steel and glass
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> Private for Ruri! <3 500 words.

Though she should have been more careful and cautious with the war raging to the north, Princess was not even thinking about it as she travelled between her pack and Haven’s pack. It was not a very far distance, and she doubted she would be in any danger, considering the distance between Dahlia’s pack lands and her own, and the knowledge that Inferni was even further north than Dahlia was. She had never actually been to Inferni’s territory, and she had temporarily put her attempts on hold. Even if Crimson Dreams happened to be staying neutral in the war, it seemed like it would be even more stupid to attempt to go to Inferni when they were at war with wolves. Everyone told her that the coyotes would rip apart a wolf if given the chance, and that was surely going to be more risky when there was war in the air. Princess might be stubborn and, admittedly, a bit stupid, but she was not suicidal.

It did not even occur to her that she should not walk right into the territory of Cour des Miracles, as it would not be the first time she had done so, and she assumed that she had permission. Haven had brought her back to his house, and she had also visited before. If the Dreamer was not supposed to be there, then she felt like someone would have told her already. When she had shown up unannounced after visiting with her mother, Haven had not told her she should not be there. Thus far, no one had told her she was not allowed in the pack’s territory, even if Haven was the only one that she knew. She was very much aware of the fact that trespassing was generally not a good idea, but she did not think it really applied to her now. Just as any pack member would, Princess felt she had every right to be in the territory without questioning, even if she was not technically a member. She was close enough, right?

Pausing beside a tree, Princess stopped to adjust the white halter dress as it sat on her body. It had become one of her preferred dresses, possibly because of the similarity to the snow. The cold and the snow did not bother her, and she felt that white was a very pretty color on her. It did not fit her, technically, according to the human definition of white dresses and their meaning, but such things were unknown and unimportant to the young woman. She looked around, unsure of which direction she should be walking in. The snow was affecting her ability to smell the direction of his house, and she was not actually aware of the layout of the pack’s territory, considering she did not go there often. “It should not be all that far from here,” she muttered to herself, running her index finger’s nail across her bottom lip as she thought, brow furrowed in confusion.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

ooc...

Cashmere sleeves warmed the slender arms of the Cour des Miracles woman as she busied herself outside her small home. As always, little Soleil, her feline companion followed her every action, whether from a spot atop the roof, or the porch railing, or on the ground. The growing, furry kitten took great pleasure in observing his two-legged companion from several angles. Ruri, for now, took little notice of the feline. The lautari was absorbed in her current task of brushing the snow away from and off of her front porch steps. Rather than risk dirtying up her cashmere tunic, Ruri chose to stay standing and instead kick the snow off of her steps with her dainty footpaws. Her plan worked well and in no time her front steps were cleared of the snow.

About that time, the wind shifted, bringing with it different scents from the land's inhabitants. However, one scent immediately caught the Dauphine's attention. She did not know it. Of course, there were many pack members she had yet to meet in person, but she knew the scent of everyone who lived in the pack. She had just met them all at the pack meeting the other day. This scent had not been part of that group. For a moment, the border collie pondered what to do. She could easily call for Heath, or Haven, or one of the other members to investigate this stranger, but she was so close. The blind woman's sensitive nose had indeed detected the feminine aspect of the scent, which made her far less worried. Perhaps she would simply go and investigate herself. After all, this individual had already ventured so far into the lands of Cour des Miracles, surely they were looking for someone."Soleil, stay here. I'll be back," Ruri instructed, to the flaming orange kitten that had leapt down from the roof to rub against her leg. The small cat mewed, seemingly understanding that she wanted him to remain at the cabin. So, with her instructions to her cat, the petite optime strode forth down one of her many pathways, taking the most direct route towards this stranger. She was a pack leader, this was part of her job. Jac believed she could do this. Why then did this seem so unnerving?

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> 580 words.

It was not pleasing to her to know that she was not able to find Haven’s house with the scents all muffled by the presence of snow on the ground. She had found it just a few days ago (well, it was actually a bit more than a few days, almost a month in fact)! Why couldn’t she find it now, when she wanted to see him under happier circumstances than the last time she had seen him. Princess did not know what they could do today, but she did want to see him, if she could and it was not too late by the time that she finally found his house. Sleeping over at his house was nice, but she did not have any other clothing with her and she certainly did not want Haven to see her wear the same dress two days in a row, that would be ridiculous. She was far too prim and proper to let the boy she liked see her wear clothes that were technically dirty. Clothes did not need to be washed every time they were worn, but there was no need to admit such a thing. Certainly, Haven would not mind, but she still did not appreciate the idea of letting him see her go for two whole days in one dress alone.

If she could find his house soon, then, she would visit him today. It was getting later in the day, though by no means could it really be considered “late.” Even if she was not terribly concerned for her own safety in regards to the war raging to the north, she knew that there really was danger out there, and roaming around in the dark probably would not be a good idea. She definitely had a knack for getting into some form of trouble or another, and she doubted there would always be someone to help her out of sticky situations. On top of all this, she did not think Haven would like her wandering much during the war, as she could only guess that his pack knew about it by now, as well. Even if she did not want to be told what to do—ever—it was nice to know that she was worried about. Now that her brother was gone, she was a bit more okay with the idea that Haven worried about her. If there were not two people worried about her and a wide variety of individuals telling her what she should or should not do, then she was a bit more okay with and receptive to the idea.

Golden eyes searched the surrounding area, hoping that there would be some sign of direction she should take, but she could not see anything immediately. The last time she had come to see Haven, she had been far too distraught to remember which direction it was that she was moving in. There were just too many different directions she could go in, and she could hardly even imagine where she should start. If only she were more attentive to detail! Then, she would be able to pick up the scent beneath the snow to find him. A sound startled her out of her thoughts, and Princess whipped around sharply, obviously startled by the other girl’s presence. ”Who are you?” she asked, not unkindly but a bit defensively. She did not want to get into trouble for going to see Haven, and hoped she wouldn’t.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the short post, just wanted to get a reply up before my muse went back to sleep

It did not take long for the Dauphine to find the stranger she was seeking. In fact, the stranger found her, more or less. They had both been rounding a corner when all of the sudden the stranger spoke first, leading Ruri to jump in surprise. Scolding herself inwardly for not paying closer attention, the blind woman collected herself before replying. "I'm Ruri Aceline, Dauphine and Lautari of Cour des Miracles. Not to be rude, but you're trespassing. Are you looking for someone?" Her inquiry was justified, for she wanted this other girl to give her a good reason for her trespass. The ivory and silver female was not one to be mean, or rude to others, but Jac would want her to be firm about enforcing the pack's rules. She was second in command after all. So, if this stranger gave a good reason for venturing so far in the pack lands, Ruri would understand and warn the woman to be more mindful next time.

As she awaited the stranger's explanation, the lautari absentmindedly flipped her long hair back over her shoulder. Her startled jump had displaced some of the long silvery strands and the lautari was returning them to their correct position. Even this action was purely out of habit, for she could not see her hair to tell how it looked. It had always just seemed better to have it all hanging down her back, out of her way.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> 500+ words. No worries. =D

The words the other spoke were not ones she understood - Dauphine and Lautari? - but she nodded politely, mouth set in a firm line. She had not ever worried about this happening, and it was actually surprising to her that it had in the first place. Princess had simply felt she had the right to be there, so it never really seemed like she would get in trouble for being there. Haven had never told her not to come into the pack lands without him, but an inner voice whispered in her ear, You should know the rules by now, and he shouldn't have had to tell you. She brushed away the thought, dismissing it quickly. There was no need for such thoughts, and again, Princess' face took on its defensive expression. She did not like being accused of trespassing. In some way, shape, or form, she had every right to be there! Maybe not in that specific place, but it was on the way to Haven's house. At least, she thought it was. It was possible she was far off course.

Turning her options around her brain, Princess fought against the urge to lie to the collie girl. She could have easily said she was a brand new member, or that someone had invited her, but she did not want to lie. She did not want to be her mother, not at all. Tokyo would have lied, but Princess was not going to. Time had allowed her to change, and though she still felt urges for the way she used to behave, there was no going back now. She had too many things going for her right now, even if her life was also full of absurd amounts of drama and tears as of late. She did not want to give in anymore, and she wanted to be better. Lying to a member of Haven's pack was absolutely not going to get her anywhere. If a different leader had found her, things would be going differently, for sure. She did not know of the leadership at all, but if she had, she would have hoped Jacquez to be the one to find her. He liked pretty faces; she was a pretty face, and he would have probably let her go to see Haven immediately.

She had been presented with a girl, maybe a little older or younger than her but certainly not by much, and Princess was unaware of the girl's standing within the pack. It had been easy to figure out that Haven had a higher rank, right? Nobody would let just anybody be a Knight, so he had to be trusted and higher up in the hierarchy. "I'm Princess, a, well, friend of Haven's, if you know him. Princess Chance," she added as a proper introduction. She did not know if Haven would have mentioned her to anyone, and she would not have blamed him if he didn't. Really, she kept their situation quiet, as well, not finding the need to broadcast it to anyone who would listen anymore.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Gosh again with the short posts. What is wrong with you muse?! Normally I can rattle off a 400+ post with no effort. Writing gods, why have you forsaken me!!!!???

Milky blue eyes were directed towards the sound of the woman's voice, intending to land somewhere in the general vicinity of eye-contact but with little likelihood of that happening. As the stranger's explanation left her lips, the blind girl's lips curved in a gleeful grin."So you're, Princess? Haven told me about you. It's very nice to meet you," she replied, folding her arms in front of her to keep warm. Her grey cashmere tunic was doing a fine job of warming the parts of her body that it covered, but her exposed hands were beginning to sting with the chill of winter so she was attempting to warm them up again. "I'm a friend of Haven's. He helped save my life when I first met him, before our pack was formed. Are you looking for him?" she questioned, half-folded ears perked and head cocked sideways curiously. "I can take you to his house if you'd like. It's not a very long way," her nightingale's voice offered, wanting to be a good friend to Haven by being friendly to his girl-friend. Of course, it was in her nature to be friendly anyway, but adding a reason to it never hurt.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> 500+ words. No worries, short posts are fine. No need to try and match or anything! =D

There was something about the girl's eyesthat spooked her, but she did not know what it was. Princess had never been exposed to anyone that was blind, and her mother had always been so determined to force her into her views of perfection. There was really no way for her to know why the milky blue eyes unnerved her so, but as she did not want to offend Ruri by staring, Princess was trying to hide her reaction. Of course, she did not know that the Dauphine would not be able to see her staring, but she was not wanting to offend her. She only wanted to be viewed highly by the members of Haven's pack, since she really thought there was something between them. It was confusing, but it was there, the shred of light she seemed to always have, no matter what else happened to her. Haven would be there for her always, she knew and trusted, but she wanted his pack to like her, as well. It was important.

For some reason, it came as a surprise to her that Haven had told the collie girl about her. There were a lot of things he could have told her, especially if they were close friends, and she did not know how much Haven had told anyone about her, let alone Ruri. As far as she knew, Mati was the only one around who knew the extent of their relationship in the immediate area. Her absent brother knew, and her mother knew that she had found a guy, but Princess had been careful to omit his name from their conversation, or rather, their fight. "He did? What did he tell you?" she asked, careful to keep her tone neutral, as if it didn't really matter at all if he had told her everything. It did not seem like Ruri thought poorly of her, and it seemed like most people did not approve of relationships that started in the way that theirs did. That either meant that she did not think it terrible for them to have met that way, or Haven had not told her as much. Either one would be good for her, but she was not very happy with the idea of not knowing what people said about her. . . Especially Haven.

She smiled, giving a small nod at Ruri's explanation of their friendship. "Yeah, he does that," she mused, referring to the fact that Haven had saved her. It was a specialty of his, considering his Knightship. In a way, maybe he had saved her, too. Princess really did not know what she would have done in the days following her brother's departure and finding out about Tokyo's pregnancy if she did not have Haven to turn to. It was entirely possible that she would have gone down the route of self-destruction. Maybe he had saved her before then, too. She just wasn't sure how, exactly. "No, it's fine. I really only have a little while to be here, and I don't mind staying and talking to you. . . I'd like to know his friends." That would be important, just incase something really did happen for them. She hoped it would. "You look cold, though, do you want to go inside or something?" Princess had a very petite frame, but she supposed that wolves were more accustomed to cold than dogs or dog mixes were, which she assumed Ruri to be. Her fur pattern was common in wolves.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

ooc...

With Princess' inquiry, the silver and ivory Border collie shifted in place slightly, moving her foot-paws from their current spot in the snow. Her thoughts travelled back to that day a few weeks ago when Haven had come to visit her when she was confined to her house because of her injury. She had asked Haven what had been going on and he had told her he had met a girl. She hadn't really pressed him for much information after that, for which she was almost thankful. If she had she would now be facing a dilemma about how much or how little to tell Princess. While the lautari did not wish to be secretive, she also did not want to reveal anything that her friend might have wanted to stay private. Of course, seeing as he had not said anything of that kind Ruri was able to comfortably reply, "He did not tell me much, only that he had met you. I think that was about it." As her words left her mouth, the water in her breathe condensed into a foggy vapor, making it appear like she was breathing smoke.

Half-folded collie ears perked up in interest at the Dreamer's comment about Haven's tendency to save lives. While she did not know the extent of Haven's relationship to this girl, she could only guess that they were quite close friends already. The delicate lautari's sensitive ears could hear the sincerity in the other woman's words. It was in Ruri's nature to look out for her friends, and after what had happened with Siobhan the blind woman was subconsciously analyzing Princess. She had told Haven that he would find true love, and she was going to do her best to make sure he didn't get taken advantage of again. However, for all Ruri consciously knew she was just getting to know Princess. She wanted to be her friend.

By now Ruri's hands had sufficiently warmed up again and she had unfolded her arms, but just as she did so Princess asked her if she was cold. Ruri gave an embarrassed smile and a small giggle, shifting in her place a bit. She had no idea how people could always tell when she was cold. Since she could not see herself folding her hands, or moving her feet to keep them warm the thought did not occur to her that she was giving blatant visual cues. These were things that a blind person did not think of. When her timidity finally faded Ruri responded,"Yeah, I am a bit chilly. I usually keep warm by moving around a lot, but since we've been standing still I guess it's a bit difficult for me to keep warm. Would it be too much trouble if we continued our conversation inside my house?" she inquired, turning and pointing in the direction of the windchimes and bells that blew in the cold, winter wind. At the moment they were only a few hundred yards away from Ruri's house, and they could be inside with the warm fire in a minute or two. She certainly wasn't ready to end their conversation and she was glad that Princess wanted to get to know her as well.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> 500+ words.

What she had expected to hear, Princess was not exactly sure, but she found herself mildly disappointed by the little bit of explanation from the collie woman. It was not as if she had been broadcasting her relationship with Haven, but maybe she just hoped he would be close enough to Ruri to tell her everything. Princess was very curious to know who, if anyone besides this woman, knew about her and what they knew, if anything, about what she had done with their fiercly loyal knight. It didn't actually offend her that Haven did not seem to be telling everyone about her, but she was a little flustered by the idea of not knowing what he was thinking when he talked to his friends. Gossip chains were always useful, when they had actual information. This one, unfortunately for her, did not. Princess nodded simply to acknowledge the bit of information, not even realizing that Ruri would not see the silent action.

She didn't exactly know what posessed her to want to get to know Haven's pack mates, but she did. It was an overwhelming desire, and she was actually glad she had been intercepted on her way to Haven's house, especially by one of Haven's friends, which was much better than simply by any old pack mate. Considering she really had no friends in Crimson Dreams - a few, maybe, but she did not really have many friends at all, anywhere - Princess knew firsthand that one could live near someone without ever having met them. If she had been found by someone who didn't even know Haven, she probably would have turned back to her own pack lands, or asked them to show her to Haven's house. It might have seemed rude, but she wanted to know his friends more than anyone else in the pack.

The cold was something that she was used to, even if she did not particularly enjoy the snow and the wetness that accompanied it. Princess could understand why Ruri might be cold, and she did not mind the idea of getting out of the cold herself. "Sure, lead the way. The cold really isn't any fun, anyway," she added with a small giggle, very much happy about the idea of getting inside. Though Ruri had indicated the house that was hers, Princess thought it would have been terribly rude of her to simply go and enter before the house's owner. She was a guest, and an unexpected one at that, not even a member of the pack. The two girls could continue their conversation and they could happily get to know each other. Princess estimated that they were close in age, although she thought that the Dauphine might just be a bit older. The age that they were at was one of a good deal of development, and though she considered herself fairly well developed (though she was, admittedly, very short), it seemed obvious that Ruri was a tad bit older than her. It did not matter, though, of course.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the lateness of this reply. I've been busy this weekend.

When Princess accepted her offer to come indoors, the silver and ivory female immediately turned and led the way. Soft hands were hidden beneath her folded arms trying to keep warm. "I don't dislike the cold that much, but today it seems to be just a bit colder than normal. But, there's a fire burning inside, so we'll be plenty warm," she commented, quickly padding over the terrain to her front porch. She knew Princess would be right behind her, so she quickly opened the door and held it open for the other woman to let her go inside first. Standing just at the doorway, Ruri could detect the notable difference between the indoor and outdoor temperature. It was as if the warm air formed a barrier with the ouside world that only living things could penetrate.

At the sound of the door creaking, Soleil came bounding up to greet his blind caretaker. The longhaired, flame orange kitten was surprised to find that Ruri had not come home just by herself, but with a stranger. Bright green eyes stared at the other woman from just inside the doorway, watching as she came in, quickly followed by his owner. With both women inside and the house shut up again, Soleil set about investigating the new person. Up until this point, the large kitten had only met two luperci, so seeing Princess was a very exciting event. With a small meow, he seemed to ask Ruri who this person was, leading the delicate lautari to smile and respond, ""Soleil, this is Princess Chance. Princess, this is my kitten Soleil." As she introduced the both of them, Ruri's milky blue eyes danced back and forth between cat and girl. She was interested in how Soleil would act around another person. He was very friendly to both herself and Heath, so she expected he would be more than cordial to Princess.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> This wait was deplorable, I'm sorry. D: 300+ words.

The idea of being warm certainly was not one she was offended by, so she followed Ruri dutifully, glad that she had found someone so kind on a day she had been caught entering Cour des Miracles lands. Before the merle femme had mentioned it, Princess really had not been concerned with the idea that she should not be entering whenever she liked. It had seemed like she was allowed to be there, considering her relationship with one of the pack’s higher ranked members. Logic could have told her that, regardless of that, she was not allowed to traipse in whenever she wanted, especially when she had never met the leader or gotten permission, but of course the Chance woman had ignored this very idea. It had just seemed like she was allowed to come, as Haven had never told her she shouldn’t and this would not have been the first time she had shown up unannounced. Still, she was glad that she had found someone who seemed to happy and welcoming on such an occasion as getting caught trespassing.

At the noise of the kitten coming closer, Princess tilted her head down to look at him, golden eyes taking in the bizarre, foreign, and yet cute creature. “Is he your… pet, like Drogon is kept by Haven?” she asked, struggling to find the proper term. Haven’s stallion was not the only pet she had ever heard of. Cambria had told her about keeping a caterpillar, Leafy, and she knew that there were others out there that kept smaller animals (or in the case of horses, much larger beasts) for their own. It seemed like a neat concept to her, though she did not know what it would be like to keep a pet. Cambria had spoken very fondly of Leafy, and Ruri seemed to like this kitten very much, and Princess was aware of the bond that Haven shared with the horse. If she were to keep a pet, what it would be, she wondered. Feeling foolish and rude, Princess smiled at the kitten, saying, “It’s nice to meet you, Soleil.” She did not speak low-speech fluently, but she did remember occasionally having communicated with something non-canine, albeit they were choppy conversations, if they could even be called that.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

No worries ^_^, you replied and that is all that matters. I'm not necessarily the most prompt person myself. WC:500+

Half-folded ears perked as the collie-girl directed her attention towards Princess once more. Was Soleil her pet? Ruri did not often use the term pet to describe the longhaired, orange kitten, but as far as she knew he was indeed just that. She thought of him more as a member of her family, like Heath and Jacquez, though slightly different, of course. Claiming ownership of any other animal was something that Ruri was still not used to, though when she thought about it she was not at all bothered by the fact that Heath owned Lumiere and Stark, or that Haven owned Drogon. "Yes, I guess he is. My mate, Heath, and I found him in the stables. It was more like he found us, rather than the two of us finding him. Ever since then he's been living here with me. He's quite soft if you want to touch him. He likes it when you rub his stomach," she replied, before listening to Princess greeting the young feline.

Soleil, in the mean time, had already begun sniffing Princess' feet and otherwise investigating her. However, when the strange woman said something to him, which included the name his blind owner had given him, the kitten stared upwards at her with his big green eyes and meowed in response. He did not understand the words that were used by luperci, but he had grown to recognize the intent of the words. Most of the tones he recognized involved saying nice things to him, as Ruri had rarely had to scold him, and he recognized the tone of voice Princess used as that same nice variety. Now that they had been properly introduced, the Maine Coon kitten padded forward and brushed his body up against the Dreamer's legs, purring in an attempt to illicit praise from his newest luperci acquaintance.

The blue merle lautari listened quietly as Princess and Soleil interacted. Soleil was behaving just as Ruri predicted he would, in his usual, friendly manner. So, satisfied that her guest and cat were on friendly terms, the Dauphine strolled over to the fireplace to check the fire. She could not see it, but it was not difficult for the sensitive femme to notice that the fire was not as warm as it normally was at full strength. It took only a moment for her to grab a small log from the pile next to the hearth and toss it onto the other burning logs. After much practice she had learned how to toss it just gently enough that it would land in the fireplace, without stirring up too many embers that might burn her. Needless to say, it had taken a bit of trial and error, but eventually the blind girl had figured out how to do another task without any outside help. Every new skill she learned was important to her as it made her more independent. She didn't like having to interrupt her friends to get them to help her with things, though in all honesty most of them said that they enjoyed helping her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> Again. . . I'm slow. >.<; WotD: Garrulous (wordy). Interesting fact: My boyfriend has three maine coons (and one other kitty), and one, Mister Jax, is orange. =D He's such a pansy kitty. 300+ words.

Sinking slowly so that she was crouching on the ground beside the small, fluffy creature, Princess took Ruri's encouraging instructions and held out her hand to run it along the kitten's back and sides gently. She had never interacted with a small animal in such a manner, having never actually known the concept of taking care of something as a pet. Soleil was cute, though, and if it was something that the small creature did not mind - being a pet - then perhaps she could see about finding one for herself. Princess would not mind taking care of one, as long as the animal did not feel trapped or anything like that. "So what do you do with him? I mean to say, do you just take care of him? I know that Haven keeps Drogon, and he can ride on him and what not, but you certainly could not ride him. He is very cute, though," she added, knowing that she was being far too garrulous when she was really only asking such a simple question about the kitten.

Princess stood then, allowing her gaze to travel around the house that Ruri lived in. It was much bigger than her room in the mansion at home, much more similar to where Haven lived than where she lived. It was certainly more spacious than the den she had shared with Tokyo in Dahlia de Mai, as well as much nicer than the small dens she had shared with her brother throughout their time together after they had run away from their mother and before she had left to seek out Tokyo. It seemed that most here were very comfortable living in human dwellings. She certainly was more than pleased to. "So have you lived in this pack for long?" Truthfully, Princess did not know how long it had been since the pack formed, since she had only known of its existence because of Haven, who had already been a member for quite some time upon her meeting him. The pack was kind of a mystery to her.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Maine Coons are awesome. I want either a Maine Coon or a Ragdoll cat. Ragdolls are my favorite, and Soleil likely would have been a ragdoll, if the breed had street smarts. They are such natural born pushovers that I have a feeling the breed would not have lasted long in the wilderness of the 'Souls universe. Maine Coons on the other hand, are a hardy breed, even if they are so friendly to us humans.

Rising from her finished task at the fireplace, the delicate femme turned once again to focus her senses on her guest and feline. The question Princess posed was expected, as the concept of luperci keeping pets was, as far as Ruri knew, a relatively new one. Luperci were, after all, animals in their own right and to some the idea of keeping other animals seemed almost unnatural. Princess did not seem to think it unnatural, so much as interesting, or so the blind girl thought. "Well, most of the time he follows me around when I'm taking trips around the lands. On the occasions he's not with me, he's usually inside the house doing who knows what. I assume he predominately sleeps. Other than that, I feed him whatever food he accepts, pet him, keep him clean as best as I can just like I would a pup. He's only a baby at the moment, but once he grows up I'm sure he'll be good at doing lots of stuff. From what I've heard, cats are good at catching mice and other small things that like to try and steal food. Does that answer your question?" She didn't like to answer questions with more questions, but at least she was only asking whether her own explanation was satisfactory. Ruri had done her best to give a sufficient answer to Princess' inquiry, but Ruri always had difficulty knowing how little or how much of an answer to give. This was in part to her intense desire to not babble, as was her tendency when she got overly excited.

Soleil was busying himself with Princess' caresses, repeatedly rubbing against her outstretched hand and purring as loudly as his little feline body would let him. Long, fluffy tail was carried high above his form as he repeatedly passed underneath the Dreamer woman's hand, doing a sort of slow figure eight. He loved being stroked so much, in fact the only thing he probably liked more than being stroked was sleeping in front of the fire, and he could not do that at this moment. He was too busy.

The Dauphine sauntered over to her couch where she gently sat down, half-perked ears tuned to Princess' next question. How long had she been with the pack? Ivory-furred lips curved in a reminiscent smile. It seemed like so long ago, though in reality it was only a few months, not even a full year yet. "I've been with Cour des Miracles since it before it became a formal pack. I've been with our leader, King Jacquez, almost my entire life. I was one of the founding members of the pack. So...I guess you could say I've been a part of Cour des Miracles for awhile. What about you? How long have you been part of Crimson Dreams?" There she went again, returning one question with yet another. However, this time her question was in attempt to include Princess in the conversation as well. Ruri was always interested in learning about each and every person she met, especially when those people were close to her friends.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> When we get an apartment, we'll already have three or five cats (depending on who he takes from his house, and I've got 2 waiting to live with me, just staying at a friend's and I'm paying for them... or maybe 3 from me, depending on my mom), but I want to get a little ragdoll kitten. =D So cute! 500+ words.

Keeping other animals as pets seemed so strange and foreign to her, but she could not say anything bad about the idea. It was a very humanized concept, but Princess was not against the idea of becoming more and more humanized. If she had been born in the time before or very shortly after the death of the human race, surely she would find the idea absolutely ludicrous. Back then, the canines likely scoffed at the idea of becoming like the humans. So much time had passed, though, that she could not say she shared such a view. Her mother had been very humanized when it came to reading, writing, and clothing, though she still preferred to sleep in dens instead of old human buildings. Princess enjoyed the comfort that was provided by human furniture, and she did not know how pleased she would have been to revert back to natural dens after having lived in the abandoned human dwellings for so long now.

"So, it's like taking care of puppies, then? Do you have any of your own?" Ruri looked very young, either the same age as Princess or younger, but she supposed it was possible that the Dauphine had puppies already. Having children so young was not something that Princess wanted, but eventually, she thought she might want them. There was a lingering fear of becoming her mother, though, and that could prove to be a problem for her someday. It was a bridge she would have to cross when she came to it, but the fear made her wary of the idea of ever becoming a mother. She had not expressed this worry to anyone, and she doubted she ever would. Fear of becoming just like her mother was her own inner demon that she would, eventually, need to battle alone. She would need to do something to help herself, whenever that was to happen, if it ever did.

The Chance woman had not realized the pack had not been here very long, but from the way Ruri spoke, it seemed like the pack was fairly new. "I've been in the region since the beginning of last May," she began, mulling over the realization. It had been a long time since she had left her brother to go searching for their mother. It had been a really long time. "I came here first to Dahlia de Mai, and I stayed there for almost three months. I joined Crimson Dreams in the beginning of August, and met Haven very shortly after that." It had been just two days under three months that she had lived in Dahlia de Mai before immediately moving to the pack of Dreamers. It was only about a week after joining her brother's pack that she had ventured into the city and found Haven, already drunk before their encounter. Time was a fickle thing, she realized. It never seemed to pass in a logical manner. Some things seemed a million years away, like the time before coming here, and others seemed like they happened just the day before, like meeting Haven.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Kitties are fun, I'm more of a dog person myself, but I still love kitties a lot. The reason I like Ragdolls, Maine Coons, and Norwegian Forest Cats (my other favorite breed) because they are supposed to be somewhat dog-like and they follow their owners around. The cool thing about all of them is that they start out small and cute and then turn into big loveable, huggable cats

WC: 500+

Princess' comparison of caring for a kitten and caring for puppies was only logical. Ruri might not have consciously thought about it often, but it was true. Taking care of a young cat was not unlike taking care of a young luperci. The slate and ivory woman had done both so she understood just how similar the two activities were."Yes I guess it is like taking care of puppies, except that I can't understand Soleil as well as I would a puppy," The Dauphine had to pause before replying to the second question. Any pups of her own? She did not have any yet, but it was one of her greatest desires. She loved taking care of other people's pups when the opportunity came, but there was likely a hidden motive to her strong maternal instincts. Perhaps the fact that she had been so neglected by her own mother, left for dead, thought to be useless, Ruri secretly wanted to prove her mother wrong. She wanted to do the one thing her mother had been incapable of doing to her, care for her pups regardless of their disabilities. Though her mother would never know it, the silver and ivory woman would gain a great deal of satisfaction by becoming a better mother than her own dam could ever hope to be. Of course, Ruri did not think about this but for a moment as it was not her nature to dwell on such thoughts of proving people wrong. "No, I don't have any pups of my own, but I've taken care of others' before. I want to have pups someday, but I think my mate and I need to wait awhile before we start trying for pups. Just to get used to living together," she replied, her milky blue eyes focused towards Princess, her usual smile worn on her features as she spoke. She loved conversing about such things as families and pups and motherhood.

Princess' answer to the question was eagerly absorbed by the lautari, her plumed tail swishing back and forth, displaying her contentment to listen. As it turned out Princess had been in the lands for almost a month before Ruri had washed up on the shores and she'd gone through several packs during that short time. Ruri was a bit taken back by the fact that the Dreamer woman had lived in Dahlia de Mai for awhile. Things must have been different in the flower pack when Princess lived there because she could not imagine a nice girl like Princess living under the leadership of such a violent individual as Haku Soul. "Wow, so you've been in these lands even longer than me. Our pack wasn't even formed until early June, or so I've been told. Months and dates are hard for me to remember because I don't have the ability to look at some sort of calendar. I just go by the gradual changes in temperature that occur with the seasons usually. So...you met Haven while you were in Crimson Dreams. That must mean you know some members of his family? I remember he said at least one of his mothers was a leader in that pack." she replied, seeking to keep the conversation and to learn more info about on of the neighboring packs as well.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> 300+

Someday, Princess thought that she wanted to have children of her own, but it was a distant wish. There were still things she wanted to do, and she did not want to miss out on anything because she had decided to have pups. Of course she would love them, but it did concern her that she might miss out on anything. A more deeply seeded reason for her hesitance on the subject was her subconcious fear of turning out just like her mother. Princess knew how damaged she and Ares had been by Tokyo's "parenting," if it could even be called that. She never wanted to cause her children the type of pain she had grown up feeling, the hurt that she still felt the tug of occasionally. Eventually, she would realize these fears and find a way to quell them, but for now they remained in the very back of her mind, unacknowledged by the girl.

Curiously, Princess looked up at Ruri's eyes, finally realizing what had seemed strange about them. "You can't see?" she asked, albeit a bit bluntly. The girl had never met someone who could not see, and she found the concept strange. How did Ruri do anything? Realizing the rudeness of her response, Princess quickly added, "I'm sorry, I've never met anyone who couldn't see before... What is it like?" She was genuinely curious to know what life was like for the Dauphine of the Miracles pack. At the mention of Haven's family, she nodded quickly. "I know his mother, Anu, and his sister, Mati." She did not knowvery much about his other family members, but it seemed that she knew the important ones to him. Any other family members that he was close to, she would probably meet in time, but the ones she already knew were the ones that were obviously close to him. That was what counted.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Ack, lowsy post. Roleplaying while watching TV is hard to do well.

WC:200+

Princess' sudden realization that Ruri was blind made the lautari giggle in amusement. She was rarely, if ever offended when people made statements about her impairment. She loved trying to explain that she could see but in a different way than other people."Yes...I'm blind. To be honest, it's hard to describe. I've never been able to see, so I don't know what life is like that way. I see the world with my hands, paws, my ears, and my nose. That's the best way I can think to describe it," she replied, her lips curved in a friendly smile. Pupil-less eyes focused in Princess' direction as she thought of a better way to answer her question. She found herself running her fingers through her long hair as she mulled over the ideas.
"My other senses are what I see with. I've been told that my other senses are better than average. I guess by not having my eyes, the rest of my senses got stronger to help me survive," she replied, her ears perked up to gauge the Dreamer woman's response.

The fact that Princess knew some of Haven's family members peaked Ruri's curiosity immediately. She had yet to learn much of anything about the knight's family in Crimson Dreams so any and everything she could learn was welcome. "He always speaks so highly of his family, they must be really nice people," she replied, not really knowing what Haven's family was light at all. However, someone as conscientious, gentlemanly, and strong as Haven must have a nice family.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> ♥ 300+

This was the first time that she could recall meeting someone with a disability of any type, and truthfully, Princess could not imagine that Ruri's inability to see was much of a disability. It was not something that the young Chance woman had noticed immediately, and the Dauphine did not seem worse for wear because of the lack of functioning eyes. Princess suspected that it would have been different if she had not been blind from birth, but she respected that Ruri seemed capable of living happily. She smiled at Haven's friend—no, her friend now, she thought. The merle woman was her friend, sort of, right? "You seem to be happy and everything, though. I really respect that." She paused, unsure of whether or not she should ask what else was on her mind, but she decided to go for it. Princess hoped it would not offend her. "Do you ever... wish that you could see?" Princess could not imagine what her life would be like if she could not see the world.

Talking about Haven was a more comfortable zone for her, even if the subject of his family was a bit delicate. She had only met his adoptive mother and the sister he was closest to, and that was not the extent of his family, she knew. "His mother—adoptive mother, anyway, I've never met his birth mother—is very nice. I really like Anu, and she's the subleader of Crimson Dreams. I also know his sister, Mati... We got off on the wrong foot, I guess," and that is a very large understatement, "but I think things are a little better between us now." She hoped so, after her outburst from Ares' sudden departure. It had not been fair of her, but she thought they might have come to an understanding after that. "Do you have any family here?"

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Shall we perhaps wrap this one up soon?

The commentfrom the Chance woman made Ruri smile, nodding her head in thanks,"I appreciate that Princess, thanks," she replied, bending down again to pet her cat who had just brushed up against her after having greeted Princess properly. The question that Princess asked made Ruri giggle somewhat. It was another thing she rarely thought about. Did she ever wish she could see? Half-folded ears perked forward and the petite woman stood up again, facing the Dreamer girl, "Hmmm, I guess I do sometimes, but hardly ever. Like I said, I've never known anything other than being blind, so I'm not sure if I'd like being able to see or if it would just confuse me. I think what I'm saying is that I learned a long time ago to be content with how I was born." Her words were genuine. She meant everything she said wholeheartedly. She could not say that she never wished to see, for she did sometimes. Sometimes she wished she could see her mate's face, the face of her best friends and those that she cared about. Then again, she didn't want to, because she liked knowing them in her own special way.

The lautari listened eagerly as Princess recounted what she knew about Haven's family. It was not much, but Ruri enjoyed listening just the same. Ruri could understand getting off on the wrong foot with someone's family. The blind collie woman was constantly plagued with worries about her best friend Jac and his dislike of her mate Heath. She refused to let that bother her now though.

When the conversation again turned to her, Ruri was ready. After all, Ruri had just asked about the family of their mutual friend. It only made sense that Princess would want to know about hers. "The only blood relation who lives up here in these lands is my little sister, Sylvie Ciel. Like me, she was abandoned by our mother at an early age, set adrift in a small buoy that managed to drift up the coast to these lands. However, the one who raised me, is the King, Jacquez Trouillefou. Of course, then there is my mate Heath and all of my friends. So, I suppose you could say that I have lots of family up here," Ruri replied, spreading her arms out briefly to add to the magnitude of her statement. Her pack was her family.

[/html]