Re-visit
[html]

I just put it up in hopes of making SoSuWriMo. Have no threads and only 3k words left! >< Reply whenever you have time, no hurry <3
Word Count: 675 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The howl had called for Kaena, and Kaena alone; hopefully she would recognize him by the voice. He really, really should not be here, and thus he was at a comfortable distance from the clan's borders. Still, he was nervous that someone patrolling might stumble upon him. Surely their efforts were now doubled at least, given the war and everything. Belle made sounds of discomfort behind him, agitated and feeling his nervousness. He had decided to get here as fast as possible, and hopefully back again in a day. It would not be comfortable for the horse, as the distance was formidable and her rider was nervous. He moved back to her to try and calm her a little, putting his hands on her neck and his body closer to her. It worked to some degree, but she could not settle compeltely, not when she could so easily notice how her rider could not. Despite all the signs (not to mention these lovely heads that marked the borders! He'd not been close enough to notice them last time, but they should make him turn back immediately, really) that told him to stay away, to stay out of it all, the Chief could not help himself. Soon, he was calling a meeting, where he would warn the tribe, and urge them to be clear in their relations to the clan and pack at war, and to stay away from both of them if they could. Here he was already breaking the rule, even before the meeting had taken place. He should be ashamed, but he could not help himself, and he was making the best of his own edginess, now. His yellow eyes moved and his nose and ears was alerted and looking for signs that someone could be approaching him. Oh this was a bad idea.

Though nervous, Dawali had no doubts that he was doing the only correct thing. He had no bonds with Dahlia de Mai anymore, and after what he had heard... well, let's just say Inferni didn't seem like the main culprits according to his sources. This male, Noir's father, he did not have the best of reputations. Given that he had also never even visited the litter in AniWaya, Dawali found no respect in him for this Haku person. It was not that he wanted Dahlia de Mai to lose in any war or conflict or whatever, it was just that he wanted Inferni's members to survive. More specifically, Kaena. He told himself that he was not really taking sides since he was just a medic, but perhaps he was, really. It was not his fault that he felt a connection to the female. Their values coincided, their age was close to one another than he was to anyone in the tribe. None of his friends from the original tribe had made it over here, and he spent his days worrying for their safety, for his parents' safety, in addition to the general running of a tribe. The meeting with the scarred hybrid up here some time ago had lifted his spirits, and he felt a need to repay for her goodwill, her open heart, and to support her now that they needed it the most. Not directly, of course, for if it became known that the leader of AniWaya was here to aid Inferni, the tribe had no chance whatsoever to stay out of the conflict. Though they were far away from Dahlia de Mai, he could never in truth be safe. The other packs might also support the pack, not the clan, and so his alliances might crumble and fall. It was potentially very dangerous for AniWaya to be seen taking sides in this conflict, and so he was desperately trying to help without helping. A large sack bulged on the back of Belle's back, and Dawali glanced at it before he continued looking around himself for the scarred female, hoping that no one else would come. His feet moved, reflecting his general state, part nervous, part cautious.

[/html]
[html]

Latesie is late! Sorries <3 371

News of the most recent combat had not escaped Kaena; she was already well-aware of what had gone on at the borders a few days ago. Three Dahlians had showed up looking to pick a fight, and Hezekiah, Cotl, Hybrid, and Nakir had been fast enough to dispatch them, and there was no serious damage done. Still, that had thrown the clan into a new state of alert; now it was clear. They were no longer playing at coquetry with war; they were caught up in the midst of it, and there was no backing out now. Whether or not these canines had been acting on Haku's explicit order, Kaena was not sure—in the end it did not matter. There had been an attack on Inferni.

She was already near to the borders when she heard the call, and though she did not identify the voice at first, she knew it was not one of the enemies—they would not have howled and beckoned. The hybrid woman turned on her heels from her patrols, traveling at a quick clip toward the source of the howl. Its originator became more clear as she drew nearer; the scent of Dawali greeted her pleasantly, and she immediately perked up, finding this to be a good sign. It was a long distance between AniWaya and Inferni, and the hybrid thought they had left each other in particularly good spirits last time. This was no mistake, and the hybrid woman slowed as she reached him, her golden eye distracted by the large horse behind him, peering at her curiously.

“Dawali,” she said, clear warmth coming from her voice. There was stress apparent in the canine; she did not look nearly as well as she had the last time they had met. Long months stretched between that meeting and the present, and the silver-furred canine appeared rather changed, though certainly this meeting had returned some of her vigor—they had become friends very quickly, and the silver-furred woman was glad for his presence now, thinking spending time with him might afford her time to take her mind off the war efforts. Thinking about it all the time made her crazy; it would do that to anyone.

<style>
.kae-apocalypse p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; text-indent:10px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px;}
.kae-apocalypse b {color:#A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/endoftheworld.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:243px; padding-bottom:5px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:8pt; letter-spacing:.1pt; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3
Word Count: 451

It seemed as if an eternity stretched between the howl and the arrival of the femme, but when she finally did come into sight he almost sighed with relief. Offering her a small smile, his feet stopped wanting to pace, and he studied her a little. She had changed since their last meeting; no wonder, she was probably worried for her pack and her family. Being at war could be a great strain on someone. Though he had come to help, he knew better than to ask her about these things. After all, he was not really a friend of this female... more of an acquaintance, probably, though she was clearly a friend candidate in his book. She spoke his name, simply. This was good; no further greeting was needed, no idle chit-chatter. In his current state, he would have wanted it no other way. Returning this greeting, he continued swiftly to present his errand. "Kaena," he paused, turned halfway so she could see the horse clearly behind him. "I heard about the... situation between Dahlia de Mai and your clan. News such as those travel easily, even to the far south." Hesitating, his eyes glanced around him for a split second, checking out at least two, maybe three different directions. In a way, he did not like being here. "My connecting with the Dahlians was broken some time ago, and I barely know any details of this conflict. In fact, I would rather go on not knowing anything at all. I would like to keep anyone in my tribe as far away from it as possible." It could sound harsh, maybe. He hoped Kaena would understand what he did mean, however. They had spoken so much of their common love for family, for children; she knew his values, and he was certain she could piece it together. The pause laster only a moment before he continued again. "Still, after our encounter, and how well it went, I feel the need to aid you and your family, your clan, somehow. But, I cannot fight for the life of me, so I have brought you the one thing I can help with. In the package on Belle's back," he said, moving his hand as if to point towards it, "there are herbs to aid the wounded, and some cloth you can use as bandages and such, should it be necessary." Now, he was silent; his little speech was finished, and he allowed some proper silence to take over, so that Kaena might react to what he was saying. Still, his gaze moved nervously around in the scenery behind her in glances, and he shifted his feet every so often without knowing it.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/erin_kaetablegray.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

klsdlgkgs <3 blargh :[ ((415-- and weird because I just wrote a 415 word post :| WITCHCRAFT))

The hybrid was particularly glad it was this canine who had summoned her—lurking thoughts of danger from the Dahlian wolves seemed to almost evaporate. She spied the horse behind him and took that as an excellent sign—certainly the equine would provide ample warning in case any strange canines approached. Horses had spent many years between the human's era and their re-domestication by canines, and Kae expected much of that time was spent watching out for predators, canine and feline alike. The other canine spoke, and the hybrid listened. She had imagined news of the conflict traveled—it always did. The hybrid would have expected the other packs to consider banding together—they liked to protect their own, but she had not considered that the coyotes would be offered any kind of aid. Even so, she could not take expect a promise for AniWayan fealty—but this was a good thing, too, as what she knew of the feather-decorated male told her he would promise nothing to Dahlia de Mai. His words rang true, and the coyote woman nodded—she doubted Gabriel would have risked Inferni for a conflict between AniWaya and Crimson Dreams, if they were ever to war.

She remained quiet as the other canine finished speaking, indicating the pack on the horse's back. A smile blossomed on the silver-furred hybrid's face, and she tilted her head earthward for a moment, offering a silent and brief bow of thanks and respect toward the russet-furred wolf. “Thank you. I know the risk you're taking for your whole pack, coming here...” the hybrid said. If a Dahlian were to see Dawali here or overhear this meeting somehow, AniWaya might be dragged in as well. She shook her head to quell the thought. “This means a lot to me and Inferni. Thank you.” she repeated, again offering him a warm smile, as friendly and grateful as she could make it with the knotted scar tissue criss-crossing her face. “Haku took over Dahlia. I think he'd like to see us all burn. Inferni's just first on the list,” the hybrid said dryly, still spitting his name with venom. She could say it now, at least—it didn't completely revolt her to say it, since every time she did she imagined blood coursing from him, flowing into snow and staining it brilliant crimson. Vengeance was comforting to Kaena, because it was a step toward normalcy—thinking of hurting him was a far cry better than fearing him.

<style>
.kae-gifterin091 b {color:#D7CA2E;}
.kae-gifterin091 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

The world has gone INSANE! and I am beyond late |: Wanna do all my uni stuff?
Word Count: 332

She remained silent as he spoke, responding only when he finished speaking, first with a silent bow, then with words. He smiled briefly at her, still nervous; he would remain nervous until he was in the safer zone far south. This was the general feeling he had, and his body displayed it well. He was not worried that Kaena would see this; she had already stated what he had been thinking about it all. The hybrid's look on the future in terms of Haku seemed less than positive, and Dawali wondered for a split second how such a supposedly bloodthirsty male such as Haku soul could have fostered such an innocent young female as Noir Aston. That bit of information was not common knowledge, and would remain a secret until Tayui decided otherwise. It was a strange thought nevertheless. "He has many packs to work himself through before he reaches us." Phoenix Valley was one of them, their allies. Two packs against one made Haku's prospects on such a conflict seem bleak; Dawali had no doubt that they would be able to summon enough forces to fight such a conflict. Still, it was what he dreaded the most, of anything that could ever happen to his tribe. "I'll get the stuff for you" Moving over to the horse now he spoke as he did so, his back to her as his nimble fingers worked to undo the knots that made sure the bundle stayed on the horse's back. "Do you have a medic among you?" If not, he would explain to her the basic uses of these herbs, and how to use the bandages if she did not already know. He could not offer her aid further than this; it would be too perilous, and the tribe was too far away anyway. If anyone needed help that badly, they would die before Dawali could reach them. Finally undoing the ropes on the bundle, he lifted it off of the horse and brought it over to his hybrid friend, putting it on the ground between them.

[/html]
[html]

SO AM I NOW RAWRARWAR, also I don't remember what form she was in so she's an Optime now. MAGIC~*~*~ (302)

The same sort of hyperalert nervousness had existed in the silver-furred woman since the attack; she was always watching her back and shifting her weight, convinced he would come creeping from the shadows for her. Perhaps that fear would persist for the rest of her life; the coyote woman certainly hoped not, but it showed little signs of fading. There would always be another monster lurking in the shadows for the silver-furred coyote. She could not blame the AniWayan for his nervousness; she would have felt much the same on the outskirts of a warring territory. “I would still take extra care of your borders,” she responded, shrugging a shoulder. Haku's fire was directed toward Inferni for now; AniWaya would remain safe for the time being. She did not doubt Dawali had already made these protections; even so, it made her feel better to state them aloud.

“Thank you,” she said, still grateful to the russet-furred man for his kindness. There was no doubt of the risk he took in attending to her, though this only served to elevate the foreign pack in her mind. Though she was sworn to secrecy about this meeting for now, the cloud-colored woman would eventually tell Gabriel of this. Of course, that was somewhere in the indefinite future, when things were less chaotic and Haku was dead and buried and the danger had passed. She watched as the other man undid the bundle, her sable ears flicking at the question. “Yes. A few of the others know what they're doing. I don't know how to do anything more than throw an ointment on something,” she said, referring to the salve Naniko had imparted on her once upon a time. That had been a long, long time ago, though, and her supplies of that were long drained.

thanks to james for the header image
<style>
.kae-bloody p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.kae-bloody b {color:#3A0503}
.kae-bloody {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BDB0B0; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

Magic! ;D
Word Count: 386

He shrugged in return for hers and spoke no words, though his face expressed the body-linguistic equal of the word "true". She was right, and already he had thought out a few changes he would like to see. Until this point, most of the patrolling had been performed by himself, but with greater danger he would like to see shorter shifts and more people. It mattered little if you patrolled the borders but weren't awake enough to do anything should danger arrive. As he unpacked the contents of the bundle, he nodded at her response, not looking away from the untying of knots as he replied to her. "Okay," he said, lifting some small pouches so she could see the symbols he'd carved on them. They were of no language, but just symbols of a shape that allowed him to remember what plant it was. No one had taught it to him, but some herbs were very similar to others, and mixups could be fatal. "These are for very urgent situations. This one stops bleeding, and this one makes the wound heal better; they should be put directly inside the wound," he said, pointing to each of the pouches as he explained. "This one is good to reduce pain, and this one can make someone sleep if they are not calm and need to be. You boil them to make a warm drink. Though I'm sure the medics know how to use them; now you know as well." Bending down again, he picked up some different-looking packets with wooden bottoms and lifted them so she could see them. They had no markings. "These are finished ointments to use on wounds or scratches as they heal. It relieves pain and should be put around the wound, and not in it." Herbs were no use if they were not used correctly. He didn't doubt the abilities of the medics of the clan, but he knew that different cultures knew different herbs, and he took no chances. If they had not seen these herbs before, they wouldn't know how to use them. There were bandages in the bundle, too, but she would know how to use them. She had proof of enough injuries, at least. Bending down, he collected the bundle and tied it before handing it to her.

[/html]
[html]

Weeee should wrap this up in like two posts, and have a new thread? Kae visits Aniwaya, homg?

The coyote woman did not know any reason why anyone would go after AniWaya—from everything she had seen thus far they were perfectly peaceful, and genuinely kind from this instance. Her ears folded back, and she remained quiet as he spoke on the different herbs, remaining at rapt attention. This was not something she wanted to miss. Fatin was in Inferni now, and hopefully she would know what to do—the silvery hybrid had no doubts in the russet wolf's healing abilities, but still, whatever information Kaena could provide to help would be useful. The coyote took note of the symbol and attached the information, branding it into her head. It would do them well to remember what medicine did what, of course. The hybrid nodded her head several times throughout the man's speech, and at the end of it her yellow-golden eye returned to his face, once again a smile showing on her scarred muzzle.

“Thank you, Dawali,” the hybrid repeated. “I will keep this between us,” she added, reassuring him. There was no reason anyone needed to even suspect AniWaya had given them any kind of help, and the silvery hybrid was not planning on informing anyone but Gabriel about this—and that would be later, and she would repeat the request for secrecy, knowing her son was capable of keeping it. Darker secrets than that lurked in the Aquila's heart.

<style>
.kae-toothy p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.kae-toothy b {color:#443B39; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.kae-toothy {width:400px; background-color:#AB9D94; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kaeteeth.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F645C; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Good plan! Dawali is being blunt now. Stupid guy is stupid.
Word Count: 386

As he finished reeling off his instructions, the male felt oddly relieved, knowing that this dangerous encounter was at its end soon. He kept Kaena's gaze firmly as she replied to him, and he nodded thankfully when she repeated her promise not to tell. "Thank you, Kaena." In a sense, Dawali could not decide if he felt as if he was deceiving his tribe or just himself; as soon as he returned he would make the promise not to do something like this. The rules should not be different depending on your rank, but there it was; he had flaws, too. He smiled back at the coyote hybrid before starting to step back towards his horse. Experienced and working by habit, he tested and adjusted the equipment on her back before getting on, so he knew they would not fall off on the way back. From atop the mare, he waited a moment. "Let me know if you are in need of help, anytime." The tone of his voice made it quite clear that he was not speaking of Inferni, now. Or, at least, not only of Inferni, but also this female in particular. He had always been one to rush to his friends' sides in times of need, but she would probably know by now that he never could contribute with brute force. His skills were of the quiet and nimble kind. He greeted her again as he usually did, nodding in a sense, but a slow one, before he glanced around him and signaled for Belle to get moving. The male and horse turned and exited the lands of Inferni in a calm way, but Dawali would not relax until they were far south of Dahlia de Mai. Until then, he could feel many Dahlian eyes on his back, and they were not comfortable.

[/html]
[html]

Finito! Archive whenevers. <3

In Character

The coyote woman understood the need for secrecy. This was something she knew very well—there were plenty of her own to keep, and a few that would follow her to the grave. The silver-furred coyote had never actually told anyone about Eris and who her father was, though she'd paraded Salvaged's death around like a war medal. No one had been able to guess the truth of her youngest daughter's parentage thus far, and the hybrid was not certain she wanted to let anyone in on that delicious tidbit of information. She had tried to keep Haku's crime to herself, of course, but that had not turned out so well. The weight of that had settled squarely on her shoulders, sinking into and through her like poison running through her veins.

Her yellow-golden eye watched Dawali as he mounted the horse. She was also eager to get moving—this place was not entirely safe, and she had her own duties to attend to. Now she had to take these items back to the caves—she'd keep them separate and away from everyone to allow any Aniwayan scent to fade, and she would surreptitiously place one or two of them in the greenhouse per day—that was where they stored all of the medicinal supplies, after all. If they suddenly began multiplying, the hybrid doubted anyone would notice. “Thank you,” the hybrid repeated in response, another faint smile on her scarred muzzle, the sable tip of her tail wavering in the air. She watched as the man and horse retreated, waiting until he was out of sight to turn back toward the heart of Inferni's lands, trotting as quickly as she could manage in her two-legged form, clutching the precious bundle close to her chest.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]