on a need to know
Sosu:393

Firefly had meant to find Ayita shortly after finding out the truth from Amaranth, but between her personal life and the war that was blossoming around her she had never found a moment. She had thought of speaking of Amaranth’s attacker at the pack meeting but thought the better of it. It was not her place to deem what justice would be served to the bastard. Even if she had wanted the pack to go forth and join Inferni’s cause she was not going to weave them a tale of how horrible the man was, they should have already known. It should not have been because what he did to their pack mates but what he did to any creature. She wished she had said something sooner, perhaps her own fate would have fared better if she had.

It was a long and slow process to the cabin that Vigilante had claimed. It had taken her quite some time to even figure out where the cabin was before she was able to even begin to follow it. Her body was still trying to heal from the beating she’d taken but it wasn’t her own wounds that had caused her to turn bitter towards the rest, she had lost the puppies that she had been carrying, the bastard that had thrashed her had even known that she was with pups. It had taken her almost a quarter of a moon to decide to do something about it rather than whimper and whine over what had been lost.

Her steps were heavy as she came to the front of the cabin, she didn’t know what she was going to say or do but she knew that Ayita had to know the truth. She hoped that Amaranth wasn’t there because she didn’t want the girl to think that she was in trouble since Firefly had come to talk to her mother about what had befallen her. She narrowed her eyes at the thought of what her ex-mate had done before she pushed forward again and paused at the edge of the porch before she called out. ”Ayita.. we need to talk.” Her voice was cold thought not towards the woman whose scent clung to the house. She could tell that she was inside; she only hoped that she could hear her raised voice through the walls.
words 266

Ayita sat and was reading she had found some books in Halifax and she was happy. Looking at the pages she smiled as she looked at the sleeping pups. They were growing so fast and she knew it would be a short time before they left her. She flipped the page in her book as she started to think about what her mate was now up too? He had opened his home his heart and all he was to her. She was so grateful for everything he had done.

She looked over again at her pups as she sighed. She was really that bad of a mother. She went over to them laying there on a blanket. Amaranth had been battered bitten and attacked. She hadn't told anyone other then Leroy and Vigi. Even then she had not gone into great detail. She had semi seen this man she had spoke of and she wasn't sure who it was.

Ayita stood back up and walked away from both pups as she stopped hearing a voice. She headed for the door as she saw Firefly. She wasn't sure what she wanted, as she stepped through the thresh hold. She took a deep breath and gave a weak smile. "Hello Firefly its good to see you." She said. She didn't have any ill feelings towards her but Ayita hadn't been up to par. "What would you like to speak to me about? Did I do something or anything you need help with?" she asked kindly she had been crying and she was just having one of those days.
Sosu: 303

Firefly could feel the cold biting into her flesh as she shifted her weight from one side to the other as she heard the sound of movement in the house. She didn’t know if Vigilante was here, honestly she hadn’t even thought to stop and check, but she didn’t care, perhaps it would be better if he heard the news too. She raised her head to the door when Avita stepped out, her eyes glancing past her a moment before she moved closer to the porch as the other woman spoke up.

She shook her head when Ayita questioned her on what she was doing there. She wasn’t exactly certain what she was going to say but she brought her tattered frame up next to where Ayita stood as she hesitated a moment before letting the words escaped her lips. ”No. it’s about Amaranth.” her eyes were troubled as she stuttered her way along. ”a-about what hap-happened to her.” She swallowed hard as she looked away, hating how she was able to sit here speaking to this woman while her own pups were buried in the ground, not even getting a chance to take their first breath of life and know their family.

She shivered as she finally looked back, her eyes dark and troubled as she admitted the truth. ”I know who hurt Amaranth. Sh-she told me..” She knew now that she should have just told the truth in front of the whole pack when they had come to the meeting that Jacquez had called, but she had been fearful of what they would have thought, if they would have believed her. Most of them knew her history with Haku and knew she hated him, they could have thought she was just causing trouble because Jacquez was giving them an excuse to.
words 204

Ayita had by now looked Firefly over. She did not know what happened and almost doubted the woman would tell her but she was hoping to find some answer. She opened the door "Come in." She said before hearing the woman's next words. "Please come in we'll talk in my room." She said. Well it was vigi's too but that was fine.

The pups were in their room asleep and the door was shut to now. "Please Firefly are you ok I understand we made a bad start I'm to blam I was moody and not to nice." She said looking at the woman. She wanted to help her what happened to mara was over and she felt bad enough still.

She walked inside and lead the way to her and vigis room taking a seat she only hoped that she could come to something. She took a few shallow breaths as she looked around. "Firefly I'm no healer or anything but I can help you clean up or something. Well I can also be here as a friend." She said. She lacked those here and lacked knowlage of the area which is why her daughter had gotten hurt. "What did she tell you?"
Firefly felt like she didn’t belong here and in some ways she knew she didn’t. She needed to be back home resting but she had waited too long as it was to speak to Ayita about this matter and she wasn’t going to let it escape a moment longer. She glanced towards Ayita as she decided that they could speak inside. Firefly only nodded and followed the other woman, knowing that she’d already started this and she couldn’t leave it unfinished.

She could tell by her sense of smell where the puppies were and her eyes glanced towards their room as she followed Ayita. Her eyes jerked back as the woman questioned her. Firefly shook her head as she tried to answer. ”Honestly, no. I’m not ok, but there’s nothing that can be done for me now.” There was no way that Ayita could bring back her children and there was no way that Firefly could get to Inferni to speak to Anselm like she needed, at least not for a while. She took her gaze off Ayita when she looked at her and cast her eyes upon the floor as they entered the room.

She settled herself on the floor, her body aching oto much to shift to her optime form and she didn’t need to reopen all her wounds. She raised her eyes back when Ayita spoke of cleaning her up and Firefly just shook her head and frowned slightly. ”They’ve already been tended, they’ve just cracked open from me moving. I’m supposed to be resting.” she didn’t think there was any reason to rest, her puppies had died and she would heal in time. Better it take longer and she remember what she’d caused then heal swiftly and it be forgotten so quickly, not that she believed she could forget what had been lost.

She lowered her gaze again and admitted. ”It’s best you don’t know what happened to me Ayita.. you wouldn’t like the truth.” she left it at that. She knew she needed friends in the pack but she didn’t want to start now, not yet. She’d come here about Amaranth and she was going to keep it to that. She lifted her head and turned her face towards the doorway as she spoke on the subject. ”Amaranth visited me a few weeks ago and she said something funny when I invited her up to come chat. When I pressed her further she told me about when she was attacked. Then she described the beast who did it.” Firefly’s eyes sparkled as she turned back to Ayita, anger raging in those orbs as she asked. ”You didn’t know who it was? You didn’t ask around to see if you could find answers?” she wanted to believe that Ayita had tried, and maybe she had, perhaps she’d asked the wrong people or Amaranth hadn’t told her what Firefly knew.. but Firefly hated knowing the truth, especially right now.
Words 240

Ayita sat and listened to firefly. The woman acted as though she needed help. She wasn't sure why she would need to talk about her daughter. Unless the little girl had done something to upset firefly.Before she had a chance to ask Firely was telling her. "Firefly I know very little about the attack." She said. She looked at the floor wasn't this allowed to be put on the back burner. "She told me something about a big brown man with scary eyes." she said looking at her. "I Have only seen one deep brown colored wolf outside the pack and I never knew his name." She said as she looked at her.

Firefly asked her if she had gone out and asked people. "No do you think I want the pack to think I'm a horrid mother?" She asked snapping a bit then quickly shutting her mouth. "I'm sorry." She said looking away. "I just its hard firefly I've almost lost her twice." she said. "I couldn't believe what I saw that night when I finally found her huddled under a bush. She had such shallow breathing and her tail was bitten ad she was so tender to touch she must have been tossed and beaten a few times." She said. She closed her eyes forcing herself not to cry.

"Please who was it I'll do what ever I have to." She said as she looked at firefly.
Firefly was weary and broken, she didn't know what Ayita expected of her but when the woman spoke Firefly couldn't stop herself from snapping when she revealed all she knew about the man. "It was Haku." she said as her eyes sparked. She glanced towards the door again before she shook her head and growled softly. "I'd know him anywhere and I'd know the sick little games he plays." She glanced at Ayita, worry in her eyes as she added. "Do you know what he did to Svara?" Firefly wouldn't have put it past Haku to go further than he did to the pup, even if it was obvious that she was indeed a child. She shuddered at the thought and looked away.

When Ayita spoke of what she hadn't shared with the rest of the pack Firefly snarled, raising her voice as she spat. "Atleast she is still alive!"[/b[ Her eyes were like flames as she glared at the woman, her voice bitter as she admitted the truth of her appearance. [b]"I was carrying Jacquez's puppies. I lost them because of what Haku's cronies did to me. I probably wouldn't have made it if Haven hadn't arrived. They knew I was with child." Her eyes dulled as she sniffled slightly. "You'd do better to tell your pack next time and not worry what they think of you. Haku doesn't care how protective of a mother you might be, if he wants something, he will get it." She shivered as she spoke, wishing that she hadn't come at all now.
Words 282

Ayita looked at Firefly as she looked at her. She was feeling bad and still fighting with her own feelings. She has not felt so bad in a long time. She looked at her as she wanted to help the woman. She wanted to help her now that she knew. "Firefly I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I didn't know what I should do." She was only digging deeper holes here she'd have to flee back to her home lands at this rate. "I didn't know what to do who to talk to. I haven't been here for long. I don't know who to trust and who not to." She said.

She stood as she changed forms to her wolven state. She was not in the mood to fight with her. "But Now that you have told me who and where I can at least do something." She said as she looked around. "I didn't know Svara well she like you was rather bitter towards me. I've done nothing yet both of you act like I'm the enemy." She said. "I'm a first time mom with little knowledge and fewer friends." She said "Once again I'm sorry for what ever I did to you. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry for a lot for the pups you would have made a great mother to for the damn jerks who attacked you." She said. "I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to say or do Firefly what am I to do other then do what my family taught me to." She said. The sad part was she was raised to protect, fight and rule. She did none of that now.
She shifted her weight uncomfortably. She didn’t need Ayita’s apologies or her emotions. She wanted nothing but the past few days to be erased from her mind. She raised her eyes back up to the other woman as she spoke quietly. ”It doesn’t matter Ayita, it’s in the past now. I can’t bring them back and neither can you.” All she wanted now was to forget that the pups had ever begun to grow in her womb, if she could put it far behind her it wouldn’t hurt as much.

She sighed softly as she shook her head. ”Jac will need to know. It’s obvious that the pack will have little to do with the war, and there are some that shouldn’t, but Jac knows what is at stake and he will find your information useful in some way.” She glanced towards the quiet room where the children slept as she frowned slightly. ”They will need protected, If Haku finds them again he probably won’t be so nice next time.” She lifted her eyes to Ayita as she spoke of friendship and Svara, Firefly winced as she realized that what Ayita said was true. She shifted again as she admitted. ”I don’t like change, and when you admitted that Leroy was the father of your pups you reminded me of what was slowly happening to my friends and my world. I can accept change where it is needed.. but sometimes not when my friends and family are concerned.” she glanced away as she muttered. ”But there’s little left of the small family that began when this pack was formed. We’ve moved on and expanded and though we still claim allegiance to one another we hardly talk at all it seems.” Firefly just wanted her friends back but half were scattered across the sea, a few scattered about the pack she could never return to and those that she could cling to seem to drift further away as they matured. She closed her eyes and sighed, wishing that she could just turn back time to the happier moments in her life.

Firefly lifted her frame from the floor as she glanced towards Ayita and finally agreed to the pleading the woman had hopelessly stated over and over again. ”I can be your friend if you want, but you might regret that someday. I’m prickly, outspoken and I have no fear of speaking what’s on my mind.” Her eyes softened slightly as she admitted. ”But I am loyal to my friends.” She couldn’t exactly say the same for her family, but in her mind her friends were more family than half the ones whos blood she shared. She smiled slightly to the woman as she asked. ”Now what are we going to do about Amaranth…” She knew that once she healed she would go right back to assisting Inferni in the war, she didn’t care if Gabriel wanted her there or not, she’d offered her help and Anselm had accepted it. She just needed to know if Ayita wanted to keep the truth secret still or if she would let it be known to a select few.
Words 170

Ayita pushed the door open to her pups rom slightly just to check on them. "Firefly that reminds me." She said as she looked at the woman. "You have a cat." She stated. "Amaranth has not stopped talking about this Elroy kitty cat." She said with a smile. "She spoke about wanting to go to your house." She said "I thought she was kidding and had just heard your name I'm glad she's making herself known." She said.

She walked past the door. "What do we do about her? We watch her grow. Hope that we can keep her on the right path." She said looking at Firefly. "I told Jac a little bit after the meeting." She said. "I didn't go into great detail but now I'm going to do something." she said. She looked at Firefly.

"I want to help stop that monster." she said. She was determined. "Firefly thank you please stay a little longer I've got extra food laying around. We could talk more." She said.
Firefly flicked her ears forward as she watched Ayita push open the door to the children’s room. She got up, sensing the woman was about to move locations as she spoke. Firefly couldn’t help but grin slightly at the mention of her cat. She nodded her head as she spoke. ”Aye, Elroy likes to play, and cats are strange creatures, they seem to always act as though they are children.” She smiled at the idea and suggested. ”I can try and find her a kitten in the city. I know where one of the colonies live. Perhaps I can find her a kitten of her own.” she said, before adding hastily. ”Not that I mind her coming over if she wants, and you allow her to.” She had promised the girl she could come whenever she wanted and she didn’t want to seem like she was trying to push her away by bringing her a kitten of her own to play with.

When Ayita moved on into another room Firefly followed her as they kept up their constant flow of conversation. She nodded quietly at the words that Ayita spoke before sighing. ”I don’t think she’d ever want to tread the same path as that beast, if there ever was a thought in her head once…” She knew the girl was much too young to even think of good and evil yet but sometimes she wondered if it was bad genetics and breeding that sometimes brought about these bad eggs.

She hurried and pushed that thought away as she glanced back to Ayita when she admitted that’s she’d spoken to Jac about it. ”Good, I think that he will make certain that things fair better for Amaranth now.” She hesitated before adding. ”You might consider Haven as well. I don’t think he would ever throw himself into this war as Jac and I are set to do, but he will protect her here, and it’s better he knows.” She shifted as she thought for a second before continuing. ”Perhaps not the whole story, but what matters.” She didn’t think that Haven would think Ayita a bad mother, but if Ayita wanted to keep some things quiet for that fear she wouldn’t push it.

Firefly was somewhat startled when Ayita decided that she wanted to help stop Haku. She was quiet a moment before she spoke. ”I’ve been running information to Inferni about what has been going on in Dahlia de Mai.. I don’t know what else we could be good for.” She thought a second before adding. ”Perhaps you could offer to help tend the wounded.” Firefly didn’t want to force Ayita to think about what she was saying but she had her own children to think of, Firefly had already lost her three and she didn’t want to see pups lose their mother, it was hard enough to lose children, muchless the other way around.

She nodded as the woman offered her to stay a while. She had nothing else to do and she figured that Amaranth might like to talk when she woke up anyways. She smiled shyly and admitted. ”That would be nice.” She would have to watch herself before everyone started to think she was going soft, but right now she didn’t give a damn.
words 229

Ayita had been listening and was glad for once to be on the young females good side. She never really thought that they could be in the same length of time before getting into a bitch fight. Looking at the woman again she smiled her childeren were special to her and she could see that firefly had taken a slight liking to her daughter.

looking at the counter she sighed knowing she'd have to go and shift. changing smothing she looked at the counter trying to remember where she put all her extra stuff. Rumaging around in a bread box she had found in halifax she pulled out a peice of meat wrapped in cloth. "Amaranth would prolly like that but I'd have to ask Vigi this is his home and he well might not like that. Though you know what" She said looking at her. "Maybe when Amaranth first shifts you could give it to her as a milestone gift." She said. "She idolizes you." she said.

Ayita cut up some of it and thought about cutting some up for the pups because they would be awake soon. "So amaranth really wasn't that much trouble right?" she asked. "I'm not very good at tending to wounds I wasn't raised to be a healer. Though I'm not fantastic at what I was raised to do either." She said sighing.
"Mama ma...ma..." Amaranth whined as she squirmed out of the covers that held her in there little bed. She cried as she kicked looking around still in a daze from the nightmare she had been having. She hadn't been having them for a while she coun't figure out what was causing them now. Looking around she growled at her still sleeping brother. looking at her door she walked over to it pushing it open. "mommy" She whined

Walking over she looked at her mother and then saw Firefly. "Mommy why didn't you come wake me up." she said growling. As she saw her mother bend down and pat her. "I'm sorry Amaranth you were sleeping soundly." Ayita said as she went to stand up only to feel her daughters teeth dig into her hand. "No I wasnt." She said releasing. "I wasn't sleeping soundly I hate naps and you telling me what I was doing." She growled.

"Amaranth enough." Ayita replied as she looked at Firefly. "Why down you stop being rude and say hello." She said as she looked at her daughter. Amaranth looked at firefly as she went over to her. "Are you ok?" She asked as she looked her over.
Firefly smiled slightly as she watched Ayita go about preparing the meat. She flicked her ears back slightly as she chuckled at Ayita’s thoughts on getting Amaranth a kitten. There was humor in her voice as she added.”It seems most males have conflicting thoughts on felines.” She wasn’t sure why but Jacquez had held little love for Elroy either. She though the two were quite the pair in their ways, but perhaps that was just it, they were too much alike, the fear of competition must have gotten to Jac, even if competition was a pintsized feline. She grinned at the idea and nodded softly at Ayita’s words. ”I think that could be a good idea…” She didn’t have an answer for the last words Ayita said, she wasn’t certain why so many of the younger wolves had an attachment to her and after what had happened to Svara she wasn’t for certain it was a fine idea. She wasn’t always the best on keeping an eye on her friends and making certain that they were always fine. It was hard enough as it was keeping track of her own life.

Firefly shook her head as Ayita asked about Amaranth. ”No, she was fine. She played with Elroy mostly and we just talked. She seems a bit lonely, maybe it would be a good idea to see if you can talk Jontae into letting her tag after her too.” She thought that Jontae was probably the closest to her age in the youngsters of the pack but she wasn’t certain. She didn’t mind Amaranth being about but she thought perhaps the girl might like someone around her own age. She wondered at that just where Jontae had been of lately anyways.

Her thoughts had been interrupted when Ayita went on about her healing skills and what she was raised to be skilled in. Firefly glanced at her as she asked, ”Just what were you raised to?” her words interrupted by Amarath’s sudden appearance and her complaints. She smiled slightly as she listened to the banter between mother and daughter until they seemed to settle everything and Amaranth finally come over to see how she was doing. Firefly nodded to Amaranth as she winced slightly at her question. ”I’m better than I was. How are you doing?” she asked.
Ayita was glad to hear that her daughter was at least well behaved for Firefly now if only she could get her daughter to behave for her. Looking at the pup who had now strayed over to Firefly she sighed. What was she going to do with her ever growing handfuls. They were going to be four months soon and they were already out going and vanishing on her by the time they were all grown up she'd never see them.

Ayita brought over food and some thin scraps for her daughter. They ate meat but she wanted to make it as easy as possible to eat it for a while. Her blue eyes watched her daughter as she spoke with Firefly like they had known each other for years. She was soon send the pup off to be in her room but for now she'd let her daughter talk and enjoy herself.
Amaranth smiled as Firefly spoke. She enjoyed talking with adults, especially Firefly who talked to her she was so glad. Her bright lilac eyes looked at the woman. "I'm glad you fine" she said. though she didn't look very fine. "Me I'm well. My tail doesn't hurt really anymore." She said as she looked at her. She wagged her tail, all was better now.

"Are you here to get mommy to stop that man?" She asked as she looked at firefly. "Mommy and you can stop him right?" She asked. She was positive both women could do it.
Firefly thanked Ayita when she brought the meat over to the table. She waved off Amaranth’s talk of how Firefly herself was feleing. She knew she looked like hell but she had to assure her that she was indeed better than she had been, it was true at least. Her eyes were bright, a different tone from the previous, the lose of her children forgotten briefly as she watched Amaranth showing them how her tail was better. Firefly smiled slightly as she nodded. ”Good, perhaps if Elroy forgets himself next time you play he won’t feel so bad.” She knew that the small cat had sulked after realizing that he had hurt the little girl. He had been so excited for having someone his size to play with that he’d forgotten that she’d been injured not to long before, if he’d even been paying attention to what Firefly and her had been talking about in the first place.

Firefly glanced towards Ayita when Amaranth challenged what she was there for. She hesitated a moment before finally speaking. ”I was here to talk to your mother about what happened, yes.” She really didn’t know how to tell Amaranth that she doubted two woman would be able to told their own against the bastard for long. She should know, she’d lived with him long enough. She glanced towards Ayita as she straightened slightly. ”We’ll do everything we can to see that he is taken care of.” She knew that she would go to Gabriel and speak to him of the truth of it all. She believed that the clan could bring down the monster, he had hurt them enough. She smiled at the idea sadly as she nodded. ”Yes, sooner or later he will be taken care of.” She never made a real promise to be the one to take care of him, but she would do everything it took to make sure someone found a way to make him meet his end. It was time and then some he was sent to the grave.
Going to sligh PP Amara instead of making a pointless post.

Ayita watched her daughter talk and then eat. She wasn't going to let the child stay in the room much longer she wanted to finish talking to Firefly. Adult to Adult. looking at her daughter not even finish the small amount she looked at her. "Why don't you go and see if you can aroused your brother." She said looking at the girl. "Go on now and stay in your room." She said as she returned her attention to Firefly.

She wasn't about to start the conversation until she was sure that her daughter wasn't snooping. Tilting her head back to the hallway she noticed Amaranth still looking. "Now." Ayita said as the girl finally went in. "Now firefly what was it you wanted to ask?" Ayita said. "I'm sorry but I really didn't catch the question before Amaranth appeared.

She looked at the remaining scraps on her daughters plate and ate them she was quite hungry not really eating a lot had been a big problem this past week. Not like she looked bad off she just wasn't that hungry.
Firefly was quiet as she watched the battle between mother and daughter. She watched as Amaranth tried to sneak around the corner just out of sight to head what was being discussed but Ayita was wise enough to know her tricks by now. Firefly couldn't help the smile that lingered on her lips as she watched the girl finally plop down the hall and into her shared bedroom with her brother. She turned her eyes back to Ayita as the woman finally asked what had been on her mind.

Firefly shifted her weight a bit as she lifted her gaze back up to Ayita's. "I asked just what your skills were.." If the woman hadn't been taught to heal there had to be something else she was good at. Firefly knew herself she wasn't good at much but a smooth tongue and striking looks. She hadn't really applied herself to much outside healing but she hadn't even taken up the skill in either of the pack's she'd belonged to either. She nosed a bit of the meat about her plate as she waited for an answer.
So so very sorry dear for the wait I've been so sick

IC

Ayita was once again glad to be alone with Firefly. Her daughter was one that had always been making intrusions though the girl had became slightly more behaved. Looking at firefly with her crystal blue eyes she smiled listening to the question. "Oh well I was taught to fight. I'm not very amazing at it I don't have a large build but I can fight." She said sitting herself down.

She was a female a very elegant female. She had been raised to take over a pack yet defend it to the death. Her family were the leaders yet at the same time the first defense. "My brother was always much better at it then I he was older bigger and much more muscular then I." she said looking at Firefly.