Long Way Off
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

There would be no doubt now that Zyn craved adventure. And in her mind, she was the true Wanderer, leaving behind a home in search of what new things lie beyond the Valley borders. But, let one not make the mistake of calling her deserter, for by no means was she. There was simply a hole in her being that the Valley could not fill, but the open lands seemed to do just fine. It was a rush of never ending excitement to venture to parts unknown, see new lands and absorb what she could, whether good or bad.

It was however, not the smartest idea on part of the female to tread so far in the middle of winter. Yes, she had lived in the frigid terrain, learned to find warmth when there seemed to be none, but she had not done so for so long. And there lied her dilemma. It had been nearly two weeks since her depart from the Valley, two weeks from her hole in the ground nice and warm and unaffected by the harsh elements. She was forced to live in the open for this spell, vulnerable to the bracing cold and near fatigue with her belly empty and her limbs straining to keep her moving. But her quest for the unknown would not falter under these petty difficulties, but they were bound to be the death of her. Realization only made her smile but still she scolded herself for her idiocy. She needed shelter fairly soon less she wanted to be one of the few stupid wolves left to freeze under a blanket of ice.

Despite the ache of her joints, she pressed on, determined to make a destination for herself, even if it was a small hole or something of the like. But as she crossed over sticks and stones, the barren land of ice suddenly peppered with resilient foliage, there was hope. In triumph she howled to the clear air and raced for the hills, their slopes carrying her as gravity took the burden of her weight from her worn pads and drew her along a subtly indented path. The air was unfamiliar here though the lupine scent was heavy. A minor clan, perhaps, seeking shelter in these free lands until the elements were more catering to travel in groups. It was a break for her, a fortuitous one at that, for in her eyes she saw the make of human structures constructed with brick and flat pieces of wood. Zynex cried again in relief, her four paws pounding the snow as she darted toward the growing buildings. Finally…a place to rest.

Words: 441

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 527

The woman spent the next few days assessing the house she had chosen, making a mental list of all the repairs they would have to do, and she realized she might end up overwhelming herself with the project. Raskolnikov said he would help and she believed him. She would need him for the grunt work throughout the house. The door was broken but it did the job for now, she just had to be careful when she went in and out. The cabinets on the inside needed some work in addition to the broken stairs that led to the second floor. She thought she had everything in her mind to repair and go from there. She would first search this small Amish city for things she could use to repair the house and then go to the city if she had to.

There was a heat stove in the small living room that led to a contraption upstairs, helping heat the bedrooms. The heat stove in the kitchen had a similar hook up that combined with the one in the living room. Both were going, though she was not cooking anything, but she needed to keep a little heat in the house to fight off the cold escaping inside from the outside world. There was only a limited supply of wood on the inside of the house but she remembered something on the outside. The woman spent time searching through the left over clothes from the humans before them and found a thin coat that fit a large man. As an Italian wolf, she was on the smaller side of the werewolf scale but the coat fit nicely. It was a bit large but nothing she could not deal with.

She tucked it around her body, carefully opened the front door and despite her gentle touch, still swung open as if she had been angry and kicked it in. The wind was rough and she was thankful to have a semi-warm house to return to after gathering wood by the back of the house. Beneath the snow, there was an old hide with hoops as handle, big enough to carry six or seven pieces of wood. The pile was significantly low and she decided to try and send her mate out to gather some if they found the tools. She put as much as she could in the carrying case and a few under her arm, making her way back to the front of the house as she heard a call ringing through the air. Sonja felt a little worried but did nothing except move around the house as efficiently as she could.

Reaching the front of the house was when she saw the four legged form of a wolf walking down the snow covered beaten road. Her bright blue eyes narrowed to get a better look, dropping the pieces of wood on the porch and turning to watch. Her jaws parted to greet the other, a loud barking ringing out and found it the safest and easiest way to get her attention inside of trying to slaughter the English language or confuse someone with her Italian.

<style>
.sonja-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sonja-A01 b {color:#70B4B5;}
.sonja-A01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sonja-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sonja-A01 {background-color:#32696A; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/sonjatable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

Only a single word repeated in the she-wolf mind; refuge. And it grew in volume as the scattered homes along the path became clearly visible against the snow and hibernating plant. Finally. The dame was able to breathe a genuine sigh of relief, despite her fatigue and wear. And for a moment, she paused, collecting her thoughts as they jumbled about and called forth her body to change. A tedious altering of her form as it may have been, it was now a favored embodiment of herself when taking note of a new place. Her scaling height allowed for much to be seen and absorbed. Nothing escaped her sharp metallic eyes and everything was looked upon in splendor.

She was hasty in her ascent to her feet, having grounded herself better now to do so with practice. And it was in taking this form that she noticed a dark form in the front of a home. A sound bark perked her ears and for a moment, Zynex was unsure if the creature was addressing her. She turned rather stupidly to see if another was behind her but was met only with her paw steps and the white of winter. She turned back to the dark image. Indeed she was being called and lured, she drew closer to the home.

“Hello,” she offered in casual greeting, slender digits clasped behind her back nervously in her advance. Slender receptors danced atop her head anxiously, expecting something out of the ordinary to transpire and take her by surprise. It was not everyday she was beaconed liked this, especially in a foreign land.

Words: 266

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 324

It was strange, the woman thought, that when she barked the other started to shift into an upright Optime form and she had the silly idea she had the power to make wolves shift. Her head shook slightly when she did manage to have the attention of the other and a smile formed on the Italian's face. "Ciao," she said easily without so much a second thought. Sometimes it was difficult communicating with Raskolnikov because he did not know Italian extensively but he was able to catch on because he was great with French. The two were different but similar in ways for him to catch on. And if he slipped up and spoke in French, she could catch on easily. However, when he spoke in Russian, she was often times left clueless and in the dark.

A second later, she turned to look behind her but Raskolnikov was not yet back and she turned to face her new partner. "Non ho incontrato..." she started and realized she was in a land that might not know this language as well as English. English was difficult for her to grasp and she struggled to find the words in time to make her look less like a fool. Sonja's head leaned back slightly as she tried to gather them together. "I have not meet many wolves here," she said and smiled wide to make up for what little she knew. Her parents were not great with English, her mother better than her father, but there was no real need for it in Italy and teaching their children was not a priority. There were few English speaking wolves in the area, either, and she just had not been exposed enough. If there were one language she would try to learn, it would be Russian in order to better communicate with her love.

"My name is Sonja," she said with a thick accent, her voice hesitant with uncertainty.

<style>
.sonja-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sonja-A01 {background-color:#32696A; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/sonjatable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Well, this was different. The obsidian female had an interest voice, laden with something the russet couldn’t place. It was outstanding, unique and pique the ears to stand erect. This was…new. “Hello..?” She tried again, eyes squinting in concentration as if willing her word to be translated. But it was to no avail. The female continued on in this strange language with ease pausing for a moment. Perhaps it was the confusion on taller female’s face that gave away her misunderstanding and called the obsidian dame’s voice to fade.

But then, spoken was a language she understood. Again her receptors accepted the sound, mind registering it as familiar and understanding enveloped her features. “I see,” she replied, doing her best not to seem too off put by the female’s accent for it was unfamiliar. The only accent she could point out confidently was that of her mother and sister; the German language engraved in their minds since they were cubs and taught by the elders. Though the tongue never stuck with her, Zynex understood it well. But, this was something far different, more fluid to her ears even if what was spoken was brief.

The female named herself and accordingly, the older she-wolf bowed. “My name is Zynex.” She offered a gentle smile in acquaintance. “I’m sorry if I’m trespassing…um,” perhaps another word or phrase. “Stepping onto your land?”

Words: 229

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 325

On her way over from Europe, she ran into many wolves on the ships and on their travel north that did not understand her and more times than not, Raskolnikov had to take over the conversation and speak for her. She could have a basic conversation, broken and blurry and often times incorrect, but at least she could get some words out. When she heard the words, however, she was at a loss and a couple of the words Zynex said caused no stimulation in her mind that gave her a match to an Italian word. Her eyes narrowed slightly in thought and searched her mind up and down until she came to the conclusion she was already confused.

When she came up empty handed, she focused on the other words to piece together the meaning. Sorry and lands might have been enough and she just smiled with a bit of a shrug. "I just live here," she said, though it was not what she meant. She only moved in a few days ago and was still adjusting to a more barbarian sort of lifestyle, though she was making the most of it. "Mio marito... my uhm," she began and struggled, wishing she would have tried a little harder to learn more but had become stubborn and attached to her home and native tongue. "My love," she decided to go with, filling in a similar word she knew but felt it was not correct, "we just move here from Europa."

The young woman smiled a little more and tried to keep it on her features to remain friendly. "Freddo," she said with a movement of her hands across her arms to indicate the weather and her head turned toward her house. "In?" she asked and smiled, inviting the woman inside where it was warm and she could get a chance to meet someone of these lands even if there was a language barrier between them.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

It was like a game of sorts and Zynex was doing poorly at it. The words she uttered were not grasped, this evident by the confusion on the younger female’s face. And though she sought to grasp more from her arsenal, there was the distinct dawning that it would do her now good.

The thought of rousing another language struck her. The obsidian dame had mentioned Europa from what the russet could deduce was Europe. The distant continent from whence her clan had come from. Perhaps German was understood by their foreign speaker. But despite her hope, she kept silent the older language and stuck instead with gesture. Directed into the home, Zynex but nodded, offering a smile of good will and walked into the warmer structure. A lovely break from the bitter cold. The traveler sighed contently, raising a hand to run through the lengthened coarse locks and shook free the snow that clung to it.

She did her best to keep the air between them light, offering a small smile here and there as she inspected the sizeable home and inching wherever it was warmer. The home was larger than the ranch homes she had seen back in the Valley, just enough for two as her hostess had dictated, perhaps more if that was their furture intention. But in it, she did not see the ‘love’ of whom Sonja spoke of. “Where is…um marito?”

Words: 239

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 552

The other complied well enough and Sonja smiled. She was not sure the other understood what she said (Sonja was not entirely sure she understood what she said herself). She hoped Raskolnikov would be up to teaching her a little bit more English so she could start to catch up on what everyone around her way sayings. There was a thick barrier between her and this woman, Zynex, and herself. She did not want anything to separate her and anyone else that could potentially make friends with. Sonja was a friendly and outgoing girl and looked for the good in everyone. She had yet to experience the bad things in life to through her overly friendly view of everyone and everything.

Sonja turned, gripped the cloth that held the few pieces of fire wood in place so she could use for the heat stoves. She waded through the snow covered ground in front of her new friend, directing her into the house. The door was cracked and she frowned, hoping the rest of the heat from the house was not gone from this mistake. She moved over the the store in the main living quarters while the other shook the dusting of snow she acquired on her form. She placed the fire wood next to the stove and knelt down, picking through it and putting three pieces in one right after the other. She used a dark poker to move it around so the embers could start eating away at the fresh cold wood, forming a small fire that filtered smoke and heat up through the pipping to warm the rest of the house.

"We were good to find good house," she said and looked around. "It need work but we do it," she said and smiled, standing back up with the carrying case in hand just as the other questioned about her husband. It was cute with how she used the Italian word and her smile widened on her face, her blue eyes bright with the eagerness the other showed. "Inside uhm... city," she said and turned to look out the window, pointing toward the more middle of the village. "We fixing up house," she added though she was not sure how to explain they were in need of materials to work on it. A hammer, nails, other pieces of wood. Clothes and fabrics and everything in between that the house lacked.

Sonja lifted the carrying case and turned toward the kitchen where another stove was. It was more for cooking but it also helped heat up the building. "How long you live here?" she asked, calling from the other room. She knelt down again and pushed the pieces of fire wood into the stove, shaking them around with a black poker that was leaning up against the wall behind it. When the fire caught up against the wood, she lifted herself up and back into the living quarters. She folded the case neatly and put it by the door, peaking outside the class to see if Raskolnikov was on his way back. "I do not know when he will return," she said, a little stiff, and her accent thick and she was not entirely sure she said the right thing. She smiled though, and turned to face the other woman.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The barrier might have been thick, but it was not so much of a struggle to make due with gestures. Politely, the female excused herself from the path of her obsidian host, settling down near the door as she allowed her gracious host to warm the home. Sizable as it was, the she-wolf imagined it was a chore to keep it warm in these frigid times. It was simpler with a den or some kind of enclosure fit for oneself, but to each their own preferences. None the less, this home was impressive by the crimson’s standers.

An ear followed Sonja’s voice, gathering the thick accent as she explained her situation. It was commendable that the dame tried for conversation, and Zynex was inclined to do her best to carry on. It brought her joy to know that her attempt was looked upon positively. Her face mirrored just as broad of a smile as Sonja’s. The russet hadn’t and idea what a ‘city’ was, but when directed toward the common of the village, she could guess what the girl had meant. She nodded in understanding. “I see.”

The distant voice rounded the female’s head from the window toward the interior of the home again. Her ears fell against her head in a show of embarrassment, her mind temporarily distracted with wonder for what lied within this hidden village. It took a moment to retrieve a cognitive response…her mind was so far off in a different direction, the she-wolf found herself chuckling at her lack of an answer for something simple. “I…I’ve been here for near two seasons,” she tried, having searched for another way to explain to length of time. “Not long at all. How long you live here…from…Europe?” She assumed it couldn't have been very long.

Words: 298

[/html]