understand them early and prove
[html]

src="http://shmee.sleepyglow.net/cerritabletop.png">
ooc
Yay crappy little temporary table XD.
word count=576

ic

It looked to be a beautiful morning. White snow blanketed the forested area, drifting up against the trees and creating sparkling little dips and valleys. It rested heavily on the bare branches of the multitude of trees, a soft opposition to the glittering daggers of ice hanging beneath them. It silenced the wood in a peaceful mid-winter calm. The only sound about was a soft singsong, wordless melody, pitch rising and falling in dulcet tones.

In front of a particularly dense, eastern-facing thicket knelt the tri-color form from which the song originated, eyes closed and palms turned upward. She was particularly lean compared to most; almost skinny but for the roundness of her chest and hips. No clothing adorned her grey, white and tan form, only a leather band on her left bicep and beads and feathers woven into her considerable mane. One beige-tipped ear drooped over her face, which might have lent a goofy expression to her charcoal-masked face but for the serene, meditative countenance which she held. The wordless song transitioned smoothly to lyrics, sung slowly, calm but passionate at the same time.

"I arise t'day
through th' stren'th o' heaven:
Light o' sun,
radiance o' moon,
splendor o' fire,
speed o' lightnin',
swif'ness o' wind,
depth o' sea,
stability o' earth
an' firmness o' rock."

Hey morning devotional complete, Cerridwyn sat back on her heels, a slight smile on her face as she opened her chocolate eyes to Danu's cold winter brightness. No matter what had happened the night before, her morning devotionals always made her feel peaceful and competent, as though she could take on anything thrown her way, because she had Danu on her side. She stood and stretched thoroughly, extending her body to its full eight and a half foot height, arms above her head.

She felt better today, almost in top form, though still a bit sore from her climb up the steep rocky cliff at the edge of the territory. She'd slept solid for a day and a half after being led into the territory, recuperating from her harsh voyage across the ocean. The collie mix had awoken sometime during the night, and had had a bit of time before sunrise to catch a quick bite and have an icy (and brief) bath before Danu's rays began to grace the day and it was time for her devotional.

It did seem that she would be welcome here, at least for a little while, and for that she was quite grateful. Where else would she go, after all? She was displaced, a vagrant out of her element. This thought brought on others, darker, sadder ones, which she pushed to the back of her mind. She would begin a new life here, as best she could, and try to forget the misfortune which had befallen her and precipitated her expulsion from her tribe back home. Soon, she would begin to explore this new territory, and meet the wolves who occupied it. For now, she would keep herself busy trying to regain some of the things she had lost en route to this land. Of herbs she would not find many this time of year, but she could start but fashioning herself some basic tools, such as a spear. It did not take her long to find a suitable shaft, and she set to sharpening it with the same sharp rock she'd used to skin her meal earlier in the morning.

[/html]
((I will be one of the two or three Big Grin))

Angel continued to set up just near the borders as she brought more wood for firepits and even some teepee like buildings for the refugees and individuals who would need healing. As she passed by a path she walked on constantly she saw the collie mix building a spear and Angel thought it would be best to take a break for the moment after climbing the steep hill. Her foxen friend had gotten to the point where he had met a mate of his own and left to start his own life. It was sad to separate from him but no matter. Angel smiled and sighed heavily as she set the items down and placed her hands on her back, fingers down towards her butt and leaned back. She wore no clothing and her finely figured form dressed in black was easy to see in the light of the sun.

"Fine day yes?"

Angel spoke as she leaned forward once more and shook her head from side to side a little making her hair that rested on her shoulders move just a little. After settling her hair rested on her shoulders once more and two hawk feathers could be seen hanging from some strands and she had some turquoise beads hanging from others. On one of the strands the beads were on was a feather attached at the ends. Her violet eyes were radiant and sparkling in the sun as she soon came closer to see the spear the collie mix was making.
[html]
ooc: I'll take a crack at being one of the two as well! Big Grin

Ty was out and about in the forest, although at the moment, he knew not what for. Lately he had resorted to aimless wandering again, perhaps to go find something that perked his interest, perhaps to practice his fighting skill, or even to find Jefferson, lord knows he hadn't seen the old coot in a while. However, today he didn't really feel like he was going to do any of those things, it was just too lazy of a day to be worrying about these things, even though the cold chill in the air was keeping Ty awake, or he might have just slept it away. The air whisked through his slightly shaggy fur, causing him to shake every once in a while with every few steps as he moved through the forest, hoping that perhaps he would either be home or find a nice warm cave to snooze in for a bit.

However, something caught his ear, causing his head to perk up in confusion from his usual sniffing around. What was that noise? His body swerved from the beaten path in a b-line towards the noise. His ears began twisting and turning in an attempt to get more of the noise, trying to understand what it was. While he didn't understand it yet, it was a beautiful sound, almost enthralling. By the time Ty became entranced with the noise, he began to realize it was somebody singing. He smiled in disbelief at what he was hearing, there was rarely any singing going on in the Valley at all, nobody seemed to want to or didn't have a singing voice, usually it was just howling. But no, this was true, blue singing, a perplexing state of affairs. Seeing as how nobody he knew in souls sang, who was it that was singing now? An intruder? No, why would an intruder be singing like that? This perked Ty's curiosity so much that he had to take a look for himself.

When he got close enough, he could indeed see it was not a wolf he knew, but seemed rather relaxed in the territory he was in. He took a whiff of the air, she smelled of the Valley, but it was a very faint smell, that could mean one of two things, she was either around here very rarely, or she was a brand new wolf to the pack. Either way, he felt he should introduce himself to the female wolf, now seeing her female figure when she went to stretch. To further his assumption she was part of the pack, he could now see that Angel was here as well. He then stepped out of the woods, now in the open. He actually didn't say anything at first, as Angel spoke just before he revealed himself. Instead he just smiled and threw a glace at Angel, a warm, inviting glance before turning back to the newcomer. He figured the two would talk amongst each other before addressing him.

[/html]
[html]
ooc
Woo! Big Grin

ic

Cerridwyn began to hum tunelessly, unconsciously, as she worked the stone against the wood. It wasn't quite mindless work; she was careful of trimming just the right amount to make a fine, even point. However, it was repetitive enough to be fairly pleasant, almost trance-like. Her humming stopped as she heard footsteps from her left, and she looked up to see a dark form -- another shifter, she thought -- approaching, arms heavy with wood. The female was pretty, Cerridwyn thought, with auburn tips on her jet-black fur, beads and feathers wound into her mane, much as they were Cerridwyn's, though these were turquoise, not brightly colored as the collie-mix's were. The obsidian wolfess deposited her load nearby, and stretched her back before settling next to Cerridwyn. "Fine day, yes?"

Cerridwyn smiled in reply. "Aye, 's a stunnin' day. I do pr'fer summer's greens t'winter's silver, bu' e'ery day yer alive's a beau'iful un, 'sfar's I'm concerned." She put down her tools to offer her hand in greeting, before nodding in the direction of the black female's former load. M'name's Cerridwyn, only been 'ere a day er so. Heavy load y'seemed t'be totin', there."

Before the onyx lady could answer, another figure appeared silently in the vicinity. Cerridwyn's chocolate eyes turned toward him, beads rustling in her tri-color mane is she did so. He was a striking figure, brawny muscles in an almost bright orange coat. The prominent scars he displayed did not escape her notice, but he held a warm, friendly countenance. "'Ello," she said, quirking an eyebrow. "Please, do come an' sit."

[/html]
((OMG so sorry!!! new job, school got hectic, TYPIONG NOW!!!))

Angel soon saw Ty and nodded. She too motioned for him to sit and she too did the same on a nearby rock. After moving her tail out of the way she sat down and smiled. "Yes this is a heavy load but the duty I have been given is a little more heavy. Due to this war I and Anya I believe are both in charge of first aid for any injuries, sicknesses and others such for both our members and refugees that may come in. It would be nice to see a refugee or two, but I think we may not get any. Not sure however. One can never tell in this war." Angel sighed as she looked to Ty.

"So how are you? I am sure you have been busy have you not?" Angel asked as she leaned on her leg with her elbow and her head in her hand in a rather relaxed position. Angel liked Ty. He was always a fun wolf to get to know. And actually she felt like she was growing more attached to him each time she saw him but she wouldn't tell him that. She was sure he would not talk to her afterwards and right now was not a good time, There was a war between two packs going on.
[html]
My apologies for this being so late, I've had issues trying to find a computer to actually reply with

Chuckling, Ty walked out of the forest closer to the other two wolves as soon as he was addressed. His reply to Angel's question was as nonchalant and casual as he usually spoke, but it seemed he had a hint of joy in talking to Angel, after all he hadn't seen her in a while and a friendly face like hers was always nice to see. "Well...as busy as a wolf can be without stepping into war territory." He replied with another soft chuckle and a shrug of the shoulders. "I've been exploring outside the Valley and meeting some very interesting wolves." With a flick of his tail he sat down on a rock as he spoke. "But other than that I didn't find much...it's just the same old territories after all....except with a war going on." He then gave a sarcastic snicker and leaned back to look at the sky. His eyes then darted back to Angel and a small look of concern flashed across his face. "Speaking of the war, how are you doing on that subject? I hope it's not negatively affecting you."

His head rolled over to the new girl, as her foreign accent had piqued his interest. "On a side note, who are you? I don't think we have met before." He then grinned in a friendly manner while extending his hand to her. "The name's Ty, what's yours miss?" He tried to be s friendly and welcoming as he could, even in a time of war like this, Ty had to try to keep people's spirits up. A war, even if it was not affecting them personally, was still something that would depress people, so there had to be a counterbalance.
[/html]
[html]

ooc- No worries! ^^

word count: 307

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cerridwyn nodded with understanding as the dark female explained the duties given her during this time of war. Again, she was thankful that she had landed on the coastline of a neutral pack. She'd never had to deal with war before, and she wasn't eager to become directly involved in one. Her chocolate eyes flicked back and forth between the two packmates as they discussed the current events.

They rested on the tawny male as he addressed her warmly. At least the war between these other two packs didn't seem to be affecting Pheonix Valley's morale too badly. The worst she'd seen so far was Jefferson's anxiety when he found her on the pack borders, and she thought he'd been rather calm, actually, all things considered. She took his hand with a returned smile and gave it a firm shake before replying, "M'name's Cerridwyn. Nay, we 'aven't met b'cause I've only been 'ere a day er so." She gave a crooked grin. "As fer who I am, that'd be a preistess o' the goddess Danu, from 'cross th' sea, t'tha west." During her jounrey across the sea, she might've quailed from introducing herself in such a way; but she had come to terms with her goddess, and with the mistakes the hybrid had made which had resulted in her expulsion from her tribe. She felt that Danu would have no trouble anymore claiming her as a preistess.

She picked up the stone she'd been using to sharpen her spear, fingering it carefully, thoughtfully. "This war ye've been talkin' 'bout, Jefferson mentioned it, 'swell, but I've yet t'hear any actu'l details onnit. Who is it that's warrin', exactly, an' wot fer?" After all, if she were to be a useful pack member, and contribute to the "war effort," she should know exactly what was going on, shouldn't she?

table credit titmouse

[/html]
When Angel heard him ask if the war was negatively affecting her Angel had to frown slightly and then smiled once more. "Well, considering that Brutus ain't around for the moment I am pretty much okay. This war however, I have to say, is something I hoped to avoid but knew it would be inevitable if I lived in a place such as this. I only pray that the war ends soon, and without many numbers on either side lost." Angel spoke as she gave a shrug smiling to Ty. She was sure that everything would be okay in the end anyway.

"As far as I know its two packs against each other. I think it is the Inferni against the Dahlia de Mai? I don't know the packs well, well those two especially, so the names slip occasionally. However I heard that it was something that was a long time coming?" At this she looked to Ty as if to ask "Am I right?" to be doubly sure that she had the right information for the femme here.

((sick today. Long day, don't feel good. xPP Warning: Never breathe a spider down your throat...OOHHH so disgusting!!!))
[html]
"You got that right Angel." The young warrior replied to her after she gave him a glance of approval for her claims. His body shifted as he attempted to get more comfortable on his seating position. "to be honest, every pack of wolves in the area has an issue against Inferni." Ty said with a light sigh as he picked up a small stick, jabbing it into the ground as he continued. "You see, inferni is the only coyote-only clan in this area, full of either coyote or very rarely, coyote-wolf hybrids." He then grabbed a small bit of snow and rolled it into a ball. "And rather then just be simply nice and diplomatic to the other packs, they present their anti-wolf beliefs on their boarders," He then stuck the snowball on top of the erect stick. Pointing at the snowball on a stick, he added "In the form of wolf skulls on a stick, positioned strategically to keep wolves out." His eyes then darted between the other two wolves to gauge their reaction to his example, he continued. "though not all inferni are like that, many of them are very friendly, it's the ones in power that are the issue. but that is why Jeff isn't allowing us to take in refugees of the war from inferni, only wolves from Dahlia De Mali. To be honest, I'm surprised inferni didn't lash out sooner, with the kind of attitude they give off."

Getting off the topic of the war, he cocked his head to what Cerridwyn had said, much more curious about that comparing to the war. He had never really talked one-on-one with a religious figure before. Sure, he'd seen them about, either preaching or just walking about, but he'd never really had the time to sit and chat with one. And with such an enigmatic name as Danu, Ty couldn't help but wonder. "So...Danu, you say?" He asked as he crossed his legs in front of him. "forgive me for my own ignorance, but who exactly is that? I've never heard of Danu before."

His eyes then darted over to Angel, who had said something about Brutus, a character he'd still never seen but only heard about. He was hoping that soon he'd get to have a chat with her about this Brutus fellow and what he had done to make her so frightened of his being. Though now was not the time.

[/html]
[html]ooc - Too lazy for table, go me. Also, took me a little longer to get situated than I thought it would, sorry for the wait!

ic- Cerridwyn listened closely as the two other wolves spoke, Ty giving details about Inferni. Her chocolate eyes widened as he told her about the demarcation of their borders -- what a despicable thing to do! It was obvious that the coyotes were the instigators of this war. She mulled on this, disturbed. This coyote clan tha's so 'orrible, then, she said, Wi' so many wolves in th' area, an' wi' th' attitude tha' Inferni has, why 'aven't th' wolves wiped 'em out? Dun make much sense t'me t'let such a threat remain. Not that the hybrid liked war in the least, but it seemed odd to her that the wolves, with numbers on their side, would allow the coyotes to remain making mischief in the vicinity.

She smiled as the male inquired about her deity. She'd have to watch herself here, or she'd get off on a long tangent detailing the religion of her tribe. No need t'ask fergiveness, she began. It dun surprise me ye ha'nt heard o'her, dun think many 'ave in these parts. Danu is th' mother goddess o' my people. She watches o'er all, rises innna sky each morn' an' goes t'sleep each night. We pray t'Danu to keep us 'ealthy, t'allow fertile breedin' seasons, t'provide us wi' proper prey. She's th' mother o'our original ancestors, th' Tuatha Dé Danann. She chuckled. Sorry, I'll stop there, or I'll be yakkin' all day aboot 'er. She cocked her head and studied the two wolves, her new packmates. Fergive me if I'm too for'ard, bu' I come from a very religious tribe. This dun seem t'be th' case 'ere... 'ow is it ye all get 'long, from day t'day, wi' no consistent b'lief?[/html]