And I felt the blood.
[html]
1. Character Name:[/html] Vindicate de le Poer
2. Character Birthdate: 13 OCT 07
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci.
4. Species: Dog x wolf x coyote: coyote is dominant
5. Gender: Male
6. AIM: LoveVMischief
7. How you found 'Souls: Old member. But Meagan is the one who convinced me to rejoin. Smile

The young de le Poer felt a surge of adrenaline as he looked at the mounted skulls of lupines that hung on the fringes of the Inferni territories. His fur prickled with both warning and excitement, his salmon pink tongue lolling out from between barely parted lips. This was what his father had spoken of. Conway had known a different Inferni in his youth, one that was run by different animals and in a different way, perhaps, but Vindicate knew that it was still beating here within the borders. That steady thrum in his throat that he felt when something particularly important was happening was reminding him of the impact of this. A prodigal grandson come home.

He paused at the edges of the borders, smelling the rich scents of coyotes and mixes that lived there. The mixture was odd to him, fresh and exhilarating. His pride in his primarily coyote heritage had been part of the reason for his wandering paws. Beyond the wanderlust of youth, that was. He wished Classica had come with him, but she had abandoned him for a boy on the way. Lust he could understand, though, and loyalty to family was thick in them. She would come someday to the Inferni lands that they had both promised they would visit. Then someday, perhaps, back to France. It depended on how thick their bloodline still ran in these parts, and how well their personalities meshed with the Inferni clan.

So it was that several years after his father had left the Bleeding Souls lands for Europe, his son stood on the edge of a territory that had rebirthed the Inferni clan. Breathing in the scents and waiting. Waiting for whatever came next.
[html]

OOC: OMNOM Hi! I'm a not-so-old-but-sort-of-but-not-really member! Big Grin It's fun to see the older Souls players. Tongue (PSSST He's in Lupus form) and I'm assuming he is as well, let me know if otherwise!

------------------------------------------------------------

Although he didn't notice it at first, Inferni had grown like a child into an adult. When he first joined, Inferni was a tiny clan. But a little over a month later, it had added fifty percent more members! It was a large improvement statistically, and a very happy one mentally. Cassius had grown to be quite proud of being an Inferni member. The coyotes were surprisingly patriotic to their own causes, not question Gabriel as their leader. Even though the hybrid never met him formally, he trusted Gabriel as a leader as well. He seemed quite smart and full of leadership qualities anyways, so Cass had no right to veto. Adn even though he wasn't as violent or bloodthirsty as his packmates, he seemed to have started to share the same feelings about certain topics, such as the reason for the current war.

At the borders once again, the coyote was spending even more time around the lands and especially outside the mansion. With the luck he had at the borders recently, meeting plenty of new friendly faces, he wanted to keep his luck running. Yet again, his luck was forming a streak when an unfamiliar figure was in view. It stood at the edge of the territory, almost right inside. it looked predominantly coyote, like most in the clan, and Cassius figured it had to be another joiner. A closer look revealed it was a another male, which they had many of now. "W'hello!" he started, giving the other male a soft smile.

As he shook his body, his goggles (which were normally atop his head), wrapped loosely around his neck, flung from side to side with it. "R'ya in some need of some helpin's?" he questioned, his southern accent thick and pure, as if he was shipped right from the South only recently. "I can be 'f some assistin'."

Word Count:

[/html]
[html]
Why herrooooo! Who did you used to play? Lupus form works, oops, shoulda specified. Smile[/html]

It was not what he had expected. A coyote with an accent that was unfamiliar, but easily decipherable. He was used to the fluidity and polish of French accents, but not what he felt was a more bumbling slur of the English language. His dark ears canted forward slightly to capture the sounds, nonetheless, his body remaining in a neutral position. The young de le Poer had not crossed territory borders, and although he was smaller than the other wolf-coyote mix, he had a strong confidence in his fighting abilities. Conway had not let his children grow up without an awareness of threats and how to dispense of them. France was not exactly a playful and friendly place, either.

His golden eyes darted quickly across the other's frame, registering all that he could about the fitness level and physique of the other male. Just in case. Though the words had been friendly, there was no such thing as being too cautious. Especially considering what he had been told of Inferni was more inclined toward the bite first, ask questions later line of thought. "Oui, monsieur, I am seeking family, de le Poers, Lykois, mayhaps you have heard of?" his own accent was lilting, melodic. So he thought, anyway, and although his grammar was slightly off, it was intentional. Calculated, to make himself appear more off guard and fresh, innocent, naive. All things he liked to believe he was not, but he would rather not reveal the extent of his expertise or intelligence just yet.
[html]

OOC: Well, I used to play Vexx twice, recently with Inferni, and a while ago, with Esper Hollow before it disbanded. I also used to play Husk Erumm, with Crimson Dreams. Right now, I also play a temp char named RJ Sangster. :3 I not too crusty compared to some others >_> BTW, mark this thread with leader needed please!

------------------------------------------------------------

The male seemed suspicious of Cassius, but it also seemed like he expected something hostie from him. Cassius knew to expect the same, but he never assumed. He personally liked being nice and polite, getting along with others. Being raised by benevolent parents does that, coupled with being coddled nearly his whole life. Brutus was a little rougher, his parents dissaproving of course, but The hybrid preferred that of his cousin. In the instance of this male, he preferred a little more benevolent approach as well.

However, when the male said he was a De le Poer, Cassius blew up in excitement. "WOAH! Hold up, yer a Lykoi?" he shouted excitedly, "This changes everything!" And indeed it did. The coyote had caught wind that some more of Kaena and Gabriel's relatives had started to arrive, just in time for the war. He was sure any of the leaders would be happy with the news. "Hang on a sec, I gotta call overs a leader-person." He threw his head back, calling for any of the three leaders to accept another into the clan. With that, he turned back to the male.

"Y'know, 'lotta y'all Lykoi folk 've been appearen' 'round here as o' recently," the brown mechanic continued. He definitely had the looks that matched, but the strange accent totally threw him off. Cass cocked his head."Who's kid 're you? Nobody's got a accent like yers 'round 'Nferni. An' I don't think yer anyones here's kid." He stopped, but then shortly continued seemingly without taking a breath. "What's yer name by the ways? Mines Cassius, R'Cass fer short."

Word Count:

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">-clings to Harper- Welcome back!!! Big Grin
@&#&$Anselm was pleased that most of the members seemed to be pulling their weight. In a clan so big, he wouldn't be surprised if several eventually decided to slack off, figuring--and mostly likely correctly so--that someone else would pick up the slack. In the blur of new names and faces, it was easy to lose track of everyone; there were still half a dozen coyotes or hybrids he did not know by face or by name. Amidst the mayhem he miraculously managed to pick out Corona's scent--he was reasonably disappointed that he hadn't run into his golden furred cousin yet, though he supposed she was busy reuniting with the closer members of her family. How long might it have been since she'd seen Rikka or even Razekiel? Otherwise, he recognised Sage's trail (being the only female youth he hadn't met personally) now that China had told him to keep his eyes open for her. That left Ceval, Sebastien, Sam, Nakir, Niir, Jed, Alexander, and Frankie who he knew absolutely nothing about.
@&#&$Today a call would draw him toward one familiar face and one that was not, and though the latter did not register as one of the eight mystery scents floating around the territory, the young man's appearance inspired vague feelings of fellowship just the same. Anselm was not familiar enough (or at all) with Conway to recognise his son right off the bat, but he was rather intimate with the rest of the boy's family in Inferni. His eyes weren't awfully unlike Kaena, Gabriel, or Rikka's, and coupled with the excitement backing the Discens' call he couldn't help but wonder. In his secui form as always, he towered over the other two men. As he neared he offered an appreciative dip of his head to Cassius, a laid back yet productive fellow he decidedly liked. This little rendezvous would prove convenient anyway; he had to discuss the stove installation with the goggle-wearing man as this was the last barrier keeping them from going operational. For now, though, his attention turned to the youngest amongst them, whose identity still had him mighty intrigued. "What's shakin'?" he wondered at length, the question addressed to neither in particular despite his gaze settling firmly on the stranger.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +377
[/html]
Zerrrrrooooooo -hugs!- Big Grin
[html]
[/html]The excitement that radiated from the other male was surprising. Although his father had spoken of the de le Poers and the Lykoi as if they were a rather well-known and respected family group, the male had not anticipated such an enthused response to the names. The other male was already howling for a leader. Vindicate thought it strange that just a name could bring such a response. Perhaps because where he had been born, there had been more wanderers than established families. His tail twitched. This was going well so far.

The very talkative Cassius went on to say that a lot of them had been showing up lately. That was interesting. He was sure that the family had continued to be prolific after Conway left. There were many other siblings, as their litter had been massive to begin with. Con joked it came in the family, hence his own large surviving litter. The Lykoi and de le Poers were strong lines. "Conway de le Poer's son, Monsieur Cassius. Vindicate de le Poer, at your service. I am not of this land, I am of France, so therefore, ze accent." he responded, with a light flip of his ears and a half-bow. Though he kept his throat protected and his balance centered. Ready to fight. Always.

As another wolf approached in a different form, he turned his gaze toward the stranger. Presumably a leader. The red eyes were familiar. Like his father's and two of his brothers. He seemed at ease, relaxed. The workings of their border greetings seemed strange in comparison to the bold statement of dead wolves on the outskirts. Then again, Vindicate was one of them. A coyote mix, a mutt by nature, and a blood relative of two of the largest families that had once lived (and perhaps still did) at Inferni. "Bonjour, monsieur, I am Vindicate de le Poer, I come here from France seeking family. Lykoi and de le Poer." he explained, curious and interested to find out if this was a family member. The large male certainly fit the bill of a de le Poer with those red eyes and the intimidating figure he cut.
[html]

Derp. Up to y'all if you want to reply again or not Tongue

In Character

His ears flicked as the stranger spoke, his accent thick and melodic. Must've been one hell of a trip, he remarked, but whatchya know? You hit the jackpot, he said, confirming what the boy must've already gathered from talking to Cassius. We've got Kaena herself; her children Gabriel, Rikka, Corona, Samael, Razekiel... Raze's daughters Sage and China, and another of Kaena's granddaughters, Halo, he explained, wondering exactly how Vindicate fit into the picture. Obviously it was someone from Gabriel's litter, or else he wouldn't have specified Lykois and de le Poers both. Of the children Ahren had sired with Inferni's Centurion, Conway was the one with which he was least familiar.He'd met all of the others personally, excepting those who were deceased, of course, and Vitium. Still, he'd been informed of the traitorous man who'd been forced into exile. He vaguely recalled that another male existed but when he tried to think of a name he drew a blank. Then again, no news could be good news. He doubted this young man would've bothered to seek them out if there'd been a problem in the past.

As for myself, I'm Anselm, he added, almost as an afterthought. Me 'n Gabe share the same great grandfather or somethin'... easiest to just call us cousins, he elaborated. My granddaughter is kickin' around here too; Valkyrie. And finally the torrent of names ceased. It was a lot of information, he supposed, but it was all relevant. Whether it was their intention or not, Kaena and Ahren had managed to entagle two of the most extensive lines and their net family tree had metamorphosed into a full-fledged forest. That he had a relative from overseas was simply astounding. At any rate, obviously you're welcome to stay here as long as you want. I've gotta warn you, though, you've found us as a nation at war, his relatively nonchalant posture stiffened slightly and his gaze took on a dire glint. The entire encounter had been very casual up until this point and he wanted to accurately impress the severity of the situation.

There's a wolf pack due south west of here--Dahlia de Mai. We've had problems with them in the past and settled for a cease fire. They've provoked us again; this time it won't be over until their shithead leader is gone. He is extremely malicious, volatile, and--unfortunately--manipulative. We tried to strike him directly but his blind minions came flying to his protection. Since, there have been several small parties creating a ruckus on our border... no serious casualties yet at least, his low voice rumbled. Anyway, in the heart of the territory you'll find the caves... lots of us--your family specifically--can be found there. Halo lives in D'Neville Mansion--which I'm sure Cass could show you, since he lives there, too, he said, his gaze drifting to the third hybrid present. Good huntin's in that area; it's around our south east border. Oh, and right, he said, turning his crimson eyes back to the mechanically inclined coyote. 'bout ready for that stove then, when you get a chance. Just give a holler if you need my help, he said. With that, all business had been addressed and he figured this case was closed. He offered an amiable dip of his chin to the new recruit and an appreciative nod to Cassius--it was good to know that everyone was paying extra attention to their borders. Keep alert, he offered simply in farewell.

<style>
.anselm-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.anselm-A01 b {color:#874002;}
.anselm-A01-separator {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; margin:0px 0px 2px 0px; color:#874002; padding-right:20px;}
.anselm-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.anselm-A01 {background-color:#D3AE6A; padding:297px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anselmtable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

Also, plz fill out Inferni Member Directory entry!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin (Link in our announcements ^^)

[/html]