught his breath again, he began to wipe away at the blood using the snow on the ground, allowing the cold wet material to wet his fur enough to simply allow the blood to drip off.

That was when the howl kicked in, and Ty's ears immediately flicked toward them as his brow furrowed, who was that?T This howl didn't sound like anyone he knew, though that in itself was hard to identify anyway. Curious and suspicious, he decided it would be in his best interest to investigate who was behind the howl, which caused his plodding along to lead him thorugh the woods once again. He loved the woods more then traveling in the clearings, although the clearings made it much easier to find out where to go, as it gave Ty a sense of security for some reason. With all the dead leaves and foliage that are usually out during any season but winter, Ty is fully hidden by it, allowing him to usually slip by things he would not want to confront, such as a bear or puma, things that would get into a fight with himgiven the chance. the forest was a safe place for him, it was just one big security blanket in his opinion.

When he finally found the person responsible for the howl, he said nothing. It looked like the others were asking the questions, so he didn't have to say anything. He couldn't help but notice that the newcomer smelled familiar, like a smell he once knew, but now couldn't pinpoint. Was this a wolf he met before? Was she someone who had dealings with the Valley, or even moreso himself? He silently looked at the newcomer with indifference and waited for her explanation.
[/html]
[html]

The female quietly waited, the first one who approached her was a white wolf, a female with three pups. She took a small step back since she knew how mothers are, especially with young near them. She examined the female lightly, she was quite beautiful, with soft white fur and calm golden eyes, this had to be Xeris. It was good news hearing that she did end up in the right territory, that would have been messy if she hadn't. She tried to be as polite and kind to the mother as she confronted her. "Pardon my intrustion, I dont mean any harm to you, or your family. My name is Laidaria and...."

The arrival of the second wolf interupted the Arias news, a grey female this time, with beautiful grey-blue eyes. It still amazed her that not many wolves had strange marks like her but this female bore some herself. Once the female caught scent of the young wolf on her fur the questions and assumations poured out. She couldnt help but stare at the grey one like she was crazy. Were all wolves in souls always so talkative? Obviously the girl had forewarned her family of Arias arrival. This one must have been Anya. "Yes....." She turned back to the mother and composed herself. "I do bring you news of the young girl. The one with the blue sun fur. Though, I'm not sure she said anything about her arrival fallowing my own, that youll have to figure out on your own" She looked to the strange grey female as she said the last half.

The arrival of yet another wolf kept her from her duty once more, she was getting quite annoyed, her tail flicked once. This one was a young male, his physic told her he was quite the fighter. She found him abit handsome but she wasnt breaking a promise made long ago. Her two colored eyes examined him from nose to tail, she would have to watch herself around this one, hed put up a good fight. she directed her question towards him "I dont suppose you have any questions too do you?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Xeris listened to the stranger's words patiently; she seemed friendly enough. A short time later she noticed Anya and Ty appearing nearby. "It's a pleasure to meet you," she said. "My name is Xeris." For a moment her ears flicked backward, listening to a tiny noise behind her. "I can hear you over there," the white wolfess said, a sly smile rising to her face. "Come here, stop hiding." She turned her white-furred head and indeed, her golden eyes found the three small bodies that had followed her, now ducking behind a snowbank. Obediently, her children bounded through the snow to join their mother. "How did you know, mom?" little Delwyn asked. Xeris smiled and replied, "A mother always knows."

With this, she turned back to Laidaria; Anya had been speaking to her. But something they were discussing had caught her interest: a mention of a blue-furred girl who had gone away. "Rendall..." Xeris thought aloud. "Yes, please, do tell us how she is doing!" Xeris had hoped for Rendall to see her children someday; she worried for and missed the young wolfess every day.
[/html]
[html]

Seeing as though Shea is busy with midterms lol we'll continue without her, that way we can get this done and over with, sorry for the wait yalls. Oh and dont worry arout what Xeris will read, I'll post the letter under Rendall so that everyone can read after a few posts is that alright? Wink

It seemed that the other two were staying quiet for the moment, She turned her attention back to the white mother. She smiled brightly as the white wolfess called to her pups to come closer from their hiding place, and how they questioned thier mother in innocent awe. Laidaria loved pups and hoped to have some of her own one day. She turned her attention back to Xeris, A sigh of relief had ran over her when the wolfess confirmed who she was. "The pleasure is all mine, the pup talked greatly of you and the others. You were like her older sister, She misses you greatly." She gave them each a nod before returning her attention on the white wolf.

She got vaugly distracted by memories of the unforgettably strange child, she had to call herself back. "I only knew her for a short while, however, she knew I would eventually find myself here at souls..." She pulled the letter from her scarfs pocket on her leg and held it out to the female "She asked me to give this to you, so that you may read it out loud to the rest of the ones who knew her" The blue and gold envelope glittered in the sun. Aria turned the envelope to show the wolves that the girls seal wasnt broken and noone had read it until now. "I made sure noone was able to get ahold of it...it was...important to her that you read it first."

She slowly handed the white wolfess the letter, the little ribbons twisting lightly around in the air from a light breeze. Laidaria finally reconized the other wolves from Rendalls tales, she first turned to the grey one, then to the one with strange eyes."You must be Anya, and Ty, do forgive me of my rudeness, my main concern was getting this letter over to Xeris, I hope you arent too offended."

[/html]
[html]
Ty again said absolutely nothing, not one word to the newcomer, he simply smiled and nodded when addressed and acknowledged with a friendly gesture to the letter when she mentioned it and handed it to Xeris, and slowly he plodded next to her to see if he could read the note as well. To be honest, Ty wasn't talking not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't know what to say. He was playing over and over again about a day like this, when his old friend, no, his little sister would write to him, say something, anything to let him and the others know how she was doing.

He came to the conclusion that he really shouldn't say or ask anything, if Rendell wanted to send him a message, she would, he didn't need to ask a million questions to the messenger. At the moment, he just didn't really have anything to say either, what could he really say to this person?

Eventually Ty did break his silence to address the messenger. "your name is Laidiara, correct?" He asked with a sincere smile. "I'd...like to thank you for delivering this, it means a lot to all of us here at the Valley, we all miss the kid and hope she is doing alright."

[/html]
[html]

The small seal broke and the envelope opened with ease. Gold designs decorated the paper around the letter, in blue ink were the girls words. Written elegantly was the words of her tale.

"Dear Xeris

Im sure Aria has already told you whom this letter is from. She has a good heart though she seems anti-social. Please do pay her my thanks for bringing this to you.

There is so much I want to tell you. I found my brother, his name is Vulcan Rødsol. He looks kinda like my mother except with my eyes. Hes truely nice and I hope to bring him to visit all of you, He would enjoy the Vally. Hes much like Ty, a warrior with a kind heart. Vulcan is taking me to see his village, his pack, they call themselves the Moonstalkers. However, it will be along trip there and back.

As for me, well, I've gotten much taller now, though I'm not as tall as Aria.....I'm alittle less clumsy but not by much, I've fallen off the boat a time or two (ask Laidaria, she'll tell you all about it). My scar still remains on my leg and the crew continues to ask about it. They find my tales of all of you quite entertaining. My fur is still the same unusal "sun-tint" (thats what everyone calls it, I just find it weird).

Well as for my return to Pheonix Vally, I hope to return soon and see you and your new puppies (The night I left i figured it out). Tell Ty I miss him very much and will be sending him a letter soon as well. Tell Pendzez I wish him well and I hope fatherhood treats him right. Tell Anya I hope to see her soon.

Yours Truely,

Rendall Blåsol
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the wait...

Xeris was genuinely surprised to learn that Rendall had sent a letter for her; she had figured that if anyone would receive a letter from the little pup it would be her mentor, Pendzez. It was heartwarming to think that her old friend had remembered her and thought of her like this. With a slightly shaking hand she accepted the letter and gently opened and read it. She could almost feel tears welling in her golden eyes as she took in the words, both of happiness for the girl's success in finding her family and of the sadness that she felt from missing her friend.

Turning around toward her packmates, she decided that now would be the best time to deliver Rendall's message to them. "Ty," she said softly, "Rendall says that she misses you and will be sending a letter to you soon." The white wolfess turned to Anya now. "Anya, Rendall hopes to see you soon." She closed her eyes for a moment and took a breath in. "Laidaria," she said, opening her eyes to look at the stranger. "Thank you for bringing this letter to me. You can't imagine how happy I am to hear that Rendall is doing well."
[/html]
[html]
ooc: I'm not sure if I am supposed to post or not, but I'm going to anyway.

"Well ain't that sweet of her." He said with a sarcastic flair of jealousy, trying to hide his joyful grin. "she's going to send me a letter AFTER she sends you one...look who is choosing favorites!" He then chuckled again before taking a deep, cleansing breath of relief "Well...it's good to know that she is alright, I was afraid, you know...with the war and all that...well...nevermind, it's fine now. She's alright, she misses us, and perhaps we will see her soon." He said, avoiding trying to make people worry too much. It was good to hear that Rendall was okay, and his spirits were certainly lifted when he heard they might see her again soon.

He then looked to the messenger again, Laidiara, still being very grateful for her efforts to bring this letter to them, and he was trying to think of ways to help her out as well. He spoke up again to Laidiara. "Thanks again for bringing this message to us, is there any way we can repay you at all? Perhaps you could stay for dinner? Or would you like someone to walk you back to your home? You never know what could be out there in the territories these days after all."
[/html]