Dreamcatcher
[html]

Furious footsteps moved him quickly over the soft, cold ground. Snow fell softly on his thick charcoal Secui coat, in his eyes and up his long, scarred nose. Only being a year old, he looked beyond his years in scars."Wh-" He sighed and licked his nose"...am I doing?. Alexander, who had just recently ventured alone for the first time, was lost. He drug his snout through the icy dirt, stopping only for a moment to sit and scratch, which jingled his claw and bone necklace. A great yawn came over him, revealing his chipped lower fang. Looking at him, you could see his woven beads into his fur,the bone through his nose, carved into a snake. He took pride in his coat and keeping it presentable. This became increasingly harder with the melted snow in his neatly groomed pelt. He hated being wet, and more so, he hated being alone.

Alexander reached the borders, stopping. He sniffed the air, lifting his tall,decorated ears and scratching the trees around him, marking his scent. He wanted someone to come,he needed to hear or see someone else. Alexander was frustrated, he hadn't been alone this long, ever. He grumbled and sighed, taking a deep breath and pushing over the scent line.

He waited. Waiting was a terrible torture for him. The moonlight set the whole scene aglow as he try to remember how...or why he was alone. No matter now, he found others to start anew. "Ah, to start fresh....would be wonderful"he thought. He shook his coat, becoming a wind chime with all his beads and adornments soundind together, and tried to groom it back to its former glory, he wanted to look his best, first impressions are key to acceptance anywhere.

OOC:Character Name:Alexander Faoul

Character Birthdate:1/15/09

Luperci

Species: Coyote/wolf

Found through Kiriska, on LJ

[/html]
[html]

OOC: O y helo thar! ^__^ Could you do me one favor and edit the following information into your first post? Or post it in your next reply, either way works for meee. Big Grin Character Name, Character Birthdate (including year), Luperci/Non-luperci, Species, Gender, and a secondary form of contact. (AIM or MSN or YIM works) If this is your first time we also like to know how you found out about us--did someone send us your way, was it an advertisement, google search, etc. Thanks a bunch. ^_^ 465.

The hybrid woman stalked about the borders, deciding it was absolutely prudent to keep roaming them. They were twenty-six strong now, after all—it would seem to Kaena that new coyotes showed up on a daily basis, some coming from very far indeed to heed to call of warfare. Perhaps this was a stand they took for all their species; a final battle to prove to wolfkind that coyotes would no longer allow themselves to be pushed and shoved around, their perimeters trampled over and their lands invaded. It would be difficult to reverse centuries of hatred and prejudice, for certain, but Kaena had hope in her chest. If they kept biting back at the wolves, sooner or later the wolves would stop biting first. Maybe someday in the far future there would be some accord between wolves and coyotes; either way, Kaena did not think this harmony would occur anytime during her life—or what little left she had of it, anyway.

The silvery hybrid much preferred this style of living to any other; she liked being on the defensive rather than the offensive. She no longer had anything to prove, and neither did Inferni; they were content to lay back and wait for the attack, preparing themselves as quietly and quickly as they could. Perhaps these tactics would not work in the long term; Gabriel had taken the initiative to seek out the Dahlian monster before, and perhaps it would happen again—but for now, even twenty-six strong, the silvery hybrid feared attacking the wolf pack outright. Many of their members were full-blooded coyotes, dwarfed by the larger cousin species. Many more were ill-trained for combat—while Kaena had no fear or worry for herself, Gabriel, Anselm, Hybrid, Halo, and Snake, there were others she knew could not defend themselves—like Vieira.

It did not take long before a strange scent entered the hybrid's nose, drawing her toward the strange coyote. He was a few feet over the borders; a yellowed tooth showed annoyance at this trespassing, her tail flicked high into the air. He was adorned with many strange beads and other decorations, reminding her vaguely of Dawali and his assortment of feathers—there were also a myriad of scars across his face, rivaling the pockmarked visage of her own. His eyes were strange and bi-colored, one eye an entirely different shade than the other. It was eerie and unearthly, though she supposed it was less gruesome than the hole in her own head. "Go ahead, make yourself at home," she said somewhat caustically, her coal ears pricked forward. "Who are you and why are you on Inferni's territory?" she asked, clearly not happy. These were war times—trespassers needed to be regarded with extreme suspicion, no matter their apparent coyote heritage.

<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 2px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"Hm?" Alexander trotted back and forth, on and off the claimed territory. He was unsure the rules here, but didn't want to go unnoticed. Finally, after what seemed like hours, he smelled her coming,followed by seeing Kaena moving toward him. He analyzed her form, and was shocked to see how similar they both were. He blinked for a moment,staring at her scars, thinking about his own. Never looking her directly in the eye, mind you, he knew better.

Alexander dropped his ears and pulled his tail. He flattened his long, bristled coat, trying to appeal to her better nature. He bent his back over, hunching and closing his mouth. "Greetings...stranger. I do apologize for the intrusion.Well you don't seem to strange to me. How did-" He stopped, not something to ask so openly and too quickly."Nevermind that. I am Alexander. I come alone and humbly submit myself to your lands. He grinned and bowed softly to her."I will abide to any rules or guidelines set, but as of right now, I'm ill informed to what those are. I am a craftsman, as if you couldn't tell, my lady." He was kind and soft in his words, he sat and pulled his tail under him.

OOC:
Ack! Silly me. I thought it needed to be a separate post in the profiles. I was here waaaayy back ago, I remember it being bleedingsouls back then. It's come a long way and I really like this new stuff~

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Thank youuu. Big Grin It's good to see you back, I might remember you from waybackwhen, myself. XD I am a crusty old person here. 384.

Trespassers were never regarded kindly in these parts—some were lucky to escape with just a warning, others were beaten back with teeth and claws. The hybrid woman clearly recalled the two Phoenix Valley wolves she'd caught trespassing on these lands. One even appeared to be a coyote hybrid, which perplexed her even further. She did not understand coyotes who chose to live a wolfen lifestyle; it was simply nonsensical to her. She had undertaken such a thing many years ago, but it had not worked out so well—as the long-dead skeletons of Narcyz and Wera might attest to. The other canine appeared to be a coyote, sure—but one could never be absolutely certain. The first Valley wolf had seemed to be completely coyote, after all. The silvery hybrid would not put it past Haku to use coyotes and hybrid coyotes against Inferni—after all, who else was Inferni to trust? War didn't mean they would stoop to allow wolves in their midst. No matter how much wolf blood they carried, the silvery coyote did not think such accord would ever come about between Inferni and the packs.

The other canine appeared not to know he had committed some offense; there was immediate apology for it in his body language, of which Kaena was appreciative. The tension in her face lessened, further decreased as the canine spoke. He started to ask a question but thought better of it, eliciting a strange look from the hybrid woman. Apparently, he was not from around here—it was not so strange to Kaena that other canines from faraway places would be unaware of the caliber of offense it was to cross the borders uninvited. "You are forgiven. I take it you aren't from anywhere around here, then?" she inquired. They had recently acquired three coyotes from Germany—and that was halfway around the world. Jedidiah was from the far, deep south somewhere. "This is Inferni, and I am Kaena Lykoi. You seek to join us?" she asked. "What craft do you hone?" she added, almost as an afterthought. It felt a little like rapid-firing questions at him, but the hybrid was not a fan of standing out on the borders all day; she liked to have these encounters done and over with in minimal time.

<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Alexander noticed the female relaxing. He was glad to be treated somewhat normally, but also glad to be intact and to arrive without an instant attack. He was never a deep risk-taker, this was all new to him, but he was glad. He examined her for another moment, thinking of how he got his own scars. There were many more on his body, but they way he groomed his fur hid the ones on his body. Mainly, the largest one he was most conscious about was the long crescent scar across with front of his neck, over the jugular. He took a deep breath, enjoying the crisp air, but blinking those annoying snowflakes again.

"Ah, no ma'am. I'm not from around here. I couldn't tell you where I'm from, really. I've...lost a lot of my memory from how I came to be alone." He licked his muzzle,running his tongue over the scars on his face, the only ones he couldn't hide. "I am a jeweler, if you will. I make jewels from discarded or otherwise unusable items. I carve bone and wood, melt sand into glass, weave the dead grass into chord. I use the world as my supplier and transform what I find to it's potential beauty." He smiled,lifting his tail some. Of all things, creating is what he enjoyed most. It kept him sane in times of frustration and loneliness.

"I do wish to join your group....uh, I didn't seem to catch your name."

OOC:

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.kaeskull b {color:#ffffff;}.kaeskull p{ text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px;}</style>

The silver-furred hybrid was glad to have come to some understanding and accord regarding tresspassing; the other canine was rather lucky it was a particularly even-tempered Kaena who came to greet him on the borders today. Certainly, Hybrid was never so nice to those who traipsed across their land, and the coyote woman could not see Snake regarding trespassers in a kindly fashion after what had happened to Vieira. Still the silver-furred coyote did not lift her lips in aggression; she was willing to allow the newcomer a shot. "Ah. It doesn't look like you've had an easy time of life—though, I can understand that," the hybrid said, allowing a faint grin to light on her scarred face. It was obvious from looking at the both of them there was plenty of pain and hurt in their lives.

The other canine spoke of his craft, which was interesting to her—she only wore one piece of jewelry herself, the tooth necklace that her granddaughter Halo had crafted for her. The coyotes were lacking in the art department to some degree. Cotl took care of the tattoos, for sure, but this canine professed a general ability to shape the world's objects as he saw fit. Perhaps he had never made arrows before; perhaps he had never made shields or other things before, but it would be entirely possible for him to acquire these skill sover time. "Jewels are pretty, certainly, but charms will not work to stop the tide of evil from our neighbor," she said, almost gently. This canine did not look as if he'd had an easy time of life; she was quite willing to accept him to Inferni's midst, but she wanted him to understand what he was getting himself into.

"I'm Kaena Lykoi," she repeated, tilting her head to look to the west. "Inferni is in the middle of a war—from looking at you, it would seem you are no stranger to injury. Are you prepared to serve us in times of conflict?" That was the primary thing she needed to know. All else could be thrown aside for the moment; the clan needed soldiers.

[/html]
[html]

"A war, hm?" The silver-tipped mane on his back rose slightly. "I've been in a few squabbles myself, but not an all out brawl. I guess the coyote in me has made me more of a strategist and coordinator." He scratched at the dirt slightly, thinking about his own warfare. Even though he didn't like violence, he knew it was a necessary evil in this world to keep order and respect. His beads chirped together in a calming sound.

"..if you're worried about these, I put them away when stealth is required." He turned slightly to the pack around his body, there was a leather strap across the front of him and around his chest at the elbow, it was decorated with what almost looked like hieroglyphs. There was a pouch attached and inside the larger chest strap was a hidden knife. "I am prepared for battle when needed, although I'll be the first to find the most efficient and least energy-wasting tactic for victory. I've learned it's also safer if such a plan fails."

Alexander was proud of his intelligence, but not to the point of being haughty about it. Flicking his ears around for sounds, he kept his focus on the female in front of him. He did like her, but in a strictly curious way.

The charcoal male lifted his head to the sky as the waning moon passed behind the clouds and back out again. He loved the crisp, clean feeling of the early spring chill. He began to think back as far as he could, but to no avail. His memory was still missing.

OOC:269

[/html]
[html]

368. Welcome! ^__^ If you have questions or anything, feel free to shoot me a PM or hit me up on one of my messengers. Big Grin

The other canine's scars did not seem to lend him a particularly violent nature, leaving a distinct lack of accord between his physical appearance and his apparent nature. This hardly bothered the silver-furred woman; for all of her scars and brutal sort of appearance, she could be rather motherly at times, especially toward the very young. Mason had received her instant attention. The other canine professed to be a strategist of sorts—the hybrid knew these kinds of canines were just as useful as battle-tested soldiers. Anselm was a little of both, but part of the reason he was so valuable to Inferni was his sharp mind and his tactical abilities. "Intelligence is as good as brute strength," she commented.

"And it's good to know you come armed," the hybrid commented, half a smile still dancing on her coal lips. "I think you'll make a good addition to Inferni—we rank newcomers at Tirones. I am the second-in-command, and our leader is Gabriel," she said. It was a quick run-down of the way things were; she would have felt strange unleashing him into the whole of the territory without this knowledge. More importantly, she had to let him know about the danger. "The western border has traps set up along it, and our southwest neighbor, Dahlia de Mai, is our enemy. You would do very well to avoid them for now. If you head to the center of the territory, the caves are there—maybe you'll find someone there to help show you around and get you more settled." The hybrid indicated the direction of the caves with a toss of her muzzle, pointing toward the dead center of the territory for a moment.

Kaena herself had to finish this round of border-patrol, but she was confident that the gray coyote would find someone there, even at this hour. With so many in their midst, he was certain to find at least one familiar face. "And if not, I should be back around later." She offered him a grin, and dipped her head: "Welcome to Inferni." Then she turned and continued on, just a bit less swagger in her step than there had been all the years prior.

<style>
.kae-disorder p {padding:0px 35px 10px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-disorder b {color:#ffffff;}
.kae-disorder {background-color:#40245F; padding-bottom:217px; padding-top:10px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:13px; color:#A376B4; letter-spacing:.1pt; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:14px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

OOC: Thank you! I'll keep filling my profile and keep it updated as I go.