steel and glass
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> That sounds good. ^^ WotD: Fathom. 300+ words.

Princess could not fathom what it must be like to not be able to see. She did not know if it would be something she could live with. Some might consider it shallow, but her appearance was very important to her, and if she could not see, then she could not take such delicate care with how she looked. It was important to her, and that was simply that. Ruri did not look worse for the wear, but Princess did not think she would be able to live like Ruri did. She needed to be able to ensure that she looked as lovely as she knew that she was. It was easy for her to know that she could not live with blindness, but she respected that Ruri could without any major complaints.

Despite her mother's abandonment, Princess was almost a bit envious of Ruri's family. She'd never had a family, really. Her mother had been, well... Tokyo, and her brother had been in and out of her life a number of times. Haven was the first stable person she'd ever really had, and she hoped that it stayed that way. "Sounds like you have a pretty good family, then... Maybe I'll have to meet Jacquez," she mused. It was not as if she intended to never come near the Miracles pack again. The more time spent with Haven, the more time she would likely spend near this pack, which gave her her reason to want to meet the Miracles pack's boisterous King eventually.

Glancing outside, Princess inwardly sighed. She was glad to have met Ruri, for she liked the woman, but now it was a bit too late for her to look for Haven again. She really did not want to go there late. "I suppose I should get going now, head home," she mused.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

ooc...

The merle and ivory woman could not help but smile and nod in agreement with Princess' assessment. Her family was wonderful, and Ruri couldn't help but love being so close to so many people. Her friends,her mate, her pack was all that she needed for familial relations. "Friends and family to me aren't all that much different. I try and look out for all of my friends just like I would look after siblings if I had them. It keeps me busy to say the least," she chuckled, thinking about all of the friends she had and thus by her comparison how many 'siblings' she had. That would keep anybody busy. For the blind lautari, though, it was not a chore looking after her friends. If she did not have friends to look after, there would be a tremendous chunk of her life missing.

Princess proposal of perhaps meeting Jac made Ruri giggle even more. The one armed king was a wonderful man, in Ruri's eyes but he had his problems. Princess deserved a fair warning. "He's very friendly...especially to girls, so just be aware of that. He'll try and sweet talk you, but he's almost always very nice. He'll make you laugh to with some of his stories. You should ask him how he lost his arm, but take what he tells you with a grain of salt. I can't tell you how many variations on that one tale he's come up with in the time I've known him. I think you'll probably like him, though" she replied, chuckling as she tried to remember each and every story she had heard Jac tell about his arm. The ones that always sounded the most farfetched were the ones related to natural disasters, such as a lightning bolt blasting it off or a crack in the earth closing up around it. Thinking of those stories made the slight Border collie smile, before turning her attention to Princess as she started to speak once more.

She wished to head home? Had they been talking that long? As far as Ruri could remember the day had still been young when she had first gone out to investigate Princess' visit to Cour des Miracles. However, time was hard for Ruri to keep track of without the use of her eyes to gauge daylight. If the Dreamer wished to return home, the least Ruri could do was walk her to the door and say goodbye. Rising from her crouched position on the floor, Soleil scampering off to some corner of the house, Ruri nodded and replied, "If you say so, then I definitely won't stop you. It was very nice to meet you Princess. I'm sorry I delayed your visit to see Haven. If you'd like I'll let him know you came by to look for him next time I find him." Slowly, Ruri walked with the young Dreamer towards the door of her cabin, arms folded casually in front of her chest. "You're always welcome in Cour des Miracles. If anyone asks you on your future visits, let them know that I said so. They should understand. We'll have to talk again sometime." With that, the traditional farewells had been exchanged and the visit concluded. The delicate Dauphine had greatly enjoyed meeting Haven's new friend, and she couldn't help but hope that the situation would blossom into something more.

[/html]